AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-01-16, 11:33   Link #141
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, GC Fate took a not so "in your face" approach, but you can't miss the sword . Although if you take her cloak off, she's not imposing, her arms are thin, but she still seems like she's going to perform some sort of battle dance. I liked her face more than the other Fate figures, so I bought that, and her pose reminds me of how Fate is different than Nanoha
Old 2007-01-16, 12:15   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The two figures just really reflect their battle styles. Nanoha is long range artillery - very solidly dug-in stance. Fate is close-up cavalry fast and nimble.
Old 2007-01-17, 01:43   Link #143
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

found a nice blog w/ detailed descriptions and lots of pics of Alter Fate

http://www.yayapapayaz.com/handofgor...1/15/alterfate

Quote:
A final note: the proportions of her zettai ryouiki are not within the recommended parameters of 4:1:2½ (skirt:zettai ryouiki:legging above knee) more like 2½:1:2 but levels of moé are already dangerously high so some safety margin is required for the continued existential security of London.
Kiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:43   Link #144
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

could a mod please delete this post for me? Thanks

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2007-01-17 at 18:53.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:46   Link #145
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I have a GoodSmile Fate, not an Alter Fate. And I think I said that a number of times before
Old 2007-01-17, 19:02   Link #146
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Spoiler for darn funky imageshack options:

I'm no pro on the whole "perfect space between skirt and theigh high" thing but since Fate's skirt doesn't go the whole way around doesn't it even count? For that matter, her leggings don't stop at the same place the whole way around either.

And I know it's weird to say but npal, you're absolutely sure the cape comes off? The screws look more like they're for holding added stability, the head doesn't adjust or come off cleanly and even with the screws loosened that cape doesn't budge. I'm going to reserve judgement on that undocumented feature until I see come close-up photos without the cape and clearly showing that no damage has been done to the figure.

In regards to Nanoha's boots, I agree that the bigger shoes make all the difference in her looking like the lolicannon she is.

And lastly, my apologies for the crappy webcam pics. My digital camera is busted and between that and the phone cam, it's the better of the two.

And yeah, I know. I just mean Fate in general. I don't think her wardrobe allows for a possible perfect show of skin there.

(I can't believe how much hell I just went through to get a crappy picture to display properly)

EDIT: SCREW IT! Just imagine that last pic was a comparison of the boots from two different Nanoha figures.
EDIT2: I guess it's all ok now.

To me the faces are also a huge factor. Tho both are Nanoha, I far prefer battle cry to the passive. Tho if the heads were switched, it wouldn't look right at all. Not just the shoes but the shoulder and wrists are a lot bulkier too. They really managed to get that bulky flak jacket look from the later half of A's as opposed to the standard uniform look.

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2007-01-17 at 19:13.
Old 2007-01-17, 19:20   Link #147
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

There's no Fate in general If it's Goodsmile Fate, her cloak IS indeed removable. Damn, she comes with her head on a special place slightly above the body and you fit it in yourself. Her skirt, while it moves a bit around I think is not removable. And obviously, her black suit is not removable. I don't know about Alter Fate, since I don't have it, but if it has screws and Vexx or someone else didn't report anything else, it's not removable.
Old 2007-01-17, 20:04   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Goodsmile Fate (on magical platform) can actually have her cape and skirt removed leaving the gymnast body suit (her body actually comes apart).
Unless one is going to make a custom "meido" suit for her ... anyway.
Of course, she has the configurable Bardiche.

Alter Fate (on the pillar of flame)'s cape is removable but I don't see any screws ... it just sits tightly under her head (which is attached to her body via a long neck pillar). You put the cape on and then insert the head.
Again, it loses a lot of the effect without her cape...

I don't tend to mess with them once they're set up ... clumsy fingers and too many brittle parts for me.
Old 2007-01-17, 20:10   Link #149
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The Skirt is really removable in GC Fate?? I'm kind of fearing that something might break in the process if I try to take it off (like the skirt getting distorted or something) , so I didn't try.

And what do you mean with the configurable Bardiche? It's broken in parts and you have to assemble it, but other than that, it's not configurable. I mean, it's the sword, period
Old 2007-01-17, 20:23   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sorry, wrong model... the Bardiche on the "magical platform" Fate can be configured in basic pole-axe form or "big flare" scythe form (but not sword form). The other model you only get "big ass sword" form.

That's one reason I'm keeping both models... I like the pole-axe and scythe forms better than the sword form.
Old 2007-01-17, 20:25   Link #151
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm thinking there's some major mix-ups as to what company made what figure here. I'm gonna wait until I'm not on severe medications before trying to figure it all out.
Old 2007-01-17, 21:50   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

agreed, when I get home, I'll put each box next to each figure and edit my babbling appropriately ...

EDIT: my bad... very bad. Everywhere *I* said "Goodsmile", replace that with "Movic". I don't own the "assymetrical" sword swinging Fate from Goodsmile.
I own the one with Fate on a tilted "magical ethereal platform" swinging her Bardiche in pole-axe/scythe form from Movic. The Movic model strips down to the gymnast suit as stated. And I own the Alter one with Fate rising from a pillar of 'flame'.

Goodsmile (long ass sword parallel to ground)
Movic (configurable Bardiche with figure on tilted ethereal circle)
Alter (figure on rising pillar of flame with her holding sword form in one hand)

Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-01-17 at 22:20.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 04:31   Link #153
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Actually there is one 1/6 Fate with configurable Bardiche from Movic has a big sword type. But is released as limited... I saw on the web.

Same goes for 1/6 Nanoha's too. But Nanoha's is Excellion mode Raging heart's.

I heard and read them as limited edition type. Only a few pieces are released.. ( Didn't really know the actual numbers of them ... )
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 06:28   Link #154
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

it can be found by going to the Nanoha website, A's section and browsing their merch. When the Movic ones released, a random handfull were special LE versions (apparently impossible to tell just by looking at the box) and it was a suprise to those who wound up with them.

For the record, my only Fate figure is the one with the pillar of yellow fire. It's completely solid and nothing about it is changable. But darn it's nice.
Old 2007-01-18, 15:30   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... it dominates my figure shrine with her flared cape and the sword.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:21   Link #156
Petco

Are these the bed sheets? http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6...b323797mb5.jpg

If so, where can I buy?
Petco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 05:47   Link #157
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
it can be found by going to the Nanoha website, A's section and browsing their merch. When the Movic ones released, a random handfull were special LE versions (apparently impossible to tell just by looking at the box) and it was a suprise to those who wound up with them.

For the record, my only Fate figure is the one with the pillar of yellow fire. It's completely solid and nothing about it is changable. But darn it's nice.
Yes.... And it is big also.... I like that too...
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 06:20   Link #158
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco View Post
Are these the bed sheets? http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6...b323797mb5.jpg

If so, where can I buy?
They're hug pillow covers, which is probably self-explanatory. Either way, you can't - they were limited Comiket only goods about half a year ago that won't be rereleased, so if you really wanted one it'd be a Yahoo Japan Auctions case and, er, good luck getting one that's not 'used' so to speak. Hell, there was one guy back at C70 who ended up getting carried off after having a panic attack and heat stroke because he couldn't get one of them. Ouch.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 07:38   Link #159
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I need to decide how many of such articles I'm gonna buy in April. Money will be kind of tight but Nanoha merch totally owns my soul now.

EDIT:

My roomate noticed the hilt on Zanber (Alter version. The one on the pillar of energy) is wrong. The top "arrow" peice is longer towards her arm and the bottom one is longer towards the blade. In the show they're both even.

REFUND!

j/k

Last edited by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs; 2007-01-29 at 18:12.
Old 2007-01-29, 20:43   Link #160
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
I need to decide how many of such articles I'm gonna buy in April. Money will be kind of tight but Nanoha merch totally owns my soul now.
Taking orders? Just kidding. Also, your room mate looks WAY too hard.

Finally got my Alter Fate yesterday after a long, long wait on SAL. And had to pay customs anyway. May as well have just gone for EMS, would've worked out cheaper, but I can't say I didn't expect as much. What I didn't expect was for my mum to remark how cool she looks every time she goes in my room.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote