AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 09:32   Link #21
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Lets just cut the theatrics and create a sticky spoiler thread, a new one for each chapter with a proper title "[Manga] Naruto 359 Spoilers", Monday of each week. Just un-sticky it once one of the spoilers are confirmed or, next Monday when its time to create the new one for the new chapter.

There is also the possibility of a forever sticky, one spoiler thread for them all "[Manga] Naruto Spoilers". With properly titled spoilers "359 Naruto Spoiler #1" then continuing in a numerical order, this way a forever sticky spoiler thread could work as well.

Personally I don’t have a problem with the way things are now, cause I consider my self very active and I take the time to read everything there is. While I could say "If I can do it, why can't they do it" and if they can't, they are just lazy. I can also say I understand, some people just don’t have the patience, or time (and some are just lazy ).
Old 2007-06-19, 09:56   Link #22
othafa

You don't want to take the approach of one thread staying sticky and existing forever. The result would be that a single thread would grow too large, which causes the entire message board application to slow down. Its not the total number of posts that slows down applications like this, its the number of posts per thread, and the rate of slowing is not linear, but some order of magnitude higher.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 18:27   Link #23
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If there are any objections to the current method, (I guess, there is, as a few posters pointed out recently), another reasonable approach would be to separate the spoiler part of the current chapter by moving it to a recent spoilers thread, after it loses its function.

After the chapter is out or a valid spoiler for the chapter is out (that is open to discussion), the previous discussions (based on the spoiler information) can be moved to the, for instance, "Recent spoilers discussion thread - Chapter xxx". This can cover discussion on spoilers for the last few chapters. The earlier spoilers can be moved to the, for instance, "Old spoilers discussion thread - Chapter yyy" (yyy is the latest chapter for which spoilers are posted in that thread). In this way, we can still keep it organized.

My only concern would be scattered discussions (because the cut point for the posts to be moved out might not be stable, as some posts on previous chapter might leak to the next chapter's spoilers). I guess, in time, people can get used to that.

Not related to spoiler discussions, but another thing I think we need to do, is to add a valid summary of the current chapter to the first post (before Syaoran was doing that). I am sure there will be posters who can do that when they have the time (it doesn't have to be a single dedicated poster). All the poster needs to do is to send a pm to Hunter with the link to his post, for instance, so that he can update it, if he considers the summary to be appropriate (it might be bothersome for monir at this point, that's why I haven't included your name). That would also be helpful for people, who want to check what the chapter is about, from the first page.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 21:03   Link #24
Nuu
Teh Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Rather then creating a separate thread... add a link to the beginning of the real summary in the first post...Peoples can skip the first few useless discussion.

Its not that hard to edit the first post you know,
As Kira said this is the easiest way to do it just add a link that goes to the first post of where the manga discussion starts and is not all about spoilers.... i might not respond to much but have been an avid reader on the forums for 2 or more years and had to remake after the server was hacked last year... And as a mod for another vB forum for my gaming community changing topic names, stickying and unstickying does get tedious and boring... most people dont like to do it but the people who first get the abiltiy to do it because its cool and neat and makes them feel important
Old 2007-06-26, 11:58   Link #25
Thrillhouse

Does this thread keep out that fake spoiler crap? I hate when the chapter discussion gets filled with those.
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 06:54   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Considering the vey low amount of people who felt neccessary to give their opinion on the matter I'm not going to change anything, obviously the majority do not care and those who care don't care enough to voice their opinion so the case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Not related to spoiler discussions, but another thing I think we need to do, is to add a valid summary of the current chapter to the first post (before Syaoran was doing that). I am sure there will be posters who can do that when they have the time (it doesn't have to be a single dedicated poster). All the poster needs to do is to send a pm to Hunter with the link to his post, for instance, so that he can update it, if he considers the summary to be appropriate (it might be bothersome for monir at this point, that's why I haven't included your name). That would also be helpful for people, who want to check what the chapter is about, from the first page.
There is no problem for that, if anyone make a summary of the chapter just contact me and I will make it available in the opening post.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 16:51   Link #27
DJ*

I suppose the fact I rarely post makes my opinion worthless, but manga chapter discussion threads are pretty much unreadable for the first 5-7 (on average) pages with all the fake spoiler nonsense.

Not even worth looking at until a full day after a raw is out.
Old 2007-06-30, 18:19   Link #28
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
There is no problem for that, if anyone make a summary of the chapter just contact me and I will make it available in the opening post.
Then, I guess, the easiest way to let everyone know is to add a single line to the opening post - that includes the usual warning - to remind posters about that summary-issue.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 02:40   Link #29
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Considering the vey low amount of people who felt neccessary to give their opinion on the matter I'm not going to change anything, obviously the majority do not care and those who care don't care enough to voice their opinion so the case is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Why summary when a link to the 1st post to the real chapter spoiler can achieve the same thing?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 06:18   Link #30
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I considered the real spoiler as a summary even if a more detailed one is welcome.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote