Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 18:17   Link #4321
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, I'm now 70% likely not going to watch the Super Bowl. Hate the Patriots, love the Ravens. If the Giants get in, I'm 100% not watching.
Giants-Pats bowl coming up. Line up a few episodes of your favorite anime for that day, cuz it's happening.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:19   Link #4322
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Seriously though, outside of the interception and 4th and 6, Flacco played well and was clutch that last drive.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:19   Link #4323
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

That was an epic choke. First the drop then the miss. Wow...but yeah, Brady wasn't just off, but OFF this game. No TDs, 2 picks, one certainly on him (the first). If the Pats are this off in the super bowl, they're dead in the water.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:20   Link #4324
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Seriously though, outside of the interception and 4th and 6, Flacco played well and was clutch that last drive.
Flacco was clutch all game. The only fail on the Ravens was Cundiff. They played a great game, only part I didn't respect was my (probably biased) perception of them trying to get some injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans will be left in Boston tonight! Sterling Moore is the hero.
Sterling Moore... who'dve thought. I'm pretty sure he was one of the guys who didn't even have a video introducing himself on that Monday night game.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:23   Link #4325
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah, New England doesn't rely on magical mystic ...
Old 2012-01-22, 18:23   Link #4326
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Flacco was clutch all game. The only fail on the Ravens was Cundiff. They played a great game, only part I didn't respect was my (probably biased) perception of them trying to get some injuries.
The Bernard Pollard tackle was clean, ankles getting rolled on is nothing news. The Ray Lewis play. . . I don't know if intentional or not.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:24   Link #4327
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Yeah, New England doesn't rely on magical mystic ...
Suck it
Old 2012-01-22, 18:29   Link #4328
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod
Brady wasn't just off, but OFF this game.
He can't throw the deep ball worth a $hit (The biggest secret in history it appears)...Without his YACyards TE's taking 3 yd passes then doing video game moves, I was ready pounce on the game he had today...Except for stealing Drew Breesus' QB sneak jump, he was low grade today...

sniperdarts @ Lee Evans BTW...
Old 2012-01-22, 18:31   Link #4329
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
He can't throw the deep ball worth a $hit (The biggest secret in history it appears)...Without his YACyards TE's taking 3 yd passes then doing video game moves, I was ready pounce on the game he had today...Except for stealing Drew Breesus' QB sneak jump, he was low grade today...

Too bad ole Drew don't have 15 postseason wins huh?
Old 2012-01-22, 18:33   Link #4330
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Really not mad since I don't like the Ravens either, but I kinda went for them when I thought they would do it in the end...But I need atleast one team to hate in the Superbowl so I was cool with them winning...I've maintained with my friends allweek that I would rather hate the Pats than cheer the Ravens in the SB...

Now if the Giants lose that's 2 teams to hate, and all will be lost for me...
Old 2012-01-22, 18:36   Link #4331
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I knew there was a reason I slept in and missed the Patriots-Ravens game...If I had seen how that ended, I'd be fuming so much...

Flacco was clean and the Ravens messed up Brady. Unfortunately, certain people choked instead...

Well, I now throw my support behind whoever wins out of the Giants and 49ers! Which is about to start.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:40   Link #4332
Kyuu
=^^=

Patriots got lucky.

As for Giants-Niners. Really won't care who wins here. Just the team that wins - better take care of the Patriots. That is all.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:48   Link #4333
Slick_rick

I feel sorry for that kicker. I figured he was in for a big letdown if he had to kick again when they decided not to let him kick that 50yd field right near the end. That's worse than icing a kicker, imo, because they showed that they didn't trust him in a clutch situation. He had to have that on his mind for last couple minutes of the game, which was probably 10 or 15 mins in real time. Either way, that play is going to be remembered for a long time by his Ravens.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:48   Link #4334
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That's not his call.

I don't care how good he is kick-offs, Cundiff has to go.

This really sucks...
still a bad call imo
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:53   Link #4335
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I feel sorry for that kicker. I figured he was in for a big letdown if he had to kick again when they decided not to let him kick that 50yd field right near the end. That's worse than icing a kicker, imo, because they showed that they didn't trust him in a clutch situation. He had to have that on his mind for last couple minutes of the game, which was probably 10 or 15 mins in real time. Either way, that play is going to be remembered for a long time by his Ravens.
he made like one 50+ yard fg all year.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:58   Link #4336
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Cundiff was 16/17 in the 4th quarter prior to this game.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:00   Link #4337
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In all honesty, Cundiff has missed on at least 5 occassions this year on very gettable field goals - mainly 1st half ones, but those can bite you bad later on. At that level, you can't afford that when that ends up being the difference towards being a Superbowl team and a conference team. Sounds somewhat cruel, but when Akers, Crosby and the like are as fluent as they are and only have 1-2 misses in a year...

Meanwhile - BAM! Vernon Davis gets us going! 7-0 49ers!
Old 2012-01-22, 19:01   Link #4338
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Quote:
^Really not mad since I don't like the Ravens either, but I kinda went for them when I thought they would do it in the end...But I need atleast one team to hate in the Superbowl so I was cool with them winning...I've maintained with my friends allweek that I would rather hate the Pats than cheer the Ravens in the SB...

Now if the Giants lose that's 2 teams to hate, and all will be lost for me...
At least you aren't trolled as easily are you're willing to troll others, I respect that

Funny to see all the Pats hate... I've come to accept it and just laugh it off but really... Anyone hear Brady's postgame speech? He admitted he sucked and credited the D with the win. I don't see why people hate him so much, he genuinely seems like a humble guy for all he's accomplished.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:03   Link #4339
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
In all honesty, Cundiff has missed on at least 5 occassions this year on very gettable field goals. At that level, you can't afford that when that ends up being the difference towards being a Superbowl team and a conference team.
So, in short: that track record comes right back here to bite him at one of the most critical of critical moments.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:05   Link #4340
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Gronkowski may be the toughest TE, but Davis is the fastest...yikes, he just utterly scorched the coverage that play.

Damn, it's wet in San Francisco tonight...

Tags
american football, sports