AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 17:31   Link #301
Sides

Think some tickets are shared, like lobby actions. It is just the character customisation things like accessories, hair style and voices that aren't.
I'm bit conflicted about episode two's updates, it is too much PSU for my liking, but at least it keeps things interesting.

Oh yeah anniversary event will be coming later this week and the border break crossover, plus lots of more stuff.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:36   Link #302
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Think some tickets are shared, like lobby actions. It is just the character customisation things like accessories, hair style and voices that aren't.
I'm bit conflicted about episode two's updates, it is too much PSU for my liking, but at least it keeps things interesting.

Oh yeah anniversary event will be coming later this week and the border break crossover, plus lots of more stuff.
I never played PSU so I have no idea. To be honest it just looks like more of the same except for a new class and new race. New planet will be fun though poor Lilipa it will be the only planet with only two areas still. The timeline looked like the new planet and it's three areas will be coming in over the rest of the year.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 17:44   Link #303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

And here I was wondering weeks ago why heterochromia wasn't introduced in the game, considering how "popular" that kind of feature is, well

I won't really bother either with the new race: albeit I would definitely welcome the offensive oriented stats, it is just a huge bother to grind exp all the way to lvl60+.
Old 2013-06-10, 18:04   Link #304
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I won't really bother either with the new race: albeit I would definitely welcome the offensive oriented stats, it is just a huge bother to grind exp all the way to lvl60+.
Think they are trying to make it easier to level up classes, like exp boost days, free exp boosters and more rewarding COs. Furthermore subclasses will be receiving some exp from kills and in field e-codes soon, meaning you will be leveling two classes at once in the near future.
The next level cap (65) isn't going to be introduced until October, so you will have a few months to level your new character. Also two character means you can run TACOs twice a day, meaning more meseta!

Last edited by Sides; 2013-06-11 at 02:27.
Old 2013-06-11, 02:14   Link #305
leadeater

Quote:
Think they are trying to make it easier to level up classes, like exp boost days, free exp boosters and more rewarding COs. Furthermore subclasses will be receiving some exp from kills and in field codes soon, meaning you will be leveling two classes at once in the near future.
The next level cap (65) isn't going to be introduced until October, so you will have a few months to level your new character. Also two character means you can run TACOs twice a day, meaning more meseta!
Double TACOs means I can just do VHTAs every day. Saves time doing all the hard TACOs that's for sure. Still, I have no storage space already due to being a cast. How problematic.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 03:15   Link #306
Xacual

I just wish I could get a shop ticket to sell off all these Souls and other assorted things I've picked up. I already don't bother with Hards, TACOs are boring enough without adding even more monotony.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-06-11, 03:22   Link #307
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
.. Hards, TACOs are boring enough without adding even more monotony.
Same, I don't even do VH TACOs every day. VH TA is only worth doing because of meseta and chances to get into the den. If it wasn't for the tiny chance to get into the den, I probably won't run TA at all, unless I need some meseta, and that one grinder.
Old 2013-06-11, 10:07   Link #308
leadeater

Quote:
Same, I don't even do VH TACOs every day. VH TA is only worth doing because of meseta and chances to get into the den. If it wasn't for the tiny chance to get into the den, I probably won't run TA at all, unless I need some meseta, and that one grinder.
When you do them every day, you start hating den. It's annoying having a 30-50 minute gap between your next TA. But yeah, if there's one TA I utterly dislike it's Lilipa. There's just something about that makes it worse than every other TA.
Old 2013-06-11, 10:23   Link #309
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadeater View Post
When you do them every day, you start hating den. It's annoying having a 30-50 minute gap between your next TA. But yeah, if there's one TA I utterly dislike it's Lilipa. There's just something about that makes it worse than every other TA.
Den is fun though. Lots of bosses though it's not as great anymore now that you can fight Hunar in Ruins AQ.

Old 2013-06-11, 15:09   Link #310
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Dumans? I'm with Sides in thinking that PSU is starting to leak into this game, and I don't like it.

This mention of TACOs is making me want to have some.
Old 2013-06-12, 06:42   Link #311
Xacual

The Border Break event is fun. Lots of bosses in that MPA and that's all it is, an MPA area. And it's a constant quest for the next two weeks, I know what I'm going to be doing a lot of.

The bingo card on the other hand, first one easy, reverse bingo card though? That one is evil. Requires you having done the level 45 +5 skill point CO for all classes.

Old 2013-06-17, 05:10   Link #312
Sides

Episode 2 PV

Vol 2 Premium pack gives you PSU clothing and mag device.
Old 2013-06-26, 06:34   Link #313
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Dumans? I'm with Sides in thinking that PSU is starting to leak into this game, and I don't like it.
You forgot to mention support partners too ;-)
I'm still pretty happy with the decisions being made, but there's still plenty of things to screw up. And I hope they eventually recreate Ragol in some form, this is a direct sequel after all.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:21   Link #314
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
You forgot to mention support partners too ;-)
I'm still pretty happy with the decisions being made, but there's still plenty of things to screw up. And I hope they eventually recreate Ragol in some form, this is a direct sequel after all.
Since when? Everything I've heard said PSO2 exists in it's own continuity.

Old 2013-06-27, 03:05   Link #315
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Since when? Everything I've heard said PSO2 exists in it's own continuity.
Maybe I worded that incorrectly. Some people believe that all the PS games are related from PS1 through Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and PSO2. In any event PSP2i and PSO1 are definitely related considering several characters and Pioneer 2 appear in the game. However the hard part is trying to figure out how PSO2 relates to PSP2i if at all. However if all the other PS games are related it'd be weird to tag the "Online 2" and have no relation at all, so I'm gonna assume the story hasn't progressed far enough yet.

Might explode your head be careful!

The link above contains the popular theory, I don't really come down on either side, but having played every PS (Well except PSP2i and Gaiden), I like to think they're all related and I can definitely see how they would be.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 07:25   Link #316
Sides

Quote:
Maybe I worded that incorrectly. Some people believe that all the PS games are related from PS1 through Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and PSO2. In any event PSP2i and PSO1 are definitely related considering several characters and Pioneer 2 appear in the game. However the hard part is trying to figure out how PSO2 relates to PSP2i if at all. However if all the other PS games are related it'd be weird to tag the "Online 2" and have no relation at all, so I'm gonna assume the story hasn't progressed far enough yet.

The link above contains the popular theory, I don't really come down on either side, but having played every PS (Well except PSP2i and Gaiden), I like to think they're all related and I can definitely see how they would be.
On the other side you have people considering that only PS titles from sonicteam are related and the alfa ones to be spin offs, despite the fanservice missions in PSP2i. Then you have others that sees PS, PSO and PSU as different universes, and pso2 as something to make both parties happy, basically to take bits and bobs from each series.

Episode 2 is out next month.
Currently the anniversary event is going on, with EQ and timelimited quest to enable people to unlock most things quickly, i.e advance classes, COs aso, but also enable people to speed leveling. Furthermore Burning Rangers EQ was brought into the game with yesterdays update.The EQ is timelimted and required if you want to complete the 3rd bingo card.
Old 2013-06-28, 18:50   Link #317
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The Phantasy Star Online series has always been said to be its own universe. Same thing with the Phantasy Star Universe series. Of course, then Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity was released with some kind of tie to Phantasy Star Online to retcon their previous stance that PSU has no relation to PSO. *sigh*

Of course, facts won't stop fans from making timeline theories.
Old 2013-06-28, 19:40   Link #318
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:

I've debunked these crazy theories before.
Quote:
Well, the original quadrilogy and the Online titles use a calendar system with dates of either BW (Before Waizz) or AW (After Waizz), based on the unification of Palma under King Waizz.
This is wrong. Phantasy Star Online uses AUW, not AW. To my knowledge, it never uses BW at all.
Quote:
IS THERE A CORRELATION BETWEEN THE ALGOL CALENDAR AND THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR?:
The article now jumps to a different tangent without explaining how it came there and why it matters.
Quote:
Humans arrive in the Algol System in 846 AW, after their planet was destroyed and made unlivable about 200 years in the past.
Nowhere is it said how long the Earthmen have been sailing through the stars.
Quote:
The game has different endings, but in one of the endings (the one believed to be canon), one of the world-ships, the Alisa III, travels through a black hole and ends up in the Sol System very far into the past, having traversed both space and time.
Nonsense. None of the endings are believed to be canon. What it is, though, is the most popular one to make theories around.
Quote:
Since this must be prior to AW 646, a date of AW 284 makes sense, because that would be 1,000 years prior to the events of “Phantasy Star II,” and would coincide with Dark Force’s appearance in “Phantasy Star” (since Dark Force manifests every 1,000 years). This would make sense, too, because the Dark Force from the “future” would be awakened in parallel with the one in Algol in AW 284.
Oh, so that's what the calendar theory culminates into. What a waste of e-paper, as it doesn't affect anything.
Quote:
First, evidence in the game itself shows that the game takes place in AW 3084, about 800 years after the events of “Phantasy Star IV.”
Actually, Phantasy Star Online takes place in AUW 3084. This renders the rest of the tie to Phantasy Star Online void, as it relies on that sole fact.
Quote:
SO WHAT HAPPENED TO CORAL BETWEEN THE EVENTS OF PHANTASY STAR II AND PHANTASY STAR ONLINE?:

This is another good question, and one that seems to be answered by “Phantasy Star Zero” on the DS.
There is no foundation for this assertion. Most people who want to tie the game to Phantasy Star Online actually put it after the PSO series.
Quote:
Newmans (a race which later appear in the Online and Universe titles) are revealed to have been created long ago by the Mother Trinity
This was never said in Phantasy Star 0.
Quote:
It seems like the wars referred to in the background of Online refer to this series of wars that was fought on Coral in Zero.
The wars referred to in Phantasy Star Online were conflicts between nations, not the kind that Phantasy Star 0 tells us about. Furthermore, the wars were recent, not in the past.
Quote:
First, it has been suggested that the Alliance of Nations knew that the Mother Trinity would soon do what she did, and thus around AW 3060 they began to look for a new home world. Pioneer 1 and 2 (and maybe others, but this is not confirmed) made it off of Coral in time, but others did not make it off before the Great Blank happened.
Again, unfounded speculation. There is evidence contradicting this, even, as by the time of Phantasy Star Online: Episode III, which takes place 21 years after Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II, Coral is still doing fine.
Quote:
Another possibility is that the Great Blank was sometime between about AW 1284 (though most certainly not this early, but this date is listed to provide a time range) and AW 2860, and it was sometime after this event that people left Coral.
I don't understand where this comes from or how it even fits into the picture.
Quote:
Personally, I believe more in the first possibility, and that the moniker “Zero” refers to the fact that the game explains why people left Coral to head to Ragol.
No, it was explained in an interview that the "0" (THE NUMBER, DAMN IT, STOP SPELLING IT OUT) refers to starting fresh with a clean base in the context of making a game that was like Phantasy Star Online.
Quote:
IS RYKROS CORAL?:
WTF?
Quote:
As to why Rykros appears in the Gurhal System around the time of the Universe games, well, that’s simple: The Gurhal System must fall within its massive orbit.
Rykros in Phantasy Star Universe isn't even a planet, for crying out loud!
Quote:
It’s somewhat unclear as to why Rykros has a VR simulation of Ragol on it, though my guess is that perhaps Rykros was in orbit of the system back when Parum was called Ragol
Since when was Parum called Ragol to begin with?
Quote:
IS COPTO CORAL?
*falls over*
Quote:
In Japan, there was a side-story game released on the Sega Game-Gear called “Phantasy Star Gaiden” that discusses some of the events in Alis Landale’s life after “Phantasy Star.”
This side story was supposed to tie in to an earlier version of Phantasy Star IV that was scrapped. As such, it can hardly be called relevant.
Quote:
It has been suggested that just as the names of various planets have changed over the years (Mota = Motavia = Motav, for example)
Oh, please. The first two are just different translations of the same name, while the last one is a reference found in Phantasy Star Online.

If we go by this logic then Algol = Ragol = Coral = Gurhal, Parma = Parum, Motavia = Moatoob.
Quote:
As a colony of the Palmans, it’s very likely that they came to know of the Earthmen
It's very unlikely, actually. I don't think I even need to explain why.
Quote:
Add to the facts that “Copto” can be transliterated as “Coral” between Japanese and English and…Well…We have a good possibility!
This is based on a single PSO World post with nothing to back it up.
Quote:
“Phantasy Star III” is listed as AW 3284 in the Japanese version, which is 1,000 years after PS4, but the English date of AW 2284 makes more sense, as that would be 1,000 years after Palma’s destruction and the exodus of their people.
No, it doesn't.

In conclusion, lots of speculation with few facts to back it up.
Old 2013-07-01, 06:46   Link #319
Sides

More information on episode two on the official homepage: http://pso2.jp/ep2/system/
Including personal loli bots, new NPCs, dumens, the new field and new darker enemies.

4th of July is the first anniversary of PSO2. As such there will be an anniversary event. This means we will be getting a special boost, which are +50% on experience points, +50% on rare drops and +50% on rare enemies appearance
Old 2013-07-01, 11:59   Link #320
leadeater

Quote:
More information on episode two on the official homepage: http://pso2.jp/ep2/system/
Including personal loli bots, new NPCs, dumens, the new field and new darker enemies.

4th of July is the first anniversary of PSO2. As such there will be an anniversary event. This means we will be getting a special boost, which are +50% on experience points, +50% on rare drops and +50% on rare enemies appearance
Heh heh. It's time to grind that Cougar Ace. Money here I come.

Tags
pc-windows