- Feldt Grace
- Meyrin Hawke
- Flay
- Soma[after watching S2 ep7]
KudoShinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:25   Link #23
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

where is four, o well, ok all the drug girls, and the twins (dianna and khiel), and sofie, tifa (miss her while voting ), marina, going for the motherly and big sis type .
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:33   Link #24
Shadow Kira01

Where are Noin Lucrezia and Murrue Ramius?

I know they get the minor character roles, but.. They are my favorite female characters of the Gundam universe. Noin is the pilot of Sank Kingdom's Taurus and Ramius is the navigator of the Arch Angel, the flagship of Kira Yamato.

And as for the ones listed:

Sayla Mass: Char Aznable's sister who fights alongside his archrival Amuro Rey.
Haman Karn: The only cool thing about her is her unique mobile suit, the Quebeley.
Emma Sheen: Her Gundam Mk. II is pretty cool. It has a nice design.
Relena Peacecraft: She and Marina Ismail seems to bear great resemblances in terms of political ideals.
Lacus Clyne: A great singer who can be considered a Macross "Galactic Songstress" crossover.
Cagalli Yula Athha: Her political ideals are similar to Lacus Clyne, but is placed in a situation of different circumstances. Her default mobile suit is the Strike Rouge which is actually the same thing as the Kira Yamato's Aile Strike with different coloring and customization. She was also the temporary pilot of the ORB-01, the Akatsuki.
Marina Ismail: The new version of Relena Peacecraft, a princess in the Middle East as opposed to the princess of an European nation.
Soma Peries: A Super-Soldier who have "quantum wave" abilities that are somewhat similar to that known as "NewType" or "SEED mode", except with major flaws. As opposed to the concept of "NewType" and "SEED mode" which occurs naturally without the need to high-tech surgery, it causes severe brain damage to the group known as "Super Soldiers".
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 15:23   Link #25
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Darn I was way to fast, I should have added Kihel Heim and Tiffa Adil...

BTW, where are Matilda Ajan and Hamon Crowley from MSG??!! They are not my favorite (All Hail Queen Dianna Soreil!!!), but they did strike me as powerfull female side characters, and I felt that they were quite iconic of the Gundam franchise.
Old 2008-11-18, 15:52   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

People who are asking where xxx character is, it's because the list can't fit everyone on, and why there is an 'other' option.
Old 2008-11-18, 16:16   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Erm, I'm really not sure if Marina was that amazing. I can't seem to remember that she did anything that even turned out well.

Is her failed attempts at trying to be a leader of her country a moe? Is it some kind of moe similar to dojikko(clumsiness moe), or is it because she's a pretty vase?

No, I'm seriously asking lol, I never had an attraction to Marina, so I really want to know why.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 16:19   Link #28
Pathis87

Marina ismail
Relena peacecraft
dorothy cathalonia
Marie parfacy /soma peris
Sumeragi Ri Noriega / kujo

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 16:30   Link #29
bran
h e a d s h o t

i love Feldt a lot

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 16:33   Link #30
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Erm, I'm really not sure if Marina was that amazing. I can't seem to remember that she did anything that even turned out well.

Is her failed attempts at trying to be a leader of her country a moe? Is it some kind of moe similar to dojikko(clumsiness moe), or is it because she's a pretty vase?

No, I'm seriously asking lol, I never had an attraction to Marina, so I really want to know why.
I think it's because she's not special?

If you think about it, all the females in 00 in general have something interesting about them, but Marina doesn't have anything we haven’t seen before.
I mean, Sumeragi is an alcoholic who is trying to run away from her past and grown to be stronger thanks to CB. Feldt was an anti-social girl who lost her parents at a young age and then grown to be a loving person thanks to Lockon. Nena is trigger happy, Chall is Gundam female protagonist (albit in aside story), Wang is mysterious, Soma is a bad ass pilot who found a father figure in Sergei, Kati is a brilliant strategist, Shirin is a strong middle eastern women, Louise is a girl who turned from happy-go-lucky type to the tragic type and Tieria is...wait no forget it.
Point is, I think Marina has not really been that devlpoed as a chacter on her own other than being the damsel in distress, and we haven’t really seen what she can (or did) as a ruler other than crying while Shirin advised her. :/
Just what I think
Old 2008-11-18, 16:38   Link #31
bran
h e a d s h o t

Marina is a wonderful symbol.It's enough for her to just sit there be pretty and nice and say things that make Setsuna want to call her mommy.

