AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 05:21   Link #4101
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Himwari no Kyoukai: Yomi's route. It had one ridiculous element in it, but the last scene before the credit roll was touching. Based on the walkthrough, I'm looking forward to Hina's route(s).
Spoiler for last scene:

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-06-17 at 06:19.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 02:57   Link #4102
Mystic_Vegetto

I just recently finished Naka no Hito Nado Inai. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. To me it had that nice good mix of Comedy and Story similar to My Girlfriend is the President. If I had to rank the Heroine routes, it would be:

1. Louis
2. Ayano
3. Luka
4. Saori

Since I've played Osanadai and Nakahito, I'm wondering if I should try out Onigokko. Anyone ever try it? Currently I'm playing Hapymaher and finished Maia's route. Hoping to start another route tomorrow or later in the week. Very much looking forward to Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road in August.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 03:39   Link #4103
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
I just recently finished Naka no Hito Nado Inai. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. To me it had that nice good mix of Comedy and Story similar to My Girlfriend is the President. If I had to rank the Heroine routes, it would be:

1. Louis
2. Ayano
3. Luka
4. Saori
The stories were somewhat cheesy like a Tokusatsu serie (probably intentional) but nevertheless very enjoyable because of the characters and the comedy.
That's pretty much the same ranking that i would give, eventhough i would tie Ayano and Louis' stories for the best because i liked their routes equally because of the slight better story in Ayano's story but the more deredere Louis. Yuka's route was also nice but overall slightly weaker than the previous 2 and i didn't like Saori, but it was more a problem of her charactertype that i didn't like rather than her actual route.

Quote:
Since I've played Osanadai and Nakahito, I'm wondering if I should try out Onigokko. Anyone ever try it?
I didn't like it as much as Osadai or Nakahito, but Onigokko was still very enjoyable. Also a psp port will be out at the end of the month (with an extra heroine), so that is also an option if you own a psp
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 06:28   Link #4104
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Finished Kisaragi Goldstar. Uhm, ... I'm a bit at loss of words. Saya: The first half up to h-scene one were fine enough, but the latter half once the supernatural element appeared (or rather re-appeared?) was for me somehow a headache. Koutarou was probably the most annoying jerk-ish character of her route and he should have gotten the crap beaten out of him. Even the "final stage" of her route wasn't tha appealing, but I loved the flashback between Futami-tachi and Saya's first encounter.
Overall: A somehow wobbly start of the VN, but I guess if all routes are based around some supernatural element, I know what to expect. Especically that some of the potential mystery element for Ichika was already foreshadowed. So that's good in hindsight.
After completing it, I would still say to have generally enjoyed the ride. Some annoying/too drama-esque aspects, but nothing really outrageous. I liked the soundtrack during the mystery/supernatural elements. The side character route were similar as with Dolphin Diver very short. I think the longest route would have been Tori's feeling-wise.
From the other characters: I like the teacher and Ririko.

Spoiler for True End:

Favorite route order: Tsubasa > Ichika-chan (her dere-dere side <3) > Mikoto > Saya. Mikoto here not as the second worst route, but as the solid middle.
From the side character's I only really liked Nanako.
Obviously due to the heavy rabu-rabu and icha-icha I loved Tsubasa's route. Mild drama + *awww* and smiling-scenes. Here again, Ichika's plot-part occured differently than I thought it would, but in the long run I was okay with it.

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-06-17 at 09:25.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:07   Link #4105
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Since I've played Osanadai and Nakahito, I'm wondering if I should try out Onigokko. Anyone ever try it?
I'd frankly rank onigokko above osadai, which is itself above nakahito. I felt there was something missing in the latter - the exact of which I can't exactly pinpoint: comedy, overall atmosphere, premise, etc. - which made it seem a waste to buy (personally). To compare, it was like reading AS2's W.L.O. then moving to Okiba ga nai (which by itself is a slightly unfair comparison, as I read the alcot games within a single week while I read the aforementioned titles within their respective releases)

EDIT: I'm considering ensemble's new game - hanaoto wasn't too bad and I quite enjoyed most of koi no canvas' routes. Can anyone who's read ojounana write in their impressions?

Last edited by Balzac; 2013-06-20 at 00:18.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:30   Link #4106
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Aside from the used economics (which bothered some) I thought that Oujonana was ok, but not something great.
Initially i didn't like Naname much because of her very wierd personality, but i started to like her more later in her route.
Hana also had an ok route.
Shiaya's story was very different than i expected
Otoha's and Touko's routes were somewhat meh, eventhough i think Touka's had the weakest route

Personally while i find it ok, there are much better VN's to pick.

edit:

I have seen lot's of good about ChuSinGura46+1 , so i will be trying that next before Fureraba comes out

Last edited by hyl; 2013-06-20 at 00:40.
Old 2013-06-27, 05:39   Link #4107
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Couldn't resist to post the カルマルカ*サークル opening movie, because i am hyped for it

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

edit: i am kind of annoyed that Palette still has almost no news about 恋がさくころ桜どき , eventhough it was teased last year. The only thing announced today was the "Palette Premium Festa" somewhere in october with guests such as the artists who sung the opening and ending songs and the seiyuu's of Mashifoni

Last edited by hyl; 2013-06-27 at 08:32.
Old 2013-06-29, 13:20   Link #4108
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Amairo Islenauts Trial has been out for almost 5 hours now and my impression so far, despite not having the time to finish it yet, is that it looks like a comedic charage with various oddball characters and interesting settings (on a floating island with a more old fashioned European feel , because of the look (like the buildings on the island and the school) and less modern things because electricity is scarce on the island. Eventhough people still have cellphones)

edit:
An overall entertaining trial. All the main and sub heroines (aside from 1, who only appeared at the very end of the trial) are great , like dracu-riot it has interesting settings plus i liked the comedy, eventhough it's probably fairly standard RomCom/harem ecchi level of comedy.Speaking about ecchi, it definitely has more fanservice than the past Yuzusoft's titles
Amairo Islenauts also seems less focused on the story than Dracu-Riot
Spoiler for spoiler:

In fact the story is pretty nonexistent and it feels like a moege/charage (probably more emphasis on moe)

later edit:
While reading the trial I entirely missed this news.
Lovely Quest on the psp
http://www.piacci.co.jp/lq/

Tommorow i will try fureraba, eventhough the trial was somewhat disappointing compared to Lover able.

even later edit:
!!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by hyl; 2013-06-30 at 09:45.
Old 2013-07-07, 14:41   Link #4109
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Anyone has or plans to play Cuff's latest game Berries? With at least two (for me interesting) Vns of 7+ GB my poor notebook's remaining 19 GB HDD would reach its crtical point, so I'd rather want to avoid possibly disappointments (*coughImoutoKatachicough*).

Otherwise @fureraba: The conversation time with *girl-of-choice* seems to suffer the same implementation as with CureGirl aka none of those topic/information are being used during the other parts of the VN other than serving some invisible affection boosts. Nontheless, the amounts of smile-making moments were easily worth it for me . Never knew that a simple question of wheter you'd offer an eldery lady your seat could lead to such a "catastrophic" discussion .
Old 2013-07-07, 15:21   Link #4110
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I have been starting Berry's. While i am not even out of the common, my impression so far is that seems to be a pretty fun moege with a large cast of characters and a pretty nonexistent plot
Old 2013-07-07, 15:35   Link #4111
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Does anyone know if there is any legal eroge you can play online for free? as a taster? Im sure there isn't but might as well try xD

If not where would you buy them in countries other than Japan?
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 18:54   Link #4112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Necromancer- View Post
Does anyone know if there is any legal eroge you can play online for free? as a taster? Im sure there isn't but might as well try xD

If not where would you buy them in countries other than Japan?
Most eroge have free downloadable trials, and even many of the officially-localized (English translated) ones do (for example, see this list on MangaGamer). The whole point of the trial is a "taster" for the game.

Other than that, the two main brands for legal English-translated eroge are JAST and MangaGamer. They have links to buy their games there.

If you want untranslated Japanese games, then the purchasing options are a bit more limited and/or may require you go through a few more hoops/expenses... but it's doable. I've been importing new Japanese releases for many years now.
Old 2013-07-08, 21:12   Link #4113
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone tried http://vntls.org/project/world-end-economica-ep1/ yet? It is billed as investment banking + VN.
Old 2013-08-03, 04:40   Link #4114
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Another buch of short impressions as I have too much time during my semester vacations:

Fureraba: I have only finished Rina's route, but loved every bits of her route. It was hngghh^10 and quite lovely how the teasing-childhood friend(ship) developed to such a tightly-knit lovership. Sure, that's not really uncommon at all, but I found it lovely in combination with Rina's "hidden" strong lonelieness. I would have prefered if her epilogue would have manifested the deal even more, instead of the more comedic approach of the actual epilogue, but that's just me.

Zutto suki shite, takusan suki shite: Uhm, ... A bit strange seeing that the MC's approach after the only choice-selection becomes quite bolder (like an "CHAAARGE!" command); as much as an instant-confession in one route. Though, that confession didn't lead to a "yes" straightaway. From the two routes I glimpsed at, Serina's was the most straightforward due to both having ultimately mutual feelings towards eachother. Plus Serina is extremly huggable -> my first impression when she first appeared. Her first apperance as harmless/generic as it was, left the "best girl early-game"-impression

I also orgininally planned to test the new cosmic cute VN, but after looking at vndb I discovered the -for me - alarming tags: Gore + Bloody Scenes and backpaddled without hesitation. Nothing against a serious settings in general, but I got somehow bad vibes from it *lol*.

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-08-04 at 02:43.
Old 2013-08-04, 01:52   Link #4115
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Finally got to play Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. Loved it. Couldn't stop playing. And I had such mixed feelings about who to pick......

Spoiler:

Really looking forward to whatever this team of creators comes up with next.
Old 2013-08-04, 02:10   Link #4116
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Finally got to play Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. Loved it. Couldn't stop playing. And I had such mixed feelings about who to pick......

Spoiler:

Really looking forward to whatever this team of creators comes up with next.
which begs the question...Is this the direction Nitro+ is going to take now?

From action adventures to this kind of involved romance stories?
Old 2013-08-04, 02:24   Link #4117
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I doubt it! This is basically the romance game to end all other romance games. I came away from it feeling like I pretty much never need to play a standard romance game again, haha.
Old 2013-08-04, 19:57   Link #4118
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Finished Amairo Islenauts a few days ago. While I did like it , but didn't exceed my expectations.

It's overall a nice moege with good characters, but none of the routes had a real good story (imo Airi having the weakest and Yune have the best) which is normally not a huge problem for a moege. However I think that some routes (Yune and Masaki) had a little too much drama for my taste but more on that later.

The music is imo not as catchy or good as the 2 other Yuzusoft titles that i have played (Dracu-Riot and Natsuzora Kanata), but still ok. I did like the ending song(s) Amairo sung by the various main heroines

While the main character Tohru is a teacher and all of the main heroines are his pupils, the problem of a teacher-student relationship was only an issue in 1 route (and that wasn't even the direct problem).

Route impressions
Spoiler for Shirley:

Spoiler for Yune:

Spoiler for Airi:

Spoiler for Masaki and a rushed summary of her route:

The subheroine routes were as expected very short, imo probably too short. Konoka's route was far better than Tia's ,because Konoka's route had some mystery and answers, while Tia's route almost had no plot

Spoiler for Konoka route spoilers:

While the sub characters were likable, none of them appeared that much in the game. My favorite of them would be Francesca Palamidi (Fran) , the pink drill haired otaku from Italy, but too bad she didn't have her own route. Her craziness is atleast on par with Shirley and perhaps even worse

Last edited by hyl; 2013-08-04 at 20:16.
Old 2013-08-07, 08:14   Link #4119
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Been playing Kajiri Kamui Kagura since the last few weeks, and only now I remembered that I was playing 'ano ko ha ore kara hanarenai' before that. Let's talk a bit about it.

It's...what do you call this type of game again? Not exactly moege (although the illusts are a lot more moe than your typical GIGA game), the selling point seems to be the characters and/or the whole atmosphere of the game so...charage? fuuinkige? Whatever, but as you might know, GIGA produces these kinds of game every now and then between the gameplay heavy ones (which I suspect also acts as debut or training roles for new seiyuus, but not quite sure).

Sadly though, the only other game of this type I've played from GIGA was Sakaagari Hurricane (though that one had a bit more drama in it). But, with this and that included they strike right in my comfort zone.

AnoOre used the riajuu theme like Haganai, and even the overall composition seems to overlap quite a bit but didn't really felt like a blatant rip-off and doesn't stop it from being a fun read. However, I do sometimes feel like some of the settings introduced at the start of the game and character introductions became less and less prominent as the story progress in favor of the dynamics between the club members (perhaps it symbolizes the change in them, I don't know).

As for the individual routes, I've only finished one (Momiji) and in process of another (Manami). My general impression is there's a lot of sweet and fun moments, and a bit of problem solving with nice ero moments thrown in. Very fun to read in between the 'heavier' games.
Old 2013-08-08, 04:39   Link #4120
Aer0gam3r

I just finished Hatsuyuki Sakura and every route left a bitter feeling in my heart. Also the true route was that feeling ten times over >____>. But yeah, the game was enjoyable and I've come to expect this sort of bittersweet feeling from Saga planets. It's part of why I love them ^^. Though I would still say that Natsuyume beats Hatsuyuki in regards to how crap I felt after playing it.

Their next title, "Karumaruka * Circle", doesn't look to appealing to me to be honest. Also I hear that the writer for that one is different from the norm?

@Mahou I couldn't really tell by your comment on it, but how did find Zutto suki shite, takusan suki shite? I'm a bit interested in it. Also, I LOVED Fureraba XD.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel