Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 08:49   Link #1
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Talking Galactical Maiden Ciel - [Yuri/Sim/RPG] - still in development

Gameplay Video
Gameplay video available here.

About
Galactical Maiden Ciel is a dungeon based RPG combined with dating sim, and strategy elements. Unlike other RPGs, Galactical Maiden Ciel features a rogue/thief class oriented dungeons where abilities like stealth, detect trap, open lock, decyphering ancient rune, and diplomacy play important roles in the game.

Story
In a desolate desert in middle east, a group of scientists uncover an ancient ruin of alien civilization known as Dogma Empire. As they enter the ruin, they found it's inhabitants in suspended animation. It does not take long until they begin to awake from their slumber and unleash their terrible power on the unfortunate scientists and soon ... . the world.

Characters

Umenomiya Kana is one of the scientist captured by Dogma Empire. She become an experiment object to create a powerful Dogma warrior and had Ciel System installed within her body. Alice manages to save her just before Dogma scientists initiate the brainwashing procedure. Together, they make their escape from the ruin. However, this left the installation of Ciel System uncompleted and untested.

Umenomiya Alice is an intelligent battle android created by Kana's late father. She was captured along with Kana but managed to free herself with the help of a mysterious person. She proceeds to free her master and escape the ruin together. After this event, she gradually begins to act and think like a human which will change her relationship with Kana.

Kagura Himiko is a fierce Empress of Yamatai. Thousand years ago, she commanded 4 starbeasts to defeat and seal Goram - emperor of Dogma Empire along with his minions in the ancient ruin. According to legend, she put a spell on herself which make her fall into an eternal sleep as long as the Goram's seal is intact. However, Goram's recent awakening didn't break the spell as intended and the world continue to fall into despair.

Basic Features
1. Dungeon Exploration
  • Experience a rogue oriented dungeon with traps, locks, ambushes, and magical seals instead of the usual bash everything in sights!
  • Room based style dungeons similar to Riviera - The Promised Lands.
2. Semi Real-time Turn Based Battle
  • Higher agility will bring your turn faster.
  • Beautifully animated sprites.
  • As the battle progresses, Ciel Overdrive gauge will be filled which will unlock a powerful Overdrive Attack. This attack depletes Kana's HP, use it wisely.
3. Starbeasts and Area Management System
  • Starbeast are 4 giant guardians based on Chinese constellations who destroyed Dogma Empire in the past.
  • Genbu - Black Tortoise will serve as Kana's mothership.
  • Command Genbu and defend the cities from Dogma Empire's attacks.
  • Choosing which area to attack/defend can be decisive to humanity's survival
4. Schedule Management System
  • 3 schedules to choose: Gymnastic, Meditation, Research.
  • Gymnastic will give physical points which can be used to raise physical stats and skills. These will be useful mostly during battle (improving physical damage, chance to dodge, etc) and dungeon exploration (avoiding traps and stuff).
  • Meditation will give mental points which can be used to raise mental stats and skill. These will be useful mostly during battle (magical skills, etc) and conversation (noticing lies, persuading people).
  • Research will give research points which can be used to improve Kana's Ciel form's ability, and weaponry.
5. Yuri Dating Sim
  • 2 girls to date ( Alice and Himiko ). Yes, this is a yuri game ^^;

Screenshots

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think about the game, every feedback and suggestion are greatly appreciated ! (especially if it's about my spelling and grammar lol, since english is not my original language ^^; ).

If you want to follow the development progress of this game, feel free to visit my blog by clicking my forum signature!

Last edited by EroBotan; 2012-08-05 at 19:51.
EroBotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:16   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:47   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow,great job so far. Wait..... so how exactly are you related to this game? Developer? Promoter?

The game looks quite professional in fact. Have you/the game developer made any games before this?

My 2c suggestions:
  • I don't think you need to spend too much times/money/effort on games' seiyuu. Need to dub some sounds, (sigh, laugh, cheer) just so the player can get an idea how certain character sound like. And then they will fill the rest with their imagination as the game going on.There was that Japanese game about shop keeper (forgot the name) use this approach, and my memories still tell me now that the game was dubbed all the way
  • I know the setting, but I think the purple~ish dungeon looks a bit dark and depressed. Our room is depressed enough for us basement otaku. A dungeon with flower, mold, trees and sunlight is probably something more alien, out-of-this-world to us (was it also FF approach?)
  • threesome ending?
Old 2012-08-05, 12:18   Link #4
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Your interest is much appreciated ! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Wow,great job so far. Wait..... so how exactly are you related to this game? Developer? Promoter?

The game looks quite professional in fact. Have you/the game developer made any games before this?

My 2c suggestions:
  • I don't think you need to spend too much times/money/effort on games' seiyuu. Need to dub some sounds, (sigh, laugh, cheer) just so the player can get an idea how certain character sound like. And then they will fill the rest with their imagination as the game going on.There was that Japanese game about shop keeper (forgot the name) use this approach, and my memories still tell me now that the game was dubbed all the way
  • I know the setting, but I think the purple~ish dungeon looks a bit dark and depressed. Our room is depressed enough for us basement otaku. A dungeon with flower, mold, trees and sunlight is probably something more alien, out-of-this-world to us (was it also FF approach?)
  • threesome ending?
Thanks for the suggestions!! I agree completely about the seiyuu part, my current plan is to buy those seiyuu's voice packs at DLSite. Hopefully I can find some that match my characters. And that shopkeeper game is probably Recettear !

You're right about the dungeon, it looks pretty depressing lol. I'll add more stuff to make it brighter (I especially love your sunlight idea!!!).

Threesome ending? DEFINITELY!!!

As for my role in this game, currently I'm both the developer and promotor ^^;. I've made some games in the past but they're pretty old and embarassing lol (a simple and imbalance 3d shoot em up, a retro donkey kong clone, and tons of trial & error project for learning purpose)

Last edited by EroBotan; 2012-08-05 at 20:23.
EroBotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 14:48   Link #5
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

With so many games sticking you with male protagonists and/or enforcing straightness it's quite refreshing to see something like this as a lesbian. It's hard to get emotionally invested in a romance that you can't personally identify with.

I'm also willing to offer services as a writer--I've been wanting to be involved with indie game development for a while but my coding knowledge is way, way behind the curve... I can barely do a few things in Java, C and assembly but nothing good enough to actually make anything on my own. However, I am a good writer.
Old 2012-08-05, 15:59   Link #6
Seitsuki
Onee!

Yuri. \o/

How big is the team atm? Are you in need of any extraneous help?

....also, pettanko where? >_>
Old 2012-08-05, 20:09   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

your dragon looks too much like Rayquaza
Old 2012-08-06, 04:10   Link #8
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

With so many games sticking you with male protagonists and/or enforcing straightness it's quite refreshing to see something like this as a lesbian. It's hard to get emotionally invested in a romance that you can't personally identify with.
Yeah, we definitely need more game yuri games! I've been living long enough in this world but I haven't seen any yuri dating sim >.< (I heard harvest moon girls actually has this element, but the american publisher decide to cut it and we ended only with boys D: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Yuri. \o/

....also, pettanko where? >_>
Alice is suppose to be one, well ... almost one (her's are small but not exactly flat) .. It's just that I screwed up a bit when drawing her maid outfit lol. I guarantee that they will be fixed later ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
How big is the team atm? Are you in need of any extraneous help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm also willing to offer services as a writer--I've been wanting to be involved with indie game development for a while but my coding knowledge is way, way behind the curve... I can barely do a few things in Java, C and assembly but nothing good enough to actually make anything on my own. However, I am a good writer.
so far, the team consist only me so I definitely going to need some help in the future. I'll be sure to contact you guys when I need help with the game (most likely in music, writing/editing, background artwork) !! Thanks a lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
your dragon looks too much like Rayquaza
Rayquaza o.o? this rayquaza?
Old 2012-08-06, 09:40   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What is your plan on BGM? Because i think it's one of the most important aspect of gaming (and doujin games often fail at this mostly due to budget)....

Unless you already had that cover, if i have to suggest, then I probably will encourage to do some Youtube scouting (or uni department scouting). Unknown artists/music students sometime produce some brilliant short original soundtrack, and most of the time will feel honour that their creation will be used , free of charge
Old 2012-08-06, 20:25   Link #10
EroBotan
Nasty Pet

I agree that music is very important, imagine watching Jaw with no music lol, it won't be that scary anymore xD

I'm already scouting right now, but I didn't realize that I can find some talented artist in youtube (now that I think about it, it's kinda obvious actually ... guess I'm getting old ^^. Thanks a lot for the info!!!

Tags
dating sim, galactical maiden ciel, rpg, visual novel, yuri