AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 11:43   Link #1801
GameraBaenre

Eyes: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=862
Granted, I'm still on the fence about my level of satisfaction... so...

GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:48   Link #1802
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
The ugly bases I do agree with....but putting Rin together was simple and I don't get many problems with her. Maybe because she doesn't have lots of tiny parts?

Konata however has been driving me crazy because her left hand keeps popping out EVERY TIME I move her...it's very annoying.....
That's exactly the case with my CM Corp figures. My Dokuro-chan set is great to look at but I wouldn't dare to touch them (maybe just lift them up by their bases) otherwise an arm or a leg might fall off )
And I hear their Onegai Teacher set has similar problems
But indeed, there were no issues with Kokonoe since she was already assembled previously

Anyway, here's my loot for this week:

[MegaHouse] RAH DX Gundam SEED Destiny - Athrun Zala 1/8 PVC
(8 inches tall)

[Banpresto] Prize Item G: Lala Satalin Deviluke SD figure

[Banpresto] Prize Item G: Konjiki no Yami SD figure

[MaxFactory] Gun X Sword - Wendy Garret 1/8 PVC Figure

[MaxFactory] Onegai Teacher Collection - Mizuho Kazami Trading Figure

Fate/Stay Night SD Figures

[Bandai] Fate/stay night Tri-Collection Vol.2 - Saber, Rin, Archer, Caster

[Bandai] Fate/stay night Tri-Collection Vol.1 - Rider, Ilya, Sakura

[Toypla] Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Figure Collection Vol. 1 - Ilya, Gilgamesh

[Solid Works] Collection DX: Nanatsuiro Drops - Nona Yuuki Trading Figure
(Stellar Spinner Alternative version)

Old 2009-08-29, 11:19   Link #1803
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Preorded me this

I cannot wait to see it this winter. Whoop
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 12:03   Link #1804
Starburst
Horo♥

I would have used this image

But either way, I too pre-ordered Canaan. Seems like such a well done figure.
Old 2009-08-29, 18:19   Link #1805
space cowboy
cowboy of space

That is a far superior image, i think i'll keep it for future reference.

I still fear just how stable she is elevated like that.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:01   Link #1806
Starburst
Horo♥

There's more at their website, http://www.goodsmile.info/detail/eng/2624/Canaan.html

I imagine she'll be decently stable, GSC's not a terrible company. I suspect her leg will be made out of ABS plastic instead of PVC, not sure about the rest. But my Golden Darkness from GSC is just full of ABS plastic instead of PVC, due to her hair clothes, and pose. At least, it's my assumption that it's ABS, as it's differs to the touch and feels far more rigid.

Also, my Corti feels like she has an ABS right leg so she doesn't lean.
Old 2009-08-30, 19:31   Link #1807
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

That Canaan has one of the most enigmatic poses I've ever seen in a figure
Old 2009-08-31, 03:26   Link #1808
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
I imagine she'll be decently stable, GSC's not a terrible company. I suspect her leg will be made out of ABS plastic instead of PVC, not sure about the rest. But my Golden Darkness from GSC is just full of ABS plastic instead of PVC, due to her hair clothes, and pose. At least, it's my assumption that it's ABS, as it's differs to the touch and feels far more rigid.
You might also want to be careful when putting the figure onto that little peg on the base. I have a figure with a similar pose (Jo from "Bakuretsu Tenshi", I think?) where the peg broke off from the base. You can always fix it later with super glue or something, but it's still annoying, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 06:48   Link #1809
Starburst
Horo♥

I expect GSC to use a metal peg in the base. That's what they did with my Corti, you'd likely break her leg before you broke the peg. The peg also inserts quite far, I'm not sure I have any examples though for that. Well I have these pics which you can use to guestimate how far in the peg goes into her foot.

Old 2009-08-31, 08:08   Link #1810
LynnieS

Quote:
I expect GSC to use a metal peg in the base. That's what they did with my Corti, you'd likely break her leg before you broke the peg. The peg also inserts quite far, I'm not sure I have any examples though for that. Well I have these pics which you can use to guestimate how far in the peg goes into her foot.
No, the peg didn't break into 2 pieces. The peg broke off from the base, which was just plastic, leaving the peg stuck in the leg with just a small piece sticking out.

Your "Cordelia" figure looks to have the peg being separate from the base so you insert the peg into the leg and then put the peg into the base (or vice versa)? That's a bit safer, IMHO, since the only ways that a problem can happen are:

1. The leg breaks off from the pose.
2. The little "stump" thing in the base separates from the base itself.

The "Canaan" figure's peg looks to be glued or somehow stuck into the base for good. If the figure isn't being put onto the peg carefully enough, that peg can shear off, IMHO. That "hold" doesn't look strong enough to take shearing pressure.

Also, if you don't apply the pressure to put the figure onto the peg in line, that peg - depending on what it's made of - might bend as well, which can make the figure unbalanced and tilts to one side.

Old 2009-08-31, 15:51   Link #1811
Starburst
Horo♥

Ah I see what you mean now. I doubt the peg will bend, if it's the strength of the one in Corticarte. But I can see how the peg could break off the base for sure. That's a bit of a worry now I didn't have prior.

I guess we'll find out in January what really will happen. I hope it's not too easy to break off, knowing my luck, I'll do it perfectly and be all happy with myself, then my cat will jump up and knock her off...
Old 2009-09-01, 06:03   Link #1812
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
That Canaan has one of the most enigmatic poses I've ever seen in a figure
I'm more drawn the to the green framed Glock myself.

Great detail in the figure and all but I just don't like the look of it.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 11:44   Link #1813
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'm more drawn the to the green framed Glock myself.

Great detail in the figure and all but I just don't like the look of it.
I don't know why people are so excited for that figure...
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:23   Link #1814
GameraBaenre

Ugh, so I really wans't overly happy with the eyes, so i stripped the face and started from the beginning... they're a little better now I think... http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=870

Old 2009-09-01, 15:48   Link #1815
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
I don't know why people are so excited for that figure...
I can tell you why I am. Overall I feel the figure is very well done, it's hard not to appreciate it for that, but it also has a dynamic pose, not many figures I own have that. I might argue that only 2 of my figures are dynamic, Good Smile Company's Tohsaka Rin, and perhaps Ryogi Shiki can be seen as having a dynamic pose. But most are just sitting or standing with perhaps a hint of movement, and while I still like them, they aren't as appealing as the appearance of action and movement.

In addition to the above, Canaan is a likeable and attractive character.

I'll likely be looking out for the Alphard figure by GSC as well, and hopefully someone makes a Maria figure. Alphard mostly for the 'scene' the two figures her and Canaan make, and Maria because of her relationship with Canaan and because she's cute.
Old 2009-09-01, 20:44   Link #1816
dfens

It's not a Glock that Canaan has it's a Beretta PX-4 Storm. But what's funny is that Beretta doesn't make a green framed model in 9mm as seen in episode 2 when she was cleaning it, they showed 9mm ammo. And the fact that the only green frame PX-4 which just came out is a 45 acp only. I'm guessing it was a mistake on the staff not researching it enough or they can say it was a after market re-finish which you can do on a polymer frame.

I almost pre-ordered that figure I still might but I'm trying to hold myself back on the figures I'm ordering. Could have swore I saw a Alphard figure that goes with it so the 2 bases connect and make a dynamic pose of the two facing off.

Still waiting for my Triela figure I might even order 2 one to display and one to treasure in the box.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 23:02   Link #1817
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
In addition to the above, Canaan is a likeable and attractive character.

I'll likely be looking out for the Alphard figure by GSC as well, and hopefully someone makes a Maria figure. Alphard mostly for the 'scene' the two figures her and Canaan make, and Maria because of her relationship with Canaan and because she's cute.
Ya. I picked up the show today and made through episode 1, it is very interesting. I was paying extra attention on the character comparing it from the figure. One thing that bugs me about this figure is that Canaan is doing a left lean dash sort of the move, i assume it is at a high speed acccording to her physical condition and power, but her hair looks odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I almost pre-ordered that figure I still might but I'm trying to hold myself back on the figures I'm ordering. Could have swore I saw a Alphard figure that goes with it so the 2 bases connect and make a dynamic pose of the two facing off.

Still waiting for my Triela figure I might even order 2 one to display and one to treasure in the box.
you mean this

Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 06:38   Link #1818
Starburst
Horo♥

You bring up a good point about her hair. It doesn't really follow well with the action, but it does match the artwork pretty decently.

Overall though I think the character is well produced, at least in the official pictures.
Old 2009-09-02, 07:09   Link #1819
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Ugh, so I really wans't overly happy with the eyes, so i stripped the face and started from the beginning... they're a little better now I think... http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=870
The right eye's pupil is pretty big, no? It seems - although it might be the camera angle for the shots - to be bigger that the figure's left eye's. OTOH, the subtle patterning, white and light sky blue, in the pupils makes them look more real than a plain solid (matte or gloss) blue color.

Old 2009-09-02, 13:03   Link #1820
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
The right eye's pupil is pretty big, no? It seems - although it might be the camera angle for the shots - to be bigger that the figure's left eye's. OTOH, the subtle patterning, white and light sky blue, in the pupils makes them look more real than a plain solid (matte or gloss) blue color.
Yep, one eye is definitely bigger than the other. *sigh* I would hope that it wasn't that noticable... the root cause was from drawing in the eye incorrectly... oh well, these pictures are pretty big; so hopefully, it's not THAT noticeable in person. On another thought, most people have different sized eyes anyways

In other news..

I did some other refinements to the eyes per suggestions from another forum... but forgot to take pictures; I was busily working on finishing up her chain so that I could let it sit and cure before snapping pictures tonight and calling the thing completed :roll:

http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=874