AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-13, 04:10   Link #41
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am sure I missed this somewhere, and I feel more stupid than Yui, Yuri, Shiina, and Hinata put together, but I'll ask anyways what does "SSS" stand for in their name?[I'd like to know acronym, and what it would mean in english]
MAL
Old 2010-05-13, 04:16   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shinda Sekai Sensen or Afterlife War Front (literally War Front of the World of the Dead)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-13, 04:19   Link #43
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

What's the name of the man with the halberd as a weapon?

velvet hair, somewhat relaxed. Tall. I've recently became interested in this and would like to know about this particular character. Such as his name, his fighting style -- is it actually traditional halberdier or more polearm or poleaxe traditional? On that note I'd appreciate all miscellaneous information. Blood type, height, weight, so on.
Old 2010-05-13, 04:26   Link #44
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
What's the name of the man with the halberd as a weapon?

velvet hair, somewhat relaxed. Tall. I've recently became interested in this and would like to know about this particular character. Such as his name, his fighting style -- is it actually traditional halberdier or more polearm or poleaxe traditional? On that note I'd appreciate all miscellaneous information. Blood type, height, weight, so on.
His name is Noda, and his weapons looks like halberd to me rather a polearm, or poleaxe comparing to fantasy game models, and their labeling for these types of weapons, but I am not an expert on this, and his style I don't know. Also his VA is Takagi Shun, and height or such hasn't been given any details yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Shinda Sekai Sensen or Afterlife War Front (literally War Front of the World of the Dead)
Thanks.
MAL
Old 2010-05-15, 15:05   Link #45
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Is there anywhere where I can buy the light novel? Is there any English group translating it?
Old 2010-05-15, 15:27   Link #46
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Is there anywhere where I can buy the light novel? Is there any English group translating it?
There are no official English translations yet. The light novel chapters came out in Dengeki G's magazine, from November 2009 - May 2010.

You can find fan translations up to chapter 4 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/angelbeatstrackzero
Old 2010-05-20, 12:50   Link #47
skyy54264

How is Tenshi mantaining her blanace in the afterlife?

So there's two ways to disappear:

1) Fulfill the dream that was robbed from you when you were alive (how Iwasawa disappeared)
2) Behave like model students (explained by Yuri in episode 1)

Reason 2 is the reason the SSS hasn't disappeared - by misbehaving and causing a ruckus. Naoi, despite being the counsel president, were beating up NPCs to maintain his balance in the afterlife. He was causing trouble thus resisted disappearing. Tenshi, however avoids breaking school rules. She also mentioned that those who befriend her will disappear because it would mean that they have to be good students as well but that would result in them disappearing. Yet Tenshi herself does not disappear. Why is that?
Old 2010-05-20, 14:22   Link #48
Farix

Both of those are bunk. Yuri's comments is based entirely on her point of view, which is increasingly shown to be wrong. She may have some good insite on how the world operates, but she doesn't understand everything.

My personal theory is that people move on when they no longer dwell on or come to terms with the "unfairness" of their life. This was shown with Iwasawa's disappearance, which is the only case we actually see someone move on. Hinata may have disappeared since catching the pop-fly would have helped him come to terms with his failure to do so when he was alive.

Yuri and Ōyama behaved liked normal students at first and neither of them disappeared during that time. We really don't know how long either of them were there, but apparently Yuri was there long enough to figure out that most of the students and the teachers weren't real humans. Hinata didn't have a chance to behave like a model student as Yuri' roped him in and started her rebellion right after he arrived.

Following the model students may help most people come to terms with their past lives. However, every once in a while, there is a "hard case" that isn't able to move on. I believe that Kanada is one of those hard cases.
Old 2010-05-28, 14:47   Link #49
velkito

what decides whether someone is "reborn" as an NPC, or as well, a PC?
Old 2010-05-28, 14:54   Link #50
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by velkito View Post
what decides whether someone is "reborn" as an NPC, or as well, a PC?
If you have your own will, you're a PC. Therefore, if you're in that world after dying in the real world, you're a PC no matter what.

This is, of course, assuming Yuri and Hinata's take on NPCs is accurate (though judging from Hinata's experience, it'd be too weird to have it not be accurate in some form).
Old 2010-06-08, 23:30   Link #51
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I got a question.
I've got several doujin hinting a romance between Fujimaki and Hisako?

Are they really has romantic interest or just some kind of fantasy?
Thanks...
Old 2010-06-08, 23:33   Link #52
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I got a question.
I've got several doujin hinting a romance between Fujimaki and Hisako?

Are they really has romantic interest or just some kind of fantasy?
Thanks...
No way that's a canon relationship. Just squeal-worthy couple shipping. I really didn't see that pairing coming.
Old 2010-06-23, 18:12   Link #53
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am considering reading the LN for Angel Beats, but i have few questions, since it obivously isn't sold in english currently where does one go to read it?, as I've never read an LN online before . Also how long page/chapter wise is the current material for the novel And is the Manga just for fun, or some storyline in it, too?

A question detailing with content somewhat, so I'll spoiler, and expect answer in one.
Spoiler for Various questions:
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-06-23 at 19:08.
Old 2010-06-23, 18:26   Link #54
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am considering reading the LN for Angel Beats, but i have few questions, since it obivously isn't sold in english currently where does one go to read it?, as I've never read an LN online before . Also how long page/chapter wise is the current material for the novel And is the Manga just for fun, or some storyline in it, too?
All chapters including the bonus chapter are available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/angelbeatstrackzero

Each chapter really isn't that long. Maybe 8-10 pages or so.

There are two manga series for Angel Beats. One is an adaptation of the light novel called Angel Beats: Heaven's Door. The other is a 4-koma that is just for fun, called Angel Beats: Our War Front March Song
Old 2010-07-19, 14:11   Link #55
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

my question is that are they really dead? I wonder because it seems like they are in a dream world rather than the after life. Otonashi and Kanade met each other again very soon as if no time had pasted, so that got me thinking that maybe the place they went to is just a dream world where they can forefill their wishes.
Old 2010-07-19, 15:20   Link #56
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
my question is that are they really dead? I wonder because it seems like they are in a dream world rather than the after life. Otonashi and Kanade met each other again very soon as if no time had pasted, so that got me thinking that maybe the place they went to is just a dream world where they can forefill their wishes.
They're dead no question about it, since
Spoiler for episode 13:
MAL
Old 2010-07-22, 05:04   Link #57
ChairmanMeow
Great Helmscat

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Old 2010-07-22, 05:19   Link #58
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2010-07-23, 05:27   Link #59