AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 11:21   Link #1001
Kaos!

Interestingly, I heard of the infinity series while playing Memories Off 2 which was also from KID. Was looking through the theories on one of the ending when someone mentioned it was a parody of N7's CURE, which made me curious and started on my journey to infinity
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 11:30   Link #1002
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Huh, didn't know KID made anything else besides the Infinity series. Was Memories Off similar to the Infinity series or did KID do something completely different with it?
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:02   Link #1003
youdishou

OMG...
When I finished Tsugumi's GOOD ending,but it's too.....
So I considered it was a bad ending(I considered it had two bad endings...),then I play Tsugumi's brand all night...

Last edited by youdishou; 2009-12-28 at 12:31.
youdishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:12   Link #1004
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Yeah, it really is one of the sadder endings of the game. When I got that ending, I just stared at the screen for a few seconds and said, "That was a GOOD ending?!"

Then again, I remembered some of the True Endings from Tsukihime, so then I said, "Well, I guess should have expected that, in a way."

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-28 at 13:52.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:51   Link #1005
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Where did you hear about the game anyway? I remember finding out about it when I was randomly looking on Wikipedia, and it sounded interesting, so I looked into it for a few months before I bought it (fortunately, I forgot most spoilers I might have learned, though I still remembered one or two when playing it.)

EDIT: BTW, I've just noticed this board has hit 1,000 posts!
Back when I started playing, visual novels hadn't really taken off like they have today, so I only heard inklings about it. Buying Ever17 was almost a complete impulse purchase, as again, Hirameki was going bankrupt and they were having a sale, and I couldn't resist the cute pink-haired girl on the cover. I had no idea I'd grow so attached to the game. >_>

I'd heard no spoilers, and as this was my first full visual novel at the time, it was a fairly new experience. I did pick up on some things, like

Spoiler:

Also, w00t, 1000.

Quote:
Huh, didn't know KID made anything else besides the Infinity series. Was Memories Off similar to the Infinity series or did KID do something completely different with it?
It's a dating-sim series. It has a few OVAs attached to it that I still need to get around to watching... I've only seen the first episode of the first series, which was sweet, albeit fairly generic... Similar to the earlier visual novels of the genre, you could probably note some similarities to games like ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~, perhaps... I don't think it quite matches up to even earlier dating sims, like Tokimeki Memorial or To Heart, but it has a similar feel.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 13:05   Link #1006
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, the spoiler that I knew wasn't exactly a complete spoiler, but it was something that lead me speculating for most of the game.

Spoiler for Major Ever17 spoilers:

Hmm, I'm really not into Dating Sims as much as I am just plain Visual Novels, so I think I'll pass on Memories Off. Still playing Clannad right now, will get Higurashi soon, and once I turn 18 next year, I think I'll buy Fate/stay night (so long as I can find a non-ero patch for it.)
Old 2009-12-28, 16:00   Link #1007
Eab1990

Btw, as I'm looking at my Mediafire links, apparently, the Drama CDs have had 186 downloads for "After You've Gone" and 170 downloads for "2035," and the manga has had 142 downloads. In case anyone was interested.
Old 2009-12-28, 16:17   Link #1008
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Huh, I had no clue that you could see how many people downloaded a certain link. Hmm, only under 200? There's probably more Ever17 fans than that, right? Are there any other boards where Ever17 is active that we could spread the word about these? Especially now that we have translations for the Drama CDs, that might interest fans (even though these translations aren't 100% accurate.).

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-28 at 16:38.
Old 2009-12-28, 19:01   Link #1009
Eab1990

Quote:
Huh, I had no clue that you could see how many people downloaded a certain link. Hmm, only under 200? There's probably more Ever17 fans than that, right? Are there any other boards where Ever17 is active that we could spread the word about these? Especially now that we have translations for the Drama CDs, that might interest fans (even though these translations aren't 100% accurate.).
I think only I can see it, since I uploaded it. In any case, I've tried spreading word on most of the places I frequent (namely, GameFAQs and /jp/, along a few other boards), but other than that...
Old 2009-12-28, 19:40   Link #1010
Kaos!

As far as I remember, other than the chinese forums, the English forums which are active are gamefaqs and animesuki.

Btw, KID has developed quite a lot of visual novel. Which belongs to bishoujo genre other than infinity series. Even N7 was released in 2 parts when it first came out, Infinity and Infinity Cure. The former being a bishoujo game with mystery while the latter introduces the CURE syndrome which totally changes the whole game.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 22:29   Link #1011
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
As far as I remember, other than the chinese forums, the English forums which are active are gamefaqs and animesuki.

Btw, KID has developed quite a lot of visual novel. Which belongs to bishoujo genre other than infinity series. Even N7 was released in 2 parts when it first came out, Infinity and Infinity Cure. The former being a bishoujo game with mystery while the latter introduces the CURE syndrome which totally changes the whole game.
Really? Wow, I had no idea about N7 being two parts. Was it's original release on the PC or the Dreamcast? (I remember hearing that Ever17's original release was also on the Dreamcast, so I was wondering if it was the same for N7.)

Ah, and bummer that not enough people have heard enough word about these things. Thanks for all the promotion you've done anyway, Eab1990. At the very least, I'm sure most of the diehard fans have seen and heard what you've posted for us.

EDIT: I've posted a topic about the Drama CDs on the main forum for Ever17 on gamefaqs, and posted a link to this board with it, along with the page numbers of where the links and translations are. Maybe that will help.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-28 at 23:00.
Old 2009-12-28, 23:34   Link #1012
Eab1990

Quote:
Really? Wow, I had no idea about N7 being two parts. Was it's original release on the PC or the Dreamcast? (I remember hearing that Ever17's original release was also on the Dreamcast, so I was wondering if it was the same for N7.)

Ah, and bummer that not enough people have heard enough word about these things. Thanks for all the promotion you've done anyway, Eab1990. At the very least, I'm sure most of the diehard fans have seen and heard what you've posted for us.

EDIT: I've posted a topic about the Drama CDs on the main forum for Ever17 on gamefaqs, and posted a link to this board with it, along with the page numbers of where the links and translations are. Maybe that will help.
Ah, so you have.

Although, Ever17 (and just about every other visual novel fanbase, as well as the Touhou fanbase) is far more active on the Anime & Manga: Other Titles board, since both visual novels and Touhou are closely anime-based. I've already spread the word there, though, and Coco's birthday thread is still active on that board.
Old 2009-12-28, 23:43   Link #1013
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, whoops, didn't know that, sorry. So you've put up a Coco's birthday thread there as well? Knowing you, I'm not surprised, lol.
Old 2009-12-29, 00:19   Link #1014
Eab1990

Quote:
Oh, whoops, didn't know that, sorry. So you've put up a Coco's birthday thread there as well? Knowing you, I'm not surprised, lol.
Yup. Right here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=52688648
Old 2009-12-29, 00:24   Link #1015
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Are all those links you posted worksafe? I can't stand hentai, so I was just curious before I went and checked some of them. But I'm really surprised that topic has lived for so long on gamefaqs.
Old 2009-12-29, 00:31   Link #1016
Eab1990

Quote:
Are all those links you posted worksafe? I can't stand hentai, so I was just curious before I went and checked some of them. But I'm really surprised that topic has lived for so long on gamefaqs.
Yeah, they're safe. I've outlined what most of them are. In any case, GameFAQs doesn't allow any NSFW stuff, and Ever17 has very few hentai material in the first place (although a certain imageboard likes to celebrate differently)...

Btw, there are more links later on in the topic, just in case you overlook them. Though it's mainly an imagedump of pics from the one fansite posted a short while ago, and other pics I've found elsewhere.
Old 2009-12-29, 10:31   Link #1017
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Wow, there's a lot of pictures that you posted that I've never seen before. Guess there really is a lot of Ever17 sites out there that I've haven't been on yet. Did you collect these pictures over a long period of time?
Old 2009-12-29, 12:13   Link #1018
youdishou

Oh,my dear
These pictures are too rare!!!Thanks very very much!!!
youdishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 19:47   Link #1019
Eab1990

Quote:
Wow, there's a lot of pictures that you posted that I've never seen before. Guess there really is a lot of Ever17 sites out there that I've haven't been on yet. Did you collect these pictures over a long period of time?
Most of these were in the past month, actually. But they are indeed hard to come by, sadly...
Old 2009-12-29, 21:04   Link #1020
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

That's a bummer. I've more or less run out of sites to go to for Ever17. The only places that I don't think I've visited are Chinese or Russian fansites, if any exist (since Ever17 is one of the most popular VNs in those countries, from what I've heard.) Still, need to find some way of getting new material, right?

Tags
visual novel