Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-19, 19:52   Link #1
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
Samba Problems

I'm running samba 3 (the current release) and when i connect to a windows share, it asks me for my password for each file. on this server, my password is ~30 characters and this can get tiring after two or three files. if someone could help me in any way that would be great. thanks in advance.

ohh, i'm running knoppix (a debian distro) and i did have e erything installed right untill i upgraded to samba 3 to work with windows 2003 server.

<edit>

I have found out that there is a problem with passwords and kde3 konqueror. if any of you know of a way to browse samba shares that can remember passwords and stuff, that would be great.

</edit>

Last edited by RavenChild; 2004-04-20 at 14:33.
RavenChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 15:34   Link #2
RavenChild
エリック

Does anyone know any programs/procudures that i might be able to use this share w/o entering a password?
Old 2004-04-24, 15:57   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I've not had the problem myself as I don't browse the SMB shares via the desktop very much... and I can't tell you what you are doing wrong as I'm no expert on the subject... Have you looked at the smb* tools in the {path_to_samba}/bin directory? Personally I use smbclient and mount -t smbfs ... more than any other method...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 19:05   Link #4
RavenChild
エリック

yeah, i've tried almost all programs/ways to get samba shares but every one of them keeps asking for my password or saying permission denied. i've been accessing the shares through an ftp instead. it keeps my password and stuff for that ftp session.
Old 2004-04-25, 06:12   Link #5
Nevion
/dev/random

it sounds like that error when you don't create a samba password but on the wrong box o_O
afaik, once a samba share is mounted an app should not know its not part of a local mounted filesystem, shares where meant to be accessed transparently. In other words I'm hinting its prlly not konquerer thats the problem. Are you sure your configurations are solid on both boxes? It sounds like out of the 2 the w2k3 server is the culprit since when you access its shares you have the problem and you didn't say anything about it accessing the samba shares.... Perhaps its got some type of timeout for a login or samba doesn't succesfully keep alive the connection for those shares? And as verifycation that it is/isn't konquerer, open up konsole and try to access/browse/do a few io operations to the w2k3 server and see if you get the same problems.
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote