AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-17, 16:52   Link #201
Hitsugaya Whirl

The Earl Of Millenium. My first reaction was that he had the strangest name, especially since I'm reading it in Chinese. o_o

*O* The first time Kanda appears, he's shirtless. Completely. <3 As for the anime...I think it's coming along nicely, so far :3
Hitsugaya Whirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 19:54   Link #202
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87 View Post
yes this episode was ownage... if this is any sign of whats to come later on im lookin and ima likin.

+
Allen was badass in this episode. His (her) battle shouts worked out just fine.
Kanda's voice actor is awesome. the sheer arrogance it displayed in his first scene in the episode was awesome. so fitting. the music when they were being briefed on the misison was great. it seems like that will be the theme melody of the show, and they will chance it accordingly, sad, happpy or for action to fit the scene. cool. The level 2 akuma was wayyyy better animated.

The fight scene wasnt toooo great, but damn its better than a lot of crap this was decent for a first real fight scene.
Spoiler:
lol you just had to mention the fact that allen's part is a girl lol
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 01:22   Link #203
Jerseykid

Episode 3 was good. This is the best anime out of the recent new batch imo.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 05:26   Link #204
crystar
*yawns*

I liked what they did with the comedic bits for episode 3. But for the rest of the episode I had trouble seeing what was going on because everything was too dark. It may just be me and my monitor though. Oh and I'll have to agree, Kanda's VA is impressive. Absolutely perfect for Kanda. I've also pretty much warmed up to Allen's VA.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 08:42   Link #205
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I'll definitly pic up the manga, because I'm hooked.
Episode 3 was exciting, and I hope the quality of the animation keeps up.

But jeesus, what's wrong with Kanda? He sounds like a selfish brat who have no respect for others at all.
Ep 03:
Spoiler:

I'm kinda surprised that the manga-ka is a female. is it normal for a shounen manga to be written by females? (Prehaps some hope of *small* hints of shounen-ai? )

Last edited by Friera; 2006-10-18 at 14:50.
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 09:18   Link #206
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
I'll definitly pic up the manga, because I'm hooked.
Episode 3 was exciting, and I hope the quality of the animation keeps up.

But jeesus, what's wrong with Kanda? He sounds like a selfish brat who have no respect for others at all.
Spoiler:

If you recall episode two....
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm kinda surprised that the manga-ka is a female. is it normal for a shounen manga to be written by females? (Prehaps some hope of *small* hints of shounen-ai? )
Does the name Hiromu Arakawa ring bells to you? She's the mangaka for FullMetal Alchemist.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:02   Link #207
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
I don't even think this has any hints. Or at least, I never got any vibes whatsoever from the manga. I think it's because there is too much going on in this series for any sort of romance to exist. But yeah, to anyone who knows, what are the populer fandom pairings anyway?
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:07   Link #208
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If you recall episode two....
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-18, 10:15   Link #209
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
But yeah, to anyone who knows, what are the populer fandom pairings anyway?
Allen x Kanda's pretty hawt among fujoshi's/shonen-ai fangirls. In terms of fandom size and ~imagined~ canonism, it's probably the most popular. Hetero seems pretty much divided and isn't very prevailant...however,

Spoiler for late manga:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:45   Link #210
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler for late manga:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-18, 12:23   Link #211
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
i think a good ass kicking by allen would sort out his attitude

ep3...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 12:37   Link #212
Clarste
Human

Well, about Kanda abandoning Allen, if you think in terms of their mission it makes sense. They're supposed to secure the Ghost and its Innocence. Allen is currently acting as a decoy (unintentionally). If Kanda went to save him, he'd endanger the Ghost and the mission. It's perfectly logical for him to keep moving, although he does have a pretty bad attitude.

Concerning his personality, it seems kind of like a way of coping with all the death that surrounds him, by not caring. Well, he was probably kind of an ass in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i think a good ass kicking by allen would sort out his attitude
I can see how that would make him respect Allen, but how would that change his opinion of non-exorcists, which he currently sees as cannon-fodder?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:46   Link #213
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

This is a good series so far.

Episode 3 was the highlight of the episodes so far. I like that scene where the Exorcist assistant and Allen are chatting and Kanda comes out to tell them it's time to move. That scene had some exciting music.

I hope the series has enough manga material to last, I wonder if there will be filler.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 16:12   Link #214
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Episode 3 was good. This is the best anime out of the recent new batch imo.
I agree, I really enjoyed this episode. I just really like this series in general. It seems fairly original and kinda random. Good combination.
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 18:36   Link #215
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode really shocked the hell out of me were finally getting to see some action and what the daily life of an excorist is all about. It was honorable of the finders to give their lives for the sake of the mission i have mad respect for those guys.I get the feeling that a lot of finders die and frequently at that.
Old 2006-10-19, 19:29   Link #216
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
This is a good series so far.

Episode 3 was the highlight of the episodes so far. I like that scene where the Exorcist assistant and Allen are chatting and Kanda comes out to tell them it's time to move. That scene had some exciting music.

I hope the series has enough manga material to last, I wonder if there will be filler.
there are character novels also... they go deep into the past of alan, kanda and others... those will provide more than enough material... i'm not sure if eps from the novels would count as filler.... i guess it wouldn't technically be following the anime, but it wouldn't be made up stuff just for anime purposes...

ep03 is the kind of stuff that made me want this to be an anime when i was reading the manga... and the action will increase from here!
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 17:09   Link #217
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Ghost of Mateel

I have seen now episode three, and the action broke hell loose.

While Kanda upset me much throughout the episode with his loner and one-man's-fight attitude I praise the writers for not making Allen to emotionally retaliate against Kanda.
Sure, Allen's is also upset and doesn't condone Kanda's solo and ice-heart personality either, but both were involved amidst a mission of high priority; Allen knew it as well as Kanda and prioritized the recovery of the ghost first, letting relunctantly the skirmish on Kanda.

Another highlight was witnessing the activaction of Allen's Mugen, since it's Innocence technique parallels a bit somewhat to the shinobi jutsu techniques from Naruto, though that's my personal view on the sword.

Thirdly, since Kanda's seiyuu is none other than Takahiro Sakurai his threatening voice gave the impression to sound as ruthlessly as Tsurusawa Jin from Innocent Venus, which is another character voiced by Sakurai-san.

What I can interpret about Kanda scoffing at the finders is the following:
Since Kanda's a Japanese exorcists, within the universe of D.Gray-man Japan's exorcists are trained to be solo operatives- that is they do the information gathering, akuma hunting, and the Innocence retrieval all by themselves.

From Kanda's view, he finds the whole idea of the Finders employed by the exorcists from the West fruitless, a waste of time and valuable resources, plus unneeded pawns that either slow down or interfere with the matters of the Exorcists.
IMO, Kanda cannot very well cope with the task and team delegation that the Black Order employs to structure the hierarchy of their activities.
Of course, I do also understand that Kanda has as well his own share of sad memories and kuro rekishi due to the Akuma, that inevitably shapes his view and personality; that he doesn't want to be slowed down or interfered at by someone else.

Anyways, the episode itself was action-packed at its best, and the music goes on growing in me. The opening sequence particularly displays this huge cast of characters which all of them seem brought from a Tim Burton's dark film, given their Gothic and vampirish traits.
Some of them are exorcists, but the few others are antagonists besides the Earl. And yep, I have been doing research, therefore, I do know who are the other villains, but I cannot tell yet since would be spoiler until they are introduced in the anime.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 20:53   Link #218
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
While Kanda upset me much throughout the episode with his loner and one-man's-fight attitude I praise the writers for not making Allen to emotionally retaliate against Kanda.
Sure, Allen's is also upset and doesn't condone Kanda's solo and ice-heart personality either, but both were involved amidst a mission of high priority; Allen knew it as well as Kanda and prioritized the recovery of the ghost first, letting relunctantly the skirmish on Kanda.
That would tie in with Kanda deeming Allen as having failed as an exorcist-Because he simply believes that the mission comes before everything else.

Quote:
What I can interpret about Kanda scoffing at the finders is the following:
Since Kanda's a Japanese exorcists, within the universe of D.Gray-man Japan's exorcists are trained to be solo operatives- that is they do the information gathering, akuma hunting, and the Innocence retrieval all by themselves.

From Kanda's view, he finds the whole idea of the Finders employed by the exorcists from the West fruitless, a waste of time and valuable resources, plus unneeded pawns that either slow down or interfere with the matters of the Exorcists.
I'd agree, but I thought perhaps his attitude reeked more of arrogance in accordance with the Finders. There was certainly no mercy in his words for Buzz at the start of the episode. Maybe he sees that as an expendable asset or perhaps factors coming into play for the 'best' means to an end for the objective of the Order.

Episode 3 was certainly where the action really begins, I believe. Already a cliffhanger with Allen and the Akuma who has evolved. It would be interesting to see how Allen fights him off with or without help and what kind of characteristics does an Akuma have after evolution.

On a side-note...Maybe it's just me, but Kanda's Mugen most certainly smells of biblical references, what with the 'Illusion of Apocalypse' and the worms coming out of his first attack.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 03:46   Link #219
xxxButterfliesxxx

Send a message via AIM to xxxButterfliesxxx Send a message via MSN to xxxButterfliesxxx
Quote:
Episode 3 was certainly where the action really begins, I believe. Already a cliffhanger with Allen and the Akuma who has evolved. It would be interesting to see how Allen fights him off with or without help and what kind of characteristics does an Akuma have after evolution.
I agree that the action did pick up in episode 3. But, having read the manga, I know that it gets a lot better. In the end of the episode I gasped because I thought there was going to be a lot more to the episode.

On a side note: if it's allowed on anime suki, does anyone know where I can download the opening and ending songs to this anime?
xxxButterfliesxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 09:34   Link #220
wrex_japan

D.Gray-man, episode 4

D.Gray-man episode 4 summary and pics. The akuma shows Allen the power of reaching level 2. Kanda finds that he's not always on the top of things.
Spoiler:
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk