AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 12:24   Link #2481
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well Vivio never really needed that much development if you ask me. She's already living a perfect life and outside of her abilities as a fighter, her character doesn't really have anywhere to go. That Einhart gets more focus is actually to the manga's favor.
Old 2013-01-13, 13:07   Link #2482
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But the number is the reason why we can’t assign the other to a proper role or development. We are too busy searching through the entire cast. In this particular case with so many characters they have no purpose, a large cast in a short series is bad because of lack of time to give them proper screentime and development. In this case the problem comes from having to many character. In this case the number did went wrong, because of the large number we can’t focus too much on each character because we still have 20 more to go.

Miura… she doesn’t really get development. We are told she went through that in the past when she come from a very incompetent and timid girl to a more competent and yet timid girl. There is a difference between showing character development and telling us it happen. And so far she doesn’t go for a change, she still seems to be really timid. She is not going through anything and just keeps fighting.

Einhart does get development but is too spread across the series and at times too fast for its own good, since the change from the cold fighter to the timid friend was made in like two chapters without really addressing the fact and just telling us that is how it is. On that I have to agree with 00-Raiser, Vivio really seems to be in the perfect life and doesn’t have any place to go and that was a mistake.

Vivio should be struggling with some kind of problems and the resolution of such problems with Einhart on the mix could be a good story. The problem is that the writer kill any amount of development we could have here when he decide to go with the “it has been 4 years and is all better now”. But that is my opinion. In the end the fact that Vivio lacks motivation or an arc is a problem because she is the main character.
Old 2013-01-28, 11:04   Link #2483
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Spoiler for 45:
Old 2013-01-28, 11:36   Link #2484
Justin_Brett

What do you do when you're not given enough material to draw for the chapter? Do a spread of something people already saw in StrikerS.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 11:47   Link #2485
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

What are you referring to?
Old 2013-01-28, 12:09   Link #2486
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finally! Witch girl did something ...still waiting for her match with Lutecia xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 15:32   Link #2487
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, this chapter is entitled "Pity Party" then.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:10   Link #2488
Justin_Brett

Quote:
What are you referring to?
Those two pages of the Midchildan HQ or whatever it's called.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:04   Link #2489
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

You must be looking at a different preview than me because I see no such page.
Old 2013-01-28, 17:23   Link #2490
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I am not sure but could this be something that we haven’t seen in ViVid so far name: PLOT!!! I have to say that seems to be the case… then again I can’t helped but to remember how we were trick in the past.

Aside from that the rest seems to be just another ViVid chapter.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:01   Link #2491
mechdra

The DSSA arc finally coming to an end and the next arc will begin soon.

I just got 1 issue here...why the hell everyone know know who are the descendant of te Belka kings! I thoughts those are classified information.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 12:14   Link #2492
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Apparently not

...so, the DSSA Arc is finished and they SKIPPED LUTECIA'S FIGHT?

Oh COME ON! It was about the only reason i keeped watching that thing >_<!

First they teased me with the possibility of seeing Lulu back in action and now the suddenly don't?

Meh -_-

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-01-29, 13:59   Link #2493
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Lulu back in action? I just sped one scene with her new self and I already had enough or her. What happen to her more cool and passive character? She was so awesome because she almost didn’t say anything, now she looks like she sniff cocaine in a regular base.

In any case I hope the next part will be more interesting and we can all forget about… whatever they decide to call this thing.

About the Belka thing… well, I did think was a secret until I realize something: How did Einhart new Ixpellia was alive in the beginning? If that is secret I don’t think she could discover it that easy… then again there are parts of the JS Incident that nobody knows, the cyborgs have to keep in secret they are cyborgs and I am sure some stuff of the Mirage Incident were classified as well so what the hell? Is ok to say around Vivio is a clone of the Saint Kaiser? Then again how could anyone not notice when they say the rainbow color of her magic is only present in the Saint Kaiser bloodline.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:25   Link #2494
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Lulu back in action? I just sped one scene with her new self and I already had enough or her. What happen to her more cool and passive character? She was so awesome because she almost didn’t say anything, now she looks like she sniff cocaine in a regular base.
LOL seems i'm the only one who likes the new Lulu xD! The fact they've shown her stoicness was just the product of the despair about her mom was a pretty smart explanation, one can't remain sad forever specially if you're finally reunited with the person you wanted to see the most (thus removing her main reason of angst). Lutecia have spent 4 years in a healthy enviroment with her mother and more likely some therapy help from the TSAB ...so her change seems very plausible.

Plus, i find drama queen Lulu incredibly funny xD (reminds me of Rarity for some reason xD). She's now the hammy and elegant princess of the arena xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-01-29, 14:56   Link #2495
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

She is annoying and insane, she doesn’t act like Rarity at all (And yes, I do know where that come from) she just screams, laughs and act like if she ever stop talking she will die. She reminds me more of Éclair from Kiddy Grade.

And one thing is change and another thing is replace the character entirely. Lutecia could be happier but why she has to go to a complete opposite of her former self? She was cute before now she sucks.
Old 2013-01-29, 15:01   Link #2496
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

As i've said, it seems i'm the only one xD

*goes to his happy Lulu-land xD*

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-01-29, 15:12   Link #2497
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Is ok I guess, I have issues with her. Sorry. Is the only thing I hate for real in ViVid, the rest os more like "meh" for me
Old 2013-01-29, 15:16   Link #2498
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nanya's made a fairly large rant about why Lulu's new demeanor isn't out of character or "sudden" for the series, so feel free to ask him about it.
Old 2013-01-29, 19:04   Link #2499
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

A lot of us had problems with Lutecia's change of character. Most of us have gotten used to it.
Old 2013-01-29, 19:13   Link #2500
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I can’t really get use to it considering how little she has been in the series, I really don’t like it and I will never do because of how much she reminds me of Éclair. Besides I don’t think we can say she is “out of character” when she almost didn’t have one to begin with. I am saying her actions now are the complete opposite of her actions before and that I found that horrible.

Tags
vivid