AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-12, 18:49   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Indeed, as some have been saying...the fact that she's a hot giant gun carrying maid helps distract us from the topic of her misery being turned into a gag. Personally the second time I read the chapter (usually read it 5 times on the release day...just because, don't judge me!) it really did get me thinking "Donfla keeps killing her soulmates...but is it really to protect her from her personality?" But nhhhaaaaa it's Donfla so he's gotta be doing it for another reason, like keeping her in check...but if that's the case "She keeps trying to kill him but still follows his orders...why? Is it because of her personality quirk?"...possibly but that also leads me to wanting the SHs to "save her" from Donfla's grip but then again we've only known her for a couple of pages! She could be pure evil in a damn fine ass...but still, for one I'd love for her to fall for a SH.

Plus her devil fruit power? So freaking epic...I want!

As for their level...well yea, they are most likely bellow Vergo's level but Vergo was also kicking Sanji's ass before they got separated and it took Law, who I'm guessing is around Luffy's level, to take him out. So I'm betting they are still hella strong.

Screw the possible Lucci!! I wanna know more about the old man smoking a cigar and sporting the awesome aviator look (Oh please let it be a flying pirate crew!)
Old 2012-12-12, 20:03   Link #42
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Mostly male readership.

Uh... you wouldn't happen to be insinuating that the majority of male fans are insensitive clods now, are you?

Putting that aside.... I'm pretty interested in learning who that "Jack" guy is. It sounds like he's a real threat to watch out for considering how nervous one of those brokers got when he was mentioned. I'm also still wondering if Kaidou was one of the pirates watching that broadcast.....
Old 2012-12-12, 20:30   Link #43
kiki san

Good chapter Hope to see Franky kicking some ass next chapter.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:55   Link #44
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Does Franky even know who Cesar is? Franky might not even do anything at all.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:57   Link #45
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Does Franky even know who Cesar is? Franky might not even do anything at all.

Oh, I'm sure he knows. The REAL question here is if whether he'd be able to recognize him now that Luffy's done with him.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:25   Link #46
CaptainSmoker

I am sure Oda senses that his fanbase is craving another sexy female Nakama. WE HAVE A GAWD DAMN SKELETON, ROBOT AND ANIMAL DOCTOR. I really hope she joins the crew for few reasons.

1- She is exactly what all Pirates need long range support GUNNER. I have been waiting for a Nakama like this since Usopp decided to trade in his gun for a pachinco and flower seeds-HUGE FAIL.
2- Baby 5 ability makes it easier for the crew to confront enemy ships, cannon balls, also to clear out large groups with her bazooka.
3- Her chemist with Franky, Sanji and Brooke will be Insanely funny
4- She is hot chick with guns, lara croft?

I would be real disappointed if Oda does not add her. I seriously been waiting for a gun using nakama to be added (damn you usopp).

Also If she does join does any one think oda may be hinting at a Sanji x Baby 5 pair at the end?
Old 2012-12-12, 21:42   Link #47
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Jinbei already has a spot reserved. As for that annoying bird...

Franky: Frank Anti-Aircraft Cannon!
Old 2012-12-12, 21:49   Link #48
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Franky's laser beams/guns and Usopp's attacks provide more than enough projectile entertainment. I don't really see much of a point in her joining except for fanservice.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:20   Link #49
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh... you wouldn't happen to be insinuating that the majority of male fans are insensitive clods now, are you?
Not really insinuating anything, the fanservice was quite self-evident in this chapter. If it wasn't so obvious, I might have taken her plight more seriously, even with the OTT attitude.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:48   Link #50
marvelB

^Actually, I wasn't being serious in that post in the first place. Like I already said, I have no issue with Baby-5's gag (I just found it curious that there wasn't anyone ELSE that did).

BTW, I meant to mention this earlier, but I had figured that Franky transformed into his Shogun mode as a means to protect himself from the gas. It doesn't seem like the stuff affects metal, after all (and Franky himself is only part-metal, so I'm sure he would have been petrified too if he breathed in that stuff).....
Old 2012-12-13, 00:17   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Majority of male fans are insensitive clods.

No let me take that back.

majority of males are insensitive clods.

Ahh that sounds more accurate. *sits back and chugs Smirnoff*

Let me demonstrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
I am sure Oda senses that his fanbase is craving another sexy female Nakama. WE HAVE A GAWD DAMN SKELETON, ROBOT AND ANIMAL DOCTOR. I really hope she joins the crew for few reasons.
*SNIP*
Blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah BOOBS blah blah blah LEGS blah. Blah Boobs.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:29   Link #52
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 692
That was a good chapter. Law should not be mad at the results he gets from Luffy, If he truly knows Luffy he should have known Luffy is a very emotional person. We finally get to see Baby five and Buffalo at the scene.

Unexpected
Looks like a lot of disgruntled viewers in the underworld. I wonder if any of them will make an appearance. Killer looked like he was in deep concentration. While the chaos is happening why not join the fun and see what you can get from it. That would be a nice twist if someone else got CC and not Luffy & Law alliance or Daflamingo.

Immunity
Either Luffy's devil fruit or the haki, maybe combination of the two offers him resistance against the gas.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:01   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Majority of male fans are insensitive clods.

No let me take that back.

majority of males are insensitive clods.

Ahh that sounds more accurate. *sits back and chugs Smirnoff*

Let me demonstrate.

This made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Immunity
Either Luffy's devil fruit or the haki, maybe combination of the two offers him resistance against the gas.

Well, there was also kind of the fact that he survived a lethal dose of Magellan's poison thanks to Ivankov's hormone treatment.....
Old 2012-12-13, 01:55   Link #54
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
That would make more sense.

Bio Hazard
If Vergo gets caught in the explosion I wonder what would happen if he was exposed to a lot of SAD. Imagine if his Zoan form was a combination of animals instead of one. Or he has two Zoan powers and he becomes a freak of nature, kinda like Resident Evil. From were I am standing this arch has a chance to be very interesting with what has transpired right now. I wonder how SAD works on individuals who already have a devil fruit power?
Old 2012-12-13, 02:10   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
1- She is exactly what all Pirates need long range support GUNNER. I have been waiting for a Nakama like this since Usopp decided to trade in his gun for a pachinco and flower seeds-HUGE FAIL.
That would be Ussop's role in the crew; he may use a slingshot, but he's got great aim and range with it

Quote:
2- Baby 5 ability makes it easier for the crew to confront enemy ships, cannon balls, also to clear out large groups with her bazooka.
And that would be franky... y'know the guy with the tank that transforms into a robot, and installed a giant cannon into the ship that can wipe out an entire city block.

Quote:
3- Her chemist with Franky, Sanji and Brooke will be Insanely funny
Perhaps, but how would we avoid her and Sanji actually having a relationship? she doesn't exactly play hard to get... The jokes will be good at first, but the joke kinda of stops once we get to the point of Sanji and her in a relationship.

Quote:
4- She is hot chick with guns, lara croft?
Touche'
Old 2012-12-13, 03:37   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Perhaps, but how would we avoid her and Sanji actually having a relationship? she doesn't exactly play hard to get... The jokes will be good at first, but the joke kinda of stops once we get to the point of Sanji and her in a relationship.
What's wrong with them being in a relationship?

Although Oda would have to tone down the OTT-ness of the characters..
Old 2012-12-13, 06:25   Link #57
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm confused. People were saying that the Baby 5 thing is like the Sanji thing where something serious is turned into a gag?

Wasn't Sanji the reverse, where a gag was turned into something serious?
Old 2012-12-13, 06:51   Link #58
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Let's face it, by now many fans (mostly male) want a new female nakama to join the crew permanently (either that or Vivi somehow comes back for good...) and while many want a hot babe (I would never complain of course) I'd be cool with her just being female...I dunno, I just think a new female would balance the crew better. I love the Strawhats as they are and would never take anyone away from the crew but it kinda feels weird with the only females being Nami and Robin for such a long time.

I joke whenever a new cool female shows up by saying she'll be the next nakama but honestly...to me an awesome nakama would be Lily from the current anime filler. Sadly she's an anime filler character so that's never gonna happen so I'm stuck with wishing for every hot chick that shows up to join.

The perfect next (and final) Nakama for me would actually be a female Ancient or Mythic Zoan user. The crew needs more females and zoans! We have 3 Paramecia and 1 zoan so far...Logia are kinda Meh when it comes to being main cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wasn't Sanji the reverse, where a gag was turned into something serious?
Actually you have a point. Baby 5's problem is the complete opposite of Sanji's.
Old 2012-12-13, 13:13   Link #59
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
wait... did you say boobs and legs? Yes I think she would make a fine new edition to the crew

Quote:
Also If she does join does any one think oda may be hinting at a Sanji x Baby 5 pair at the end?
a possible comedy bit with them would be if she's the one girl sanji didn't want since she wants him. he obviously loves the chase, so if a girl is too easy, perhaps it's a turnoff?
Old 2012-12-13, 13:25   Link #60
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
a possible comedy bit with them would be if she's the one girl sanji didn't want since she wants him. he obviously loves the chase, so if a girl is too easy, perhaps it's a turnoff?
Oh yea, I thought of that too. Sanji for one reason or another (it's Oda, he'd easily make one up that makes sense) would not be into Baby 5 and the more she chased him but he ignored her for another...the more Yandere she'd get (this bit is my Yandere die-hard loving side talking...ignore it).

Or she takes Luffy's invitation as a proposal and even if Sanji goes after her she claims to be married and faithful.

Or boobs...legs...boobs...boobs...ass...legs...
Closed Thread