AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-10-10, 15:24   Link #281
FireChick

I wonder if anyone's gonna sub this?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 18:58   Link #282
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I wonder if anyone's gonna sub this?
It already has subtitles.
Old 2009-10-10, 22:04   Link #283
LeoXiao
思想工作

I liked this movie. It should've been a series though, the thing felt too episodic.

The whole WW2 thing really appeals to me, and I loved seeing an anime in Russian, though the voices were not too good. The art was really well-done, and the CG was well-applied. However, the characters were often kind of useless and not very well introduced. Nadya was good, but that was about it. As I said, this felt like a first episode. The plot could've used improvement.

Finally, about the documentary clips, I thought they didn't fit, and were annoying the way they were placed right before the action scenes, but I was still able to appreciate them. They did bother with the pacing of the movie, but didn't really ruin it, IMO.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 22:13   Link #284
Vash002
Ready to Boast

This movie was good, I loved mostly the OST.
The documentary clips were kinda good, they sort of messed the flow in some parts, but you can't deny that sometimes they would bring up some interesting stuff.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 00:00   Link #285
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
This movie was good, I loved mostly the OST.
The documentary clips were kinda good, they sort of messed the flow in some parts, but you can't deny that sometimes they would bring up some interesting stuff.
yeah forgot to mention the music was great. and i agree with you about the live-action.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:31   Link #286
konart

It was an interview at afisha.ru

There won't be documentary clips in a version for cinema. Only on DVD. Plus, they were saying something about 4 parts of the movie 0_o

Last edited by konart; 2009-10-11 at 14:17.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:54   Link #287
RGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It already has subtitles.
There are a couple of lines left untranslated in those. I definitely remember a sentence about Baron von Wolff being skipped during that monk's info-dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The whole WW2 thing really appeals to me, and I loved seeing an anime in Russian, though the voices were not too good.
Fingers crossed for a ham free dub that matches the lip-flap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It was an interview at afisha.ru

There won't be documentary clips in a version for cinema. Only on DVD. Plus, thery were saying something about 4 parts of the movie 0_o
Hmm, interesting. 13 episode anime retooled into 4 movies? Yeah, their explanation is somewhat hazy.

In any case, here is that article for anyone to read or google-translate
http://www.afisha.ru/article/5900/
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 17:59   Link #288
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... I hope people don't find me odd that I liked the commentary a la documentary style. Because I'm all in for it.

That said, perhaps I shall list First Squad as a documentary anime instead.

For your information the older generation before me knows the real deal better, because before my time they used to study World History.

During my time though, suddenly it's all National History. Which was a little bit of a letdown because I liked World History more, and back when I was in high school not even the teachers find it fun to teach, but had to manage it somehow.

While these fellow countrymen of mine you just spoke of might do not know how Soviet Union were not allies with Germany during WWII, that doesn't apply to another handful bunch of us including me. Even if we didn't there's the Internet to help, of course.
I would think that your fellow Malaysians, while not experts in the European War, know very much of the Pacific war. Especially along the Malay peninsula and Singapore. It would be hard to forget the British and Japanese occupations(One better than the other).
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:25   Link #289
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I would think that your fellow Malaysians, while not experts in the European War, know very much of the Pacific war. Especially along the Malay peninsula and Singapore. It would be hard to forget the British and Japanese occupations(One better than the other).
Why, of course. These two specific Occupations during the Second World War were heavily mentioned in our today's History textbooks.

Besides there are grandparents of mine who lived through that era so pretty much anything extra I get to learn from them, heh. My late grandmother was an English teacher and once held a political position in the post-War era, so I guess there's more I learnt from that.

Back to the topic, I'm wondering if First Squad are done by parts? There'll be more of it I suppose, since the end seems to be a cliffhanger.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 02:46   Link #290
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Whoo. Good thing the thing stays away from the Asian front. I am literally born out of both sides of the WW2 Pacific campaign. And I keep getting a nagging feeling that some of my grandparents were direct victims, yet I can sort of tell when they apparently were forced to learn multiple languages during that time. Even messier still, I keep getting hints that my ancestors fought the wars directly.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:04   Link #291
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, the Pacific and CBI conflicts can quickly turn sour here.

Anyways, I assume that the series continuation will be determined by the success of this film. As I said, I feel it would be interesting to see paranormal entities fighting in front of the Riechstag and such, lol.
Old 2009-10-12, 21:33   Link #292
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think they're already making a second one.
Old 2009-10-28, 07:50   Link #293
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The anime's actually quite interesting; and the commentss of real people here and there are not as bad, make the whole occulting and bunchs undead soldiers feels more realistic.

I don't know if what they said are fake or not, because other than the comments about 6th Intelligence Division, others are general truth and could be expected to be true
Old 2009-10-28, 16:54   Link #294
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It would be safe to say that you can assume the parts involving the 6th Intel Division as well as the Ahnenerbe SS division are a work of fiction.

Spoiler for Spoilers?: