Old 2009-07-13, 09:11   Link #41
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um i seem cant find the special omake chapter involving breast jokes and alike

i really would like to see it >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 22:55   Link #42
dixie93

hey can anyone help meout i can't find any saki manga chapters out on the internet could you give me the site please
dixie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 03:09   Link #43
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie93 View Post
hey can anyone help meout i can't find any saki manga chapters out on the internet could you give me the site please
don't try google,that would be too easy;that's being said why don't look at mangafox or mangahelpers?you might have luck...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 13:42   Link #44
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

@metronome

Koromo's specialty is "haitei."

海底撈月 – Haitei-Tsumo (Haitei Raoyue) “Scooping the Moon Out from The Sea” [luck type] - Basically when the very last tile you pick out from the wall is the tile you need to win.

Hence, the ocean.

@dixie93 Try Null scanslations. Link: http://www.n-u-l-l.net/index.php?a=home

BTW, do NOT upload any of their chapters to online manga readers. They don't want it to be uploaded and have stopped releasing scanslations in the past if they see it anywhere.

They've currently released up to v3 ch24.
Old 2009-07-15, 07:35   Link #45
emauser

@dixie93
On mangahelpers are raws up to most recent chapter (50) and it seems that people will continue to post next ones too.

@technomo12
I think they also have there all specials but i'm not sure.
emauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 07:45   Link #46
Bambi

Did you guys tried to calculate points and difference after last Koromo tsumo? My scoring calculation skills are fairly low so I failed miserably .
I really wonder how Saki wants to clear this difference, is it even possible by direct hit to Koromo (i'm not sure from previous posts here)? What maximum points you can get from single ron? 32k?
Old 2009-07-15, 08:52   Link #47
emauser

I don't how much points Saki needs but there are several possibilities:

1. Yumi is east so if she wins there are extra hands. Scenario is that she wins with ron from Koromo and in the extra hand Saki lands a yakuman and wins.

2. Saki can have a yakuman with ron from Koromo and cover 64k point difference (she gets +32 while Koromo -32). But I think the difference is bigger then that already.

3. Saki can have a double yakuman (Big Four Winds, Su anko on a pair wait and Kokushi Muso on thirteen way wait) then she can cover at least 80k difference (Saki +64, Koromo -16)

4. If what we discussed in anime discussion is correct and yakuman do stack like yaku then she can have even better hand. But that's extremely unlikely.

5. Some people say something about tiebreaker but I have no idea how that works but there's such an option

Probably there are other options but I'm a newbie and don't see anything more.
Old 2009-07-15, 13:18   Link #48
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

6. More than one person declares ron on Koromo at the same time.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:23   Link #49
Bambi

Thank you both for options summary. I wanted to write some theory what can happen but looks like it'll be better to wait day or two and see what really happen
Old 2009-07-16, 07:22   Link #50
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

damn is soo wanna see the special omakes since it has soo much moe yuri in it >_<

and lots of really nice yuri parts hahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 11:34   Link #51
Bambi

So difference is 62500 ....

Spoiler for #51:

Last edited by Bambi; 2009-07-16 at 13:03.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 12:52   Link #52
emauser

Yeah, low enough for one yakuman to cover it.

Spoiler for manga ch. 51:

Now two next weeks of waiting (let's just hope only two).
Old 2009-07-16, 13:31   Link #53
Used Can

Weeks? Don't you mean months?
Old 2009-07-16, 13:41   Link #54
emauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Weeks? Don't you mean months?
Generally Saki is published twice a month. We had a large gap because author was ill. And in fact it was my mistake and we'll have to wait three weeks because Saki comes out on 1st and 3rd Friday of the month. We're unlucky, this month ends with Friday so next issue will be 7th August
Or at least that's the info I found.
Old 2009-07-16, 15:00   Link #55
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
So difference is 62500 ....

Spoiler for #51:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-16, 15:20   Link #56
emauser

Now that would be massacre. I wonder if that would put Koromo in the last place? Kana would have her "demon banishing" then.
Old 2009-07-16, 15:43   Link #57
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, not only was that a Su anko, but a Su anko with a single wait on the pair, with counts as double yakuman, 64000 points as non east. That's some guts to go for the win I guess

What Saki says?
That this has been a very, very fun Mahjong game? Koromo replies: Huh? You are having fun with th3 K0r0m0? Saki: Yes! So let's have fun together.

As if we didn't know who was going to win, now Saki gets an extra winner flag. The befriending one.

Aw well, even with all the waiting we had to go through for this chapter, you can really feel the tension of this being the last hand. I have only participated in chess' tourneys myself, and we don't really use a knockout system, but I have been in cases where I am in my last round and if I win I can shoot for the somewhere in the Top 5 so I can understand the f- nerve.
wrecking.
tension.

In any case, I can actually see Yumi winning a few hands since she's east, so they can go to some bonus rounds and extend this, all the while closing down the difference.

BTW, Saki's hand is not necessarily bad, it's yon-shanten and with one of those hidden pungs that she loves, but still with her luck it's trivial to get it to tenpai

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-16 at 15:55.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 15:48   Link #58
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wow, not only was that a Su anko, but a Su anko with a single wait on the pair, with counts as double yakuman, 64000 points as non east. That's some guts to go for the win I guess

What Saki says?
That this has been a very, very fun Mahjong game? Korom replies: Huh? You are having fun with th3 K0r0m0? Saki: Yes! So let's have fun together.

In any case, even with all the wait, you can feel the tension of this being the last hand. I have only participated in chess tourneys myself, and we don't really use a knockout system, but I have been in cases where I am in my last round and if I win I can go for the somewhere in the Top 5 so I can understand the nerve.
wrecking.
tension.
Well, it is the last hand. Does it really matter at the end if you lose by 70k or so points or 130k? A loss is a loss.

At this point, I think Kana is just screwing Koromo over and doesn't want Koromo to win. It's probably very unlikely for her to be able to put together a hand that can beat Koromo.

For Koromo, I wonder if she's going to break up her hand. With that lead, she doesn't really need to "go for it" and can mostly afford to sit back and just play defense. As long as she doesn't ron into someone's hand...
Old 2009-07-16, 15:59   Link #59
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Well, it is the last hand. Does it really matter at the end if you lose by 70k or so points or 130k? A loss is a loss.

At this point, I think Kana is just screwing Koromo over and doesn't want Koromo to win. It's probably very unlikely for her to be able to put together a hand that can beat Koromo.
She can at least aim for the record for the biggest hand in a prefecture tourney ever. Because no matter what she does she's lost anyway, since if she did Ron Koromo for a double yakuman, even then she would only slightly get past Yumi, trailing behind Saki and Koromo still winning. So either she's going for a "I'll drag you down with me, you demon" mindset, or just playing around, since her only real chance would be to have an exhaustive draw were Yumi isn't in tenpai, so that there can be a west round tie breaker and she is east. Then she might have a small, though real chance.

Yumi has it hard as well, though she has the advantage of being East. If I was her I would only go for fast quick and dirty hands and only go for a big winner when I get a good starting hand. The fact that they didn't show us her starting hand might be a hint. Since she's east her Yakuman's are worth 48000, so if Koromo actually fed her a Yakuman tile that would also make her win. Ya, really.

Saki still has it difficult since she has to have Koromo feeding a Yakuman of hers for she to actually win. Which might actually serve as a good closing point for her match, since it would definitely put Saki above Koromo.

Koromo can just pull an open all simples and call it quits.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-16 at 16:14.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 16:17   Link #60
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yumi has it hard as well, though she has the advantage of being East. If I was her I would only go for fast quick and dirty hands and only go for a big winner when I get a good starting hand. The fact that they didn't show us her starting hand might be a hint. Since she's east her Yakuman's are worth 48000, so if Koromo actually fed her a Yakuman tile that would also make her win. Ya, really.
Of course, Yumi also sighed first before she made her first discard. I took that to mean her hand sort of sucked. Although she looked very cute sighing.

Too much mystery! I want the next chapter and to see Yumi and Saki's late round hands.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri