AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 50 51.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 33.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.02%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-10, 02:03   Link #21
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, come on. You donīt let the leg of your variable fighter be blown off to "play around". Really, now.
No you don't, but when you play around, chances are you're underestimating your opponent, wich can result in some nasty shit, like getting the leg of your VF-27 getting blown off.
Old 2008-07-10, 02:18   Link #22
SymphonicRain

Go Queen Sheryl! Save Ranka's butt!

The Princess will owe you a bedtime fun for this one!
Old 2008-07-10, 02:44   Link #23
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

I never expected Alto to win unless he displayed the kind of cleaver trickery he utilized in Episode 9. After all, Macross protagonists are never the best pilots

- Tak
Isamu would have major issues with you Tak.
Old 2008-07-10, 02:49   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Raises the question, who IS the best Pilot in the Macross series.
hmmz maybe something for in one of the general topics
Max than Millia, the rest don't matter though I'm partial to Isamu.
Old 2008-07-10, 02:55   Link #25
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Max than Millia, the rest don't matter though I'm partial to Isamu.
I'd say Max as well

Max: Was/is a tactical genius, superb flying and insight, beat his wife multiple times (while dogfighting damnit :P )
Milia: Excelent ace, ruthless and maybe a bit overconfident, (probably what caused her to lose from Max
Roy: Ace pilot before he got pineappled was there from the start in VF developement so basicly it was an extension of his body so to speak, yet not as good as Max imo.
Shin: As a pilot he was an ace dogfighter but in the VF he wasn't al that, not enough training perhaps in the 2 other valk modes.
Isamu: Reckless but an ace nonetheless has superb flying instinct, pulls of some ipmressive flying but his temper causes him to lose his edge sometimes.
Guld: Advantage of flying with his brainwavethingie, first (partlyl)human to beat out on the X9 ghost, even though he paid a high price to do so.
Ozma: Havent seen much action yet, is supposed to be an ace in the few shots we get to see him
Klein: Also highly skilled, doesnt have Miria's ruthlessness, still Alto gets a few hits in during the dummy fight (maybe she was holding back?)
Alto: Has potential, but still to careless, takes to many hits.
Gamlin: Trained by Milia does nifty stuff, and has some impressive moves. though Max himself states that he is good, he's not as good as Max used to be

Max just has the best numbers and he never loses his cool
Old 2008-07-10, 03:21   Link #26
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

This is gonna be talked about...
Old 2008-07-10, 07:02   Link #27
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I'd say Max as well

Max: Was/is a tactical genius, superb flying and insight, beat his wife multiple times (while dogfighting damnit :P )
Milia: Excelent ace, ruthless and maybe a bit overconfident, (probably what caused her to lose from Max
Roy: Ace pilot before he got pineappled was there from the start in VF developement so basicly it was an extension of his body so to speak, yet not as good as Max imo.
Shin: As a pilot he was an ace dogfighter but in the VF he wasn't al that, not enough training perhaps in the 2 other valk modes.
Isamu: Reckless but an ace nonetheless has superb flying instinct, pulls of some ipmressive flying but his temper causes him to lose his edge sometimes.
Guld: Advantage of flying with his brainwavethingie, first (partlyl)human to beat out on the X9 ghost, even though he paid a high price to do so.
Ozma: Havent seen much action yet, is supposed to be an ace in the few shots we get to see him
Klein: Also highly skilled, doesnt have Miria's ruthlessness, still Alto gets a few hits in during the dummy fight (maybe she was holding back?)
Gamlin: Trained by Milia does nifty stuff, and has some impressive moves. though Max himself states that he is good, he's not as good as Max used to be

You guys are seriously forgetting one person.

DD Ivanov, of Macross Zero. That was the one guy Roy couldn't beat. He died by ways of suicide, otherwise he was toying with Roy for kicks.

He was the one pilot in Macross who never wrecked his fighter. Well, until he smacked himself silly against Protoculture. I'd say he'd give Max a run for his money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Isamu would have major issues with you Tak.
I am not mistaken. Isamu almost had it coming, but Guld saved his life. Otherwise, he almost lost to an AI.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:29   Link #28
.Mero

Quote:
You guys are seriously forgetting one person.

DD Ivanov, of Macross Zero. That was the one guy Roy couldn't beat. He died by ways of suicide, otherwise he was toying with Roy for kicks.

He was the one pilot in Macross who never wrecked his fighter. Well, until he smacked himself silly against Protoculture. I'd say he'd give Max a run for his money.

I am not mistaken. Isamu almost had it coming, but Guld saved his life. Otherwise, he almost lost to an AI.

- Tak
Ah yeah Ivanov, my bad Roy never could surpass his teacher
Old 2008-07-10, 07:30   Link #29
Slick_rick

Quote:
I'd say Max as well

You're forgetting another person too, Basara. His non-violence beliefs shouldn't take after from the fact he piloted while singing and playing the guitar and out-matched all of his opponents. I'd say he'd give Max and Milia a run for their money.

He's a protagonist who's one of the best pilots for the entire Macross franchise.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:35   Link #30
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
You're forgetting another person too, Basara. His non-violence beliefs shouldn't take after from the fact he piloted while singing and playing the guitar and out-matched all of his opponents. I'd say he'd give Max and Milia a run for their money.

He's a protagonist who's one of the best pilots for the entire Macross franchise.
Max stated that Basara was no match for him, while Milia was actually teaching Basara how to maneuver through urban areas and proper valkyrie operations because Basara kept on hitting skyscrapers

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:47   Link #31
Slick_rick

Quote:
Max stated that Basara was no match for him, while Milia was actually teaching Basara how to maneuver through urban areas and proper valkyrie operations because Basara kept on hitting skyscrapers

- Tak
Don't remember Max saying that but I'll take your word. Sounds like Max being Max though. Don't think he believes anyone is as good as him which one of the reasons he's such an awesome character. Also we have to remember that Basara was playing singing and playing a guitar while fighting. Maneuvering around urban areas is difficult to begin with and it was probably the first time he had to deal with it. At least Milia and Max could kill their opponents to make it easier he had to just evade them endlessly.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:48   Link #32
.Mero

Didn't Basera wreck Milia's VF-1? (been a while since i've seen M7)
Old 2008-07-10, 07:51   Link #33
Slick_rick

Quote:
That was Gamlin, who wreaked it.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:51   Link #34
Tak

Quote:
Nah, that was Gamlin. And ever since, Milia has been bitching about it.

Quote:
At least Milia and Max could kill their opponents to make it easier he had to just evade them endlessly.
That scene is endlessly funny, because you know, Basara is a rather conceited hotshot. He deserves a good ass-whoppin', coming from Milia, no less!

- Tak

Old 2008-07-10, 07:54   Link #35
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Also we have to remember that Basara was playing singing and playing a guitar while fighting.
Not just that, he was ignoring g fores by being able to belt out the toons while doing such maneuvers! There's a reason why Basara is never listed among the best Macross pilots, because it's bullshit.
Old 2008-07-10, 07:56   Link #36
.Mero

Ah Gamlin right, i should review M7 again ^^
He's lucky she didn't tear him a new one for that :P
Old 2008-07-10, 08:03   Link #37
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Not just that, he was ignoring g fores by being able to belt out the toons while doing such maneuvers! There's a reason why Basara is never listed among the best Macross pilots, because it's bullshit.
Doesn't change the fact that he did it in the show. I think fold technology and stopping wars with singing is bullshit but who am I to argue with Macross canon.
Old 2008-07-10, 08:59   Link #38
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
Ah Gamlin right, i should review M7 again ^^
He's lucky she didn't tear him a new one for that :P
Oh she laid it on thick afte ward and jacked one of the diamond forces' VF-17s as compensation :P

Not to mention she somehow got her hands on of the experimetnal VF-22's

It was like someone getting their classic car wrecked and then said person got a porche and then a Lamborghini Renton as compensation

Also best pilots? Well i gotta agree Max and DD. Man that would be an awesome fight.
Old 2008-07-10, 10:37   Link #39
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

- Tak
How did Guld save his life?

Sound's like someone is trying to re-write history. Taking lessons from ani_d?

I hate how I'll be at work while this episode airs, and won't be able to read about it until at least 5:30ish Pacific time tonight.
Old 2008-07-10, 11:15   Link #40
Tsuchiro

awww.. episode 14 delayed by 30mins
Closed Thread