AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 23:45   Link #281
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Kururugi Suzaku from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: It is hard to convey my level of annoyance with this character, but if I had to start somewhere, it would be his ideals, which are misplaced and ill fitting considering his position and background. And this says nothing of his logical reasoning during the course of the series, which is twisted beyond belief and forms no coherent line of argument. In fact, it is a testament to his stupidity and his general ridiculousness that the main character of the series ends up coming off as so wronged even though Lelouch is no paradigm of morality himself.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:09   Link #282
Koroviev
The GAR of Russia

Send a message via MSN to Koroviev
Suzaku (Code Geass)
Firo (Baccano!)
The entire main cast of Naruto (Naruto)

Really, my list can go on, but I'm too damn lazy to write it all up.
Koroviev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 01:18   Link #283
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
Kururugi Suzaku from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: It is hard to convey my level of annoyance with this character, but if I had to start somewhere, it would be his ideals, which are misplaced and ill fitting considering his position and background. And this says nothing of his logical reasoning during the course of the series, which is twisted beyond belief and forms no coherent line of argument. In fact, it is a testament to his stupidity and his general ridiculousness that the main character of the series ends up coming off as so wronged even though Lelouch is no paradigm of morality himself.
I feel the same.

Other one for me would be Light from Death Note, I just didn't like him.
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 01:49   Link #284
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechtsphere View Post
I feel the same.

Other one for me would be Light from Death Note, I just didn't like him.
It's funny that you mentioned him, because I happen to hate him as well. The only reason I didn't list him is that I grew lazy and didn't want to have to justify myself again.

When it comes down to it though, I basically dislike all these self-righteous anime characters in the mold of Light and Suzaku; they really get under my skin.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 02:53   Link #285
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Seconded. I don't like Light or Suzaku either. I hate people that think they're doing good when they're not.
Old 2008-02-04, 03:10   Link #286
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I like Light for his badassery, not his goals.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 03:28   Link #287
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

All of these characters searching for idealised worlds are just annoying. We all know that they exist in world outside of our rooms (ha, I made a funny), but we're probably more annoyed by it in anime because they're given a chance to do something about it.
You know who else got on my nerves, though, Rossiu during his arc in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it was like watching Hitler or Stalin animated without funny moustaches. Thank god for Bruce Ironstaunch.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 03:31   Link #288
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Light is one of the biggest bastards and at the same time one of the best characters ever invented. He is just one evil genius. Even though I hated some of the things he did, I couldn't help rooting for him - he was just that compelling.

He and Suzaku have very little in common. Light's words, beliefs and actions are all pointing towards the same goal, whereas in Suzaku's case they are in total opposition. Light is much more similar to Lelouch.
Old 2008-02-04, 10:23   Link #289
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Light is much more similar to Lelouch.
I detest this Light to Lelouch comparisons greatly. Light kills the innocent in cold blood, he has no compassion, and he wants to become God himself. I don't see Lelouch prancing around and giving speeches that he is the most morally justified person in existence and I don't see a desire in him to become like God. The fact that Lelouch feels bad when he kills certain people in itself makes him vastly different than our so lovable Kira.

I don't hate either character, I adorn both, but they are not similar other than perhaps the fact that they are both very intelligent and brilliant planners.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 12:09   Link #290
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I detest this Light to Lelouch comparisons greatly. Light kills the innocent in cold blood, he has no compassion, and he wants to become God himself. I don't see Lelouch prancing around and giving speeches that he is the most morally justified person in existence and I don't see a desire in him to become like God. The fact that Lelouch feels bad when he kills certain people in itself makes him vastly different than our so lovable Kira.

I don't hate either character, I adorn both, but they are not similar other than perhaps the fact that they are both very intelligent and brilliant planners.
That's what I meant, when I said they are similar - that they are alike in their abilities - their charisma, intelligence and also in their ruthlessness when it comes to achieving their goals. I did not compare them based on their moral beliefs. I don't even want to get into the morality issue, since there are huge topics about this in the sub-forums for both shows. Things are not just black or white.
Old 2008-02-04, 12:09   Link #291
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Everone in Suzuka made me want to flip some tables. The ending just didn't justify the rest of the series.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 13:50   Link #292
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
All of these characters searching for idealised worlds are just annoying. We all know that they exist in world outside of our rooms (ha, I made a funny), but we're probably more annoyed by it in anime because they're given a chance to do something about it.
You know who else got on my nerves, though, Rossiu during his arc in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it was like watching Hitler or Stalin animated without funny moustaches. Thank god for Bruce Ironstaunch.
haha so many times during that I wanted someone to beat the hell out of Rossiu! lol
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 20:06   Link #293
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I wasn't annoyed with Rossiu when he was just a boy.
But he developed into something worse than his old man, I really disliked him after episode 17. I wonder why Simon let a guy like Rossiue take over the government without making some resistance.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-04 at 20:31.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:11   Link #294
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I wasn't annoyed with Rossiu when he was just a boy.
But he developed into something worse than his old man, I really disliked him after episode 17. I wonder why Simon let a guy like Rossiue take over the government without making some resistance.
I think because Simon was too trusting in their "friendship". I guess he just never imagined that Rossiu would purposefully backstab him like that. I really didn't like Rossiu during the post-timeskip arc either. Not only was he an asshole dictator, but when he was really needed to defeat the enemy, he gave up too quickly and someone had to bail them out. EVERY TIME. Just for the record, I really hated Kinon during the arc too. Bitch. Almost as bad if not worse for hitting Kittan, her own brother!!
Old 2008-02-04, 21:55   Link #295
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yoshida from Shana. Every time the series is going awsomely, she just has to come and tear me up. She is the most annoying bi$#) ever. She kills the mood every time she speaks and literally provides no benefit to the series in my opinion. If I didn't watch the episodes laying down on my bed, my monitor would be broken from punching it.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:08   Link #296
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I think because Simon was too trusting in their "friendship". I guess he just never imagined that Rossiu would purposefully backstab him like that. I really didn't like Rossiu during the post-timeskip arc either. Not only was he an asshole dictator, but when he was really needed to defeat the enemy, he gave up too quickly and someone had to bail them out. EVERY TIME. Just for the record, I really hated Kinon during the arc too. Bitch. Almost as bad if not worse for hitting Kittan, her own brother!!
God, I was so mad during that episode that I could literally break my desk. The whole episode was one frustrating event after another - the mob taking down Kamina's statue , the obviously unfair trial, the whole speech of Rossiu with the crowd cheering him on, the SLAP at the end. Seriously, I wished that Rossiu, Kinon and the whole mob that was supporting them could go to hell. They did not deserve the freedom that Kamina bought for them with his life.
Old 2008-02-04, 22:29   Link #297
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
God, I was so mad during that episode that I could literally break my desk. The whole episode was one frustrating event after another - the mob taking down Kamina's statue , the obviously unfair trial, the whole speech of Rossiu with the crowd cheering him on, the SLAP at the end. Seriously, I wished that Rossiu, Kinon and the whole mob that was supporting them could go to hell. They did not deserve the freedom that Kamina bought for them with his life.
And that is when bruce ironstauch comes in XD

Shinji from fate, stupid wussie. It's not enough that he rapes sakura, he stole rider and rape her too. Just for that, you pathetic excuse of a human being should go straight to hell. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only one that is irritated by his twisted and sick personality.

Shin from GSD Yes, we get it. Your family and your preciouce sister is killed. now grow some balls instead of bitching at random people. Emo sis-con
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 22:30   Link #298
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
They should be the ones sent to space, never to return.

@Spectacular Insanity

That's a good point. Simon being distracted by what's happening with Nia might also be a contributing factor on why Rossiu was able to grab power so easily. And thanks for reminding, Kinon is also added to my annoying character list along with Rossiu. >.>

Updated annoying character list:

1. Makoto Itou from School Days
2. Naruto from Naruto
3. Nagi Sanzenin from Hayate no Gotoku!
4. Rossiu from Gurren Lagann
5. Kinon from Gurren Lagann

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-04 at 22:57.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:12   Link #299
Kyomi
What do I know?

While I've been thinking about it. After all the discussion about it in previous thread I would like to talk about Ito Makoto. I believe he's pretty annoying since I can't seem to figure out if I should like him of hate him for his performance. After all he's one of a kind. I don't want to see another character like him make an appearance anytime soon but somewhat I'm kinna glad we saw something as extreme as he is.

For being a good & bad character I nominate him very frustrating. =/
Old 2008-02-05, 01:18   Link #300
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I have to agree with above; Rossiu and Kinon really made me want to kill them during the third arc.

Usually I care more about the characters that annoyed me in a good or great show than in some piece of crap though. For example, Suzuka's characters: despite their utter lack of intelligence and in particular Suzuka's unbelievable bitchiness (I'm a feminist in viewpoint, but damn bitch needs to die), I couldn't care less about the characters in there. On the other hand, in a great show like TTGL (my opinion of the show has greatly improved since rewatching, even though it was already positive the first time around), Rossiu and Kinon really pissed me off.

Same goes for the legendary Kururugi Suzaku from Code Geass. That the show was so amazing made the young traditional mecha hero (face it, he is) all the more frustrating to watch.

Not that great, but a good show like Shana can also provoke immense frustration from me because a certain big-busted character (no, not the Flame Haze) is so utterly frustrating and seems so intent upon ruining every good dramatic moment with her tired sentiments that my hatred grew from justified to irrational, and now where she was not frustrating to watch before becomes so in a rewatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroviev View Post
Firo (Baccano!)
Hai!?

Firo Prochainezo, the "main character-ish" dashingly handsome young immortal, that one!?

Why?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote