AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 22:38   Link #2461
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I've been listening to Nana's MSLN songs constantly as of late. She never ceases to amaze me every single time.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 00:31   Link #2462
motaku96
もたく

Vita gets an upgrade. For those of you that don't have nico accounts, don't worry about it, you're not missing anything great. It's just a video of snapshots of someone attaching sazabi parts from his gundam model onto a vita figure. And there's also a shot of Fate w/ deathscythe parts. Certainly not worth uploading but kinda fun to watch for model building fans.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:46   Link #2463
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, I was browsing Barnes and Noble tonight and came across something interesting...

Sound Stage X

Yes, you see that right, Barnes and Noble has Sound Stage X for sale, when the StrikerS anime hasn't been dubbed yet.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:47   Link #2464
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well, I was browsing Barnes and Noble tonight and came across something interesting...

Sound Stage X

Yes, you see that right, Barnes and Noble has Sound Stage X for sale, when the StrikerS anime hasn't been dubbed yet.
Sure, if you want to pay $70 for it.
Old 2009-12-11, 01:50   Link #2465
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Sure, if you want to pay $70 for it.
Yep...

Sad, eh?

Too bad B&N is the only place that sells anime and CDs in large enough quantities around here. Best Buy sucks.

Old 2009-12-11, 01:50   Link #2466
motaku96
もたく

Quote:

Sound Stage X

Oh cool, I would totally buy that if I saw it at the store....*looks at the price*...I would stand in the store for a long time looking at it wishing I could buy it.

btw, strikers isn't getting a dub. At least there are no plans for it as of now. If someone picks it up, but right now no one's licensing it I believe. Geneon didn't get it before it went under. And funi has made no moves at it despite releasing the first 2 series a year ago.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:24   Link #2467
Supremezero

Quote:

Sound Stage X

... is it translated somehow?
Supremezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:30   Link #2468
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremezero View Post
... is it translated somehow?
Not a clue.

Old 2009-12-11, 13:31   Link #2469
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

For the love of...

If you look one page back, you'll see Nagumo posting a big link to all of her translations of the sound stages, which includes Sound Stage X.

This is why a dedicated Sound Stages thread would be extremely useful.

And no, it wouldn't be hard-translated. It's $70, a price I would expect on an imported product. Plus it would be silly to have only SSX translated and none of the other Sound Stages done.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:44   Link #2470
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
For the love of...

If you look one page back, you'll see Nagumo posting a big link to all of her translations of the sound stages, which includes Sound Stage X.

And no, it wouldn't be hard-translated. It's $70, a price I would expect on an imported product. Plus it would be silly to have only SSX translated and none of the other Sound Stages done.
True.

Too bad the mods didn't go for it.

Old 2009-12-11, 13:45   Link #2471
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lol. No offense, Tempy, but I think they already know Nagumo has it translated. I think the question was just if the B&N copy had somehow been translated for our benefit already.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:29   Link #2472
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Wait...Soundstage X is at Barnes and Nobles? 0_o WTF!

*goes to check website*

HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE RIIIIGHT!
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 07:20   Link #2473
Supremezero

Quote:
For the love of...

... if you were talking to me, I'm well aware of Nagumo's translations. I was talking about whether Barnes and Nobles would have it translated.
Supremezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:26   Link #2474
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

SSX CD2 20-21-22
And as such, SSX is complete.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 11:15   Link #2475
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremezero View Post
... if you were talking to me, I'm well aware of Nagumo's translations. I was talking about whether Barnes and Nobles would have it translated.
No, it wouldn't be translated. Having a commercial translation being sold involves a ton of legal stuff over the rights which isn't a worthy undertaking given the current situation of the Nanoha franchise in North America.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 11:50   Link #2476
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Yep...

Sad, eh?

Too bad B&N is the only place that sells anime and CDs in large enough quantities around here. Best Buy sucks.
Actually best buy prices are always about 10 bucks cheaper for anime dvds than B&N. B&N sells at list price while Best Buy goes lower.

I really wonder how B&N got their hands on some SSX. Maybe it was a misship and they got it by accident and were like... let's sell this!
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 12:15   Link #2477
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Actually best buy prices are always about 10 bucks cheaper for anime dvds than B&N. B&N sells at list price while Best Buy goes lower.

I really wonder how B&N got their hands on some SSX. Maybe it was a misship and they got it by accident and were like... let's sell this!
Eh, really? I always find that I can't buy from Best Buy because it's too expensive for me. ("Fifty bucks?! I ain't got that kinda scratch woman! I work for a living!")

Old 2009-12-13, 12:37   Link #2478
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Eh, really? I always find that I can't buy from Best Buy because it's too expensive for me. ("Fifty bucks?! I ain't got that kinda scratch woman! I work for a living!")
Yep, using Nanoha as an example, the first season (the new thinpack set) and the preorder for the second seasons rerelease costs 34.99$ at Best Buy but 39.99 at B&N online, The original A's set is the same price at both places though.

Though for anime buying online (I buy instore to save on shipping primarily) Right Stuf's the way to go, they have great sales and great prices (most of the time), that's where I got my Nanoha box sets from actually, for 29.99$ (currently it's actually at 23.99$)

Oh and something bizarre I found, Best Buy also has SSX for sale.
Old 2009-12-13, 12:41   Link #2479
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Yep, using Nanoha as an example, the first season (the new thinpack set) and the preorder for the second seasons rerelease costs 34.99$ at Best Buy but 39.99 at B&N online, The original A's set is the same price at both places though.

Though for anime buying online (I buy instore to save on shipping primarily) Right Stuf's the way to go, they have great sales and great prices (most of the time), that's where I got my Nanoha box sets from actually, for 29.99$ (currently it's actually at 23.99$)

Oh and something bizarre I found, Best Buy also has SSX for sale.
WTF!!! 0_o

Actually, I bought my Nanoha box set from the Funimation site...big mistake. Cost me over $45!

And Best Buy is expensive...at least to me...but it didn't stop me from buying Heroic Age for $60...

*cries*
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 12:46   Link #2480
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
WTF!!! 0_o

Actually, I bought my Nanoha box set from the Funimation site...big mistake. Cost me over $45!

And Best Buy is expensive...at least to me...but it didn't stop me from buying Heroic Age for $60...

*cries*
Make it a habit, never ever buy from the company's site, they pretty much always have it at list price, the exception is at Cons where they tend to discount their products and you don't have the fun of tax and shipping bogging you down.

Anime in general is expensive but if you shop around you can get good deals.

Tags
music