AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 05:07   Link #521
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Or take out the normal ED, and have Sachi's singing as the ED, which will also free up some screen time for other stuff.
This is also a good Idea.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:41   Link #522
Utsuro no Hako

So next week is The Black Swordsman. On the plus side, it should be easy to fit the whole plot in a single episode, but on the other hand it's a pretty fillerish story which might annoy the anime-only viewers who are already complaining about the lack of plot development.

After that, there are three possibilities:

A) Murder Case. Of all the side stories, I can't see how they could fit this into one episode -- it's almost as long as Aria, but whereas Aria had a major subplot and lots of character development that could be cut without affecting the main story, Murder Case is all plot. Plus, if they do the story they really need to follow it up with anime-original material about the crusade against the Laughing Coffins, otherwise it'll seem like a dropped plot thread, especially when Cradil shows up. I think it might be better to just drop the whole LC idea.

B) Warmth of the Heart. I suppose that since they showed Kirito with different swords in RNR, they could do this story without giving away the Dual Swords reveal, but I'm not sold on having the episode so early.

C) SAO main story. Probably the best approach given how much people are clamoring for the main plot to start moving forward. The 74th Floor Boss Fight should revitalize interest in the show, especially if they go all out with the animation.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:57   Link #523
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So next week is The Black Swordsman. On the plus side, it should be easy to fit the whole plot in a single episode, but on the other hand it's a pretty fillerish story which might annoy the anime-only viewers who are already complaining about the lack of plot development.

After that, there are three possibilities:

A) Murder Case. Of all the side stories, I can't see how they could fit this into one episode -- it's almost as long as Aria, but whereas Aria had a major subplot and lots of character development that could be cut without affecting the main story, Murder Case is all plot. Plus, if they do the story they really need to follow it up with anime-original material about the crusade against the Laughing Coffins, otherwise it'll seem like a dropped plot thread, especially when Cradil shows up. I think it might be better to just drop the whole LC idea.

B) Warmth of the Heart. I suppose that since they showed Kirito with different swords in RNR, they could do this story without giving away the Dual Swords reveal, but I'm not sold on having the episode so early.

C) SAO main story. Probably the best approach given how much people are clamoring for the main plot to start moving forward. The 74th Floor Boss Fight should revitalize interest in the show, especially if they go all out with the animation.
Yep, one episode should be more than enough to cover that side story. As for the complaints, you just can't please everyone.

Ugh.. Murder Case is going to be a disaster if it gets condensed into one episode.. Argh. If the leaked episode list posted who knows how many pages back is correct.. and I think Murder Case is up next? And it's only one episode.. blah.

I think it's much too early for Warm of the Heart..

I think they'd be better off adapting the remaining short stories before moving on to the main story; if they were to so, then there wasn't much use in adapting the light novels chronologically unless they plan using the remaining side stories as flashbacks.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:05   Link #524
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Black Swordsman is a pretty strange side-story, given its design and plot progression.

It is something that is designed like the first episode of a shounen manga series, where an unassuming guy tags along with an unimportant female side-character, gets themselves entangled in some loser villain's attempts and lo behold, the revelation of the 'titular name of main character' along with how badass he is, as he defeats the villain and saves the girl.

So yeah... it'll probably feel weird. But the reality is that Black Swordsman is so filler-ish that it's hard to make it work anyway unless it is Ep1 of a real fantasy series titled 'Black Swordsman.'

Quote:
LC's involvement in Murder Case is a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.

Dropping them would very well make the other plot elements of the arc much better, but then removing them isn't exactly a good option either. You've pretty much brought up the other concern regarding whether or not its a proper linkage with all the other factors involved.

Quote:
Nopenopenopenopenope. (Translation : I agree with you on not having the episode so early )

Unless they decide to entirely remove Asuna's POV from the Warmth of the Heart, this is one story where it feels very wrong for it to be there before the SAO main story. Despite being chronologically set before the main story, from the perspective of the story flow and the romance interaction flow, this story treats it as if the romance between Kirito and Asuna had matured and they've shared a deep and unbreakable bond. ( not really yet... but you get my drift )

A bond that we, the viewers don't actually see until the SAO main story. ( After all, the story just before WoH has Asuna being all tsun-tsun over Kirito's slow wit and density )

My random thought? Make it a Lizbeth flashback after 74th Floor Boss is defeated, and let it be triggered via Lizbeth reading news on Kirito's victory.

Or something like that.

Quote:
Self-explanatory.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:49   Link #525
novalysis

Axe Laughing Coffin, and GGO and Alicization don't make a lick of sense. Axe Laughing Coffin, and they'd either have to do an OVA, or have an anime original conclusion to GGO.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:09   Link #526
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Axe Laughing Coffin, and GGO and Alicization don't make a lick of sense. Axe Laughing Coffin, and they'd either have to do an OVA, or have an anime original conclusion to GGO.
The main novel did fine without ever introducing any other LC member asde from Cradil. I'm not saying its a good thing, but assuming the LC trio doesn't make an appearance in Murder, not much is lost in the context of this animation adaption.

Yes, it would be detrimental slightly towards future adaptions, but that is a consideration for another project altogether.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:00   Link #527
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

About the only thing lost by axing the LC trio is we don't understand WTF was XaXa doing on that horse in GGO, whereas reading Murder Case reveals that he found Kirito's entry on horseback to be pretty cool, so hey, why not copy that idea.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 18:51   Link #528
Deltaray

So, I guess this is Fuurikazan's guild symbol as two of Klein's guild had this mark on their gear.

Now wonder if they add that that "skirt" scene in next episode lol, but they probably have to cut some minor things again so that would probably be one of them, sadly.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:36   Link #529
MasterVampire

Episode 3 was pretty good.

But is there any romance in this series?
I read that Kirito and Asuna are a couple but she was only in the second episode so far.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:43   Link #530
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
So, I guess this is Fuurikazan's guild symbol as two of Klein's guild had this mark on their gear.

Now wonder if they add that that "skirt" scene in next episode lol, but they probably have to cut some minor things again so that would probably be one of them, sadly.
Klein's guild is the Takeda clan?

edit: judging from a Koei wiki, the guild name is not a coincidence. Wow, that's some origin.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:45   Link #531
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Episode 3 was pretty good.

But is there any romance in this series?
I read that Kirito and Asuna are a couple but she was only in the second episode so far.
Well since you came to most spoilerific thread in this sub forum, yes there will be later on, it actually focuses on it pretty much.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:13   Link #532
maelstormCaT

I don't mind ep 3. It's a bit rushed I admit, but it cover the important bits of the story.
It's a bit weird to see the days went past so fast. It would be better to have Kirito saying how many days has passed instead of seeing the actual date itself per skip forward.

Next is black swordsman, then murder case, then warmth, then FINNALY into the main story. Can't wait!!

btw, I wonder what they'll do with warmth? That chapter have him showing off his <Unique Skill> after all... maybe he'll show it to lizbeth offscreen? hehe... but that would reduce the impact of the skill when it was revealed for the first time against <Glimmer Eyes>...

meh, oh well.

Personally can't wait till next episode. Kirito will start being a badass from that point on. Let the awesomeness began!
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 07:52   Link #533
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Klein's guild is the Takeda clan?

edit: judging from a Koei wiki, the guild name is not a coincidence. Wow, that's some origin.
Furinkazan take their name from Takeda Shingen's battle standard IRL. More details here. It's appropriatle badass.

Also, I like how all of them are not only using the same guild symbol on their armor, but are wearing similar styles of clothing and generally pushing the samurai look. And it works.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 16:43   Link #534
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

i find it really ironic in how they introduce RAT in episode3, and not episode2.

No one who just watches the anime will understand that RAT is the person who distributed those guide books everyone had.

Also the meeting of Asuna and Kirito left out a lot of impact.
I wanted her to bust out a ojou... unnecessary, and then read her commits as she ate that cream bread faster then OMGWTF while feeling very shameful about her saying simple things are unimportant.

Also the comedy about how important a bath is to asuna, was totally left out.
Even tho one of the reason's asuna wants to clear floors becomes so she can rent out a NICE apt with a deluxe bath.

:\

Well i hope they dont mess up the next episode.
Sicilla isnt one of my favorate characters, however one of the scenes from that arc is...

I think the warmth of the heart will probably be next, or it will be an Aria chapter with kirito and Asuna.

Im actually guessing it will be a Aria (the one where kirito is sick and accidentally calls asuna instead of Klien).. then followed by warmth of the heart, and then the vol.1 story will start.
Im also hoping for the story where he gets his elucidator... the black sword he has.

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-07-24 at 19:31.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 05:49   Link #535
Deltaray

So, watched PV from next episode, seems that everything is there from novels all the way to Titan's hand leader, even that "skirt" scene is there l0l.

Most likely we will still miss how Silica "got" alone in the woods, episode might start instantly from those ape attacks. (and Op kick in when Kirito 1 shots them.)

Edit:

Spoiler for Picture:
Old 2012-07-25, 06:02   Link #536
Hmm....

At least, it look like they won't start the episode with Silica journey together with Kirito and Pina is already dead
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 06:04   Link #537
Deltaray

Oh and those drunk ape's look pretty nice tbh.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:09   Link #538
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
At least, it look like they won't start the episode with Silica journey together with Kirito and Pina is already dead
Which would confuse any anime-only watcher.
Kirito, on the brink of madness and despair in one episode, in the other journeying with a loli?

Personally I hope the episode starts of with the fight scene against the apes while Silica has a monologue on what led to her travelling alone and how Pina died, with Kirito then coming into the scene followed by the op.
Old 2012-07-25, 06:13   Link #539
Clarste
Human

Hmm, I don't really see how The Black Swordsman fits in right now. Well, I do, but I don't like it much. Episode 3 ended with Kirito basically giving up out of guilt, silently vowing to never party again for fear of getting someone killed and generally being recklessly suicidal while leveling.

Which is... not exactly how he's portrayed in The Black Swordsman. He's working with others the entire story for little reason, and even when it turns out he was using her as bait he's doing that as a favor for someone else. He even directly puts someone in danger while trusting in his own abilities. Did he learn anything from the Black Cats? It's like... his character developed between the stories in a way that really should have been shown.

The logical conclusion of what the anime doing is that Scilica will be the one who warms his heart again. Somehow. For no particular reason. It just strikes me as weird.

As for Murder Case, I think it could definitely be shrunk down. I really liked the concept of having a "locked room mystery" based on game mechanics, but the story kind of meanders and the solution is a bit unsatisfying. Also, Laughing Coffin doesn't need to be mentioned by name, you just need to establish that some players are remorseless killers. Who exactly they are isn't important until GGO.

I suppose the hardest part would be doing enough justice to Asuna in the story. This is basically the "how they met" story for the main couple, especially since their connection in Aria was abbreviated so much.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 06:14   Link #540
novalysis

Episode 4 would either be a Kirito "Healing" episode, or the start of Kirito's harem. It will be challenging to put across that Silica was the one who helped Kirito out of his Post-Sachi funk. Then again, because there is no "First Day" animated, our viewers are unaware of Kirito's huge Imouto complex. The "you remind me of your sister" may well be seen as something coming out of no where.

So yes, the adapters have a challenging time establishing that Silica saved Kirito from his Post-Sacchi depression, while preventing charges of : Kirito's character is too inconsistent!

I'm waiting for the joking comparisons to Clannad.

Episode 3: Sacchi Route
Episode 4: Silica Route
Episode 5: (Murder?) Asuna Route
Episode 6: (Warmth of the Heart) Lizbeth Route.
Episode 7 - 13,14 or 15: Asuna Route - True End
ALO : Urgh. Imouto Route, Afterstory, Asuna Route: Best End.

SAO VN.....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote