AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 11:39   Link #221
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
shanks works as a crew under roger b4. so the theory where the straw hat is onepiece may be true! or else the straw hat wun be so significant thru out the story?!
u should use spoiler tags since u mentioned something from the manga and still not shown in the anime,
anyway the straw hat is important in the story of one piece ... because luffy want to become the pirate king just to return the hat to shanks ... he promised shanks that he will return the hat to him when he become a great pirate (then he said he will become the pirate king).

the straw hat is shanks treasure but he gave it to luffy ... and luffy consider his hat his most important treasure ... so the hat have strong effect on the story since luffy start his adventure because of it..
anyway i don't think it is one piece ... but it could have something to do with reach raftel.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 21:50   Link #222
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
u should use spoiler tags since u mentioned something from the manga and still not shown in the anime,
anyway the straw hat is important in the story of one piece ... because luffy want to become the pirate king just to return the hat to shanks ... he promised shanks that he will return the hat to him when he become a great pirate (then he said he will become the pirate king).

the straw hat is shanks treasure but he gave it to luffy ... and luffy consider his hat his most important treasure ... so the hat have strong effect on the story since luffy start his adventure because of it..
anyway i don't think it is one piece ... but it could have something to do with reach raftel.
the hat is some sort of meaning like being chosen to become a prirate king
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 14:18   Link #223
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnia View Post
shanks works as a crew under roger b4. so the theory where the straw hat is onepiece may be true! or else the straw hat wun be so significant thru out the story?!
So basicly you're calling roger a liar when he said he left one piece at raftel...

I can say you one thing, the chance on the hat beeing one piece is 0% and the chance of it beeing once of Roger is 0% to. And the reason is cause then Buggy wouldn't have ever damaged it but rather steal it from Luffy prolly. Buggy hated the hat cause it belonged to Shanks!! And Buggy would've known as beeing Shanks fellow crewmate.

The only significance the strawhat has is that it's Luffys trademark and cause of the rarity of people wearing strawhats that it makes Luffy recognizable hell a easy. It has no special meaning prolly... Except for Luffy that it belongs to the man that he idolises.

And the Zoro vs Shanks discussion, do you really think that Zoro would just blindly duel Shanks if Luffy wouldn't want it. As long as it's avoidable and Luffy wouldn't want it he won't do it. Zoro has the upmost respect for Luffy... He takes a beating in a bar for him vs the weakest guys (bellamy). If Luffy would order him to step down he'll do it in a flash cause he knows Luffy would never do something that jeopardise his goal. And even if Luffy can't convince Zoro you think he won't be able to convince Shanks who has nothing to gain from the duel? A friendly duel could be possible but then again we never saw just a sparmatch so it won't happen I think.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:53   Link #224
karumofin

i was rewatching the robin flashback recently and a couple of things came to my mind...
first off, did anyone ever think about that strange globe? seems that one piece world has got many different moons, right? i wonder which one eneru went to

but more importantly, the chief librarian said something that made me think. just before he got shot for knowing too much he said that the name of that forgotten country was of great importance, so important that just before he could speak it out he was shot. now i wonder, what could be so important about the name that it needs to be kept secret? i mean, its just the name of the country... so my thinking is that maybe it contains a word.
ever since saulo was revealed to be a D i was sure that its not jsut a family-thing. i mean, thats how you get the D, saulo said that everyone in his family had it, but i generally like to think that what it means is that their ancestors are all from that country. after all, even the rotten blackbeard shares the idea of following ones dream, an ideal that i thnk the world goverment finds dangerous and wants to stop. and thats exactly where i started to wonder, maybe D is short for dream. as in, the country was called dream-something, hinting its philosophy, thereas the D in the names of all people coming from there...
what do you think?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 19:19   Link #225
ellifeedn
Thinker

If any of you have read one of my previous posts in this thread, I had said that if I thought of a way to "complete" Gear 3rd I would post it. Well I just got inspiration.

First, let's explain how it works, then the afteraffect, and finally the solution. Basically, Luffy is blowing air into his bones, making them larger. When he exits it by releasing the contained air, he shrinks to chibi form. I believe he shrinks because he has no control of how much air he's releasing and, if I actually remember my biology class (just barely ), I slightly remember that the insides of bones have air spaces in them, or something, I forget (biology wasn't my best class). And he has to wait until his bones recollect air to bring him back to normal size.

My idea is that instead of air, he should use water as he could control the flow of water more easily than air and, supposidly, it won't shrink him. Tell me what you think.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:14   Link #226
airsBlue

Quote:
My idea is that instead of air, he should use water as he could control the flow of water more easily than air and, supposidly, it won't shrink him. Tell me what you think.
what about his weight ??
gear 3rd have powerful attacks but at the same time it is slow .. if he used water he will get even more slower..
also do u except luffy to carry a water tank with him or ever he go ??
Old 2007-04-17, 03:44   Link #227
shankss
CP10

Quote:
what about his weight ??
gear 3rd have powerful attacks but at the same time it is slow .. if he used water he will get even more slower..
I have a theory about gear four or final..
Luffy takes a deep breath+blows air as gear third..makes his belly giant like+ jumps air then drops all the wieght on poor guy down there saying "gomu gomu no nuclear launch!"

hmm....sounds like a gear three attack anyway - - but mind that luffy mainly using weapon names as attack names: spear-bullet-pistol-bazooka-gattling gun....the final stage would be some mass destruction weapon imo
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 04:39   Link #228
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I slightly remember that the insides of bones have air spaces in them, or something, I forget (biology wasn't my best class).
birds do
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 15:27   Link #229
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
what about his weight ??
You have a point about him being slower, but there would most likely be more air than water since he can only push so much water into his bones before the air in his lungs goes in too. Also, did you forget Mizu Luffy? He could just store water in his body for when he needs it and control how much water he wants to put into his bones. He should store enough water to last him at least 1-2 activations, depending on how long he fights.
Old 2007-04-17, 16:36   Link #230
airsBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You have a point about him being slower, but there would most likely be more air than water since he can only push so much water into his bones before the air in his lungs goes in too. Also, did you forget Mizu Luffy? He could just store water in his body for when he needs it and control how much water he wants to put into his bones. He should store enough water to last him at least 1-2 activations, depending on how long he fights.
do u remember his size when he used mizu luffy ... even though he used a water barrel his size wasn't that huge ... in order to store water to turn him to giant he will need at least 3 or 5 times more than that ... which even if he managed to store his look will be stupid and he will have to use 3rd gear before he do 2nd gear or even his normal attacks ... also if anything hit him or slice him he will lose all water
Old 2007-04-20, 19:14   Link #231
ellifeedn
Thinker

Look, it was only a theory. I don't expect it to be in the story, but it's nice to fantasize about these things every now and then. I do think that if Luffy can control the air when he releases it, it could turn into an attack of sorts. It may come in handy if he faces Smoker again.

Other than that, I have an idea about what could be expected for Gear 4th, if he ever makes one. For the two current gears, jet and gigant, there is a pattern that could be followed for future gears. For one thing, they both end with the letter t. Another thing, jet is one syllable long, gigant is two, so the next one would be three and so on and so forth. One last thing, it describes how his attacks are different from his normal ones. What I mean by that is: with jet his attacks are fast; with gigant his attacks are giant. You want to know something? Now that I think about it, they probably added an extra g to giant inorder to make it sound more like two syllables.

Well that's all I have, for now anyway.
Old 2007-04-28, 16:58   Link #232
kris07

Well I don't see a point in making another gear. He already has one for Speed and Power. What else does he need? I think that the next person to get a boost in power is gonna be Chopper. Everyone else either has some nice new attack or a new more powerful weapon. But not him. I think he's gonna expand the Rumble ball by either making more accessible forms or eliminating the side effects.
kris07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 04:04   Link #233
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris07 View Post
Well I don't see a point in making another gear. He already has one for Speed and Power. What else does he need?
well he could use a gear for intelligence but that would be too much thinking for luffy to handle ...he could call "gear intel"
Old 2007-04-29, 17:03   Link #234
kris07

Luffy, already thinks a lot...........during fights. Maybe he can use that to predict what his opponent will do next.
kris07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 04:52   Link #235
animeffs13240
V for Victory

yeah ur right, that does sound reasonable it'll be like mantra (sky piece arc)
Old 2007-04-30, 20:13   Link #236
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have an idea. Do you know how Zoro has those awesome Iai attacks (Ittouryuu Iai "Shishi Sonson" and Nitouryuu Iai "Rashomon")? What if he had a Santouryuu Iai using his Asura for the extra arms needed? If he could cut steel with one sword, the sea train with two, maybe he could part the ocean from the surface all the way to the bottom for a short time with three.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:50   Link #237
NightShadow

That could very well happen..... I mean
Spoiler:
NightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 12:57   Link #238
ellifeedn
Thinker

Okay, I know that my idea on how to "complete" Gear 3rd in the previous post wasn't the best one, but I may have come up with something better. I still believe that Luffy shrinks because when he's letting out all the extra air in his system, he's deflating his bones in the process and needs time to reinflate those bones with air through breathing. I think that Chopper could develop some kind of a pill that can cause Luffy to absorb air at a faster rate (which may not require him to breathe, but may not happen), dramatically decreasing the time needed to reinflate his bones. Again this is only a theory.
Old 2007-09-25, 20:42   Link #239
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know I'm double posting but it shouldn't be a problem since there's a noticable difference in the date.

Anyway, I was looking around and I noticed something. On the covers of the vol. for One Piece, Luffy was present in all but two of them. Those two are vol.s 21 and 42. On those two we see the big enemy teams the crew face and beat. If a pattern occurs, we should see the next team of big enemies on vol. 63, which should not have Luffy present (assuming the series goes that far).
Old 2007-10-09, 18:42   Link #240
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

a friend of mine was rewatching the series and he saw that when devil fruits were first being explained by axe hand morgan he says " There are devil fruits that can make you breath fire and ones powerful enough to create tsunami's" Now remember that oda likes to foreshadow like sh*t. He is saying this to everyone around him including luffy. So it is foreshadowing luffys families devil fruit abilities. Ace having the power to breath fire. so dragons ability speculated to be control storms/winds could be true since that what could start a tsunami.

Last edited by sanzo; 2008-05-31 at 14:24.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote