Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-08-27, 14:30   Link #301
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
Yea i figured as much.......
Lets just go a step beyond and say that siblings & cousins are fair game, in pop culture, at least.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 05:46   Link #302
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

The taboo is almost always sexy.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 18:31   Link #303
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I was reading linn minmei wiki article (no reason for it), and I found the entire Megaroad 1 disappeared in 2016. I'm not a very good macross fan, in fact, I only watched Zero and Frontier. So, I don't know if... there is and official explanation to that disappearence? is it one? And if there isn't one, I was just wondering about it's possible to be related with a large fold "jump", a very, very, very large jump.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:34   Link #304
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

No explanation given and we don't think there will be. I've speculated about that very, very large fold jump as one possible cause actually.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:41   Link #305
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

So it's possible. Ok, thanks a lot :3.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2008-08-28 at 19:42. Reason: horror-graphy
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 21:42   Link #306
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

quick question does anyone knows when the next ost is going to be out?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 21:53   Link #307
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is there any confirmation on how long Frontier will be?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 21:58   Link #308
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is there any confirmation on how long Frontier will be?
25, by various affiliated source materials in Japan.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-02, 00:07   Link #309
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
25, by various affiliated source materials in Japan.

- Tak
But who knows about a season 2... ^^
Old 2008-09-02, 07:26   Link #310
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
But who knows about a season 2... ^^
I'd say stop it before it starts sucking.

Like Code Geass R2. Last several episodes were a mess.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-02, 07:51   Link #311
magnuskn

Quote:
I'd say stop it before it starts sucking.

Like Code Geass R2. Last several episodes were a mess.

- Tak
Which could well be because Geass always was dramatically overblown? I´ll expect more WTF moments from their last 4 episodes, that´s for sure.

Frontier has much tighter plotting and relies much less on "Oh, shocking!" moments than Geass. A second season could be done easily.

The only problem I could see is on how to continue with the character arcs. Contrary to the overall plot, they seem to be heading towards their conclusion.
Old 2008-09-02, 15:41   Link #312
Tak

Code Geass R2 was doing just fine in the beginning, until they introduced way too many characters and way too much side plots that ultimately distorted the series in its entirety. Besides, how many Geass episodes were fillers? Many.

Macross could suffer from the same problems. Moreover, just exactly how we are going to continue Frontier's story? Which character should we focus on? Certainly many of us, and I suspect, fans in Japan are near the breaking point of exhaustion from the triangle.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-02, 16:08   Link #313
magnuskn

Quote:
Code Geass R2 was doing just fine in the beginning, until they introduced way too many characters and way too much side plots that ultimately distorted the series in its entirety. Besides, how many Geass episodes were fillers? Many.

Macross could suffer from the same problems. Moreover, just exactly how we are going to continue Frontier's story? Which character should we focus on? Certainly many of us, and I suspect, fans in Japan are near the breaking point of exhaustion from the triangle.

- Tak
As for the story, that is very easy. Keep Galaxy as the threat in the shadows until this season ends, let them make their move in the last episode. The Vajra go bye-bye in a hail of Dimension Eaters, Frontier narrowly escapes.

Next season it´s full-out war between humans and cyborgs, with the whole Macross universe getting involved. If that seems a bit on the big scale, the Zentraedi wiped out 99% of humanity in the original series.

As for where the characters could go... that´s where it gets a bit more difficult. The triangle should by any means be resolved this season, so it´s not unreasonable to introduce a bunch of new characters for the next season.

Or focus on secondary characters like Klan, who has a pretty big following already.
Spoiler for Spoilers:
, so the obvious choice is to keep Alto and Sheryl more in the background, and let Ranka get into another love triangle, after she finally has grown up some ( in all senses ).

Introduce some more characters from the other fleets, because we´d probably see things first from the pure human side.

As for where music comes in, let the cyborgs be pretty emotionless ( y'know, like Brera, but even less emotional ) and the right kind of music helps them recover their humanity, so that we get a Macross solution to the conflict by seasons end.

This was now all a bit incoherent, but I need to get to bed and didn´t have much time to put my thoughts in order. If you so desire, I can write it down a bit more organized tomorrow evening. ^^
Old 2008-09-02, 19:20   Link #314
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh
I was reading linn minmei wiki article (no reason for it), and I found the entire Megaroad 1 disappeared in 2016. I'm not a very good macross fan, in fact, I only watched Zero and Frontier. So, I don't know if... there is and official explanation to that disappearence? is it one? And if there isn't one, I was just wondering about it's possible to be related with a large fold "jump", a very, very, very large jump.
Spoiler for nonsense:

Yup there were no official confirmation on what caused the megaroad's disappearance.

As a side note Flashback 2012 was constantly being played over and over so that people would think that megaroad and Minmei is still alive, and also so that the people would not be afraid to go to a colonization ship.
----------

Well as for the a Macross Frontier season 2, yes it is highly posssible because there would only be a short time to unravel the vajra mystery and galaxy and the love triangle resolution. Everything will fill rushed if it were to end at ep 25 and there would gaping holes and cracks on the story. As for the love triangle they could introduce another character(ducks and hides) like an original Vajra queen then she would get attached to Alto...... okay i'm going to escape now....

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-02 at 19:30.
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 20:47   Link #315
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:

- Tak
I duno R2 is pretty good,I mean its no worse than MF wondering between stupid random SOL moments, I think R2 would ave been better if they add more story to the sub plots and padded the 2X show by 10ish eps.

Then again the trouble with filler its either good or horrible...
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 21:20   Link #316
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I duno R2 is pretty good,I mean its no worse than MF wondering between stupid random SOL moments, I think R2 would ave been better if they add more story to the sub plots and padded the 2X show by 10ish eps.

Then again the trouble with filler its either good or horrible...
Episode 19 ~ 21 has some of the worst pacing in a popular anime franchise. It took only 5 minutes before big bro convinced the Black Knights (which consist of morons in its entirety) that Lulu is supposedly evil. Never mind that the BKs never even bothered giving Lulu a chance for an explanation and wanted to execute him on the spot. Do the Black Knights lack basic, proper logical intelligence, or what?

Then it took just one episode for a huge unsurprising revelation, a recycled Destiny Plan, M. Bison/Shining Finger and Lulu's seat on the Imperial throne. All in just 20 minutes minus the opening and ending credits. Are you catching your breath? Me too.

And what of Lulu himself? This guy is a recycled Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes (an epic series that no one should miss), complete with some form of sister complex, an unofficial asexual, and has a preference for red-haired best friend/aide de camp.

Never mind that they had the same goal, a goal spawned from their upbringing, and as of right now, Lulu just accomplished what Reinhard thought was his life-long ambition. Although big bro is hardly Lulu's Yang Wen-Li.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-02 at 22:01.
Old 2008-09-02, 22:37   Link #317
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Episode 19 ~ 21 has some of the worst pacing in a popular anime franchise. It took only 5 minutes before big bro convinced the Black Knights (which consist of morons in its entirety) that Lulu is supposedly evil. Never mind that the BKs never even bothered giving Lulu a chance for an explanation and wanted to execute him on the spot. Do the Black Knights lack basic, proper logical intelligence, or what?

Then it took just one episode for a huge unsurprising revelation, a recycled Destiny Plan, M. Bison/Shining Finger and Lulu's seat on the Imperial throne. All in just 20 minutes minus the opening and ending credits. Are you catching your breath? Me too.

And what of Lulu himself? This guy is a recycled Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes (an epic series that no one should miss), complete with some form of sister complex, an unofficial asexual, and has a preference for red-haired best friend/aide de camp.

Never mind that they had the same goal, a goal spawned from their upbringing, and as of right now, Lulu just accomplished what Reinhard thought was his life-long ambition. Although big bro is hardly Lulu's Yang Wen-Li.

- Tak
They short changed more than a couple eps, they are rushing to fit it into a 2X format which it really needed a 3X format to really do the show justice.

Even so it's not "bad".

gaaa I need to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I have it on my lsit tho.

Lulu itself...er...himself *hides from the fangirls* is not to bad the asexaul bit is perhaps overplayed but look at the character type a few other characters are not overtly sexual they have to many issues to worry about sex and issues+mental stress lowers blushing to a minimum, he could be more blunt about euphy and such it was a accident but I guess he is bearing the burden and that will aid in corrupting his character donw the line if he is not careful.

AS for the BKs joining with the big mac... ... ... did I just say that?

Anyway Ogi is has issues on 2 fronts 1 is Zero=Lulu+ geass the other is whats her name he is stressed out and might be losing it, the BKs themselfs do not know how many of freyas the empire has that(which is heavily under played) and the other is Zero=Lulu+ geass , while the meeting could have been handled better they postponed further discussions so they are still in a temp truce.

R2 is like a really good wine with a bad after taste and depending on how it plays out it might one of those lingering ones, and MF is like one of those wines or drinks that kicks you in the mouth now and then its good but funky, I hope they clean it up and have a solid ending...I don't want other MZ happening....
Old 2008-09-02, 22:46   Link #318
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
They short changed more than a couple eps, they are rushing to fit it into a 2X format which it really needed a 3X format to really do the show justice.

Even so it's not "bad".

gaaa I need to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes, I have it on my lsit tho.

Lulu itself...er...himself *hides from the fangirls* is not to bad the asexaul bit is perhaps overplayed but look at the character type a few other characters are not overtly sexual they have to many issues to worry about sex and issues+mental stress lowers blushing to a minimum, he could be more blunt about euphy and such it was a accident but I guess he is bearing the burden and that will aid in corrupting his character donw the line if he is not careful.
Just watch LoGH and notice the similarities between it and CG yourself, there are plenty to be found.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-02, 23:05   Link #319
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Just watch LoGH and notice the similarities between it and CG yourself, there are plenty to be found.

- Tak
In the past year or so as I have been more creative I have found out what they say about everythign comes from everythign else is quite true.

The question is, is that which is before me worth my time? Out of the few anime I have turned my nose up to or dismissed is DMC(has a crappy theme and lolis out of no where) and Golgo 13(dislike the theme) both for different reasons.

My point being no matter how much better something else is it dose not take away from the "something" something else has

In my pooy opinion CG r1/r2 is good and no matter how they end r2 it will still be worthy of my time.
Old 2008-09-03, 00:53   Link #320
magnuskn

I take it then there is no interest to see what I think a second season could look like. ^^ Good, saves me some time this evening.

Tags
q&a