AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-11-28, 06:08   Link #81
Animelover#1
Kouta...

You may like the sacred blacksmith. Likable characters, romance doesn't develop so much but that is mainly due to protagonists past, interesting storyline. You may like it. only 12 eps.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 09:49   Link #82
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Since i currently have no priorities, i'm delaying further anime watching for eroge.

Started playing G-something, and i'm liking it. My first game of this genre ever.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 12:47   Link #83
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I just finished playing Canvas 2, the VN and loved it, and just now i happen to know there was an anime after it. I wonder why it didn't get suggested so far.

Going to watch it now. Actually, knowing already the story behind makes me less likely to watch it, since it's 24 episodes long, but i'll still go for it. Fuck it.

If there are animes like Canvas, let me know, since i really loved the VN.

EDIT
Finished watching Canvas 2, and i really enjoyed it. I would put it on par with Toradora, as far as my classific goes. The story actually went a bit far from the VN developing, and that's what made me watch it to full. Get me something like this, definitly

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-10 at 22:35.
Old 2011-12-16, 18:01   Link #84
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Since i had finished the hi-priority animes, i went for the titles left and i noticed that i had dropped Ah my goddess for no actual good reason; i happen to remember that i stated somewhere it looked too old for me, but taking a second look, the graphic is like the one of onegai teacher, so i started watching it and it gives me the same feeling "alien who comes from far, is gentle blabla, to random boy"; plus, it seems like the female voice is the same of the teacher.

Anyways, this is it, i think i'm liking it. Thanks for suggesting me this title, and sorry if i skipped it so fast, shouldn't have. Going for the 5th ep. Thank you again, UT.
Old 2011-12-16, 22:40   Link #85
Undertaker

no problem. There is also a movie available which offer better visual (due to budget), although the story is no really related to the manga or TV series. Also there a 5 episode OVA that was release some 15 years ago as a stand along series. In any case Kikuko Inoue is the voice of Belldandy.

And you are right she is also the VA for the teacher in Onegai Teacher. She is one of the more legendary VA from late 80s to early 00s. Not as active right now due to age but she was dubbed as Goddess Voice because she does these type of roles extremely well. However, her voice style is very broad with more then a few cold, egotistic roles, though most of those are in games.

Since you pretty much done with 2000s anime it might be time to give a few 90s anime a shot. If you want, I would suggest you to try El Hazard. Graphically it is great for it's time and it'll still hold up right now IMO. The story also has a Zero no Tsukaima feel to it. Just keep in mind that there are two continuity for the franchise. The 3 OVA series forms it's own timeline while TV series showed another. General consensus is that OVAs (original) is the better of the two but TV is the "cuter" romance.

And considering this season is coming to an end in a week or two I also suggest Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Ben-to, Maken-ki, and C3 as potential series that could suit your taste.

EDIT: Apparently you have already started Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Ben-to is just as good, those a little bit more perverted and action heavy. Maken-ki on the other hand is pretty ecchi but doesn't have as good the story similar to Sekirei. Also just to make sure you know that this season also includes the final series for Shakugan no Shana.

BTW, have you checked out any other series from you maybe list like Hayate the Combat Butler!, Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~, or Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Old 2011-12-17, 02:32   Link #86
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, Undertaker’s right. Maken-Ki! might be up your alley even though I never seen the anime, only read the manga source. From the story that I get from the manga, Maken-ki! actually has bigger plot involving some politcs & conspiracy than simply get-the-girl. Also, unlike Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, the bigger plot in Maken-ki! is not and idiotic excuse for the male-protag to get more women, it’s a serious stuff. Oh, don’t worry about the girls. They’re all gorgeous; fanservice are abundant; and the main protag is not a total useless-idiot. One more plus to Maken-Ki! Is that other male characters got decent screentime (or page-time in this case) and characterization, making this series not boring. Once again, this comes from the manga. I have NO idea what the anime like and how its story told.

As for the other suggestions: Ben-To is worth a try. C3 has potential too.

PS: How's your playing-VNs-&-eroge activity, Classified-Info? It's fun, isn't it?
Old 2011-12-17, 08:42   Link #87
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh, so there are still some titles to watch, excellent.

Thank you really much, i'll try em all. At the moment i'm at episode 11 of Ah my goddess, and i'm liking it. Planned to finish it within today, and then start with the other titles you suggested me.

As far as VN's playing goes, i've only played G-senjou no Mahou and Canvas 2. The first was overall better, graphic wise, plot wise, even music wise, but i still preferred canvas 2 for the lighter themes and the more interaction it provided.

Anyways, since now i'm open to the many possibilities animes got to offer me, i should have no problem watching older animes. Thank you again.

EDIT
Read up the sheets on AP about Ben-To, Maken-ki and C3 and should totally fit my tastes. Boku wa was awesome, and i can't wait for the next episodes. I also noticed they are all running series, but i should be okay. Thanks again for the suggestions, after all there were still totally valuable titles i didn't check, i'll make sure not to skip even once.

About Tokimeki Memorial, i had planned on watching it after AMG, but after these new super appealing titles came out, i have to delay it. Same goes for Kimikiss (which i had already tried but with no success, since all the versions i had checked all had orrible video/sound sync)
Old 2011-12-17, 15:44   Link #88
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I finished watching Ah my Goddess, and i discovered there are hell more titles about it, be them either ovas, movies or second series, or dvd specials. Now, out of this list http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/al...=&to_episodes= , which ones are related to the first series (i'm talking about the 2005 tv)? Is Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy the directly second series? Do i need to watch anything else before going for it? Since i'm sticking with the 2005 TV story, be free to skip other secondary parallel substories or bonus episodes (Like episode 25 and 26 that were random, concerning the two other sisters). Looking for something that continues what the first series started, or the name of those specials that actually add up important infos about the characters.

Thank you for having suggested me this title, i really liked it. It was a bit disappointing that the figure of Keichi, who was the protagonist, became some secondary background filler character. Hope a second series clears up this. At the moment i would rate it 8.9

EDIT
Nvm, i started watching the second season anyway, skipping all those suspicious oavs/specials. For tonight i'll stop at ep 12, since i'm tired, but i have to admit that the second season is focusing way more on relationships rather than the first season, which provided half romance and half fantasy fighting. I'm liking it more this way, since it gives me an Onegai teacher-like feeling. It was a bad move skipping this anime just after having watched the first 3 mins. The graphic wasn't so bad, and i found out i could get over the "symbols on forehead" issue.

However, to be honest, there still were titles on a sidenote. I just had stopped watching animes because i was trying out those VN games. The list with all the maybe to watch titles:

Kannagi
Green Green
Astarotte no omocha
Kimikiss pure rouge
Tokimeki Memorial

It's just that they were so much of maaaaayyyybeee titles, that i didn't bother to actually check them out. I found more appealing the last ones you suggested.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-17 at 20:56.
Old 2011-12-17, 20:49   Link #89
Undertaker

Yes, the two TV series are directly connected. Flights of Fancy/Sorezore no Tsubasa/Everyone Has Wings is the second season. DVD specials should associate with them as well but double check the years to be sure. The 2 TV seasons basically follows the manga albeit in a condensed, rearranged form. (considering the manga is currently on-going for 23 years on a monthly magazine). The OVAs released in 2007 (Fighting Wings) and thiis year (Itsumo Futari de) is also the continuation as well as the OVA episode

There is also a 5 episode OVA is release in the '90s so it is not connected to either and can be treated as stand-along series.

TV series called Adventure of Mini-Goddess is related to manga but the series is about super-deform goddess presented in a slap-stick comedy so that's not really you cup-of-tea

The movie, as I mention is a stand-alone story that doesn't really fit into any continuum (but at same time can fit to every continuum as well) but it is a great film that was well-executed and can add to the story.

If you want more story about Keiichi I suggest you pick up the manga because as I said the TV series is more or less a summery of 15 years of manga (at time) and as such it focus on more relationship building stories and stories feature side characters. The movie also add a lot of Keiichi's character and really show who he is in manga. Be warn though, as the manga started in 1988, the art of first 30-40 chapters were pretty messy and a huger difference to his current glamorous style. The creator Kosuke Fujishima is a very well-known mangaka whose You're Under Arrest is also very popular and is known on videogame scene for he character designs for Sakura Taisen and Tales-of- RPG series.

Which reminds me you would probably enjoy Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars TV series as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post

About Tokimeki Memorial, i had planned on watching it after AMG, but after these new super appealing titles came out, i have to delay it. Same goes for Kimikiss (which i had already tried but with no success, since all the versions i had checked all had orrible video/sound sync)
Which group have you watched and which media player did you use? Because if I remember correctly around that time, (when Kimikiss was released) there from bunch of new encoders came out and fansubbers are experimenting with them which could explain it.

As for Ben-to and co. Yes they are on-going but as I said this season is coming to a close (each season or cour is 3 month hence 11-13 episodes) in a week or so so you should be fine.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-12-17 at 21:11.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 09:37   Link #90
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had stopped at ep8 of Boku wa Tomodachi because the other episodes hadn't been yet released. Yesterday i noticed they made up to 11th ep, and so i watched it all. Ep12 should be 23 dec as far as i heard, so can't wait.

I think i'll wait for Ben-to & co to finish, because i want to watch them without any interruption. Once again, i'm really thankful you brought up these titles. I really like this genre.

Now getting back to AMG. Let me know if there is any other title like this coming out, or if there are new seasons of animes i watched, like Zero no Tsukaima, or Hidan no aria or anything else.
Old 2011-12-18, 16:46   Link #91
Undertaker

I know that Amagami is getting a second season starting next month. It's going to be a 1-cour series that acts as side stories that adds depth to each of the arcs so each girls is getting about 2 episodes. Other than that I haven't really checked on next season's list yet. I'll get back to you in a week or so when this season ends and there is about 1-2 week where there will be no new anime airs until next season/month.
Old 2011-12-20, 18:31   Link #92
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching the 10th episode of Ben-to; the graphic/art design totally fits my taste, the characters are also good and well built, beside it being filled with ecchiness and cute girls. Said this, my vote would surely pass 9. However, this non-sense irrational plot just makes everything crash down. What the fuck, really, fighting to blood to get a discount on a fucking lunch? U serious? Also totally non-sense when there are super rich people that make up a whole organization to fight in the market. What the hell dude, if you are that rich, why the fuck do you fight to get the equivalent of 2 euros discount on a shit meal? Also, are all those boys that poor and desperate?

Really, it's such a waste of characters, because i really liked them all. The plot is awful, but it got awesome characters. This is sad. Oh yes, it surely is fun, and i guess that's the reason of this anime, but still the story is too much non-sense. There could have been much some romance, but i gave up the idea. I liked the blonde girl.

I will watch ep11 when the series ends, so that i don't get to forget some parts. I guess what's upcoming is the payback on those two devil girls that move like supersayans whatsoever. Anyways, it was nonetheless an enjoyable and not boring show, and that's why i would still rate it something like 8.8.

Tomorrow i'll start maken ki, if i'm in the mood.
Old 2011-12-20, 20:38   Link #93
Undertaker

Bento is definitely exaggerating, but in East Asia, such sales do exist because most stores don't keep those lunch boxes over nights. (2 days at most) They also hold timed sales on perishables like meats and veggie which is known for causing fights and chaos among housewives mainly due to high population density and the custom that you buy your grocery everyday or every other day instead once a week.

So in reality it is actually not a such inconceivable plot. Keep in mind that most of those wolves are student living along or adult who lives on eating out, any pennies they save is money they can use elsewhere.
Old 2011-12-21, 18:42   Link #94
Elegance

This doesnt have ecchi.
Clannad
White Album
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 22:44   Link #95
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Maken-ki and C3's season ended, so i'm now going to watch them. I also watched the 12th episode of Boku wa, but considering how it went, i guess it wasn't the last one for sure. Can't wait for the other episodes, hoping there will be some development and some kiss. Ben-to is still stuck at ep11, but i didn't see any track of romance, if not some perverted looks from the boy towards the ice witch.

