AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-03-13, 22:20   Link #1981
jkpyron

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the series this .gif is from:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. Thanks for any help in advance
jkpyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 04:17   Link #1982
mecano

Recently I saw an anime which was dubbed. I really want to know the title of this anime. It's an historical anime, though a part happened also in the present time. There's a highschool girl who's somehow ended in a book. She has a brother. But while she's in the story of the book, another highschool girl (her friend) is reading the story in the present time. The highschool girl ended in the past. There she met a king and she's with a male friend which has a kanji on his head, I think it meant "demon" or "ghost". The sign is not always visible. There are other people too with kanji on their bodies in the anime. They've found out that the highschool girl is "the chosen one/special person".
Does anyone know which anime this is?
Thank you in advance.
mecano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 04:25   Link #1983
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecano View Post
Recently I saw an anime which was dubbed. I really want to know the title of this anime. It's an historical anime, though a part happened also in the present time. There's a highschool girl who's somehow ended in a book. She has a brother. But while she's in the story of the book, another highschool girl (her friend) is reading the story in the present time. The highschool girl ended in the past. There she met a king and she's with a male friend which has a kanji on his head, I think it meant "demon" or "ghost". The sign is not always visible. There are other people too with kanji on their bodies in the anime. They've found out that the highschool girl is "the chosen one/special person".
Does anyone know which anime this is?
Thank you in advance.
Sounds like Fushigi Yuugi.
The world inside the book isn't historical, it's fictional fantasy world loosely based on Chinese mythology, like the Twelve Kingdoms world.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-14 at 04:39.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 08:38   Link #1984
mecano

Yep, that's the anime I saw. Thanks so much for your help!
mecano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 11:27   Link #1985
Aero

Anyone can help identifying this series.

My description might be vague but this series is similar to samurai pizza cats + yaiba. Its like a mix of those two. It features armored humanoid that looks like samurai pizza cat's armor. I mixed in yaiba because I can remember one of the members or one of the antagonist looks like the toad villain from yaiba. Its been a while since I saw this, it was translated to english in Asia (so no NA dubbed). I saw it in 1993-95 so the original one would be on or before that. I'm still trying to remember some more details.
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 14:47   Link #1986
killuan.
Banned

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...kkp2/ACFAS.jpg

Would like to know what anime this SS came from. Thanks in advance.
killuan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:51   Link #1987
Copycatken

Does anyone know if this picture is from a game or is it just plain fanart? It's supposed to be from sangokushi taisen but I haven't seen anything that looks like this.

Copycatken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 00:08   Link #1988
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Does anyone know if this picture is from a game or is it just plain fanart? It's supposed to be from sangokushi taisen but I haven't seen anything that looks like this.

It is from the game. If you can view this picture from the Game site, and if you can make them out, it seems all the girls are in those pictures.

Your post appears to be a blown up, solo image of them.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 06:21   Link #1989
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's fanart, more specifically, fanart drawn by Charm.

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 06:40   Link #1990
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Anyone can help identifying this series.

My description might be vague but this series is similar to samurai pizza cats + yaiba. Its like a mix of those two. It features armored humanoid that looks like samurai pizza cat's armor. I mixed in yaiba because I can remember one of the members or one of the antagonist looks like the toad villain from yaiba. Its been a while since I saw this, it was translated to english in Asia (so no NA dubbed). I saw it in 1993-95 so the original one would be on or before that. I'm still trying to remember some more details.

There are way, way, WAY too many anime that fit that description.
Were they squash-down deformed characters like pizza cats, or were they real human size? Were there any humans piloting it? Were the robots sentinent? Where there any human characters around? What was the premise of the show, the story? Just by your description, the whole Lamune series, Wataru series, etc could be brought up.

Anyways, if they were the same squash-down deformed characters like Samurai Pizza Cats,
I might suggest checking out Shippu! Iron Leaguer. It's a sports robot anime that aired in 1993.
If not, try googling Lamune and Wataru series.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:26   Link #1991
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuan. View Post
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...kkp2/ACFAS.jpg

Would like to know what anime this SS came from. Thanks in advance.
That looks like Naruto to me. Could be wrong since it is kinda blurry but it sure does. That ninja in the background is wearing something like ninjas from Naruto, green outfit with a jersy and a head band.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:27   Link #1992
Manifold

Hello again, I frequent this thread..

I remember this Doraemon movie from my child hood. All I can remember is that it had a talking car which sacrificed itself at the end to save everyone. Again, I saw the cantonese dub.

Any clues?

(I looked through the AniDB entries, but they're not very helpful.)
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:38   Link #1993
Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There are way, way, WAY too many anime that fit that description.
Were they squash-down deformed characters like pizza cats, or were they real human size? Were there any humans piloting it? Were the robots sentinent? Where there any human characters around? What was the premise of the show, the story? Just by your description, the whole Lamune series, Wataru series, etc could be brought up.

Anyways, if they were the same squash-down deformed characters like Samurai Pizza Cats,
I might suggest checking out Shippu! Iron Leaguer. It's a sports robot anime that aired in 1993.
If not, try googling Lamune and Wataru series.
The character design looks similar to the iron leaguer. they are deformed like samurai pizza cats, they are short and similar build to the iron leaguer and no one's piloting them. They are sentient not sure if they are robots though, looks like it. it is set in feudal japan, mostly swords and other feudal japanese weapons. I cant think of anything right now but Im trying to google it or atleast trying to browse areound ann or anidb.
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 22:25   Link #1994
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifold View Post
Hello again, I frequent this thread..

I remember this Doraemon movie from my child hood. All I can remember is that it had a talking car which sacrificed itself at the end to save everyone. Again, I saw the cantonese dub.

Any clues?

(I looked through the AniDB entries, but they're not very helpful.)
Theatrical Doraemon "Nobita no Kaitei Kiganjou". (Nobita's Underwater Castle adventure)
IMO, the BEST Doraemon movie of them all.
Watched it when I was little too, and cried when I saw Buggy-chan sacrifice himself...

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-17 at 00:16.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 22:36   Link #1995
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
The character design looks similar to the iron leaguer. they are deformed like samurai pizza cats, they are short and similar build to the iron leaguer and no one's piloting them. They are sentient not sure if they are robots though, looks like it. it is set in feudal japan, mostly swords and other feudal japanese weapons. I cant think of anything right now but Im trying to google it or atleast trying to browse areound ann or anidb.
Ah, well the setting definitly narrows it down.
You might be thinking of Yamato Takeru. It's not set in feudal Japan, it's set in a lot older era than feudal (like by 1000 years) of ancient Japan.
Yamato Takeru OP on youtube.
Old 2007-03-17, 00:53   Link #1996
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
  • At first her face and eyes reminded me of Len (Ren) from a game called 'Melty Blood' (one of the tsukihime games).
    - The problem is that normaly/by_default Len's hair is blue, though white-len's hair is grey. Also, Len has a different hair style though it could be considered similar.
    (The initial guess was probably because I play Melty Blood too often ^_^; )

(A few critical points that would help ‘distinguish’ the hair style are cropped out of the source image. Yes the ‘style’ can be seen, but the lack of those points in combination with the possibility of it being fan/promotional art makes reassurance difficult which you will see in a moment.)
  • A better guess is probably Illyasviel von Einzbern (aka Ilya) from Fate/stay night (another one from TYPE-MOON that was also turned into an anime).
    - Her hair style is closer to the girl in your image, and odds may favor this guess as well. (The Fate/stay anime is more recent and probably more popular then the Tsukihime anime - which Len wasn't in anyway, among a few lesser reasons.)

The necklace might be key, but I’m not sure I can say that one or the other ever had (or hadn’t) worn a similar one (and it could be a random accessory added to the composition solely by that artist). It might also be usefull to note that the girl has far more eyelashes drawn then these two TYPE-MOON girls typicaly do.

I would go with Ilya for my guess.
Hope that helps. Google for some images of each of them and see what you think.
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 04:19   Link #1997
Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Theatrical Doraemon "Nobita no Kaitei Kiganjou". (Nobita's Underwater Castle adventure)
IMO, the BEST Doraemon movie of them all.
Watched it when I was little too, and cried when I saw Buggy-chan sacrifice himself...
Hey, thank you. Now, all I need to do is wait until I go back to Hong Kong in the summer and find the cantonese version..
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 10:50   Link #1998
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Beyblade episode question..
somewhere i think in the third series G Revolution, Ray Kon gets injured at a point where he's taken on a stretcher with a oxygen mask (say a picture of that scene a long time ago) but ive never been able to figure out what episode that was, dos anyone know?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 20:50   Link #1999
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Can someone tell me where this character is from? It's Jazzrat's avy and it seems familiar but I don't know where its from.

Thanks in advance
Old 2007-03-19, 06:41   Link #2000
Sofox

Hey, I posted this here over two years ago, but I didn't get a reply so if it's okay, I'm posting it again.

There's this half hour animated short I watched years ago on a cartoon channel. I'm not sure whether it was animé or not, but it seemed to have a more serious tone to it. In some ways like style and characters, it's a little like Ferngully or Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, you know, with more realistically proportioned characters. I think it was called "electric fence" or "electric barricade" or something.
Anyway, it's set in this city in the future, it's sunny, yet gritty. At the start we see this dictator (you don't see his face at first) who the people go up to show respect to, when the dictator the pushes a button (on a single button remote) and the robots the robots of the city start attacking the people, a montage of the button being pressed and the destruction continuing. Anyway, time passes and in the city that seems deserted and desolate, falling into disrepair, and a guy and a girl meet up unexpectedly (while the guy is grabbing a large sub from an abandoned fridge) and together try to find a way to escape, first going through the sewer, almost drowning, then to the surface. Apparently there's this electric shield that surrounds the city. In escaping, they deal with attacking robots, the woman discovers they guys arm is robotic after damaged in a robotic construction explosion, and the guy makes an improvised catapult out of the elastic from a pair of boxers (no joke).

The following is spoiler material:
It turns out the "dictator" is just a kid who made the robots attack out of a bout of immaturity. When the duo see this, and end up breaking his control of the robots (by breaking his remote with the aforementioned elastic catapult), suddenly robots now have no one controlling them and the kid ends up in the same situation they are in. However, upon noticing a bird come down from the sky, the girl suddenly jumps to the conclusion that there is no electric shield, it's just a illusion, and that they aren't the only ones that remain of the city's population, they are just the last ones to leave the city. In realisation of this, all three of them end up in a vehicle that they drive straight into the shield at the outskirts of the city chanting to themselves "it's not really there, it's not really there." There's then a flashback of the guy and girl to when they first meet and a few events before, (which is sort of funny since this happened less then 20 mins ago in real time) and the trio wake up on a desolate plain with the city in the background, yet in front of them lies this rich land lush with vegetation and natural beauty. "Do you think there's people down there" "I bet there are" is said, and about then, it ends.

Well, that's most of what I remember about it, it was so long ago, but I loved it so much, so if anyone knows anything of it, please let me know, thanks.
Sofox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel