*IT Support

Final Fantasy XIV Beta
Need For Speed World
Guild Wars
Old 2010-09-11, 04:04   Link #2082
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Replaying Oblivion modded to the shit house on my new pc.

I forgot how much I loved just roaming around and exploring.

The Unique Landscapes modifications are brilliant. They add so much atmosphere to regions that were bland and uneventful.

And I don't know how I ever played without Deadly Reflex.

Slash>Stagger>Bash>Power Swipe>Decapitation!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:43   Link #2083
LMF

Got too many. I'm playing "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" for the hell of it.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 05:53   Link #2084
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Napoleon Total War
Fate/Stay Night (Game)
Roma Surrectum 2
Old 2010-09-12, 07:27   Link #2085
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Fate/Stay Night (Game)
Good on you.

Is it your first time? Let us know how you get on.

<3 Saber.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:45   Link #2086
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Good on you.

Is it your first time? Let us know how you get on.

<3 Saber.
Yeah Kaze told me a few tricks on where to download the game, so I'm trying the trick out for myself.
Old 2010-09-13, 04:52   Link #2087
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Finished Gothic 3 all 3 endings (done as much as i could without choosing any side and i just loaded that part and picked another side once i finished with one of them). Also played with Alternative Balancing mode off since i wanted to experience as much of the game as possible (in other words i mastered everything except some of the Adanos spells but i had scrolls so np). Reason for doing this was because i had a feeling this wasn't a game i was gonna replay (not that it turned out bad but if i had to replay one of the Gothic games that would be Gothic 1/2 for sure and not this). Also one thing i can say for sure this is not the full potential of the game by a mile the game is only around 70% complete even with the community patch, they must've been in a real hurry to reach the deadline...

Lets split this up a little in two categories the good and the bad:

The good:

-some models and textures are a real treat for the eye and are masterfully done (for example the Scavenger, the robes, many of the most powerful weapons, Xardas's model is quite nicely done).
-The landscape/area, very nice detail with lots of things to find out, excellent scenery, its bursting with life (you'll see, rabits, snakes, Deers, Bizons etc besides the monster "cast"), its really immersive.
-the music/sounds, its superb they have some epic scores and really help on immersion.
-most quests are nice and diverse.
-one of the rarely few choice based games where the dark path is actually dark and satisfying.

The Bad:

-first thing about Xardas they fu... changed his voice actor .... very bad call the original voice actor for Xardas was epic, unlike the current one which doesn't even compare....
-The so called towns... The City of Khorinis in Gothic 2 now that was a town, even the camps in Gothic where far more and better develop then all of the towns in Gothic 3, some of the structures can barely pass as fortresses, many are basically just some small settlements...
- bugs and the complete lack of optimization.
- its incomplete some of the models and textures suck... like i said the difference on the properly worked ones and on the second rated ones can be noticed by a mile...
-human models suck.
-almost no replay value because after making your choice your almost done with the game, with Gothic 1&2 their was so much replay value up to 3 times at least (well unless your like me i stopped counting after i replayed gothic the 10th time).
-adding endurance thus no more speed potions and changing how the melee combat system performs compared to the other gothic's... (yeah i hated the new approach)

There where more i'll edit and write them if i remember...

I'm planing to play Forsaken Bugs sorry i meant Gods... next so that i'm finished and will be able to fully enjoy Arcania.
Old 2010-09-13, 09:58   Link #2088
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Call of Duty 2 and making a walkthrough for it on Veteran (hardest) difficulty in 720p for youtube.

The game still looks really great and the scripted events are still awe inspiring. I really love the mission 'The End of the Beginning' with the low zooming aeroplanes throughout the level. The sound they make is awesome.
Old 2010-09-14, 21:55   Link #2089
Serated
In your heart.

Had been playing Aion for a couple of months and just recently stopped. At this point I'm waiting for Vindictus Open Beta to start tomorow ~.^. Although I haven't gotten my hopes up too much.
Serated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:02   Link #2090
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Medal of Honor: Airborne: It's actually pretty good, but I did go into it with a pretty unfriendly view on the game so maybe it just exceeds my low expectations.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 10:33   Link #2091
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Picked up Persona 4 about a week ago and I'm about 20 hours in, and the date is around 5/9 in game.

Impressions

Characters
Have to say, it's very unique.
I love the slice of life aspect to it, and the way it ties into the battle and leveling system. Building up social links is an enjoyable process while developing characters at the same time.
The characters are not your typical cliches, and have great personality to them. Luckily the English VAs do a decent job, and bring out their character successfully. I was even surprised they kept the honorifics, which I give respect to Atlus for.
They should've kept "Onii-chan" though, cause that's just adorable. >_<

Battle System

The Persona system, something I never understood when I heard about the game, is a cool spin on your regular stat system. I'm the kind the guy who spends hours just figuring out combinations to put together, just trying to make that awesome monster.
The problem is that since the persona is what retains your stat and skills, fights are difficult if you can't create a good party of persona, which I'm currently struggling with. I'm stuck having to grind occasionally to advance levels upward (currently lvl 21).
Granted, I've only unlocked Yukiko's castle as of now, so maybe that will become easier over time.

(-)Day Cycle
My biggest gripe is something I tend not to like in other games; the rigid day cycle.
The way I play RPGs is that I want to explore and do as many sidequests and treasure hunts as I can before moving onto the next plot piece.
In this game, I have to choose either going into dungeons and grabbing persona to try and build up my party, or spend that afternoon with one of my partners so I can build up their S. Links.
These are both extremely important, and it's stressful because I have to choose one or the other, while having to worry about time efficiency. It's that constant feeling that you're doing things all wrong, but you can't bother to go back, because it's a 90 hour+ game. The new game plus sounds helpful, but I don't know if I want play through it all again.

Overall
Besides that, I can see why this game has a cult following. While the battle system is pretty standard, the persona aspect adds another layer of strategy to it. The tie-in of living a regular high school life into the battle system is far from the gives it much purpose, and the plot so far is pretty engaging.
I only hope there enough days in the game to complete what I want complete, and I REALLY hope the fog=game-over scenario doesn't trap me in a hole.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 10:49   Link #2092
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

I just finished Starcraft 2, holy crap it was long! I'm now playing Red Dead Redemption with the new dlc :'D
Old 2010-09-23, 00:34   Link #2093
james0246

Just finished Alan Wake. Damn that was a fun story and good game. Also damn fine soundtrack and voice acting. Can't wait for the full sequel to be released.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 21:47   Link #2094
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Currently Playing Recettear: An Item's Shop Tale... Capitalism Ho!

(Dungeons are a pain in the butt, though...)
Old 2010-09-28, 04:33   Link #2095
blackflash
Cookie Monster

Send a message via MSN to blackflash
Just started playing Valkyria Chronicles II. Not a fan of strategy games, but i am in love with this game! A few of the missions are just down right hard!
Old 2010-09-28, 05:24   Link #2096
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Starting tomorrow I'll be playing Front Mission Evolved.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:54   Link #2097
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Still playing P4. around 40 hours in. Decided to work on social link and character stat building instead of dungeon crawling might be easier that way.
Fox may help with the whole SP problem, but he is such a jerk (30,000 Yen?!).
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:06   Link #2098
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

^
If you work on the Hermit Link early on the prices for SP lowers considerably. For each increase in SL rank the fox makes things cheaper.

If you have problems with fulfilling the Fox's requests, just look for a walkthrough. I got mine from Gamefaq.

Also, work on the social links of the party members you bring along most - get them to 10 and their persona's transmigrate and become stronger version than the previous.

Example is Yosuke's persona is Jiraiya > Susano'o, and Kanji's persona is Take-mikazuchi > Rokuten Maoh.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-09-28 at 10:37.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:54   Link #2099
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

That reminds me I stopped playing P4 half way through. Forgotten what I was trying to do so finding it really hard to motivate myself to finish it -_-

Think I might have to pick up lair of the shadow broker for ME2.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:03   Link #2100
NightWingx

Fate Stay Night Vn on UBW [first time]
Heroes of Newerth
Tales of Vesperia/Symphonia[beat both, replay]
NightWingx is offline   Reply With Quote