AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-11, 06:38   Link #401
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm glad that Arawn's wife (whos name escapes me >_> ) is so understanding with him having mistresses.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 07:30   Link #402
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

She just wants to please her husband, is all.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 09:07   Link #403
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Looking forward to the lessons about how to pick up your own harem .
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Arwan is teaching him everything except how to recruit. That old fox... Arthur won't have his harem with Arwan around I'm afraid.
Given his reaction every time his harem gains a new member, I'm not sure Arawn himself fully understands how he's collecting all these women. He certainly isn't actively pursuing them. It just seems to happen. So I'm not sure whether he could teach Arthur how to "catch 'em all" even if he wanted to teach him.

Maybe gathering a harem is a side effect of being a demon king?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 09:13   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Given his reaction every time his harem gains a new member, I'm not sure Arawn himself fully understands how he's collecting all these women. He certainly isn't actively pursuing them. It just seems to happen. So I'm not sure whether he could teach Arthur how to "catch 'em all" even if he wanted to teach him.
That's the charm of Arawn's harem though, the fact that it'll build and build without him even having to do anything. He's just being himself, and Arthur is not close at all to being that.
Old 2009-05-11, 09:32   Link #405
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's the charm of Arawn's harem though, the fact that it'll build and build without him even having to do anything. He's just being himself, and Arthur is not close at all to being that.
True, true. Arthur's not anywhere near Arawn's level. And I doubt he'll ever be. For one thing, Arthur's fighting the whole not a demon lord thing. But I have hopes that Arthur will one day come into his own and at least get himself one wife. I think the boy has potential. (He wouldn't be in my sig if I didn't have hopes for him. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-05-11, 10:47   Link #406
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Good thinking on Arwans part to cut the loss and retreat very leveled headed.
Old 2009-05-11, 10:54   Link #407
Ottocycle

Looks like I've to delay assessing this series for a while, since the harem-building period is yet to be over. Part and parcel of world-building too, as an aside.

Yeah you read that right, harem-building > world-exposition.

Gotta wait till the story comes into its own, else I'll be too clouded by my prior (good) experience with Utawarerumono .

In other news, Octavia is love. Sorry Touka, Tanaka Rie wins this one for her.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 12:15   Link #408
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
True, true. Arthur's not anywhere near Arawn's level. And I doubt he'll ever be. For one thing, Arthur's fighting the whole not a demon lord thing. But I have hopes that Arthur will one day come into his own and at least get himself one wife. I think the boy has potential. (He wouldn't be in my sig if I didn't have hopes for him. )
Yeah, Arthur has a lot of potential to one day make a worthy king for his people, and one of the great factors of this show is watching him grow as a character towards that goal --- of course, with Arawn as a teacher.

The banter between Arthur and Arawn is loads of fun though, as you can already see the deep bond that's started between the two. Just like Oboro and Hakuoro from Utawarerumono.
Old 2009-05-11, 13:01   Link #409
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
It just seems to happen. So I'm not sure whether he could teach Arthur how to "catch 'em all" even if he wanted to teach him.
Arawn is kinda in the same boat as Minato Course Minato needs his Sekirei but how he's acquiring them reminds of me that and the whole "gotta catch them all" (even if Arawn isnt trying) is funny.

Oh my Taliesin, you're nice to look at
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 13:04   Link #410
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Arawn is kinda in the same boat as Minato Course Minato needs his Sekirei but how he's acquiring them reminds of me that and the whole "gotta catch them all" (even if Arawn isnt trying) is funny.

LMAO Women are like Pokemon "gotta catch em all"
Old 2009-05-11, 13:18   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Along with being nice to listen too --- voice and harp.
Old 2009-05-11, 13:40   Link #412
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Newest wife looks hot.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 13:41   Link #413
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Arawan's harem is building up quite nicely
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 15:21   Link #414
LKK

Quote:
Along with being nice to listen too --- voice and harp.
Nice harp music indeed. Too bad there's no way that little lyre could have produced the music we heard. Nor could the music have come from the way he was strumming the strings. Then again, for all we know so far, Taliesin could be as magical as the rest of the gang. In which case, he may have been playing an enchanted harp capable of producing music far beyond its musical range.

Old 2009-05-11, 15:32   Link #415
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Nice harp music indeed. Too bad there's no way that little lyre could have produced the music we heard. Nor could the music have come from the way he was strumming the strings. Then again, for all we know so far, Taliesin could be as magical as the rest of the gang. In which case, he may have been playing an enchanted harp capable of producing music far beyond its musical range.
Yeah there's probably some sort of magic involved. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the piece will appear on the first soundtrack that's being released at the end of June. I have the Prologue soundtrack (which is a wonderful idea i might add). Five pieces from that soundtrack will do me for now.

Been a while since i've listened to a new score by Takayuki Hattori, and so far this has been a great turn out. Just what i'd expect from him.
Old 2009-05-11, 23:46   Link #416
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Well, in the game all his songs consume MP (but like the anime, it's never properly explained), so you could go that route 8P
Aside that, I thought ep. 6 would deviate from the game, instead it offers a background for the next episode, as people will see soon I suppose.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 03:16   Link #417
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Arwan sure has an easy time collecting wives. They literally are as easy as collecting drift wood from the sea...

And I like how the show portrays the villain side with some good people. They are more like punch clock mooks that should really join Arwan's side.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 04:57   Link #418
Raa
Sceptic

I don't like direction this anime is heading.
For some reason I was hoping for good action and mysterious story. Instead we have what now? Harem? The bunch of annoying characters?
OMG@elves. Can it be any worse? =)
Raa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 05:34   Link #419
Ottocycle

Quote:
Been a while since i've listened to a new score by Takayuki Hattori, and so far this has been a great turn out. Just what i'd expect from him.
Oh shit. I'm a huge fan of his drama scores. Didn't know it was him until I saw this, well to be fair to him I feel he hasn't much space to stretch his talent, given we've only harem-building activities for now.

Only a piece from the end of ep5 caught my ear so far. Well that and the Taliesin piece. (What's he holding? Mini-harp?)
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 07:22   Link #420
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Oh shit. I'm a huge fan of his drama scores. Didn't know it was him until I saw this, well to be fair to him I feel he hasn't much space to stretch his talent, given we've only harem-building activities for now.
There's a few pieces in the first two episodes that show off what Hattori is capable of doing, and what i know him for. Thankfully those pieces appeared on the prologue soundtrack.

Loving the preview music as well. That style seems to be the theme of the score, which i am very happy with. It's a nice change, and fits the setting of this story nicely.

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox