AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 01:15   Link #2221
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Yosh!! Finally My exams are over!! Yah!!
Woah!! Lots of posts to wade through. @_@
Lots of nice stories and some new characters

@ Issue of Balance and Skill:
Well, from a quick view, I have to agree with most of the points. It may not be my place to say but in terms of skill set, most are getting a bit too good although that's pretty natural since I believe all of us want what's best for our characters and we're all powergamers at heart.
Hmm.. on another note I'm not sure whether to feel sad or glad on that point about Tais for being so... weak
Looks like its time for a minor buff for him. Maybe I'll get him to take an exam (Urgh!!!) to up his ranking and some upgrades to his equipment.
Old 2007-06-19, 01:23   Link #2222
Satty
Slash!

@Aaron: Man, Liana's health drink....that gives me an idea.

Spoiler for Health drinks, HA HA!:

Just something I wanted to make right now....
Old 2007-06-19, 01:29   Link #2223
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post

I don't know exactly what happened, but I had a heartily laugh after reading it. Looks like Vincent isn't as strong as he looks.
Old 2007-06-19, 02:07   Link #2224
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Spoiler for shortened for length:

A short, random blurb from me. :X

USB500 - I think it's a reference to Kususha's infamous drinks in the SRWOG universe. IIRC there's only a couple men that can stand up to her drink, and the characters in that game often advise each other on avoiding her drink, and they often make up ludicrous excuses to get away from Kususha when she offers them this nutrition drink.
Old 2007-06-19, 02:41   Link #2225
Erio
Hiromi

Well, I managed to squeeze a few internet minutes before going out, so here I continue the discussion.

OK, first, I'd like to apologize to An Hero in Disguise, as apparently the way I explained myself led everyone to believe that I want Serge nerfed. Personally, I dont. In any universe there are people better than others, and in Serge's case it is because of his innate ability of Flow Manipulation, an ability that An Hero explained to be extremely rare. Serge may very well be the only person alive with such ability. Also, Serge can very well be that "last boss" every other OC is planning to beat at some point. The idea that I really wanted to portray was the fact that Serge is only 2 years old than our Aces, yet at the time of the battle against the Aces, he was so much more experienced than them, being able to defeat them one by one without much problem.

Also, an apology to Kha. I mentioned Kha because he was also an very well developed character for his age. I never mentioned that he was overpowered. In fact, I believe he is very well balanced. I only mentioned him because I wanted to know how Kha fights battles... maybe I should have left this comment for another time, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Well, Serge actually has one unique ability which he uses in different ways - that is Flow Manipulation And unlike most of the characters here he can't level a city with it But it provides huge advantages fighting against other magic users. I'll write more when I'm free.
Yup, he only has one unique ability. However, such ability is so damn awesome (believe me, I really like it) that he can counterattack everything. What was really intriguing to me is how well thought up his skills set is. Serge surely had a lot of combat experience before that battle, despite his young age. He also noticed his only weakness in that battle against the Aces, so I'm sure he's now prepared to deal with a similar scenario again. And to think that Aether Origin has yet to reveal his 2 (!) ultimate forms... holy sh--!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kha: Someone says we're perfect.
Sak: That's of course! Wii~~
Kha: If that's the case, why do I have the need for something like Schneiderform?
Hmm, I do apologize, Kha. The idea behind mentioning Kha was completely mixed up with what I was saying about Serge. However, I reiterate: I do not think Kha is overpowered; I believe he is very well balanced. I was just wondering how well he fights with such a move list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Won't Gwen-chan and Co. be more than enough? Gwendolyn has INFINITE POWAA!
Hahah. Gwendolyn would have no chance against Serge. All her attacks are magic based, like Nanoha's, so Serge would own her in no time.

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot to mention: be back later!
Old 2007-06-19, 02:45   Link #2226
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
YAY I survived my Finals ^^ *sigh* its good to be back ^^ *looks at post count*... that can't be right... opens OC thread... GOOD LORD... 30 pages of backlogs!!! OMG you all have been on a writing frenzy or something while i was away. i have not slept much for a few days so I may not make any sense at all^^

WOW there are so many new characters and stories i don't know where to start.

Quote:

LOL Note to self do not except any health drinks from Liana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post

USB500 - I think it's a reference to Kususha's infamous drinks in the SRWOG universe. IIRC there's only a couple men that can stand up to her drink, and the characters in that game often advise each other on avoiding her drink, and they often make up ludicrous excuses to get away from Kususha when she offers them this nutrition drink.
Wow. Really nice "blurb" it flowed really well. how many spheres can she hold back with one spell?
Old 2007-06-19, 03:09   Link #2227
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Hmm.. on another note I'm not sure whether to feel sad or glad on that point about Tais for being so... weak
Looks like its time for a minor buff for him. Maybe I'll get him to take an exam (Urgh!!!) to up his ranking and some upgrades to his equipment.
I never said he was weak, just low-ranked (He is stil D-rank right?). Although considering how much punishment he's had to endure, I think he's strong enough

Quote:

*Chalk up another victim of "The Drink"*

Quote:

I like how Krystal thinks in battle, although she'd have to stop blaming herself for her mistakes sometime (character dev is in order ). Nicely described battle though, and to transfer all those Enforcers by herself must really be something

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-19, 03:29   Link #2228
KBTKaiser

Well, here's a link to where I got the source music from. >>;
Garnet Moon

Any lyric mistranslations are solely my own inexperience.

Spoiler for Mabiko theme:

Edit: 2nd verse complete...

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2007-07-07 at 09:44.
Old 2007-06-19, 03:42   Link #2229
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Mai: *Dodges Divine Voltage*

*Sees her uneaten Tayaki on her hand burnt by Divine Voltage*

*Stares Ojii-chan directly in the eye*

Your pitiful shadow is cloaked in darkness
You have caused great pain and suffering
Your hollow soul drowns in your sins

... Would you like to try dying onc-

*Mai dissapears from her spot*

Smith / Wesson: *Running out the door with Mai at light speed*
WE'RE SORRY GENERAL, SHE MEANT NO HAAAAAAAAAAARM!!!!!
*Doppler Effect*

The darned old guy really went through with it! And spoiling her Taiyaki as well. That's BULLYING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
He's like Geese. He'll take on any challenge.
At least he should learn to pick on someone his own size.

Quote:
seconds later, Armstrong reverts to his old self.
Armstrong: *sees the mess* what happened?
Everyone: *whispers* you started the mess and you DIDN'T remember??????
Chrono: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Armstrong: *notices Chrono* are you alright, Admiral?
Chrono: here goes my monthly salary again.....
So I guess being an Ace = financial problem no matter how old.

Quote:
Spoiler for another alternate OP:
T'was rather unique. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
- *nods*

- heheh what could happen after she wakes up? i dunno hehe.
The usual aftereffects are the characters entering the battle late but with their MORALE (the stat that boosts a pilot and allows for better moves) at the max value of 150.

Quote:
- wait until Ruri tries the NECTAR!

Quote:
Q: by the way, can you guys give me which OCs / arcs occur when?
i need to check so that i can add character from this thread into my current fiction work- AlternateS I

thanks,

X
Well, I'm not sure but I think CrosyS is slated for the StrikerS timeline, I-n's is for the later part. Pretty much every OC is involved except the newer ones. I'm not sure about Meophist's OC's because he has an arc of his own. While the Caster/Rein1 arc is a joint collaboration of me, Kha, An Hero, Nightengale and Keroko. But the exact time for this is still up to Kha.

Quote:

The second bet ever lost? Nice one!

Quote:
She did great! She should stop being so depreciating on herself.

Quote:
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Well, I managed to squeeze a few internet minutes before going out, so here I continue the discussion.

OK, first, I'd like to apologize to An Hero in Disguise, as apparently the way I explained myself led everyone to believe that I want Serge nerfed. Personally, I dont. In any universe there are people better than others, and in Serge's case it is because of his innate ability of Flow Manipulation, an ability that An Hero explained to be extremely rare. Serge may very well be the only person alive with such ability. Also, Serge can very well be that "last boss" every other OC is planning to beat at some point. The idea that I really wanted to portray was the fact that Serge is only 2 years old than our Aces, yet at the time of the battle against the Aces, he was so much more experienced than them, being able to defeat them one by one without much problem.
No problem. You should wait a bit and see Aurion's encounter with Serge later on. I'm nearing that point in my scenario. We're going for a compromised truce. The threats are going both ways and there will be a lot of tension involved.

Quote:
Hahah. Gwendolyn would have no chance against Serge. All her attacks are magic based, like Nanoha's, so Serge would own her in no time.
C'mon, Aether Threads are not indestructable, you know. Stop bellitling your own power pack. By the way, Gwendolyn has unlimited energy but limited output, correct?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-19, 03:55   Link #2230
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

The darned old guy really went through with it! And spoiling her Taiyaki as well. That's BULLYING!

At least he should learn to pick on someone his own size.

So I guess being an Ace = financial problem no matter how old.

T'was rather unique. I like it.
1: yes, I know. Though Armstrong would probably forget what he just did.

2: such a hardship.... I pity those who want to become the Admiral, especially.

3: thanks. :3

Cinderella has been UPDATED! And we have a special Carim scene, on top of that! ^__^
Old 2007-06-19, 04:07   Link #2231
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
@ on the subject of the Drink (AKA THE NECTAR OF DOOM):

Spoiler for This time, Rurika is on the bar stool:

Rurika has unfulfilled secret desires?

@Aaron:

well... let's say that Kyla's been keen to finish her Mahoraba manga in about a week... well... the drink might trigger a reaction? let's find out!
Old 2007-06-19, 04:16   Link #2232
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

@Aaron:

well... let's say that Kyla's been keen to finish her Mahoraba manga in about a week... well... the drink might trigger a reaction? let's find out!
Ruri has acted out of her usual character! NOES! This spells disaster!

I almost fell of the chair the moment I read her confession. Man, the "symmetrical docking" part really came out of nowhere. Poor Ruri....
Old 2007-06-19, 04:17   Link #2233
Aaron008R

Quote:

T-that was most unexpected. Getting drunk...
I fear for the worst when your other characters try it.

Quote:
@Aaron:

As long as she doesn't go into a frenzy and start firing the 'Fleur-de-lis'. I think it would be manageable.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-19, 04:17   Link #2234
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Part 12 Part 2 HERE NAO! I've also reposted something I did in the Fanfic's thread, just since I'm kinda more or less mildly lost on how it really goes, so take it as a non-canon crack from the only Siglio shipper in existence. And also..Saga's image song. :3

Spoiler for Part 12 : 2 Of :

Next part shouldn't take TOO long...Since I'll be throwing in bits of Signum/Isdera and Vita/Wira along with some Shamal/Astra... expect some sap soon. And maybe...just maybe, we'll cover Saga/Tiara too.

And here's Saga's image song...Not in Japanese. It's his image song, which reflects his future events and conditions a little, so probably a little spoiler here and there.

So, just imagine Hoshi Souichiro in his deep, melancholic voice singing this and you'll do fine.

Spoiler for Hurt by Johnny Cash:

Anyway, with my canon/fanon stuff done...let's move on to stuff that's really fanon...

BE CONVERTED TO SIGLIO!!!!! Repost from the Fanfic Thread. :3

Spoiler for Preview:

Oh, I want to thank Aaron and Kha for their comments on this repost earlier. :9

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:30   Link #2235
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Quote:
Ruri has acted out of her usual character! NOES! This spells disaster!

I almost fell of the chair the moment I read her confession. Man, the "symmetrical docking" part really came out of nowhere. Poor Ruri....
Quote:

T-that was most unexpected. Getting drunk...
I fear for the worst when your other characters try it.

s long as she doesn't go into a frenzy and start firing the 'Fleur-de-lis'. I think it would be manageable.
- just a small 4koma-ish moment on one future scene- where is is more civil and does not involve alcohol or any drink for that matter.

- 'Symmetrical Docking' is a needed procedure when Ashton and Subaru move into L3 'Unity' fusion state- it just involves the docking of power lines from the Key device on Subaru's left hand over to her Knuckle on her right hand- though the docking is hard to maintain. just another play hehe

- Kyla, check. Ruri, check. so that leaves, Minerva, Chacha, CC, and Andrei

- Tannhauser... not the fleur- that for the 'Tantra' class ships the bureau has- the Asura's sisters.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:30   Link #2236
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Part 12 Part 2 HERE NAO! I've also reposted something I did in the Fanfic's thread, just since I'm kinda more or less mildly lost on how it really goes, so take it as a non-canon crack from the only Siglio shipper in existence. And also..Saga's image song. :3

Next part shouldn't take TOO long...Since I'll be throwing in bits of Signum/Isdera and Vita/Wira along with some Shamal/Astra... expect some sap soon. And maybe...just maybe, we'll cover Saga/Tiara too.

And here's Saga's image song...Not in Japanese. It's his image song, which reflects his future events and conditions a little, so probably a little spoiler here and there.

So, just imagine Hoshi Souichiro in his deep, melancholic voice singing this and you'll do fine.

Anyway, with my canon/fanon stuff done...let's move on to stuff that's really fanon...

Spoiler for Preview:

Whoa so fast .

The end of the battle is closing.. damm why did it have to lead to this. The angst to occur is going to be brutal.. I can feel it

Question. Does Tiara also have a face mask so that Saga won't know who she is. If so I'd like to ask again not to pull a vadar on us.... pretty please...

SIGLIO ka? I saw it in the fanfic thread as well but couldn't post a reply due to the sheer wtf! value of it. I'll read it but no guarentees about liking it if/when you post it.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:31   Link #2237
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
- 'Symmetrical Docking' is a needed procedure when Ashton and Subaru move into L3 'Unity' fusion state- it just involves the docking of power lines from the Key device on Subaru's left hand over to her Knuckle on her right hand- though the docking is hard to maintain. just another play hehe
but ruri made it sound so wrooooooooooooooooooooong

sorry, my thoughts.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:38   Link #2238
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Question. Does Tiara also have a face mask so that Saga won't know who she is. If so I'd like to ask again not to pull a vadar on us.... pretty please...

SIGLIO ka? I saw it in the fanfic thread as well but couldn't post a reply due to the sheer wtf! value of it. I'll read it but no guarentees about liking it if/when you post it.
Well, his face mask is only active during Drei's Ceremonial mode. Other times, his face is visible, and currently, he's in Null mode, so 80% of the time, he's unmasked.

Well, I'll just say this... him wearing a mask or not won't matter one bit. Any more is spoiler.

And there's no guarentee I'd would actually write that Siglio into a full-fledged fic... It's pretty much the eternal time-spiral kind of story from Baby Caro -> Caro-> teenage Caro -> Ancient Signum - > Hayate's Signum - > Memories restored Signum -> Baby Caro without memories and it goes on an eternal spiral, and even I'm having problems conveying the feel, much less actually write it, so who knows?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-19, 04:48   Link #2239
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On references... well they're references. There's no loss if you don't get them, but you'll appreciate it much better if you do. They should have no further explanation other than being there
Hm, I should clarify this. What I meant was that I don't really get the references, and I accept that they're not really that important in the story, but several other things happen:

I lose the "nuance" of the characters. Essentially, to me, the references are just another name or term which could very well be all-original. So, to take an example, assuming Kha (or someone else; just using your character as an example, Kha) uses the Goldion Hammer (the name of which I've heard before, but no more), I don't really have any idea why this is significant. Okay, it is, from the name, a hammer. From context, it's probably powerful or big or whatever. But that's all I'm getting, and all the excitement about it is puzzling, to say the least.

More importantly, since I don't know the reference, all I can do is smile and nod and wait for the conversation to turn to something I recognize. We have this Shared OC Alterverse which I'd love to take part in, but since I know next to nothing about the Necrons from WH40K, I can't write anything about the 37th CIAA meeting them, since I may get things completely wrong. (It'll be a pain to just wing it, get corrected, edit, get corrected again, and edit again, ad infinitum.) So all I can do is try to glean some information about just what these Necrons are from context, and as mentioned, it's not very well explained.

Now, I'm not saying that references are bad. Heck, the 37th CIAA and 8th IAR have their own fair share of references, ranging from the character archetypes to Lila (Specialized Heuristic Organized Data Access Node number 43893, anyone?). However, I'm seeing what looks like references taking over the characters and turning into crossovers.

Basically, the question is such: you've made a reference in the character. Now, assuming that there is someone else who has absolutely no idea what that reference is, can they come in and use that character and lose nothing at all in the translation?
Old 2007-06-19, 05:22   Link #2240
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Well, here's a link to where I got the source music from. >>;
Garnet Moon

Any lyric mistranslations are solely my own inexperience.

Spoiler for Mabiko theme:

Uuuuu...I don't think I have enough inspiration to go through the 2nd part of the song quite yet.
First time I've heard Garnet Moon, but damn does this song kick ass... know where I can get it?

Must say your scenes work well with the music, especially the transitions amongst the Kitsune Musume

Quote:
[B] Cinderella has been UPDATED! And we have a special Carim scene, on top of that! ^__^
MOAR MADNESS!!!!!!

Shamal and Shamisen never fail to stir up the crowd, Fate gets sweet revenge, and Carim-moe FTMFW!!!!

Quote:

@Aaron:

... Ah, the varying effects of the drink, differing from person to person... in this case, Ruri getting drunk

But yes, the usage of Symmetrical Docking is just.... wrong *getting... unusual scenery *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Spoiler for Preview:

Why must this torture continue?!?! The suspense is killing me!! Can't wait to see the Saga/Tiara meeting, and now that the Special Forces have arrived, how all of them fight with their respective rivals once more

And... I must've missed that fanon work... because it just blew my mind More Pime Taradoz at work I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Hm, I should clarify this. What I meant was that I don't really get the references, and I accept that they're not really that important in the story, but several other things happen:

I lose the "nuance" of the characters. Essentially, to me, the references are just another name or term which could very well be all-original. So, to take an example, assuming Kha (or someone else; just using your character as an example, Kha) uses the Goldion Hammer (the name of which I've heard before, but no more), I don't really have any idea why this is significant. Okay, it is, from the name, a hammer. From context, it's probably powerful or big or whatever. But that's all I'm getting, and all the excitement about it is puzzling, to say the least.

More importantly, since I don't know the reference, all I can do is smile and nod and wait for the conversation to turn to something I recognize. We have this Shared OC Alterverse which I'd love to take part in, but since I know next to nothing about the Necrons from WH40K, I can't write anything about the 37th CIAA meeting them, since I may get things completely wrong. (It'll be a pain to just wing it, get corrected, edit, get corrected again, and edit again, ad infinitum.) So all I can do is try to glean some information about just what these Necrons are from context, and as mentioned, it's not very well explained.

Now, I'm not saying that references are bad. Heck, the 37th CIAA and 8th IAR have their own fair share of references, ranging from the character archetypes to Lila (Specialized Heuristic Organized Data Access Node number 43893, anyone?). However, I'm seeing what looks like references taking over the characters and turning into crossovers.

Basically, the question is such: you've made a reference in the character. Now, assuming that there is someone else who has absolutely no idea what that reference is, can they come in and use that character and lose nothing at all in the translation?
I understand what you're saying, and yep that's a significant problem: At best, a reference enhances appreciation of something by providing it with a familiar yet unfamiliar element that you've identified with before. If you know it, it's good, but you don't lose anything if you don't. At worse, it can be just a blatant rip-off, which requires absolute knowledge of its source material

And I'm not sure about not well explained - some of Glock's chapters are dedicated to explaining who and what the Necron are

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread