AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 05:15   Link #3261
Kafriel
Senior Guest

With losing, comes experience^^ The more you play the more you'll get used to the tactics played against you. It's the same with DotA really, if you 1v4 insane A.I. and get to know your main item builds, the only thing that stops you from winning is multiplayer synergy...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:22   Link #3262
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With losing, comes experience^^ The more you play the more you'll get used to the tactics played against you. It's the same with DotA really, if you 1v4 insane A.I. and get to know your main item builds, the only thing that stops you from winning is multiplayer synergy...
I don't feel much experience when protoss players come in with 10000 stalkers before I have anything worthwhile, and even if I do, I can't go on the offensive without my base being destroyed. Terran have the most immobile units ever. I'm starting to think that they don't fit my playstyle AT ALL. Think I may start learning how to use protoss or zerg.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:27   Link #3263
Qikz

Terrans are the slowest if you go mech, but with Bio we're pretty fast, sometimes it's quite hard to pull off though, especially against templar tech. -.-
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:30   Link #3264
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Terrans are the slowest if you go mech, but with Bio we're pretty fast, sometimes it's quite hard to pull off though, especially against templar tech. -.-
It's just really annoying. I think the best approach to fight protoss is to end the game in 15 minutes or less. Later on, the loss just seems inevitable if they hurass properly.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 06:09   Link #3265
Qikz

I've always found with Toss that Terran work like zerg do in ZvT, if you don't play exactly correctly and get the right number of units at the right time, you've lost.

Like, if a toss gets collosus and you're bio and you don't have enough vikings or your vikings get sniped, it's game over. If they get high templar and you don't have any ghosts, it's really hard but it's basically game over. I'm not complaining though, it's fun!
Old 2010-08-15, 06:15   Link #3266
Xacual

I've managed to go from barely beating medium computers to being able to beat hard computers. How high is the jump up to very hard? I've basically hit a 10 straight win streak against hards so I think I should be fine to up the difficulty but there have been some really close games usually when I fight terran.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:16   Link #3267
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

If Toss get collosus T get Tank , with MMM + Raven , HT won't last so long , well i said it cuz i won Protoss with that but usually i harrass P with MM at the beginning .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:22   Link #3268
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I see you are still pretty angry at the fact that your allies just hauled the resources and never shared or built up...
dude, you have no idea. Almost every other team v team I been to always has at least one of these noob retards that intent to screw the team over. Either they think they can leech a win or just plain retarded, I don't know but one thing for sure is that they are a curse to the world. However, I don't mind if I fight against them in 1v1, cause it's just steamrolling fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I've always found with Toss that Terran work like zerg do in ZvT, if you don't play exactly correctly and get the right number of units at the right time, you've lost.

Like, if a toss gets collosus and you're bio and you don't have enough vikings or your vikings get sniped, it's game over. If they get high templar and you don't have any ghosts, it's really hard but it's basically game over. I'm not complaining though, it's fun!
cookie cutter build for terran against anything is 10+ tanks and 15+ vikings with some marines to human sheild the tanks.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 10:26   Link #3269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just have to wonder, if those guys luuurve treasuring, shouldn't they be the first ones to fall after getting cheesed over, especially in multiplayers? For the first few minutes everyone fends for himself, after all...
Old 2010-08-15, 10:33   Link #3270
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've managed to go from barely beating medium computers to being able to beat hard computers. How high is the jump up to very hard? I've basically hit a 10 straight win streak against hards so I think I should be fine to up the difficulty but there have been some really close games usually when I fight terran.
Well I gave the very hard a shot when going for some achievements and damn the difficulty jump is pretty serious. For some cooperative matches the only way to survive was to just rush them (cannon rush, reaper rush, etc) before they could do anything. Give very hard any time and you will just be swamped. But haven't gone 1v1 against them yet.

Some good matches though annoyed at how I mishandled a reaper rush. I scouted and knew it was coming and still wasn't able to stop it before I had SCV's getting owned and reaper reinforcements continuing to pour in. Really have to be careful.
Old 2010-08-15, 10:39   Link #3271
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
If Toss get collosus T get Tank , with MMM + Raven , HT won't last so long , well i said it cuz i won Protoss with that but usually i harrass P with MM at the beginning .
If Toss get Collosus, you get lots of vikings as Collosus with range outrange Tanks. High Templars is definately tanks though.

Just won 2 TvP's about half hour ago with MMM Vikings as they both went collosus. <3
Old 2010-08-15, 11:22   Link #3272
oompa loompa

Any way to erase your match history? I haven't joined a league yet, so I was wondering before hand.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:36   Link #3273
Lostdreams

It's been a long time since I've watched any HD or Husky vids, but I'm a sucker for korean replays.

The game between Tester and stc was insane. Stc's micro is crazy, attacks on 3 different fronts, and Tester, while not his best game, got owned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=222a87X9t5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1MPVlPShA

Terran nerf needed

Go on HD's channel and watch game 2. It's the luckiest luckiest win I think I've ever seen in starcraft II

Last edited by Lostdreams; 2010-08-15 at 11:54.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 13:30   Link #3274
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I usually don't play 1 vs 1 games because of the stress and the tension of having to fend for yourself (having allies gives me much more piece of mind) but I finally decided to give it a try and found out that I am probably the cheesiest player out there (4-gate rushes FTW!). So I ended up winning all my matches and this happened...

Oh boy am I going to get spanked in my upcoming games

Another thing I found out. I love Carriers

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 14:06   Link #3275
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
It's been a long time since I've watched any HD or Husky vids, but I'm a sucker for korean replays.

The game between Tester and stc was insane. Stc's micro is crazy, attacks on 3 different fronts, and Tester, while not his best game, got owned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=222a87X9t5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN1MPVlPShA

Terran nerf needed

Go on HD's channel and watch game 2. It's the luckiest luckiest win I think I've ever seen in starcraft II
Nerf Koreans, please. That was just really, really, really unfortunate SIM City placement there.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 14:31   Link #3276
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Oh boy am I going to get spanked in my upcoming games
Gratz, I bet that took aaall your lucky charms to pull xD

Quote:
I love Carriers
I used to play with carriers a lot, till people told me that they got the worst damage, considering the number of attacks and the nerf they get if the other units got armour...then I stopped using them as much, but I still think they're great!
Quote:
Nerf Koreans, please.
~that is all.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:52   Link #3277
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't feel much experience when protoss players come in with 10000 stalkers before I have anything worthwhile, and even if I do, I can't go on the offensive without my base being destroyed. Terran have the most immobile units ever. I'm starting to think that they don't fit my playstyle AT ALL. Think I may start learning how to use protoss or zerg.
Macro, macro, macro. =p At this level, and hell probably at all our levels around here, games are usually decided due to a cheese rush or whoever has the better macro. What race or strategy you pick does not matter; this constant is still there. So you want to usually refine the first few minutes of your game. You probably want at least 3 rax constantly pumping units to pressure and defend toss. Since most people suck at using force field, it's possible to just break their ramp with marines and marauders, or at least keep them away. Then you can expand. You should also get stim pretty fast as well. Later on you'll need ghosts, vikings, and tanks.

But for now I'd stay away from tech builds as the toss can just lol 4 gate you into oblivion and also don't expand too fast for the same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There seems to be a pretty big difference, actually.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 14:56   Link #3278
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I usually don't play 1 vs 1 games ~
The world of 2v2 Random.

Sometimes you get a capable team-mate who understands the basic logic of combined forces and mutual teamwork. You don't always win though, but that's okay, because you had fun playing with your team-mate. You just got beat by better players.

Then sometimes... you get a nubcake. A person that you want to teamkill. Why? Maybe it's because-
  1. "Come on! Let's rush! Rush! Rush! Rush!"

Sounds familiar? Your team-mate wants to "Jenkins" his way to victory. Unfortunately, his definition of "rushing" forgot to include the part where he's suppose to have a superior force composition to the enemies. Caress your face with your palms as he barrels into a blaze of ignominy as the opposing team giggles and stomps his rush to the ground, HARD.

The follow-up counterattack by the opposing team then proceeds to return your bases to the dust because now that his rush failed, your team-mate is epically failing and flailing his arms around trying to build a proper army that he never learnt to do... because he has had always depended on the rush.

Great way to practice 1v2 too though...

2. "I need to tech up first."

The stubborn turtle. Your enemies are expanding beyond their natural expansions and gaining map control uncontested. You try to regain ground, but without proper support from your ally, it is a hopeless situation.

You watch grimly as the resources in your main steadily dwindle to nothing. Soon... death will come for you all.
  3. "LOL! Guess that didn't went well."

The lone wolf. He has somehow forgotten that he's playing a 2v2 game and keeps attacking on his own without bothering to inform you or waiting for your forces to combine with his.

Will keep attempting to win 1v2 matchups against the opposing team like breaking a wall with his face.

Now that his army has been obliterated... it's your turn.

Players who only build marines are more forgiveable. They're probably new to the game (hopefully) and need some experience under their belt before they understand what works and what doesn't.

It's the logic-error ones that tend to make your hair go white.

I have managed to turn around some of my games by consistently guiding my team-mate on what to do and when to move out. A lot of the times, people are just nervous and scared to get out of their comfort zone. When they don't listen though... *sigh*

Cheers.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:03   Link #3279
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd say player #2 is the one you shouldn't be too hard on, unless they tech up first and THEN build an army...and #1 is probably the worst, at least #3 still does some kind of damage.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:05   Link #3280
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
#3 is the worst because they expect their allies to be psychic; coincidentally, I sometimes do that.

Remember, there is a ping!

#2 is the 2nd worst because they often just take too long to do anything and will die to a rush

#1 is actually the best because sometimes they will at least be useful in doing damage even if they die. You will win battles against weak opponents, but then they will need to L2p once enemies get stronger.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows