AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-01, 02:43   Link #141
Asrialys

Given the way they're currently advertising this anime you'd think they'd respond in a good way to the fans' needs.
Old 2007-02-01, 13:24   Link #142
izzyntsherandom

"We need a stage"- they could be talking about the Live- the concert in Japan? But that's March 18th, perhaps a little far in the future for the source code messages to be talking about...

Hey, at least GitS SAC got a good dub though, right? And extras are just that- extras. They can be really shiny and things you're really happy were included, but they're not the be-all and end-all of a release. I'm just holding out for good quality subs, a good dub, nice cover-art (preferably that isn't exclusively the female characters XD poor Kyon and Itsuki deserve cover-presence too), and a good blurb. Everything else would be a (muchly appreciated) bonus!
Old 2007-02-01, 14:31   Link #143
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I really liked Bandai's GitS:SAC release. Sure the on-disc extras where not spectacular but getting the extra stuff like the 3 O.S.T. discs as well as figurines from the second season where really cool and the dub was top notch.

For me, all the Haruhi DVD's have to do is give a quality sub and be a good transfer. I don't really care about the english dub personally but a quality dub might bring more viewers to the show which I'm all for. The one thing I would really like to see is the show released in broadcast order but if it's not then it's not like I won't buy the DVD.

Things I'd like to see as extras would be an OST, that CD with the insert songs and Koi no Mikuru Densetsu, figurines of yuki playing guitar and yuki reading, and an armband.
Old 2007-02-01, 15:43   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
there is something bothering about this licensing
are the R1 DVDs going to have the animation from the R2 (the renewed animation by KyoAn and extra scenes ? or are they just use the tv ones ?
I've seen this question asked occasionally for a variety of series... has any company EVER used the tv tapes for an R1 release rather than the DVD masters? That just sounds insanely stupid and actually more production work.

The only time I've seen such a crappy product like that, they were bootlegs.

ah well... I wasn't terribly impressed with ADV's mucking about with the PPD extras (adding fairly lame interviews with the english VAs, for example) but their efforts at footnoting and subbing were fairly impressive...
The main thing I have from Bandai is the Love Hina Perfect Collection ... and that was put out so long ago, it isn't really a good clue on whether Bandai is going to step up to recent packaging and production values we've seen from Geneon (Kamichu!) or Funimation (TMP).
Old 2007-02-01, 19:45   Link #145
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I was rewatching the ep1 video posted on asosbrigade.com and noticed that it said a torrent of that video is available at asosbrigade.com/torrents. Went there and was redirected to http://asosbrigade.com:6969/ which did in fact have a torrent page for the sub and raw versions of the asosbrigade videos.
Old 2007-02-01, 20:53   Link #146
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyntsherandom View Post
"We need a stage"- they could be talking about the Live- the concert in Japan? But that's March 18th, perhaps a little far in the future for the source code messages to be talking about...
End of Febuary = New York Comic-con

Bandai already said they'd be revealing something Haruhi-related.
Old 2007-02-02, 01:33   Link #147
Asrialys

The Hare Hare Yukai dance comes to mind...
Old 2007-02-02, 14:33   Link #148
aegismode

I would love to see an Hirano Aya concert in the US....

Just FYI, I'm not sure why Kyon in the blog keep recommending "Collision with Chronos". Maybe the Japanese version Tanigawa read was "better", but it's probably one of the racist book I've ever read. I mean it was full of racist language, especially against the Chinese, if you know what I mean. I think it was intended to expose the "evils of racism" with a backdrop of some weird time-related scifi piece, but reading it closely you can tell just how racist and bias the author is himself. Kyon could have mentioned that the "present" human who 's fighting against the future "aliens" are descendents of the Nazis... oh my goodness I'm so embarrased of owning this sub-standard, racist psudo sci-fi book. Let me put it lightly - it's like L. Ron Hubbard version of "Mein-Kampft" with even worse ending (than Hubbard's books!), only that the intense racism is aimed at Asians. If you're Asian and you're able read this book cover-to-cover and not get angrier than ape-shit, I can only say that you are an extremely mature human being.

Attention Bandai and KadoUSA Marketing Team Members (I know you're reading this): HAVE YOU GUYS READ THE DAMN BOOK? Tanigawa may have loved it but gosh he didn't read the English version with its at least a 1,000 occurance of the racist word "Chink." Please remove this book from being associated with Haruhi, especially to English native speakers. I love Haruhi... please don't tarnish this great anime with this dumb book.

I can't even put this book on my bookshelf... damn I gotta figure out how to return this crap to Amazon...

Just in case I didn't make myself clear - don't buy this book unless you're a closet neo-nazi. If you're real otaku and only buying this crap out of love for Haruhi - don't. I can't believe I'm making comments about white supermists on a forum devoted to Haruhi... gosh, the definition of sacralige to a Haruhiist.

Reading this book has ruined my day. I'm going to go take a shower now and hopefully I can forget this book ever existed.

Last edited by aegismode; 2007-02-02 at 15:07.
Old 2007-02-02, 14:33   Link #149
Scifience
高校生

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound View Post
I was rewatching the ep1 video posted on asosbrigade.com and noticed that it said a torrent of that video is available at asosbrigade.com/torrents. Went there and was redirected to http://asosbrigade.com:6969/ which did in fact have a torrent page for the sub and raw versions of the asosbrigade videos.
It's pathetic that they're begging for donations on that page.

Bandai is a for-profit company looking to sell people stuff. Who in their right mind would give them so much as a dime as a donation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOSBrigade.com
February 2, 2007 0325 PST
Water... water everywhere! Everything is covered in water! WHAT?! A swim club?! I told them they have no time for other activities! Don't make me repeat from last summer what everyone should already know by now!

That's IT! Another VIDEO! I shall have another video next week to gather more people together into my Brigade!! And if they do not finish it in time... It will be Exciting and Fun no matter what happens!!! >
In any case, there's the new message. I'm *so* looking forward to another nonsensical, badly produced video. And it seems I'm supposed to donate to them to help support these videos...
Old 2007-02-02, 15:37   Link #150
Asrialys

I call for their own Hare Hare Yukai dance!
Old 2007-02-02, 16:38   Link #151
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegismode
Just FYI, I'm not sure why Kyon in the blog keep recommending "Collision with Chronos". Maybe the Japanese version Tanigawa read was "better", but it's probably one of the racist book I've ever read. I mean it was full of racist language, especially against the Chinese, if you know what I mean. I think it was intended to expose the "evils of racism" with a backdrop of some weird time-related scifi piece, but reading it closely you can tell just how racist and bias the author is himself. Kyon could have mentioned that the "present" human who 's fighting against the future "aliens" are descendents of the Nazis... oh my goodness I'm so embarrased of owning this sub-standard, racist psudo sci-fi book. Let me put it lightly - it's like L. Ron Hubbard version of "Mein-Kampft" with even worse ending (than Hubbard's books!), only that the intense racism is aimed at Asians. If you're Asian and you're able read this book cover-to-cover and not get angrier than ape-shit, I can only say that you are an extremely mature human being.

Attention Bandai and KadoUSA Marketing Team Members (I know you're reading this): HAVE YOU GUYS READ THE DAMN BOOK? Tanigawa may have loved it but gosh he didn't read the English version with its at least a 1,000 occurance of the racist word "Chink." Please remove this book from being associated with Haruhi, especially to English native speakers. I love Haruhi... please don't tarnish this great anime with this dumb book.

I can't even put this book on my bookshelf... damn I gotta figure out how to return this crap to Amazon...

Just in case I didn't make myself clear - don't buy this book unless you're a closet neo-nazi. If you're real otaku and only buying this crap out of love for Haruhi - don't. I can't believe I'm making comments about white supermists on a forum devoted to Haruhi... gosh, the definition of sacralige to a Haruhiist.

Reading this book has ruined my day. I'm going to go take a shower now and hopefully I can forget this book ever existed.
Close, but no cigar. He was talking about The Fall of Hyperion.
Old 2007-02-02, 18:18   Link #152
aegismode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Close, but no cigar. He was talking about The Fall of Hyperion.
Eh, you visite the myspace site often? It's listed right on under Books as one of Kyon's interests. I even guessed it was "Collision with Chronos" since it was won a Japanese sci-fi award. But he confirmed it with this entry. He talked about this book for 3 blog posts straight and that's why I bought it from Amazon. What a mistake. Please do not read the book.
Old 2007-02-02, 18:22   Link #153
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifience View Post
It's pathetic that they're begging for donations on that page.

Bandai is a for-profit company looking to sell people stuff. Who in their right mind would give them so much as a dime as a donation?

In any case, there's the new message. I'm *so* looking forward to another nonsensical, badly produced video. And it seems I'm supposed to donate to them to help support these videos...
Have you ever realize that's just a tongue of cheek since most fansub tracker sites does the same thing? They're obviously parodying the "ways of the fansubbers".
Old 2007-02-02, 19:12   Link #154
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
I took a double look at that February 2nd posting at the ASOS, but, it's almost as if they were referring to,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-02, 19:26   Link #155
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07

I'll be nearly shocked if that happens!
Old 2007-02-02, 19:47   Link #156
Asrialys

LOL But what order are the showing the episodes? Weren't the R2 DVDs in chronological order? If they use the TV broadcast order, then that 00 episode is most definitely going to shock the unexpected. Are unaware Americans ready for such a thing? lol
Old 2007-02-02, 19:55   Link #157
aegismode

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

I'll be nearly shocked if that happens!
I wouldn't. They have nothing to lose; less popular anime with no certain audience has been shown on TV bofore.. this one has build-in audience. Yeah it's pretty otaku-ish but if you think about it, the story can indeed draw in non-otakus. I mean they won't some of the references but the appreciation of the basic story line needs no otaku background. Heck it may even be a minor hit.
Old 2007-02-02, 20:34   Link #158
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegismode View Post
I wouldn't. They have nothing to lose; less popular anime with no certain audience has been shown on TV bofore.. this one has build-in audience. Yeah it's pretty otaku-ish but if you think about it, the story can indeed draw in non-otakus. I mean they won't some of the references but the appreciation of the basic story line needs no otaku background. Heck it may even be a minor hit.
Mmmmm...maybe not. And tell me, which of these "less popular anime" are you speaking of?
Old 2007-02-02, 21:16   Link #159
Scifience
高校生

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Have you ever realize that's just a tongue of cheek since most fansub tracker sites does the same thing? They're obviously parodying the "ways of the fansubbers".
Yes. Then make the button non-functioning. That would have been funny. Instead, if you click on it, you could actually give them money. It is a fully-functional link to donate money to a PayPal account registered to Bandai.

There's even a lame disclaimer about donations not being tax deductible and about having to be 18 or over to donate. Now tell me what fansub site writes something like that?
Old 2007-02-02, 21:45   Link #160
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yes. Then make the button non-functioning. That would have been funny. Instead, if you click on it, you could actually give them money. It is a fully-functional link to donate money to a PayPal account registered to Bandai.

There's even a lame disclaimer about donations not being tax deductible and about having to be 18 or over to donate. Now tell me what fansub site writes something like that?
Why isn't it funny? It's not like you are forced to give them money or anything.

This is exactly how Haruhi would have done things; things she does may look hilarious to viewers across the forth wall, but to her it is serious business. If you needed to donate in order to access the site, then I will complain. But donations are donations; no one is forcing you to given them money, but what makes you think anyone would reject free money?