AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 15:22   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Amagami - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Amagami SS anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Amagami SS which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2010-07-31, 18:33   Link #2
vash.san

What is the anime about

I've actually never heard about this anime Amagami...
I'd like to have someone's opinion on it, to know what it is about (without spoilers of course) and when it was released. I know i could just go and search for it online, but I came to this forum to have some good time discussing this kind of stuff so...
Old 2010-07-31, 19:15   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Let's try this approach.

Amagami SS is...
  • ...a school-based romantic fantasy anime.
  • ...currently airing on Fridays at 1:25am on Japanese TV station TBS (will air until December 2010).
  • ...based on a dating sim (ren'ai game) for the PS2, published by Enterbrain (the same development team who created Kimikiss).
  • ...a 26-episode anime adaptation of the game, told in "omnibus" format. Each heroine's story is told in 4 episodes, and then it "resets" to tell the story of the next heroine. (So you can think of it as 6 separate, but related shows.) The content of the last two episodes is TBD.
  • ...going to be presenting the heroines in the following order: Haruka, Kaoru, Sae, Ai, Rihoko, Tsukasa.
  • ...being sold in Japan on 13 DVDs/BDs, each disc containing two episodes, with the first disc being released on 20 October 2010.
  • ...popular among many romance anime fans because it gives each heroine a chance to shine, unlike most other adaptations in the genre that are forced to pick a single definitive heroine to get a happy ending (or modify the story significantly to do otherwise).
  • ...controversial among some other anime fans, who have criticized the anime's first arc's character development for being rushed, and the relationship portrayed for being arguably unrealistic (though some disagree with this criticism). Some have suggested that the omnibus format lacks the dramatic tension of the traditional adaptation style (since you already know, at least in theory, how each arc will end). A few outspoken critics have also dismissed the anime as "otaku pandering" or "wish fulfillment". All of these criticisms, however founded or unfounded they may be, have not generally deterred the show's fans.
I think that should cover all the main points.
Old 2010-08-02, 04:09   Link #4
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why was this anime described as "fantasy"? It sounds and looks like ordinary romantic school-life anime from most sources (feel free to use spoilers).

<Edit by Mod (xris): This is not a discussion thread nor is it a "forum game" thread, line removed>

Last edited by xris; 2010-08-02 at 14:52. Reason: This is not a discussion thread nor is it a "forum game" thread
Old 2010-08-04, 12:34   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why was this anime described as "fantasy"? It sounds and looks like ordinary romantic school-life anime from most sources (feel free to use spoilers).
Perhaps it's more instructive to put the two words together: "romantic fantasy". Especially in the way the anime is presented, with multiple story arcs that explore different possibilities, it takes on a bit of a fantastical tone. I didn't mean "Fantasy" in the "Dungeons & Dragons" sense.
Old 2010-08-29, 21:27   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Do all the girls we encounter and see in the art have stories in the game or only those who are getting arcs in the anime?
Old 2010-09-01, 09:16   Link #7
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

will we be seeing the secret character from the game on the anime?

Old 2010-09-01, 11:37   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Do all the girls we encounter and see in the art have stories in the game or only those who are getting arcs in the anime?
I haven't played the game but from what I've gathered about the whole Amagami series is, only the 6 main girls we're seeing in the anime have routes in the game.
The secret character kinda has a route as well but isn't much compared to the rest I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
will we be seeing the secret character from the game on the anime?
From what was said in the generic thread, oor lovely secret character will get something, probably part of the OVAs that will ship with the BD/DVD later.
Whether we see her in the series at any point for now is still up in the air.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:36   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Perhaps it's more instructive to put the two words together: "romantic fantasy". Especially in the way the anime is presented, with multiple story arcs that explore different possibilities, it takes on a bit of a fantastical tone. I didn't mean "Fantasy" in the "Dungeons & Dragons" sense.
I think it'd be more accurate to call it a romantic "fiction" than "fantasy."
Old 2010-09-22, 15:52   Link #10
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fantasy is fiction, so fantasy fits fine.
Old 2010-10-07, 23:48   Link #11
rasudoken

Spoiler for Regarding Sae Arc:
Old 2010-10-07, 23:53   Link #12
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

^
Spoiler for To reply:
Old 2010-10-08, 00:58   Link #13
GundamZZ
残念美人

I heard Hauka's overused word "Au" is making the reference to the voice recording from Android Au(by another voice actress). Does anyone have the sample voice?
Old 2010-10-17, 20:08   Link #14
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I have a question regarding Hibiki Tsukahara. Is there / was there any popularity for this character in Japan? I would like to see more depth of this character.
Old 2010-10-17, 20:47   Link #15
Gault
inc_mplete

^ not too sure

but from all the Mangas and books of Amagami I recieved/bought , theres one certain manga strip of Junichi and Hibiki getting close but nothing intimate , probably the only sketch which is for Hibiki x Jun fans..
Old 2010-10-17, 22:01   Link #16
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
^ not too sure

but from all the Mangas and books of Amagami I recieved/bought , theres one certain manga strip of Junichi and Hibiki getting close but nothing intimate , probably the only sketch which is for Hibiki x Jun fans..
ouch, that sucks..though not surprising since the fans have to be split up among 6 heroines already.

thanks for replying.
Old 2010-10-20, 21:31   Link #17
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I have a question regarding Hibiki Tsukahara. Is there / was there any popularity for this character in Japan? I would like to see more depth of this character.
Spoiler for Rankings:

Here are the rankings for popularity over in Japan, which are based purely around the game. Hibiki ranked 8th, which puts her behind the 6 main girls, and makes her the second most popular supporting character behind Miya.

Despite the caliber of her competition, I wish she was more popular.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2010-10-25, 13:20   Link #18
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This more a question about the production of the show, but does anyone know if each arc has it's own writer, or do they all have one single writer who handles the entire anime with the director?
Old 2010-10-25, 16:54   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
This more a question about the production of the show, but does anyone know if each arc has it's own writer, or do they all have one single writer who handles the entire anime with the director?
Both Noboru Kimura and Touko Machida are working on the script for the series, so i don't believe it's a different writer for each arc.
Old 2010-10-25, 17:09   Link #20
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Do we know who worked on each episode?

Tags
q&a