AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 05:11   Link #41
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Too bad that the plot shields make his thinking strange, i mean why would an evil guy make a promise to the good guy that he won't kill his friends and allies before they fight. A real evil guy would want to kill Naruto's friend just to make him suffer before killing him.

It's interesting that Sasuke calls the masked man Tobi instead of Madara. Does he know something (he should know him as Madara) or suspect something, or is it just a plot hole?
Contrary to what people think, Naruto's Talk no Jutsu actually does work on Sasuke, as we saw in the conversation after Sakura tried to kill the later. It's not super effective like it is on everyone else, but it still gets to him a little. It's Kishi's "lifeline" that allows him to bring Sasuke back eventually.

Sasuke met Tobi when he fought Deidara. Not sure if they had formal introductions but he knows the guy from that time.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 05:24   Link #42
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Orochimaru was never killed; but merely sealed in Itachi's weapon. It isn't far-stretch for him to eventually be freed from it.

and lol at Sasuke? Is that heat-seeking Amaterasus his Susano'o is firing.
Ofcourse, heat-seeking fire!
Old 2012-02-16, 09:55   Link #43
itachi-san314

Pretty weak chapter, but still some interesting developments. my guess about oro's scroll is that it's a trap. eventhough s + j think it will help sasuke, i bet it winds up releasing oro from susano'os sealing sword. it could also be about gaining rinnegan, but I feel like it will be something new and I'm still positive we haven't seen the last of a complete oro in the manga. I think tobi is getting a bit played out as the main villain anyway and that this should be his last fight.

I'm really not a fan of s + j though. they are very uninteresting characters. i hope sasuke just kills them when they meet. they are characters sasuke can kill without making much of an uproar in the fanbases. also it would help bolster his 'evilness'

it is cool to see sasuke really doesnt have a side in this. i'm surprised he killed the 'original' zetsu... whatever that means.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 10:28   Link #44
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well... they stopped being "ninja" years ago, so it's ok to stop thinking of them as "humans"
good point! i totally forgot that they're gods now.

Quote:
This "emo boy" talk is wrong, emo boys don't do anything about their life, just whine and make sad faces or something Sasuke is doing something, even if it is some evil stuff.
well maybe he's from a totally different era. maybe he's a punk who believes in sticking it up to the man. lol or maybe he's a grungehead looking to unload all his pent up angst and suicidal tendencies. all this emo crap is nothing compared to that.

Quote:
Too bad that the plot shields make his thinking strange, i mean why would an evil guy make a promise to the good guy that he won't kill his friends and allies before they fight. A real evil guy would want to kill Naruto's friend just to make him suffer before killing him.
sasuke is not evil, he never was, never will be and naruto would find some way to redeem him because that's what kishi intends. in the end naruto will save everyone, even the ones that could not be saved or refuse to be saved. kishi is building him up as the messiah after all. sasuke is just a big jerk, a big misguided jerk obsessed with his own twisted desires for revenge. he would make an awful villain anyway, totally uninteresting.
Old 2012-02-16, 14:53   Link #45
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Sasuke chapters with Sasuke aren't the problem. It's Sasuke chapters with Juugo, Suigestu, and Karin. Those other three make it feel like filler. Kishi wasted way too many pages on their nonsense. And sadly, those two clowns are going to be allowed to be lap dogs to Sasuke again because of that Orochimaru scroll. And Karin will also find them.

I am curious to what is in the scroll. I feel it is something we haven't seen before. And will allow Sasuke to be a factor in the war. At worst this allows Kishi to pad the manga some more.

Could anything come of Sasuke vs. Itachi? Just more talking. Sasuke is not going to change and probably will support Itachi defeating Kabuto. And Sasuke vs. the K12 is now pointless because he won't kill anyone until Naruto.
i hear you about the meeting between itachi and sasuke. i think kish wants or has to put to bed the war between the itachi is all powerful fan base, and the is sasuke stronger fan base. but a meeting between them is about more than a fight. we all know that the night of the unchiha fall, has not been fully told. and now we can finally get the full story on what really happen that night.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:47   Link #46
Utsune

I reckon Karin has taken an interest in Naruto (when she notices his warm chakra), but looking at how this chapter goes there will be a reunion of the Taka-members. Doesn't take away the probability that she will take Naruto's side though.

The ORO data could be either (I'm gonna be stating the obvious here) things that we know already - eg. Sharin-Rinne relation - or something not yet known - new jutsu, Tobi's ID, ways to control the bijuu etc. I can't help but to think the fact that Suigetsu suggests they should take it to Sauce-K means that it has something do with him, and if that were the case then the information could be Sharingan/Uchiha clan-related. Then again, it could as well be a trap by ORO to revive himself as a of people are saying.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this already, but Sauce-K did mention something like White Zetsu being hacked by Tobi. Honestly we don't know much about Zetsu yet, so there's probably something important hidden behind him other than the fact that they have Shodai's cell. Zetsu has always been the loyal one, but it's uncertain if his loyal comes from being controlled by Tobi.

Not too sure how the Taka reunion will play out, but around the time when they were trying to capture 8-Tails, Emo-boy did recognise his teammates' effort to save him. Although he did ignore them after the Kage-summit, there is always a chance of realising his feelings for his teammates once again. After all, Naruto's Talk no Jutsu is somewhat working on him to an extent. Being the stubborn trash he is, I won't be surprised if it were to take him til death to have a change of heart.

The LOOK-FORWARD-TO-NEXT-CHAPTER! text at the end hints at a chanced meeting between the Uchiha brothers, and of course that is to be expected because Kishimoto-sensei will probably want to explore what would happen if Sissy-K were to meet his brother in his current mindset. A confrontation with Kabuto is likely, but the participants in the confrontation is open to speculations.

In any case, I enjoy this chapter, although it plays out a bit like filler material as some say, it does hint a lot at what is about to happen, and they will probably change the flow of the events.
Utsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 20:47   Link #47
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Didn't Kishi bring back Orochimaru for two panels only to kill him?
Old 2012-02-17, 01:57   Link #48
strategos

Here's what could happen if Itachi confronts Sasuke:
Sasuke will start wondering why did he return.
Itachi tries to save Sasuke. He fails
They fight. This Itachi won't hold back. We will see new techniques.
In the end, Sasuke seals Itachi with his giant(forgot name).
At the very last moment, Itachi uses he sharigan to show Sasuke what really did happened.
During that moment, is possible that Sasuke will get the Crow with the Sharingan eye.
Sasuke will be confused.
He doesn't know what to do.
Then Teeam Hebi,Hawk, will find him and take him away.
The guy that turns into water, forgot name, wil show Sasuke the scroll.
Sasuke will tell him is too late, he knows the truth.
Then Sasuke will change his name to Team Crow.
Then Kiri, I think, will change form or color.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 12:13   Link #49
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So I guess we now know Sasuke isn't going to fight in the war against the Alliance. He can't interact with non-Konoha ninja because he would than have to kill them. And I doubt he will see Naruto's backup unless Kishi can somehow have him only face the K12 so no one gets hurt.

Again, Sasuke's restrictions make him a much less interesting and somewhat boring character. Kishi is more concerned about his eventual redemption than his current status as villain. That has really limited Sasuke as a character for the past 200 chapters. He can only talk about all the hate and cruelty he will bring to those that wronged him. He can't actually act on it unless it is on another bad guy like Danzou or Orochimaru. Eventually you start to just tune it out. Like the threats of a 16 year old brat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i hear you about the meeting between itachi and sasuke. i think kish wants or has to put to bed the war between the itachi is all powerful fan base, and the is sasuke stronger fan base. but a meeting between them is about more than a fight. we all know that the night of the unchiha fall, has not been fully told. and now we can finally get the full story on what really happen that night.
The problem is Itachi admitted defeat with Sasuke and left him to Naruto to save. Naruto is Sasuke's redeemer. There is nothing Itachi can do with Sasuke. There is no reason for him to talk to Sasuke again in the narrative. Even about the Uchiha massacre. It would be even more pointless than Asuma seeing his students again and just rehashing his last words. A fight should not take place. Neither want to fight each other and have more important business. It would be an exercise in futility.

Outside of blatant Uchiha fanservice, and Kishi being out of ideas to pad the manga, they should not meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think tobi is getting a bit played out as the main villain anyway and that this should be his last fight.
Tobi is still the only villain that has an overreaching plan. He has to almost succeed as main villain and become the jin of the Jyuubi. Then Sasuke, Naruto, and the next generation fight him. Although the last fight should still be Sasuke vs. Naruto for which path will rule the ninja world. Light or Dark? How dramatic.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-02-17 at 12:26.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:36   Link #50
itachi-san314

Quote:
Tobi is still the only villain that has an overreaching plan. He has to almost succeed as main villain and become the jin of the Jyuubi. Then Sasuke, Naruto, and the next generation fight him. Although the last fight should still be Sasuke vs. Naruto for which path will rule the ninja world. Light or Dark? How dramatic.
Pain had a plan that didn't come close to fruition before he was killed. And we have yet to see what kabuto's full plan is. I see what you're saying, but there is also kabuto, sasuke and possibly orochimaru to take up the helm. also madara depending on what happens with him, but I think he is the least likely
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 07:13   Link #51
darkmanure

Kishi needs to stop pampering Sasuke with the redemption act. It would be much more dramatic if Sasuke was actually evil instead of a kid that's all talk in terms of villainy. It would make it much more interesting how Naruto would redeem a murder like Sasuke if he did kill the rookies.
darkmanure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 14:50   Link #52
Artful Dodger

The problem is that Sasuke's persona doesn't seem to completely correspond with his actions. I liked his character much more after he recently left Orochimaru's retinue. Back then, he still retained a very basic sense of morality, even if he was a rogue ninja, which made the story interesting, and gave it more possibilities as compared to now, where he is supposed to be some cookie-cutter crazed maniac who wants to slaughter everyone.

If he carried that same sense of morality now, it would make more sense and seem more natural to me than plot contrivances keeping him from killing people like Naurto's friends. (e.g. making a promise to Naruto not to kill anyone but him first; I mean come on)

Another problem with his character is him not having enough dialogue. Would it be so hard for him to have meaningful conversations? (e.g. his chat with Gaara)
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 02:34   Link #53
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

This chapter felt so out of place. Really Sasuke-centric chapters themselves feel like a totally different manga. Like Kishimoto had two ideas for mangas, but not enough material to make "Sasuke" a seperate work, so he combined the two ideas he had brewing in his head.

Anyway, back to the chapter. Suddenly, Oh! Orochimaru had a scroll that could change the course of the war! And they just happened to come across this room because Juugo for NO reason went crazy and punched through the wall to a secret room. They don't even have any details about the war itself, just that there's *A* war going on. The two of them have no reason to be interested in the war in the first place. And then Sasuke thinking about when Itachi said to come fight him when he gained the Mangekyo sharingan after Itachi's been LONG DEAD and they just happened to be about to run into each other by coincidence. The Zetsus don't know zombie Itachi's on the loose, so he couldn't have found out about him anyway. Just way too much contrived stuff in this chapter and it interrupted the cool battle that was going on with Naruto. I really hope Karin isn't falling helplessly for Sasuke again. If she does, she will be the most hated female Naruto character of all time. My guess is that Taka/Hebi will come in to save Sasuke from Kabuto after this Itachi/Sasuke confrontation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Another problem with his character is him not having enough dialogue. Would it be so hard for him to have meaningful conversations? (e.g. his chat with Gaara)
I agree with this. We've been left to guess what Sasuke's intentions are, which change often, for a long time now. He would be a lot easier to follow if we had some dialogue. What little lines he has don't explain why he's doing what he's doing well.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 06:21   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
The problem is that Sasuke's persona doesn't seem to completely correspond with his actions. I liked his character much more after he recently left Orochimaru's retinue. Back then, he still retained a very basic sense of morality, even if he was a rogue ninja, which made the story interesting, and gave it more possibilities as compared to now, where he is supposed to be some cookie-cutter crazed maniac who wants to slaughter everyone.

If he carried that same sense of morality now, it would make more sense and seem more natural to me than plot contrivances keeping him from killing people like Naurto's friends. (e.g. making a promise to Naruto not to kill anyone but him first; I mean come on)
i never understood the character and i probably never will. so his family was massacred by his own brother, he hated him for years and vowed revenge. but when he finally discovered the truth he shifted his hate towards konoha and vowed to avenge the brother he swore to kill and eventually did so. so what happens when he finds out that the konoha elders weren't responsible for the massacre for example and that someone else is to blame, would he shift his hate towards that person again even after destroying the village? the problem with his character is he's so easily manipulated despite his supposed intelligence. for a seemingly intelligent character he's remarkably dumb. he is the type of person who only looks to blame someone else every time something goes ill for him, even when the fault was his to begin with. he blames everyone except himself.

for years he blamed itachi for his clan's demise, but not once did he try to understand what really happened. for an intelligent young man, he should have at least tried to do so. the flashbacks of his confrontation with itachi that night showed that he saw his brother cry as he walked away from the carnage. deep down he knew his brother was not the mad killer he made everyone believe. itachi was probably the only one in his family who gave a damn about him and yet he took everything at face value. when he was younger i would have understood this, but by the time he sealed oro he was no longer thinking like a child, he was a young man who should have thought about things more clearly. but i guess sasuke's character is simply that of an angsty kid who hates the world. people like that could see no reason, redemption or forgiveness. they are only obsessed about one thing, their anger.

his villainy is forced if not a complete illusion. he exists to be saved by naruto and that's his true and only purpose in this series. the typical messiah filled with love saving the one who is consumed with hatred. we all know that there will be a clash between them and then somehow naruto would talk his way into sasuke's thick skull and switch off that angst button. i think the only thing remotely interesting about their impending clash is the fight itself. that's all.
Old 2012-02-19, 09:40   Link #55
james0246

Sasuke's "revenge" on the village is due entirely to his belief that it was the inherent "evil" of the village (i.e., the way in which the village's/world's governmental system is set-up, controlled and continued) which resulted not only in the Uchiha clan believing that they had to rebel to survive (due to the not-so-apparent prejudices that supposedly separated and controlled the Uchiha clan), but also in Itachi believing that he had to sacrifice his own family (as well as his own "soul") for the preservation of said village/system.

And, realistically, Sasuke is correct (maybe not to the extent of "Kill All That Have Prospered Due To My Families Demise"). The current system sucks, and it needs massive reform so that similar tragedies (and the Narutoverse is rife with similar tragedies) are adverted. I do agree that you can debate whether or not killing everyone is a fix or not (it's not), but Sasuke's beliefs are legitimate (whether his subsequent actions is or not).

That being said, we have an entire thread dealing with this issue, so let's try and keep the discussion over there...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 13:52   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
So I guess we now know Sasuke isn't going to fight in the war against the Alliance. He can't interact with non-Konoha ninja because he would than have to kill them. And I doubt he will see Naruto's backup unless Kishi can somehow have him only face the K12 so no one gets hurt.
He can kill them if in the future it turns out that it was either an illusion (infinite tsukiyomi or something like that) or the power of a rinnegan returns them to life.
My favourite scenario would be that he kills them shortly before he has his fight against Naruto, in their fight he awakens the rinnegan, and after the fight ended he uses it to revive them, Naruto gives his chakra to do so without dying. Sure it would be somewhat repetitive, since Nagato did the same, but it would give the possibility for Sasuke to kill as many alliance ninja as he should. Kishimoto often makes such impossible situation and then shows us a solution, the solution is sometimes lame but many times it's cool. For example an impossible situation was when Naruto was told that he cannot make clones while in kyuubi mode, then he made a lot of clones, everybody complained, then Kishimoto tells us that the kyuubi began to willingly give him chakra, and he used that all the time.

Quote:
The problem is Itachi admitted defeat with Sasuke and left him to Naruto to save. Naruto is Sasuke's redeemer. There is nothing Itachi can do with Sasuke. There is no reason for him to talk to Sasuke again in the narrative. Even about the Uchiha massacre. It would be even more pointless than Asuma seeing his students again and just rehashing his last words. A fight should not take place. Neither want to fight each other and have more important business. It would be an exercise in futility.
This is all right, but Itachi might have a brief contact with Sasuke where he might plant the seeds of doubt in Sasuke. These seeds of Sasuke doubting his own dogma of destroying Konoha may then be buried deep below Sasuke's hatred, but then Naruto might break that hatred so that this doubt surfaces and these seeds planted by Itachi become the small chance for Naruto to turn Sasuke on his side. What this seed can be i'm not sure, it can be Itachi showing to Sasuke what really happened and also it can be the revelation about who is Tobi and what he wants. We still don't know the truth about the Uchiha clan and Sasuke's parents, and there are only a very few who know the secret, among them Itachi, who will soon return to the world of the dead, it would probably be the best if he has the flashback about this instead of Tobi. In the current anime double episode we see how Itachi is alone with Sasuke on the night Tobi attacked Konoha, their parents were absent, Itachi tells us it's unusual, and we also see how their mother made contact with Kushina shortly before she went to the secret cave. Kishimoto made all these hints that even Sasuke's mother might have been used to spy on Kushina.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 16:21   Link #57
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i never understood the character and i probably never will.
From my understanding, he is a ninja seeking justice, and going about it the wrong way :/
Nagato's story has shown us that ninjas in the current system have been on this back and forth vengeance cycle for over a hundred years. Sasuke is nothing new, unique, or special in that regard. If you can understand Nagato, or any of the other ninjas waging war or vendettas, Sasuke's character really shouldn't pose a problem.

Quote:
the problem with his character is he's so easily manipulated despite his supposed intelligence. for a seemingly intelligent character he's remarkably dumb.
Except the circumstances aren't that simple. All his life, people around him have been lying to him, about events which he has no way of knowing, except from the very sources giving him that false information. His circumstances are actually similar to mind control/conditioning methods where a young child is exposed to some kind of traumatic event and is conditioned to think/act the way the handler desires them to.

Quote:
he is the type of person who only looks to blame someone else every time something goes ill for him, even when the fault was his to begin with. he blames everyone except himself.
What was he responsible for that he placed blame on others?

Quote:
for years he blamed itachi for his clan's demise, but not once did he try to understand what really happened. for an intelligent young man, he should have at least tried to do so.
Its pretty difficult to understand what really happened if everyone is lying :/
When he confronted Itachi, he actually questioned him about various details, and was still lied to with some truth mixed in, making things even more confusing. Even if he questioned the elders and Danzou during that time, they would have still lied to him as well.

Quote:
the flashbacks of his confrontation with itachi that night showed that he saw his brother cry as he walked away from the carnage. deep down he knew his brother was not the mad killer he made everyone believe. itachi was probably the only one in his family who gave a damn about him and yet he took everything at face value.
I don't know how you presume to know what he felt deep down, however he didn't take everything at face value. (e.g. he even questioned Danzou, asking him if he was indeed involved with the killings before attacking him)

Quote:
when he was younger i would have understood this, but by the time he sealed oro he was no longer thinking like a child, he was a young man who should have thought about things more clearly. but i guess sasuke's character is simply that of an angsty kid who hates the world. people like that could see no reason, redemption or forgiveness. they are only obsessed about one thing, their anger.
The ninja system is probably mostly to blame, considering all the secrets, lies, and collusions going on, we should expect some of these kids to come out like this. Nagato had similar circumstances, worse in-fact, but the many years of horrible experiences and social conditioning were somehow put aside after listening to a speech. Now thats something I find strange, not Sasuke's character, imho.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2012-02-19 at 16:49.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 20:08   Link #58
GusGus

Sasuke is a plane character, there's no much to say about him, he just's a crazy villian, he can kill his comrades, excomrades and enemies like they are all the same.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 10:34   Link #59
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
From my understanding, he is a ninja seeking justice, and going about it the wrong way :/

Nagato's story has shown us that ninjas in the current system have been on this back and forth vengeance cycle for over a hundred years. Sasuke is nothing new, unique, or special in that regard. If you can understand Nagato, or any of the other ninjas waging war or vendettas, Sasuke's character really shouldn't pose a problem.

Except the circumstances aren't that simple. All his life, people around him have been lying to him, about events which he has no way of knowing, except from the very sources giving him that false information. His circumstances are actually similar to mind control/conditioning methods where a young child is exposed to some kind of traumatic event and is conditioned to think/act the way the handler desires them to.

What was he responsible for that he placed blame on others?

Its pretty difficult to understand what really happened if everyone is lying :/
When he confronted Itachi, he actually questioned him about various details, and was still lied to with some truth mixed in, making things even more confusing. Even if he questioned the elders and Danzou during that time, they would have still lied to him as well.

I don't know how you presume to know what he felt deep down, however he didn't take everything at face value. (e.g. he even questioned Danzou, asking him if he was indeed involved with the killings before attacking him)

The ninja system is probably mostly to blame, considering all the secrets, lies, and collusions going on, we should expect some of these kids to come out like this. Nagato had similar circumstances, worse in-fact, but the many years of horrible experiences and social conditioning were somehow put aside after listening to a speech. Now thats something I find strange, not Sasuke's character, imho.
i don't understand nagato's character either, and worse when kishi made him change his mind after having encountered talk no jutsu. but personality-wise, sasuke is by far the more resourceful and bolder one. he's the leader-type not a follower like nagato was. it was really yahiko who was more of a leader. nagato was more prone to manipulation. not to mention he has experienced far worse violence and injustice than sasuke could even imagine. even gaara had it worse than him but he still turned out to be the more level-headed one. i found that strange too.

the only person who lied to sasuke was itachi when he claimed that he killed the uchiha because of some power trip. the truth was kept from him. talking about the uchiha's demise was taboo. not once did we see him asking questions. i doubt even the sandaime talked openly about it or would have lied to sasuke if he had bothered to ask. but that part i understand. he was a kid. but after having sealed oro and forming a team of his own, he was no longer the same helpless kid from konoha. he had power and resources he could have used to gain some info about itachi. if i were him i would have suspected that itachi worked with another. as powerful as itachi was, he could not take on all of the uchiha at once and sasuke should have realized this. he would have found tobi/madara much earlier if he had.

the guy killed his own brother! the brother who did nothing but to protect him. he hated him for the wrong reasons for a very long time. if i had been in his place i would have blamed myself as well. i would have hated myself for not knowing the truth, for not trying to find out what really transpired that night at least. what he saw was a slew of dead bodies, he didn't exactly see itachi killing them did he? and he himself admitted that he saw itachi crying and deep down he doubted whether his brother really was the monster he claimed to be. but he ignored it, thinking he imagined it. i would have blamed myself for that. but there was no regret in sasuke even after he found out the truth. there was only hate for those he thought were responsible. even his tears were full of hate not remorse or sadness.

the character is driven by hate, which is not that uncommon among the so-called anti-heroes in naruto. nagato and gaara would make better villains/anti-heroes if all that motivates him is revenge and hatred. he solely exists to be saved by naruto, just like nagato and gaara was. having all that melodramatic back story is kind of useless in my opinion. so what makes him so special save the fact that kishi handpicked him to become one of naruto's endgame opponents? oh well, i'm probably biased against the guy. i never liked him, i could never relate to him and i think his character is pretty useless at this point. but that's just me.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-02-20 at 10:53.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 13:05   Link #60
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
This is all right, but Itachi might have a brief contact with Sasuke where he might plant the seeds of doubt in Sasuke. These seeds of Sasuke doubting his own dogma of destroying Konoha may then be buried deep below Sasuke's hatred, but then Naruto might break that hatred so that this doubt surfaces and these seeds planted by Itachi become the small chance for Naruto to turn Sasuke on his side. What this seed can be i'm not sure, it can be Itachi showing to Sasuke what really happened and also it can be the revelation about who is Tobi and what he wants. We still don't know the truth about the Uchiha clan and Sasuke's parents, and there are only a very few who know the secret, among them Itachi, who will soon return to the world of the dead, it would probably be the best if he has the flashback about this instead of Tobi. In the current anime double episode we see how Itachi is alone with Sasuke on the night Tobi attacked Konoha, their parents were absent, Itachi tells us it's unusual, and we also see how their mother made contact with Kushina shortly before she went to the secret cave. Kishimoto made all these hints that even Sasuke's mother might have been used to spy on Kushina.
Kishimoto did say in his recent Jump interview(most of which gave nothing away) that there was still a lot of story behind Sasuke and he would show him more this year. That would lead me to believe that we will be getting more Uchiha flashbacks. So yeah, a conversation with Itachi does makes sense.

The only problem with it is that Sasuke's little morality slider will be moved closer to redemption after any Itachi revelation. Which once again makes him less of a villain and Naruto's work much easier. Unless Sasuke chooses to ignore Itachi for the 1,000th time and cry about hatred. Which would be bad writing. And even though Itachi previously said he failed with Sasuke, and left him to Naruto, he actually would have succeeded by planting the seeds to Saskue's redemption.

Quote:
He can kill them if in the future it turns out that it was either an illusion (infinite tsukiyomi or something like that) or the power of a rinnegan returns them to life.
My favourite scenario would be that he kills them shortly before he has his fight against Naruto, in their fight he awakens the rinnegan, and after the fight ended he uses it to revive them, Naruto gives his chakra to do so without dying. Sure it would be somewhat repetitive, since Nagato did the same, but it would give the possibility for Sasuke to kill as many alliance ninja as he should. Kishimoto often makes such impossible situation and then shows us a solution, the solution is sometimes lame but many times it's cool.
Kishimoto has worked hard to keep Sasuke from doing anything that could jeopardize his redemption. That is why he has become a very boring character. Even pulling a Nagato would be too much. The Zetsu clones and zombies were a plot device so the Konoha kids(including Sasuke) didn't have to kill anyone living. Oh the horrors of war.

A Sasuke vs K12 fight actually has a greater possibility now because neither can kill each other. Sasuke cannot meet ninja from other villages. Sasuke and Naruto cannot fight anytime soon. So something needs to keep Sasuke away from Naruto. But I have zero faith Kishi will do anything interesting with the K12 again. Other than more panels with them telling us Naruto is their lord and savior.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion