AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-24, 12:36   Link #2661
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
This series seems like its designed for 52 to 100+ episodes. 19 episodes in and it seems like they're still building up to a huge story arc.

What about Chiaki? Opening and ending make it seem like Chiaki will team up with Marika on an extended basis. She has yet to wear her green jumpsuit uniform.

Barbarossa crew hasn't been fully introduced. Kenjo Kurihara sent his daughter to meet Marika and he goes above and beyond to help Marika.

Is Kenjo Ririka's brother or just some old family friend? Kenjo is a descendent of the original pirates... Pirate families keep in touch? You'd think some of them would have rivalries.
It only seems that the main plot has really begun. We haven't seen any real villains that actually want to hurt Marika, and we also haven't seen any real action where everything up to now have been teases. I want to see real ship to ship combats where ships actually get blown up and destroyed with the Bentamaru actually suffering real damage.

What is up with Kenjo and the Barbarossa, we still haven't seen his crew fully introduced, and we still haven't seen Chiaki and Kenjo with their suits on. I do think that Kenjo may be an old family friend with past connections, but not a family member.

As some other poster said, then there is also the possibility that Marika's father is still alive and faked his death.

The pacing of the show has been slow and it has given us a sense of realism because of it with all the details it goes through about space traveling. However, it hasn't really touch the important aspect of the show like the plot. The main arcs left so many questions and it hasn't elaborated on the history or the reason behind each arc.

The show has to continue beyond 26 episodes to get anything done. This show can easily be a 52 or over 100 episodes with the pace is going.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:46   Link #2662
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gruier demands 200 episodes. If it was good enough for her Great, great, great, great (ect, ect) Grandmother, it is good enough for her Prince, Marika.

(Though, thinking about it, given the cloning nature of the Serenity Royalty....there may not be so many greats between Gruier and her Grandmother...she might even be a direct clone (or nearly direct, some genetic drift to keep up appearances). Though the Rose may mean they are indeed children or grandchildren...at least they didn't get their sister, aunt, niece's (whichever) pink hair.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-24 at 13:07.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:16   Link #2663
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Gruier demands 200 episodes.
What about the Sailor Moon series?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:48   Link #2664
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

There is some political intrigue going on in the background. It's like members of the Serenity systems and some imperial merchant trade federations are planning a war against the Empire or someone else.

We're getting hints that certain factions are hoarding weapons and exploiting loopholes in the law to arm up. There is some discontent in the galaxy.

The non-aggression pact concerning Marika makes sense. Privateers are sort of like Council Spectres in the Mass Effect universe. For the semi-autonomous systems that comprise the Colonial Federation, they can circumvent elements of their treaty with the Empire and seem to be integral to the "autonomous" part of their "semi-autonomy."

Marika's government would fight tooth and nail to keep her from getting ambushed, I assume. Empire may have interest in them for missions where they can't send their own forces.

The insurance company the Bentenmaru works with could be a front for the government, a company the government holds a majority stake in.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:57   Link #2665
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We are about as in the dark as Marika is. We might know just a little bit more than she does about the background dealings, but since she lives in that universe, she might have more background knowledge than we could ever hope to get. Since we don't have access to her high school history books.
Old 2012-05-24, 14:21   Link #2666
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We are about as in the dark as Marika is. We might know just a little bit more than she does about the background dealings, but since she lives in that universe, she might have more background knowledge than we could ever hope to get. Since we don't have access to her high school history books.
Well, infuriatingly enough, doesn't seem to give a shit anyway. She activated that secret UI that popped up on her father's desk and instead of perusing his stash for any journal entries, contacts, maps, information about his past, she goes straight for the pot-au-feu recipe.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 14:43   Link #2667
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well she did hit the one marked "Katou". I guess she thought it might have something on her father or her family, but instead it was the family recipe her mother mentioned she should know already as master of the Bentenmaru. Since she had wanted to learn that earlier, it was important to her at the time.

She just now has access to a lot of date (some which may be out of date since it has been about a year or so since her father died. I will assume he is dead due to the nature of the transfere of the Letter of Marque to Marika).

Next time we clearly have an enemy firing on school girls in dinghies. That is not a nice thing to do. Some one's going to have to answer for it. Plus we have some character designs that we've not seen yet and there are six episodes remaining (enough for another arc). Another group of pirates? Imperials vessels perhaps? We've not seen actual Imperials that we are aware. Just local forces (Sea of Morning Star or Serenity), corperates security, pirates (Lightning 11?) and privateers.
Old 2012-05-24, 15:00   Link #2668
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I read that some say it could still continue with 50 more episodes but I think for now with 8 novel just out, the animation staff will make 26 new episodes for a novel because it brings together 6 episodes I not right?
Old 2012-05-24, 20:59   Link #2669
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Though they seem to have only animated stuff from three of the novels. I don't think there has been stuff from novel four...but I can't be cetain of that.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:17   Link #2670
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and now that I think about Marika in the preview she participated in the race? But not to represent the academy Hakuho and therefore it must be given in a team of three who teamed with Marika? I wonder ...
Old 2012-05-25, 00:25   Link #2671
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hakuho was limited to three probably because they only have that many dinghies. (my guess).

Marika might be flying for the Bentenmaru instead. Maybe in the dinghy we say in her dream sequence, which was different from the ones the High School Club found on the Odette II. Chiaki-chan is flying too. Didn't see the Silent Whisper flying around.

From the drop from that station (wherever they are) there are a lot of participants.
Old 2012-05-25, 00:30   Link #2672
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

ha for sure the race is not just about academies but everyone (remembering that there was an older woman in the race) but then participates by Marika for his club and the academy Hakuho anyway I hate to see the episode hihi
Old 2012-05-25, 02:50   Link #2673
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
There is some political intrigue going on in the background. It's like members of the Serenity systems and some imperial merchant trade federations are planning a war against the Empire or someone else.

We're getting hints that certain factions are hoarding weapons and exploiting loopholes in the law to arm up. There is some discontent in the galaxy.

The non-aggression pact concerning Marika makes sense. Privateers are sort of like Council Spectres in the Mass Effect universe. For the semi-autonomous systems that comprise the Colonial Federation, they can circumvent elements of their treaty with the Empire and seem to be integral to the "autonomous" part of their "semi-autonomy."

Marika's government would fight tooth and nail to keep her from getting ambushed, I assume. Empire may have interest in them for missions where they can't send their own forces.

The insurance company the Bentenmaru works with could be a front for the government, a company the government holds a majority stake in.
There are some differences with Mouretsu Pirates/Privateers and Mass Effect's Council Spectres.

Mass Effect's Council Spectres keeps the peace across Citadel space. They can act either on the Citadel Council's orders or on their own initiative, to preserve galactic stability and answers only to the Citadel Council. Citadel Council is equivalent to Galactic Empire level government, but with weaker federal powers. Council Spectre's operations are backed by the Citadel Council not by insurance companies.

Bentenmaru's accidental weapons fire vs Stellar Navy indicates the differences with the level of authority and the Stellar Navy is not even same level as Galactic Empire. Bentenmaru's Letter of Marque is from the Morning Star planetary government.

In Star Trek's terms, the difference is like UFP's Starfleet Intelligence (similar to Mass Effect's Council Spectres) vs Hansen family's SS Raven (Privateers).

In Star Trek's 24th century, a galatic empire level superstate has yet to emerge i.e. you have several proto-galactic quadrant level superstates e.g. UFP *is* the superpower for it's alpha/beta quadrants while the Dominion for it's gamma quadrant.

Mouretsu Pirates' Galactic Empire has it's own large fleet to enforce it's authority over planetary systems and is not interested in most planetary level matters.

Marika would need the "background protection" since she sometimes not aware of her surroundings and can be a target for unsavory types.

Last edited by encia; 2012-05-25 at 03:51.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 14:38   Link #2674
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was only a matter of time. As soon as the name "Serenity" and that hair style popped up....

"Sailor Pirates raid Cruise Liner"
Old 2012-05-25, 14:44   Link #2675
Kyuu
=^^=

Marika as Sailor V? I approve.
Old 2012-05-25, 15:45   Link #2676
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

~STAMP~

Endless "I approve of this picture" Soul
Old 2012-05-25, 15:51   Link #2677
Kyuu
=^^=

Gruier needs to grow up - just a little.

Chiaki as Mars. No one else can take the place of Chiaki.

Misa as Mercury? Is there anyone in the series smarter than her? No. OK. Check.

Ririka as Jupiter? Tall, brash, tough. OK, also check.

Marika as Venus? Good-natured, flighty at times. OK.

Jenny and Lynn. Here's your Uranus and Neptune.

OK. Need a Saturn and Pluto.

Chibi-usa? That's Grunhilde. Does this make Grunhilde the equivalent as Gruier's child? Absolutely not. All this matching is a matter of personality.

Oh. Tuxedo Mask role. Kane!

===

Cosplay designer? No one else but Mami. And oh, how she'd have so much fun with this project. XD
Old 2012-05-25, 16:13   Link #2678
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

PFFF why when it's me who put this picture (2 times I had put it) everybody cares but when it's someone else saye comments everyone!? ?

:@

On page 132 (without spoil) and 133 (in spoil) ha yes like nobody has ever seen pff
Old 2012-05-25, 16:19   Link #2679
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
PFFF why when it's me who put this picture (2 times I had put it) everybody cares but when it's someone else saye comments everyone!? ?
I do not remember you posting that image, what I do remember is that many people still hotlink to images (instead of uploading them to sites like imgur or imageshack) and when I see their post all I see is the tiny icon of a broken link, most of the time I just continue reading (unless the text has really make me interested, but sometimes people add little or no descriptive text).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 16:19   Link #2680
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I must have missed it. I do remember you posted some things a few days ago that were broken image tags to me. Don't worry about it it.

Endless "<insert clever nickname here>" Soul

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri