AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 22:04   Link #1
7Th
Mixtape

Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei: Maasaki Yuasa does noitamina!

Nodame's follow-up has been announced, and it's going to be directed by the Maasaki Yuasa! Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei will be an adaptation of the Tomihiko Morimi novel of the same name. Character design will be by Yusuke Nakamura, who does the cover art for the Asian Kung-Fu Generation CDs.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:50   Link #2
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Does that mean I won't have to fear plotting incoherency?

Still, very excited just because a badly done Yuasa show is still heck a lot better than the tons of drivel we've had the previous seasons.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 07:58   Link #3
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Nodame's follow-up has been announced, and it's going to be directed by the Maasaki Yuasa! Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei will be an adaptation of the Tomihiko Morimi novel of the same name. Character design will be by Yusuke Nakamura, who does the cover art for the Asian Kung-Fu Generation CDs.
Top that with MADHOUSE production ^__^ this recipe makes me really hungry
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 18:32   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

this is going to be the best show of spring, but nobody will watch it
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 16:41   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I love the character design and of course biased to Noitamina in the first place. Will keep this on my radar.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 14:03   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maasaki Yuasa + Noitamina = must watch. Sadly it's probably true that almost nobody will watch it.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:01   Link #7
Crontica

With deigns like that it'll be miracle if i do watch it. Noein was the limit on how badly they could sacrifice art stability.
Old 2010-01-30, 01:05   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Though never was into Nodame , this caught my interest . Mainly due to its niche art work (Reminded of XXXHOLiC) and slice of life settings . Will give this a try and see if it is to my liking : )
Old 2010-02-21, 08:38   Link #9
SneakerPimp

Trailer: http://www.manganimation.net/news/20...masaaki-yuasa/
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 09:23   Link #10
Weils

From ANN:

Opening theme: "Koinu to Ame no Bīto (迷子犬と雨のビート; Stray Puppy And The Beat Of Rain)" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Ending theme: "Kami-sama no Iu Tōri (神様のいうとおり; As God Dictates)" by Junji Ishiwatari & Yoshinori Sunahara + Etsuko Yakushimaru

Cast:
Maaya Sakamoto as Akashi
Shintaro Asunuma as "I" (Watashi)
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Ozu
Junichi Suwabe as Jōgasaki
Keiji Fujiwara as Higuchi
Yuko Kaida as Hanuki
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:10   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post
As expected of Masaaki Yuasa, the art is very special. Most people are going to get turned off once again.

Maaya Sakamoto? Yet another reason to watch this.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:53   Link #12
MidnightReverie
Senior Lurker

I must say the way they presented the trailer with the use of AR markers at the press conference was pretty cool. Link for those interested (starts from 4:00).
MidnightReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 22:44   Link #13
solomon

Must see easily.

I couldn't deal with Kaiba, Yuuasa's art house tendencies ran rampant with that one.

Still Kemonozume and MindGame I love because despite all the craziness, the shows are grounded with real genuine emotion. I expect this for this show given that it's about kids in college. His visual stylings need no introduction.

Can't wait.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 01:18   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Must see easily. I couldn't deal with Kaiba, Yuuasa's art house tendencies ran rampant with that one.

Still Kemonozume and MindGame I love because despite all the craziness, the shows are grounded with real genuine emotion. I expect this for this show given that it's about kids in college. His visual stylings need no introduction. Can't wait.
The problem for me wasn't the art, it was the writing. I'll have to give Kemonozume and Mindgame more of a chance, since you say there is real emotion there.

The problem I see here is that the writer is Uezu Makoto (School Days, etc.). I just hope that the original novel is better than Uezu and more grounded than Kaiba.

I take Yuuasa seriously. I just haven't been able to get through to anything genuinely human. I admit it may be my fault. I hope this is when I get it.

Excellent cast. And I'm happy it's set in Kyoto.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 17:55   Link #15
epl

New Yojou-han PV is posted on the noitamina website

http://noitamina.tv/

Looks pretty good. Can't wait til this airs.
epl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 23:29   Link #16
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by epl View Post
New Yojou-han PV is posted on the noitamina website

http://noitamina.tv/

Looks pretty good. Can't wait til this airs.
Expectations were blown away! Looks incredible!
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 07:43   Link #17
bateszi

Send a message via MSN to bateszi
Yup, after the first trailer I wasn't so sure, but this second one is really the Yuasa-brand of awesome; particularly liked the scene with the fireworks, vibrant and full of life. Also, really excited about the fact I have absolutely no idea where this series is going to go.
bateszi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 18:38   Link #18
Joojoobees

I agree. The first trailer cut too much up to get a sense of how the actual show would come across. In a word the intense visuals looked "garish". This new trailer, by using more extended sequences, gives a much better sense of what the real viewing experience will be like. Still intense, but I can imagine making sense of it, and enjoying it. I really liked Mind Game, so I'm on for this one.
Old 2010-04-16, 07:37   Link #19
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Like House of Five Leaves, Youjo-han has been licensed for streaming by Funimation and will appear on its site. The first simulcast will appear a week from today.

I wonder if this represents some sort of commitment to Noitamina by Funi or just a one-off deal. Most Noitamina shows remain unavailable and largely unknown in R1 because few of them have gotten licensed. I find it remarkable that successful franchises like Nodame or shows like Mononoke which had strong Japanese DVD sales never appeared in R1.

Will Funi simulcast the live-action Moyashimon that is coming up this summer? They've shown more interest in licensing J- and K- dramas recently.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:11   Link #20
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Like House of Five Leaves, Youjo-han has been licensed for streaming by Funimation and will appear on its site. The first simulcast will appear a week from today.
Added the little red L to the thread, thanks for the info.

Quote:
I wonder if this represents some sort of commitment to Noitamina by Funi or just a one-off deal. Most Noitamina shows remain unavailable and largely unknown in R1 because few of them have gotten licensed. I find it remarkable that successful franchises like Nodame or shows like Mononoke which had strong Japanese DVD sales never appeared in R1.
According to recent twitter posts by Funi, it seems theyre digging anything noitaminA at the moment. Because of this Im truly hoping they license Mononoke sooner then later.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funimation, noitamina