AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-01-24, 16:04   Link #1
ferthepoet

Anime Clubs

Hello everyone, I´m considering moving to Indianapolis to study at IUPUI and I was wondering if any of you know of anime clubs there, as it would be a good way to make new friends if I go
ferthepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:25   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet
Hello everyone, I´m considering moving to Indianapolis to study at IUPUI and I was wondering if any of you know of anime clubs there, as it would be a good way to make new friends if I go
Hmmm....you could try The Indiana Animation Club:
Quote:
http://www.indyanime.org/

The IAC is a nonprofit fan-based organization dedicated to the enjoyment and promotion of animation and related arts, especially Japanese anime and manga. We meet regularly to watch the latest shows and enjoy ourselves, and run events.
Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it might be a start. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 15:10   Link #3
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

Key's to Starting/Enhancing Anime Club

Hello everyone,

I'm sure many of you have gone and either created or enhanced anime clubs in your schools/universities. I am hoping to increase membership in one and was wondering what types of things are a must. Screenings for anime are always good but I wish for the club to promote the general spread of Japanese animation. I'm planning on creating a forum similar to the one on animesuki which would discuss ongoing series though I understand that this will be difficult to do if there are few members in the club. What are some strategies you have used to increase membership and increase the general acknowledgment of Japanese animation on your campus?

Thanks to all
TDRKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 20:25   Link #4
Animeclub2009
Founder of AMR nation

Lightbulb Massachusetts New Anime Club L@@K!!

Dear Forum gods, please do not delete this post >.>;;;
Hello everybody!
My name is Matt and I have decided there arnt that many clubs for anime that take in older members, I have decided to make a group that is mainly concerned for the Anime // mmorpg // rpg fan!!! My mission is to bring hundreds of people together with common intrests and hobbys to enjoy together in a safe and fun enviroment which will create new social ties.

Area: Worcester County // Marlborough Area I havent decided yet right now i have 2 colleges, 2 public librarys, and even a theater competeing there prices for me to rent out a room ( NO ENTRY FEES everything will come out of my pocket )) SO FREE access!!!!)

My Target Age Group. . . 18~26 ( Everyone under 18 should be occompanyed by an adult ( and no that doesnt mean your 18yr old spring fling, OR meet me personally in a public place so i can judge your maturity and give you a document for your legal guardian to sign stateing there permision for your attendance.) Anyone Older than 26 I probabaly want to do the same meet you in a public place to get to know you before you could attend.

My hope is that this club grows large enough to form independant chapters and grow across massachusetts and eventually the country. ( Yes i know huge goals but you never know right!!!!)

If your in the area or in massachusetts please email me asking to join
Melynam@charter.net

P.s Looking for officers, Need a director of services ( basically website designer, and any other technical service we might need)
Director of promotion ( Basically someone who goes around recruiting people and getting people to join)
Director of financial services (treasurer)
(IF your a certified Lawyer and love anime we really could use a volunteer lawyer for legal reasons :OOO)

thanks for reading my post everybody!

Last edited by Animeclub2009; 2009-03-03 at 20:52. Reason: Put in my email address.
Animeclub2009 is offline   Reply With Quote