Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-16, 23:15   Link #41
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
I know that having scythes would make for a great accessory in the toy department, but in battle why would anyone want to use a scythe? A laser sword I can understand, but a scythe? If they had given the scythe a laser edge instead of just pure metal, that would have made a little more sense.......well, carrying a scythe around doesn't seem natural in a battle field.....
You're talking about Forbidden, right...because I'm sure Abyss carries a halberd

Haha, I still remember good ol' Gundam's silly hammer javelin...why use that stupid piece of junk when you have the trusty beam saber and the FORCE!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 23:41   Link #42
wao
OK.

Gah, I watched episode 2...

Bewarned, I am not in a very good state of mind and I'm just going to rant angrily/passionately for most part in this post ._.;.
I also hope you don't mind me not using spoiler tags because if you came into this thread you should expect phase 2 discussion, if you haven't watched it or won't watch it withotu subs then don't come in, is what I say.

I really don't know what to say about the newtype flash thing. I can't say I know a lot about Gundam seeing as SEED is the only Gundam series I've watched, but I do remember Fukuda did say that Mwu and Cruz (I don't like Creuset :x) having Newtype flash thingies is because they were the last 2 Newtypes or something.
Either he's gone back on that (I won't discount that as a possibility, really), or... the obvious alternative is that Rey and Neo are Mwu and Cruz -_-;;;;;;;;;;;
Neo is also very pwn in a Mobile Armour. Reminds me of someone...
I'm going to run out of sweat to make sweatdrops with, honestly speaking.... Oh well, I'll probably get over this, I bet they do this all the time for such shows

Also, while it did hit in that Stellar was REALLY scared of death, somehow, I thought it was very awkward and didn't fit in. Then again, you can't expect the same kind of reaction from them that you'd expect from normal humans.... Still, I felt a bit "uh, that's weird" when Aule said "You're gonna die here" (Or somethign like that) and she went all O_O and whimpy the rest of the episode. Stellar sqeuaks. I think it's funny...

We hear Talia's voice more in this ep. I don't really like it. It hardly fit and it reminds me of the dub voice for Murrue we have for SEED in Singapore (I don't know if it's the same as the one for the US. Anyone watches SEED on TVMobile, you'd know what I'm talking about). She doesn't sound commanding enough and there seems to be a bit of a pause before she speaks which is just... meh. I'm being picky here, though.

I didn't hear much of Toshihiko Seki's voice (as Rey) here though, but it was good. I think 90% of the time he said "Shin" though. Rey sure hates talking.
And hearing Maaya Sakamoto angry was pretty nice.
Whee!

Oh yeah, I want to kick Cagalli. Since when DID she get such a weak image? (Perhaps because she hasn't had that much war experience and whatever battle exp she has had has worn off by now after being "inactive" for so long?) Her head was hit so I guess I can understand why she'd accidentally mention Athrun's real name.
Old 2004-10-17, 00:48   Link #43
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

About there being more Newtypes like Rey:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-17, 01:27   Link #44
xLightSlayerx

Bothering me for a while but, why are Kira and Athrun fighting in the opening O_o
xLightSlayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:29   Link #45
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLightSlayerx
Bothering me for a while but, why are Kira and Athrun fighting in the opening O_o
No, that's Kira vs Shinn...and the reason I'm guessing is most likely that Freedom's stray shots accidentally killed Shinn's family...so REVENGE ANGST GUILT OMG~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
About there being more Newtypes like Rey:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:32   Link #46
xLightSlayerx

lol.....I just noticed that before you posted XD they looked alike for a second X_x
xLightSlayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:46   Link #47
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
man cant wait for the raw to finish downloading...so hyper now!!!!!!!!
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:50   Link #48
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
btw ppl where do u dl the RAWs from?

and to deacon blues: is UKE going to haev the subbed version soon?
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:57   Link #49
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The romanji is something like "zin arekusu dinumu"... "Zin Alex Denim?" Dunno.
Have you seen it written down somewhere? It was a hard to hear sentence, but I think he said something like 'Ore wa tsure no Alex Dinou', meaning something along the lines of 'I'm Alex Dinou, accompanying her'.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 02:23   Link #50
wao
OK.

I heard it as "zuin arekusu dinou". I'm 90% sure there was no "re".
Old 2004-10-17, 02:46   Link #51
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
Okay, I finished watching the raw...

*drools*
... OMG!!! This episode is x10 the addiction than the first!!! OMG! Damn Japanese media! Damn it all! I WANT EP 3 ! xD
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 02:50   Link #52
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
How much time/% did they say was left in Impulse's battery? I got the impression that they mentioned something about that one of the times they shifted to the Minerva's bridge.
She said he has enough power left for 3 minutes at the most.

EDIT: Eh, it was 300 afterall. Probably means seconds.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 03:39   Link #53
DwArD
mAnIaC

Aww...if only Kira was there. He would have done something to Chaos bits as well as Neo's bits. Seems like Shinn has a long long way to go. On the other hand, Kira is the ultimate coordinator, so maybe it'll take time for Shinn to reach Kira's standard.
Old 2004-10-17, 03:51   Link #54
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Aww...if only Kira was there. He would have done something to Chaos bits as well as Neo's bits. Seems like Shinn has a long long way to go. On the other hand, Kira is the ultimate coordinator, so maybe it'll take time for Shinn to reach Kira's standard.
And not forget Athrun

I wonder will Shinn go into Seed mode?
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 04:04   Link #55
wao
OK.

Nos!! We must keep it within THE FOUR! ... Well, if not, we could always throw him in, and create a pentagram. Ooh, Otogizoushi.

Nooo, if he's being all SEEDlike, we have to have another new character go SEED. Either Rey or Lunamaria. Heck, let's make it Lunamaria. You know, the love square now goes Stellar-Shinn-Rey-Lunamaria...

Then again, I heard "Destiny" is ALSO an acronym. Well beat that Kira, if Shinn turns SEED DESTINY on everyone... GASP. What's going to happen, his eyes will make friends with the gradient tool... maybe his face will too?
Old 2004-10-17, 04:09   Link #56
Blaat

Maybe their hair will turn gold with a flashy golden aura surrounding them?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 04:12   Link #57
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Nos!! We must keep it within THE FOUR! ... Well, if not, we could always throw him in, and create a pentagram. Ooh, Otogizoushi.

Nooo, if he's being all SEEDlike, we have to have another new character go SEED. Either Rey or Lunamaria. Heck, let's make it Lunamaria. You know, the love square now goes Stellar-Shinn-Rey-Lunamaria...

Then again, I heard "Destiny" is ALSO an acronym. Well beat that Kira, if Shinn turns SEED DESTINY on everyone... GASP. What's going to happen, his eyes will make friends with the gradient tool... maybe his face will too?
ROFL......That would be so

Wait! Maybe Shinn's Seed is a special one? Saiyan Seed? lol
Old 2004-10-17, 04:19   Link #58
wao
OK.

KAMEHAMEHA GUNDAM ATTACK THINGY! Goodness! That'd REALLY draw in the crowds, wouldn't it?!!

And I know!! Lunamaria can have the same SEED DESTINY POWERUP and she can turn into MAGICAL DESTINY GIRL LUNA!!! And if she has a Gundam it can do a transformation thing too. Hey, you can even incorporate the magic hairclip, the magic Striker Pack, and... ooh, it Phase-Shifts to a shiny pink...

But you know, if I ever could animate Gundams I'd make an animation where the Strike Rouge powers up into something like... oh bah, hold on. I'll go try find a pic of Strike Rouge and edit it.
Old 2004-10-17, 04:20   Link #59
Evan
天使我爱你

Let's not go off topic for now
Old 2004-10-17, 04:43   Link #60
wao
OK.

Yeah, heh. I'm getting a bit carried away. ...

What else is there to discuss, hmm.

What do you think ZAFT thinks about Athrun? We never saw what ZAFT in general thought about Athrun because he deserted them and so on.
Furthermore, I do feel kind of sorry for Cagalli because she'll have to deal with the many ex-Orb people who are dissatisfied with Uzumi Nala Attha's choice, even thoguh they don't understand it. I think Shinn is one of these people.