Old 2008-11-18, 16:45   Link #32
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
Marina is a wonderful symbol.It's enough for her to just sit there be pretty and nice and say things that make Setsuna want to call her mommy.
So she's just there 'cause Setsuna is, eh ?
Just to make sure, I don’t hate her or have an idea that she is poorly written or anything, all what I'm saying is that while she does have a certain tendency to attract feelings of sympathy, she doesn't seem to have anything other than that to help her be popular. I mean even Louise is beating her in that regard.
Old 2008-11-18, 16:49   Link #33
bran
h e a d s h o t

not for setsuna
for azadistan (when it still existed o.o )

Old 2008-11-18, 17:08   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Excellent thread whoever suggested it.

Hamarn Khan: For her leadership, piloting skill and her ability to stand her own against Char Aznable all at such a young age. Easily the best female antagonist character in all of Gundam and one of the best in anime period.

Allenby Beardsley: A fun loving hard hitting honorable Gundam Fighter. Could her own against all the manly men in the competition and wasn't taking any of her own sides attempts to use her in order to cheat and win the tournament. Also have to love her attack style.

Tiffa Adill: The number of bad things that happen to her and the fact that she wouldn't even hurt a fly if she could avoid it made me feel sorry for her throughout the series. I've also got to give her props for being such an absurdly powerful newtype (Level 9) yet never allowing that power to be used for any real harm other then the one time with the Satellite Cannon. Her freakout after that that sent her into a coma for quite a while shows just how much she regretted the loss of life. Also loli.....so yeah....

Kihel Heim: A capable leader (even moreso then Diana) and a proper lady to boot. She's pretty much the opposite of her sister Sochie (who I also like a lot) in that regard.

Dianna Soriel: A champion of the people. I think the episode where she's doing laundry to help out the people who the Moonrace have wronged during their landing while taking so much crap from Lily was the part that really endeared me to this character. That and the part where she broke down crying over the grave of Dylan even though she'd never met the guy. She felt so guilty and only wanted to do right by everyone. Glad she got the good ending she deserved.

Sochie Heim: She's from a rich family yet is nothing like the average Nocis character. She's more than willing to join the militia and take up arms against the enemy that killed her father and is not to be trifled with. Wish she could have gotten a happier ending.

Cagalli Yura Atha: For being the only female character in Gundam Seed worth talking about (even though they massacred her character in Destiny).

Soma Pieris/Marie Parfacy: Talk about your troubled upbringing. On top of being paralyzed as a child she had to undergo brainwashing that made her fight her best friend and love interest all of this time and know even after she recovered herself all of the pain she'd caused him. You saw her go from cold blooded emotionless soldier to caring daughter and eventually back to her own personality, triumphing over all of the experiments and tinkering the HRL did with her head and come out of it still fairly strong. That's what I call good character development

Shakti Kareen: Bar none my favourite female Gundam character period. So pure of heart that she makes the average Key girl look like the ice queen and yet realistically so. All throughout the series you see her quietly suffering as she watches her friends get killed in battle one by one and Uso turn from a happy go lucky kid into a shell shocked war veteran who doesn't seem to feel anything as he's killing his enemies by the end. She tries and tries to get her uncle and mother on the Zanscare side to see the destruction this war is bringing but to no avail and yet never gives up. That one scene where she's desperately trying to plant a flower in the middle of a forest to do her part in repairing the Earth, tears streaming down her face as Zanscare suits are bombing the area and Uso is trying to tear her away sticks with me to this day as one of the best in all of Gundam. Also the one song she sings, Hinageshi no Tabi no mukou ni sums up her characters struggle so well that I think it needs to be heard.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:27   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Just because Marina hasn't nothing anything doesn't mean she shouldn't be likable. I like her her story in the series, plus i adore her character design. I love the way Kouga Yun designs her females with so much power that they make an impact along with their characteristics. Something i have noticed in a lot of her works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Shakti Kareen: Bar none my favourite female Gundam character period. So pure of heart that she makes the average Key girl look like the ice queen and yet realistically so. All throughout the series you see her quietly suffering as she watches her friends get killed in battle one by one and Uso turn from a happy go lucky kid into a shell shocked war veteran who doesn't seem to feel anything as he's killing his enemies by the end. She tries and tries to get her uncle and mother on the Zanscare side to see the destruction this war is bringing but to no avail and yet never gives up. That one scene where she's desperately trying to plant a flower in the middle of a forest to do her part in repairing the Earth, tears streaming down her face as Zanscare suits are bombing the area and Uso is trying to tear her away sticks with me to this day as one of the best in all of Gundam. Also the one song she sings, Hinageshi no Tabi no mukou ni sums up her characters struggle so well that I think it needs to be heard.
Shakti is quite the character --- especially when you think about the show and it's dark elements, though it's because of those that she was perfect for the show. Still, some of her stupid mistakes did annoy me quite a bit. I could say she deserves a Bright slap at one point in the series.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-11-18 at 18:45.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:49   Link #36
Willowhugger

Here's my top Five Gundam Females.

1. Lacus Clyne: I really disliked Lacus in Gundam Seed Destiny but I confess that I enjoyed Lacus for most of her appearances in Seed. She really managed to do better than Princess Marina and Relena Peacecraft by being ACTIVE. Plus, it was nice to see her stand off against all the various forces that were warmongering.

2. Saya Mass: Poor Saya got left behind by Gundam and should have remained Amuro's love interest. I like to remember her as the first female Gundam pilot. Unfortunately, we never get to see her really beyond the original Mobile Suit Gundam. I preferred her in the AU Tomino Novel to be honest.

3. Fllay Allster: Only towards the end did I really forgive her for all of the various stupid things she did and the racism she showed early on. Crazy, psycho, and nutty as she was; she was still only a frightened young woman in a world gone mad.

4. Ema Sheen: I hope whoever I marry is like Ema. The Cool Older Sister of Gundam.

5. Feldt Grace and Soma: I don't know why I like both of these girls as much as I do but I really do. I think it has to do with both being seriously out of their depth.
Willowhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:56   Link #37
justavisitor

my choices:

Sayla Mass
Christina Mackenzie
Aina Sahalin
Tiffa Adill
Lacus Clyne
Marina Ismail

Others:
Cecily Fairchild
Feldt Grace
Murrue Ramius (her VA is the female lead's VA in cyber forumla, one of my favourite series and female lead!!!)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:07   Link #38
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just because Marina hasn't nothing anything doesn't mean she shouldn't be likable. I like her her story in the series, plus i adore her character design. I love the way Kouga Yun designs her females with so much power that they make an impact along with their characteristics. Something i have noticed in a lot of her works.
I'm totally neutral on Marina, its like her failed attempts, which is mostly minus points for me, keeps getting negated by by sympathy for her. And then she just stays there at zero love or hate. But anyway, I rarely hate characters, at least for now, I can't remember any character that I hated lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 21:14   Link #39
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Well, as I like Marina the most from all the Gundam series I've watched (which were only SEED, SEED Destiny, and Wing,) but I also wonder the same thing.

I think, just I think, like other people had said, it might be because she hasn't done anything yet, so it's hard to tell if what she'll do will affect her 'likable' aura (LOL I used strange word.)

But if you ask me, the reason is because, due to other female characters...they are SUPER special...to the point where it can becomes...freaky...and creepy...at times, but Marina is NORMAL. She's sensitive, weak, but there were also times that she's so determined, strong, and understanding...especially to Setsuna. And like I've said so many times before...she's very neutral. While she doesn't like fighting (or to fight)[and that's maybe the the reason why she seems so weak], she tries to understand how other people's feel, she believed(s) in Celestial Being...and even more...Setsuna.
And while many people think Setsuna see a mother figure in Marina after they watched episode 5, I think differently. I think it's more like he's longing for someone to give him kindness and comfort.

And another thing is from all the older 3 Gundam series I've wacthed, the female characters didn't really have the main roles or actions until it's 10 episodes left...So I think we'll all have to wait and see.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 21:20   Link #40
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
have only watched SEED and 00 so it's Marina and Fllay Allster all the way

(SEED without Fllay would be boring, and why oh why theres no Fllay on the list :/ )
indr0008 is offline   Reply With Quote