In the meanwhile, since i felt nostalgic, i watched again the first season of Zero no Tsukaima, and noticed how much i loved this anime, especially how cute Luise looked. I guess that would be my kind of favorite female character.

While i'm fucking around, i came up with a title that seems to be loved by many: Spice and Wolf. Do you think it would suit me?

PS
Already tried Clannad and found it pretty slow and boring. Didn't hear of White album, so i might try it at a later moment.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:00   Link #96
Elegance

ZnT has 3 seasons probably another one will come to end it.
Spice and Wolf
I love it tho but for you, i got to go fifty-fifty. Ecchi not really unless it shows her naked but theres nothing really to see. The comedy is special in this I say, u can call it witty. The economics im not sure you will like. Though the relationship development is very well done. Very hard to say for you. Once you run out of like ecchi/romance because I did, im sure this show will pop out alot more.

PS
I finished Maken Ki!(Thanks Undertaker) and its almost like Freezing since you like that.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:13   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
While i'm fucking around, i came up with a title that seems to be loved by many: Spice and Wolf. Do you think it would suit me?
The two seasons of Spice and Wolf is definitely about the relationship between the two, but I remember earlier in your first thread that you don’t like girls with animal attribute such as animal ears and tails.

I also have to warn you though, that Spice & Wolf are loved by many because of it’s unusual story-element. To be valid, here’s a review about the plus and minus of Spice & Wolf 1st season from a profesional reviewer who familiar with anime from Blu-ray.com whose opinion mirrors mine (he do loves this anime though):
Spoiler for The Review:
Old 2011-12-22, 23:27   Link #98
Undertaker

As Elegance says, Spice and Wolf might be a bit slow for your taste, but it's a great series that deserves at least a look. And considering you liked AMG a slow romantic series in it's own, Spice and Wolf might surprise you.

Other than that, my only other suggestion would be the El Hazard series I mentioned earlier and start going back to your on-hold and might-watch list for now and give shows like Hayate no Gotoku [Hayate the Combat butler] a shot.

Edit: I just remembered another potential series in Yumeria and if you are ok with El Hazard's animation level then Love Hina would be a good series for you as well.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:59   Link #99
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had already tried Love Hina (It got even translated in my language), but i only like Hina out of those girl, and the boy always gets beaten up like he's some weak shit, so i dropped it.

I'll pass on S&W. The only catgirl i could bear was in Omamori Himari, because Himari was in her catgirl mode only 1% of time, and it was funny.

I wanted to try El hazard, but when i happened to read the sheet in AP, i found out i was reading the sheet of the second season, that basically spoiled me the end of the first season (Now X and Y are married and. ... what the fuck synopsis). There is no fun when you know from the start that they'll get together. I'm of the idea that even tho the main couple is clear from the beginning, there should still be that 1% chance that story evolves into another way, making the spectator constantly hope that it goes how he wants.

Anyways, started C3, but i feel there is something fucked up with this anime: first of, what's the story about? I don' t quite get it. This guy is some sort of living talisman anticurses, whose father always sends him cursed objects for no reason, and his childhood friend is a big titted girl that is... a sword? What the fuck? Also, the beginning was kinda acceptable, it had pants shots, ecchiness, but now turned in some gruesome sadist game. Also it looks like people in this story are used to weird things. WOuld you mind clearing up some of these things? Thank you.

EDIT
Ps, i know that ZnT has 3 seasons. Watched em all, i just felt nostalgic about the first one.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-23 at 00:10.
Old 2011-12-23, 00:43   Link #100
Elegance

Maybe try these though they dont exactly match what ur looking for
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
denpa onna to seishun otoko

Really hard to find you some ecchi romance :P

Also i noticed u didnt like the idea of zombies/gore for Highschool of The Dead. Its known very there over the top ecchiness

Last edited by Elegance; 2011-12-23 at 00:54.