AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-11, 23:00   Link #1
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Nanami-chan

Here's another short-episode series. I almost always like these.

This one is very nice. It's being done to celebrate NHK satellite channel's 15th anniversary; Nanami-chan was cooked up as a mascot.

The show is visually a bit richer than some recent offerings like Dogtato-kun or Ocha-ken, but seems more laid-back in its pacing. While it's more of a children's show than a mad otaku-fest like Di Gi Charat, it's got a decent amount of imagination and whimsy going for it.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-06-16 at 05:28.
Old 2004-06-11, 23:08   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

She has the coolest house ever. I would love to move there. ^^
Old 2004-06-13, 18:19   Link #3
FarthingRedFox

I like this series
It's REALLY pleseant to watch (mainly like Dogtato-kun & Ocha-Ken)
Old 2004-06-16, 05:28   Link #4
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Episode 4 definitely r'ared back and flang in some things I wasn't expecting! Some of these characters were lurking in #3 but we didn't get a chance to meet them. The pace was certainly different from the previous eps.

I hope the creators can build on this sort of thing.
Old 2004-06-16, 10:55   Link #5
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Nanami chan is pretty fun to watch but I sort of think the characters are ugly with big heads but the house is cool. Nanami is cute, looks like a bun to me. Ocha-ken is nice, reminds me of the kogepan style anime. Dogtato, bored me to death... romancey vegetables. Nanami ... i wonder how many episodes could they create.
Old 2004-06-16, 13:05   Link #6
Fronzel
Schmuck

The humans look a litle weird, but it's a nice little show.
Old 2004-08-09, 04:36   Link #7
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I am still enjoying this series very much. Hats off to Froth-Bite, the only group to take the series on. I like their font choice for the subtitles. It's a very good match for the tone and look of the show.

I like the gimmick of the tree and the way it ties the little community together. It's a good setup for the related gimmick of having Nanami and Michi drop in on everyone at different times.

Michi has turned out to be a rather impulsive little girl (looks like she turned 9 in episode 12). On her own she is sort of a brat actually, but she makes a good team with Nanami.

It's funny in a scary way to see Michi's father say "It's my fault?" everytime something goes wrong. He seems more likely to have a kid like Nanami than one like Michi, who definitely takes after her mom...
Closed Thread