AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-01, 21:20   Link #1101
Xagzan

Man, some people here can hold some weird grudges against the girls.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 22:19   Link #1102
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
its because they are passionate about most things
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 22:31   Link #1103
KrimzonStriker

It's a personal belief, not something I have against Shou herself but just stuff like that in general, it's not fun playing second-fiddle as she herself is all too aware of now...
Old 2010-05-01, 22:44   Link #1104
KLGChaos
The Shermain

If enough time passes, I wouldn't mind Utsumi and Shou hooking up. Then it wouldn't be a rebound thing.
Old 2010-05-01, 22:47   Link #1105
KrimzonStriker

N.O. to that, forgiveness should only go so far, and you only get so many chances in life, this manga is full of these examples if you haven't noticed... <_<
Old 2010-05-01, 22:58   Link #1106
Xagzan

You're gonna have to point those out to me, cause nobody's died. They all have plenty of chances for as long as they live. Anyway, standing someone up once really isn't something I'd call unforgivable.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 23:25   Link #1107
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I hope Risa wins him over at least for a little while.
I agree and disagree. I never liked the temporary love thing (ie: S*z*ka), it's not fair to the girl. However, it would be good to get away from Yuki, put some space and gain some perspective.

Quote:
The author did have to take down her web site because she was pummeled with comments and even had a death threat after Shou got that hickey. People get attached the characters, although otaku seem to be extreme no matter what.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:29   Link #1108
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
N.O. to that, forgiveness should only go so far, and you only get so many chances in life, this manga is full of these examples if you haven't noticed... <_<
Well, considering Shou made ONE mistake, you're not really giving her any chances at all, are you? It's not like she repeatedly and purposefully hurt Utsumi. It's not like she cheated on him while she was his girlfriend or anything. She rejected him because she was in love with someone else. If that's grounds to blacklist someone forever, then there isn't much use for forgiveness in this world.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:30   Link #1109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Well, considering Shou made ONE mistake, you're not really giving her any chances at all, are you? It's not like she repeatedly and purposefully hurt Utsumi. It's not like she cheated on him while she was his girlfriend or anything. She rejected him because she was in love with someone else. If that's grounds to blacklist someone forever, then there isn't much use for forgiveness in this world.
Agreed. Shou is can be redeemed. However, the price should be high since she really did frak him over - and good.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:31   Link #1110
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
You're gonna have to point those out to me, cause nobody's died. They all have plenty of chances for as long as they live. Anyway, standing someone up once really isn't something I'd call unforgivable.
I said it was a personal thing, and I always found it annoying when people were forgiven too easily for stuff like that... it irritated me to no end sometimes to see people just pass stuff off like it was a lark and to never bring it up again even though in many relationships it would be hanging over couples like a cloud <_< And there are plenty of examples of failure's to move on and giving people too many chances, Shou and her senpai, Yuki and Tooru etc etc...
Old 2010-05-02, 00:15   Link #1111
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, after what Shou pulled last time?? I mean RREAALLYY?? It'll always be in the back of my mind, so while they can be friends I seriously have issues if they try to go beyond that again <_<
Hey, if you can't forgive Shou, I can't forgive Yuki. Besides, Utsumi gets along really well with Shou.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:20   Link #1112
ZODDGUTS

Utsumi in the last chapter mention about not hurting Risa like how he was hurt goes to show that he hasn't forgotten what was done to him by Shou. Though since he's the nice guy lead he had forgiven her just not forgotten about it. Shame he didn't do like what a character from a Korean Drama did to he's ex-gf who had cheated on him, she came back wanting to get back together so they did, he slept with her and dump her ass afterwards. And he's character was the nice guy as well but thanks to her he mention that he had changed.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:24   Link #1113
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The reason why I don't like Yuki much is because I dated a girl that was similar to her once. She couldn't forget about her ex and was always swinging back and forth between me and him. I was stupid enough to take her back two times after twice she left me and twice she came back when he cheats on her again and again. I can't stand girls that can't get over their shitty ex's.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:30   Link #1114
ZODDGUTS

Yuki gets a free pass since she hasn't cheated on Utusumi or even dated him for real. But yeah I forsee a canful of worms in their relationship once they start dating.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:32   Link #1115
KrimzonStriker

That sounds more like Shou then Yuki Takara, Yuki hasn't gotten back together with her ex and she is considering Utsumi as it is. And no Shadow, I don't consider it the same thing because Yuki hasn't done anything yet while doing what she can not to get Utsumi's hopes up like with Shou while at the same time is seriously reevaluating her relationship with him... and hey, technicalities are still valid in a court of law, how do you think most people get off nowadays?
Old 2010-05-02, 00:34   Link #1116
KLGChaos
The Shermain

That's just it. Shou didn't day Utsumi either and hasn't cheated on him. If you overlook Yuki's actions, but not Shou's (who didn't even go on a date with him yet, unlike Yuki), then it's a bit of a double standard.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:36   Link #1117
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's just it. Shou didn't day Utsumi either and hasn't cheated on him. If you overlook Yuki's actions, but not Shou's (who didn't even go on a date with him yet, unlike Yuki), then it's a bit of a double standard.
They were going on a date and real date and she backed out on it to go out with another guy who she loved. That may not be cheating but it's still fucked up.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:41   Link #1118
KrimzonStriker

Exactly, that was just screwed up right there and she made that decision of her own choice <_<
Old 2010-05-02, 00:50   Link #1119
ZODDGUTS

It wouldn't be as bad if she had told Utsumi her decision rather than not telling him and secretly going on a date with that boy. Utsumi still thought they were going to have relationship only to be sucker punch by seeing Shou going on a date with that guy. At least by telling him before she had dated the other guy it would have soften the blow rather than being sucker punched by what he saw.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:50   Link #1120
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Going on a date doesn't really constitute a relationship, IMO. Utsumi never even confessed to her. Yes, the way she went about it is wrong, but you're acting like she did it malociously and was laughing at how much she hurt Utsumi. If you damn every girl for something like that, you might as well damn every girl in the world because I'm sure they've all made a mistake like that at some point.

While it's true that Shou may have gotten Utsumi's hopes up, so did Yuki with the date to the concert and the vague answer. The whole thing about this date with Risa was to show Utsumi not wanting to do the same thing to Risa that Yuki was doing to him.

I honestly think people are playing favorite. Yuki could go sleep with Tooru and she'd still be forgiven by her fans.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi