AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 10:22   Link #21881
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - That's a common thing called "Tell, not show.". Saying he has flaws and showing them are different things. Irish has drug problems, but it'd be idiotic if I never show this damaging him at all. Are you seriously saying Inami has no flaws?
He does but I won't state any at the moment. Then again, I already hinted that one of them involves his 5-year absence.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:24   Link #21882
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Both.

Note 1: They raid stores once a day at the very least, and pack the food rather than eating them on the spot. Ichika made the bars as emergency supply if they can't do a raid (and really comes in handy when they really can't).

Note 2: Comes the fun.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:30   Link #21883
Eratas123

@ Stratos - So he deals with them off-screen? That's not very engaging.

@ Senpai - I honestly can't imagine her ever getting mad. How would it look? I mostly need this for FI, though.

They don't have to do it every day. Just raid the store, grab as much as you can, then ration it out.

The scenes supposed to highlight one of his flaws: He's good at hurting people, but he absolutely sucks at saving even one person. Of course, this turns into an epic fail for him when he finds out she was in AD and he didn't have to worry.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:38   Link #21884
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - So he deals with them off-screen? That's not very engaging.
Not exactly. The ones like his parents' death and Praxidike's betrayal are pretty major but he knows well that lingering his mind over them would have a bad effect on him.

The issue with his absence is related to Tsurugi so chances are it will come to light if she accidentally says something insensitive. Sabre is her arc after all.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:39   Link #21885
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Mostly she ditch her playful nature and straight to business, like that one moment with Squall. (her boast is undoubtedly stupid though. unless she did it while signaling reinforcement).

Note - They can't, once again they're just kids and should be mobile. Dan has to ditch one hammer to carry two days worth of supply for example, not because of weight, but bulkiness. The problem is that they has no homebase, mostly roaming around to seek specific person or place. With stores being abundant, they really has no reason to carry food unless they're need to.

Their adventure stopped when A. all of them create a perfectly barricaded base or B. Military rescued them.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:42   Link #21886
Eratas123

@ Stratos - It's your choice. I'm still reading your story

@ Senpai - So that's how she'd act with her kid?

Don't they carry backpacks? Dead frontier has one on your character and he can carry at least a few days worth of food on it.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:43   Link #21887
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Oh crap, that remind me, I almost forgot about giving Sligis some flaws.....

*Age add some flaws from previous OC into Sligis*

Can't make him show too much flaws as a teacher....because he still need to remain respectable...

His flaw will only appear, once outside his Teacher persona... where his true nature begin to shine.... literally and figurative speaking..
Old 2012-02-12, 10:46   Link #21888
Eratas123

@ Treme - You don't need to have it pop up every fee seconds, just that he has them and it affects him at times.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:53   Link #21889
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What does Tatenashi being pissed of Irish and her kid is related?

Yes, they gain it later. And no, the backpack still need to be small enough due to their small body (in this case, the girls). Dan gain fully functional backpack though, and carry a lot of food most of the time. Other wears various apparel that carry supply as needed (usually ammo).

Humorously, the best stuff would be Randoseru (=raenzel), which Rin grudgingly use, later traded for a waist pack, and used by Laura of all people. (it's an essential symbol of grade schooler in Japan, and rather durable due to being made of high quality leather, also, expensive)
Old 2012-02-12, 10:54   Link #21890
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - It's your choice. I'm still reading your story

Here's a chip-in scene as to what I meant.

Spoiler for Scene:

Old 2012-02-12, 10:58   Link #21891
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Eh? Sorry, but I need to see how she'd act more with her kid than Irish. I can honestly imagine her being more angry with her kid than a snarky jerkass like him.

What about a courier backpack? Small, easy to use, and usable by anyone.

@ Stratos - As I said, it's your choice
Old 2012-02-12, 11:04   Link #21892
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@ Stratos - As I said, it's your choice
I think it'll be nice. Knowing the couple, they just get over issues at first notice. I can probably set it up for some maybe-heartwarming drama towards the end of the festival.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:04   Link #21893
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

On a more serious note, being hard and strict on the kids all the time is proven to be a bad kind of raising method. True, it work most of the time, but when it fails, it fails HARD.

I can see her alternating between playful and strict, but fails to grab her kids attention anyway.

It's mostly their choice, It's after all, still mostly ideas and random stuff. Not all of them is going to be 100% efficient, just enough to work.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:10   Link #21894
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Proffesional? Did you see how she acted as Ichika's bodyguard? I'd say professionalism isn't in her top interests. Also, the reason she gets mad at her kid is she goes too far with her Pranks. Irish drops things if he gets scolded enough. Then again, she's not that strict. She's more on the whole "I'm smiling right now, and you don't want to know what'll happen if this smile disappears." Note that she doesn't say anything, others just get piss scared when they see her smile. 9/10 times she's one of the most laid back parents.

Also, I know it fails. My mother is this way, and I'm affected this way already.

@ Stratos - Foreshadow it. Don't make It come out of left field.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:11   Link #21895
Eratas123

Almost forgot: How does Tabane help them in the long run other than giving them the serum. Also, how many students/survivors are there?
Old 2012-02-12, 11:17   Link #21896
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, don't mad at me . All I said is mostly my opinion, and it's up to you to use it or not.

I was talking about how her not doing her JOB (emphasis on JOB) properly cost her an arm and a leg, figurative speaking (namely: Ichika's short-lived fuse and Madoka's sanity). Note that she meant no harm about this, but not all people perceive it as the same.

Tabane join them for a while, but later separated when Tabane must help the military mass-produce the vaccine. Then again, at this point the Protag is already safe.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:22   Link #21897
Eratas123

What do you mean mad? I just said an answer, not said I was raging over you. Sorry if I came off that way.

Is there any reason she's such a flirt? If she's never had experience with guys before, would she act so....open?

Side note - So later parts are more on survival and rebuilding than fighting?
Old 2012-02-12, 11:29   Link #21898
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If she never said about it herself I'm refrain from comment about her canon self.

But in Sacred Twins at least, it stemmed from her buried wish, wanting to be seen as a complete person rather than "symbol of perfection" her current self are. Ultimately, this also bleed to her female self, wanting to be seen as normal girl (both count as a flaw by the way, but still a sympathetic one that makes her somewhat humane)

Yep.
Old 2012-02-12, 11:34   Link #21899
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm not counting on canon. I ask for your opinions more than the dodgy canon. Speaking of which, how does "being seen as a girl" equate to "act like I'm seducing someone"?

Do you think all of the heroines will be good with kid's? Not their own kid's, just kid's in general.

Side note - How does Ichika deal with both Madoka and Houki in the OT3 ending?
Old 2012-02-12, 11:44   Link #21900
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So, you have this reputation about being so beautiful and attractive it's a curse, not because attract too many guys, but also repelling the guy you actually want.

True that her method does not match her intention. Acting like a seductress, if saw from very cynical angle, would be the same thing as whoring to get the man. Okay, maybe that's waay to far-fetched, but you got the idea.

Basically, she's seeking for honest attention, which admittedly, Ichika do not provide (already busy with his own harem even though he's not realizing that).

It's a gamble to whether she got Ichika can fell for her seduction (epic fail), increasingly annoyed and kick her out of his life (fail, but less jarring), or saw past it and accept her as her true self (good ending)

Granted, if you gamble something in Sacred Twins, the Stakes is always lower or higher than you expect. The OT3 route is less smooth than wincest route in fact. Though by working together, the hurdle will be easier to pass. It's mostly due to Ichika's inherent nature being a realist, and already saw the hardship he will face of having two lover.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest