AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-08, 13:35   Link #41
orangejuicetang

I found Buccaneer's salute right as Olivia came out with the tank to be amusing, especially with everyone else's freaked out expressions in the background.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:39   Link #42
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I must admit that I had expected something different... duno, somehow the information he had found out in season 1 had satisfied and excited me more
What, seriously? The identity of a secretary is more satisfying and exciting than the fact that the entire country had been built from the start by a secret organization who intends to now use it as a giant transmutation circle that could sacrifice the lives of thousands of people? C'mon now.
Old 2009-12-08, 16:54   Link #43
Helius

Haha I lol'd when Olivier mentioned some girl stole food and supplies from them for a whole month 20 years ago. And here the Elric brothers thought their sensei had it tough during her training! Unlike the brothers having had to live on ants and rabbits on a deserted island, Izumi didn't even have to hunt or anything lol!
Old 2009-12-08, 17:48   Link #44
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
This was a rather nice ep, I wasn't expecting for ED and Al to spill the beans but they otta know she is not the enemy which is why their lil tunnel-conversation was quite nice

Also, was I the only one who got all warm and fuzzy when Olivier started saying that she couldn't possibly kill those kids (Al n Ed) cause she is around that age when she would have 2 of her own had she not being in the military ....

Ohh yeah... that made me feel all warm n fuzzy...... kinda made me think of "Mama Oilivier?" ... dam that'd be one hawt MILF (^_^)
Nope, you are definetly not alone. I had re-watched the moment several times

Who could have thought that she can act nice and carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
What, seriously? The identity of a secretary is more satisfying and exciting than the fact that the entire country had been built from the start by a secret organization who intends to now use it as a giant transmutation circle that could sacrifice the lives of thousands of people? C'mon now.
The information on itself is bigger and more valuable but the way it was presented didn't get me excited, something was missing in that moment.
Old 2009-12-08, 18:23   Link #45
Vicious108

Quote:
This was a rather nice ep, I wasn't expecting for ED and Al to spill the beans but they otta know she is not the enemy which is why their lil tunnel-conversation was quite nice

Also, was I the only one who got all warm and fuzzy when Olivier started saying that she couldn't possibly kill those kids (Al n Ed) cause she is around that age when she would have 2 of her own had she not being in the military ....

Ohh yeah... that made me feel all warm n fuzzy
You do realize it was all an act?

Olivier is probably the type that couldn't stand undisciplined brats.
Old 2009-12-08, 18:29   Link #46
kitten320

Quote:

Even though it was a lie, it still was a good one that alows you to imagine her in different role.
Old 2009-12-08, 21:10   Link #47
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Nope, you are definetly not alone. I had re-watched the moment several times

Who could have thought that she can act nice and carrying ...

The information on itself is bigger and more valuable but the way it was presented didn't get me excited, something was missing in that moment.
Indeed, glad to see I wasn't the only one loving that scene ...n as far as the info, yeap it could have been better...... I think it was all about the way it was delivered that didn't quite compliment the relevance of the developments? .... or maybe I am looking to much into it lol

Quote:

Yes, I do. However it all became so natural..... I kinda wondered.....

Quote:
Even though it was a lie, it still was a good one that alows you to imagine her in different role.
U know sometimes get the feeling we are on the same wavelength or something.....lol
Old 2009-12-08, 22:08   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I have to agree that you can't really beat this. I mean damn it's not just manipulating the country lately, they built the bloody country for this exact purpose. Now near the end they created Wrath to lead the country down the last stages before they make their move.

Anyways if those tunnels are connected to the alchemy of the country things make more sense. They did all of this to create people like Mustang, Ed, Al, and Marcoh for the very end of the plan. If the Father is connected to the countries alchemy it makes sense that he could shut it down when he wanted to. The amount of manipulation going on here is pretty tough to believe. The country, the alchemists, the wars, all of it for one moment without any regard for the lives about to be consumed.

Got to give Olivier credit in that she takes this whole thing in stride. Makes sense that she's the leader of Briggs being able to take in that information and keep things moving along.

So yeah Mustang's a rival she'd like not to have around. Though it couldn't possibly have to do with his personality .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2009-12-08 at 22:24.
Old 2009-12-09, 00:24   Link #49
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I found Buccaneer's salute right as Olivia came out with the tank to be amusing, especially with everyone else's freaked out expressions in the background.
agreed. It was almost an "I love this job" salute
Old 2009-12-09, 04:07   Link #50
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Hah I love that scene......Ed & Al is freaked out but Buccaneer saluting at Olivier when the tank came out from elevator before firing at Sloth is amusing indeed
Great episode....can't wait for another episode next week.
Old 2009-12-09, 11:09   Link #51
kitten320

Quote:
U know sometimes get the feeling we are on the same wavelength or something.....lol
Lol I guess I have found another lost twin
Old 2009-12-09, 17:03   Link #52
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Eastern alchemy is pretty neat. Being able to travel through the veins of the earth in order to it.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-12-09, 19:37   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a great episode. I have a new hypothesis and can't wait to see what happens.
Old 2009-12-09, 20:23   Link #54
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Lol I guess I have found another lost twin
Powers activate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Eastern alchemy is pretty neat. Being able to travel through the veins of the earth in order to it.
Indeed.... time for Ed n Al to figure that one out, honestly I thought the difference between Scar/Mei and Eds/Als alchemy was the use of circles but never thought about that remote transmutation effect thingy. Very interesting nonetheless...
Old 2009-12-09, 21:15   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Western alchemy is fake. That's why the old geezer was able to shut it off for a short time. eastern is natural.
Old 2009-12-10, 13:28   Link #56
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I really loved this episode, since I only read the manga as it was coming out (too many chapters to do frequent rereads!) I had forgotten all the tensions and subtleties in the show. Can't wait for Funi to give us a street date for the R1 dvds.
Also really liked the color schemes in this episode, when they were underground it was all those warm brown colors and this it's such a contrast to all the whites and greys with May and Marcoh, very nice work.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:35   Link #57
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Can't wait for Funi to give us a street date for the R1 dvds.
Supposedly, the first release will be April 20th.
Old 2009-12-11, 09:51   Link #58
klare

so Olivier is the same type like Mustang, aiming for the top sit...
Old 2009-12-11, 10:34   Link #59
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
so Olivier is the same type like Mustang, aiming for the top sit...
It seems so.

Mustang has quiet a tough compatition out there
Old 2009-12-11, 11:07   Link #60
OkamiNoKaze

I can't wait to see what kind of Alchemy Olivier has. Wow, those were some interesting revelations this episode.