AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 05:42   Link #1
killer3000ad

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Saw there was no thread on this besides one old thread for the first game, so I thought I'd make one.
Release: 2rd March 2010
Platform: PC, PS3, XBOX360

A closed beta was released for the PS3 in late 2009 and just last week they released the closed beta for XBOX360 and PC.

Looks awesome. Played the beta myself over the weekend during breaks from Mass Effect 2, and I must say, I am definitely looking forward to it.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-02-03 at 05:59.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:19   Link #2
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Ah yay finally a thread.

Been playing PC beta since it got released, and the game feels polished, even for a beta. Graphics are nice, audio is awesome and gameplay is awesome. Occasional lag, but local servers are 99% lag free.

And prone is definitely NOT needed.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 12:35   Link #3
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I was wondering if i should have make a thread last week but good that someone did it now .
Yeah , i got the Key for Bêta and played on the release .

I agree graphics are nice , the buildings destructible are greats , the songs are great .
Good Gameplay . It sounds promising .

The bad :

- Sometimes it lag .

- Is it me or the bullets don't touch so much ?? i mean come on , my weapon (PKM) was at 2cm on the dude , i shot him until i died by him wtf ?
I know that there is the recoil but at 2CM !! or even 2 meter you still can touch .

- Too easy to destroy points control , put a C4 then it's the end .

- To hell the campers . I mean come on ,sometimes the Attackers are camping on the hill with Recon and there are like 5-6 Recon omg . They don't do objective then complain about teamplay ...
Obviously Defenders -> Campers , it's normal . But when it come to Attackers -> Rush !!!
I was in some game when us are even Attackers such thoses "Attackers was camping" we were under the hill trying to kill both of them on the hill , throwing grenade and Mortar !

Some people prefer to kill for their K/ratio instead of doing the obj ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 13:47   Link #4
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I've been in those camping matches and it's fairly annoying. Although, being defender at those times earns me easy victories and loads of points from counter-sniping the snipers.

The C4 is extremely annoying, but DICE has said they will double the amount of C4 needed to blow up the objectives. I can see this changing even more tohugh and I hope they do.

And the net code for BC2 is better than BF2 at least. Full-auto will make you miss even if you are close, only burst works really well, but compared to BF2 it's much better. Remember the days of aiming in the head and still missing...

Old 2010-02-03, 17:41   Link #5
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I hope too for the C4 .

Ow and the grenade , there were 3 soldiers side by side diffusing the obj . I throw a grenade on them 1 died 2 was still alive omg . I guess that we can't kill 3 at once .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 20:59   Link #6
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

It's very easy to miss shots in that game. My fault for getting too used to the Source engine and its hitscans.

The map may need a bit of balancing work. The first objective is about the only strong defensive point, and the middle objectives are fairly easy to push through once the first one is done. The vast majority of the defender victories I've encountered occur at the first defensive point, and maybe once or twice the attackers are stopped at the final point.

Oh, and you can stay alive forever in the Bravo ditch at the first objective. If you're new to this game, I highly recommend being a medic in that ditch.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 19:52   Link #7
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Sorry for the double post.

But I would like to take this opportunity to perform several exaggerated hip thrusts.

[Pic about 13000 points here]

Basically, I hung out behind a M3A3, with a squadmate driving it, and repaired it. +30 points per second, and enemies happen to like shooting it but not destroying it.

Last edited by Claies; 2010-02-13 at 11:08.
Old 2010-02-13, 08:47   Link #8
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Something similar happened to me in one match. I stuck with a tank, repairing it, shooting, rarely dying. Ended up with 27000 points. Damn it beta, save my stats!

Btw, if someone is looking for a beta key I have one in reserve. PM if want.

Old 2010-02-13, 11:07   Link #9
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Something similar happened to me in one match. I stuck with a tank, repairing it, shooting, rarely dying. Ended up with 27000 points. Damn it beta, save my stats!

Btw, if someone is looking for a beta key I have one in reserve. PM if want.
Not dying takes quite a bit of skill... but I think I'm getting used to it. Knowing where everyone else is in the frontline is key.

Of course, you can surge forward and try a spontaneous breakthrough, but the people who don't rush with you tend to not follow through with the distraction the enemy got.

I sometimes still feel dirty hanging out behind, even though I know I shouldn't.
Old 2010-02-13, 11:50   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I am annoyed with this games demo. When I try to create a profile for it on the Xbox for match making, it says the profile creation failed.

I'd play the PC demo...but that requires I buy the game before deciding that I want to play it.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:29   Link #11
plmko

I don't find planting C4 unbalanced as planting it leaves yourself vulnerable, or at least just getting into the base is hard enough.

What I would like to be changed are these:

1. Granade damage significantly lowered, too many times have I seen people sit on top of ammo boxes and throwing or lauching granades. This gets annoying if they start throwing granades down the only stairs needed to get up to an objective, leaving no way to defuse a attacked ojective. People seem to be using granade launchers too often now instead of shooting because its easier, so whats the point of shooting?

2. Quick change animations need to be enforced, I've been killed too often because of people quick changing from granade launcher to bullets, they'd wear you down with a granade in close quarters than immediately shoot you. What i'd like to see is that the animation to de-equip the granade launcher must be finished before you can changed weapons. Also granades should do 200% damage to the one of throws it, this shoud stop people just pumping people in the face with granades.

3. Objectives must be destroyed with planted C4 charges and not conventional weapons. Too often have I seen people dump ammo boxes next objectives and just granade it or use the C4 from the Recon class to destroy it. Yes the damage from these weapons do quite significant damage to the objective and is a lot stealthier meaning newbies that are useful as cannon fodder won't help defend as there is alarm being sounded.

4. Squad spawning should be toned down with either longer spawn times, restrictions to when you can do it or less equipment carried. Too often have I encountered a squad of enemies where killing 3/4 of them will mean nothing as the survivor can just hide and people can immediately join him again. This also means you can just get one guy to ride an ATV stealth all the way around the defenders base and have the whole squad spawn on him, which will allow them to attack from the back in stealth and with an advantage of facing less defenders.

These are my main complaints of the game and would expect at least some of these to be changed by the final game or at least in future patches. Overall I am satisfied with the game and compliment the developers for making the game run so well even if its running on my laptop.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 02:34   Link #12
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
1. Granade damage significantly lowered, too many times have I seen people sit on top of ammo boxes and throwing or lauching granades. This gets annoying if they start throwing granades down the only stairs needed to get up to an objective, leaving no way to defuse a attacked ojective. People seem to be using granade launchers too often now instead of shooting because its easier, so whats the point of shooting?
Grenade replenishment takes a rather significant amount of time. Also, if your enemy is camping the stairs, it may better benefit you to start destroying the environment around him instead so he can be better targeted.

Quote:
3. Objectives must be destroyed with planted C4 charges and not conventional weapons. Too often have I seen people dump ammo boxes next objectives and just granade it or use the C4 from the Recon class to destroy it. Yes the damage from these weapons do quite significant damage to the objective and is a lot stealthier meaning newbies that are useful as cannon fodder won't help defend as there is alarm being sounded.
I agree that the Recon's C4 should be nerfed, but they should still have the potential for destroying objectives. The entire class is built around stealth, so players should be given the chance to exercise it in every way, including attacking objectives. That simply means that people should pay more attention when defending. (Yes, this means that the cannon fodder are playing badly. Your team may have too many of them.)

Quote:
4. Squad spawning should be toned down with either longer spawn times, restrictions to when you can do it or less equipment carried. Too often have I encountered a squad of enemies where killing 3/4 of them will mean nothing as the survivor can just hide and people can immediately join him again. This also means you can just get one guy to ride an ATV stealth all the way around the defenders base and have the whole squad spawn on him, which will allow them to attack from the back in stealth and with an advantage of facing less defenders
Not necessarily. Good players pay plenty of attention to stealthy squads once they reveal themselves (and enemies that appear on the minimap behind them once others have spotted them), and the spawn timer of some 15 seconds is actually long enough for an entire squad to be eliminated before too many resurrect.
Old 2010-02-14, 03:25   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Does C4 function differently from the charges that can be disarm or am I missing something?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 03:29   Link #14
gonzo562

im playing the pc beta im loving this game

for the c4 i read that they are gonna change it to 15 charges instead of 5 to blow a objective
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 06:23   Link #15
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Does C4 function differently from the charges that can be disarm or am I missing something?
There are the objective charges that anyone can set and anyone can disarm. That's what was perfectly intended in the game.

The part that's also normal but a little imbalanced, and that people are exploiting, is the fact that heavy explosions of any kind can also damage the objective installations. The most damaging is the C4 that Recons can set and remotely detonate, and 5-6 of them (2x the maximum a Recon can carry) can very well destroy an objective. They're also essentially invisible to enemies until somebody spots it and puts it on the minimap. This is opposed to the anti-objective charges that make loud, flashy red alarms that everyone can hear and see, and inform everyone on screen when they're set.

Plus a couple other stingers:
1) If C4 is planted on a vehicle and the vehicle is destroyed, all the C4 blow up along with it. Therefore, if someone plans to kamikaze an objective with a vehicle, you better take it out way outside of the C4's blast radius, which is fairly large. The private beta map features ATVs, which are extremely fast and hard to shoot at full speed. The only caveat is that it has no armor, and you can shoot out all the passengers and then drive it somewhere out of range. The easier solution is to hope somebody set anti-vehicle mines everywhere and keep on replenishing them.

2) I don't even know if you can disarm C4 charges. Bottom line, you just must kill the Recon who set it before they right click to detonate it. This is REALLY hard once they're out of the vehicle, unless they fumbled hard. Two people can also coordinate and have the recon sit back with the detonator while his hardier partner gets the vehicle into position.

3) It's fine if the vehicle doesn't make it. If it explodes prematurely, it takes a bunch of people who are defending the objective. Bonus if they wise up and scramble closer to try and stop the vehicle, more kill points for the Recon and a bigger opening for everyone else to push through. However, I think this point is perfectly fine and should stay.

tl;dr - Of all the people you should shoot, prioritize the ones with ghillie suits. They have a different flavor of trouble at close range and you want none of it.

Last edited by Claies; 2010-02-14 at 06:36.
Old 2010-02-15, 09:01   Link #16
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Grenade replenishment takes a rather significant amount of time. Also, if your enemy is camping the stairs, it may better benefit you to start destroying the environment around him instead so he can be better targeted.

I agree that the Recon's C4 should be nerfed, but they should still have the potential for destroying objectives. The entire class is built around stealth, so players should be given the chance to exercise it in every way, including attacking objectives. That simply means that people should pay more attention when defending. (Yes, this means that the cannon fodder are playing badly. Your team may have too many of them.)

Not necessarily. Good players pay plenty of attention to stealthy squads once they reveal themselves (and enemies that appear on the minimap behind them once others have spotted them), and the spawn timer of some 15 seconds is actually long enough for an entire squad to be eliminated before too many resurrect.
When you have the granade belt perk on you can carry 3 granades in the Assault class, which means by the time you throw or launch your 2nd granade you will replenish 1 whilst loading your 3rd. But you have to realise that what I meant by granade camping, is that several people will be camping on several ammo boxes which means you dont even need the granade belt.

I may have said that I don't like C4 charges damaging the objective, but I still agree that it should be allowed to some extent. It would be alot simpler and tactical if objectives can only be detroyed by whats planted and not with what you have.

I understand that 15 seconds of spawn time can mean squad spawning will do nothing to turn the tide of a battle. But when an objective has a c4 planted on it within 10second of round start and with a full squad of enemies already defending it, that says something.

Basically I would like to see changes to the game that make the game more tactical with strategies that involve realistic combat rather than tactics that can only work in a game (I know its an oxymoron when you say you want a game to feel less like a game :P). Arcade shooters are fine but when you have mechanics that make killing people with granades easier than shooting in firefights that says something about balance.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 13:51   Link #17
Nosauz

Objectives are pretty terribly placed, on defense it's very easy to just get a bunch of recons to mortar the house the objective is stored in and then just snipe the people pushing the objective, but I still find Rush's gameplay quite fun, whereas tdm on the snow covered russian village is terrible.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 16:21   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lag has nothing to do with the game its self.

the only bad things for me are 1. you cant lay down. 2. the NPC's are like super computer cyborgs who know exactly where you are.
Old 2010-03-10, 16:46   Link #19
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Been a glorious week of gaming and DICE is starting to fix things, finally. I'm only suffering occasional CTD and disconnections on a busy night, but other than that, the game is really polished.

Although some weapons might be considered "OP" in the right hands. M60+Red Dot+MGSpec anyone?

Also had some fun testing recordings and such today. Although, unless there is a built-in recorder, FRAPS on this PC won't be possible any other time with this game. The gameplay while recording was 20FPS lol. Quite hard to be on top with that. Part 1

Old 2010-03-11, 00:05   Link #20
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Been a glorious week of gaming and DICE is starting to fix things, finally. I'm only suffering occasional CTD and disconnections on a busy night, but other than that, the game is really polished.

Although some weapons might be considered "OP" in the right hands. M60+Red Dot+MGSpec anyone?

Also had some fun testing recordings and such today. Although, unless there is a built-in recorder, FRAPS on this PC won't be possible any other time with this game. The gameplay while recording was 20FPS lol. Quite hard to be on top with that. Part 1
well servers are down for 360, but as soon as I get my desktop i'll be purchasing this for it. Also sniper spot plus 12x zoom with the col, since I haven't unlocked the barret yet is just ridiculously awesome, I get sooo many spot assists when I don't kill noobs that it's quite often I top the charts as a sniper. I do hope that they up the damage to vehicles with the rpg7 because man 3 rockets to the back of a tank to kill it just feels like overkill.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote