AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 00:56   Link #23621
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Treme - Might wanna include Ichika and the CC more.

@ Senpai - What evil twin?
Which is why I took it down to find ways into include canon characters...

That leads to the new idea (Bleeding Edge)....

Edit: Post too short
Spoiler for Ironically Post too long:

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-02-24 at 01:22.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:58   Link #23622
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would it be an odd one off ability to lose all your natural senses and gain them via the sensors of the IS?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:02   Link #23623
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Eh, off course it's odd, and what is the purpose?
Old 2012-02-24, 01:06   Link #23624
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Uhhhh, are we gonna have a clone triangle?
Old 2012-02-24, 01:06   Link #23625
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Something like clearing the mind I guess. The pilot loses all his natural senses when the ability is on. He doesn't actually sense anything but is merely relayed information by what the IS sensors obtain. His mind interprets these messages but they are not classified into any one class of perception, so all sensory receivers will try to interpret the information. Essentially this gives the pilot a form of synesthesia. Because of this ability, it gives the user a sense of absolute correctness since there are no exterior stimuli that can cause doubt. This essentially causes actions to have a lower rate of error.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:10   Link #23626
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
*cough*DepravedBisexual*cough*

@ Demi
Problem is thats means you have to mash up entire brain because beach part of brain has it's own role, and can't do other.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:16   Link #23627
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Reminds me of Canon Madoka
Old 2012-02-24, 01:17   Link #23628
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: That's right. Each part of the brain has its own sensory translators to tell the brain what is a smell, waht is a texture and such. However, the electrical impulses sent by the IS that go into the brain separate into 5 identical signals. Each one is interpreted by that respective sense's nerves.

Synesthesia's reality is that a human's brain is wired uniquely such that a stimulus will elicit another completely different memory of a sensation in the brain. However this ability's version of synesthesia is giving the brain 5 simultaneously different perceptions on the same object. The chances of sensory overload are high but that is slightly offset by the loss of natural senses.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:35   Link #23629
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Hmmm, makes sense, just don't forget to add some limitation
Old 2012-02-24, 01:36   Link #23630
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Who's easily the most strict among the cast members? Chifuyu not included since she's already the strictest person there.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:40   Link #23631
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Random ranting stuff:

This may come off as rude but.... the truth is OC reflect the author in someway.

So if you have an super OC with special weapon to destroy IS...... it tells a lot of bad things about you.....

Also:
Those type of OC aren't very smart....

Society is the root of the Gender Bias problem, they are the culprit of it, so the real enemies is not IS but societies.

IS only accelerated the process.

It is like saying Iphone has made the society even more greedy and wanted to destroy all Iphone because of it.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:41   Link #23632
demino_hellsin
That one guy

this ability only lasts for a limited amount of time and is a one-off ability with very limited applications, that even wen broadened are extremely difficult to apply.

Also, the senses are prone to being fooled. Because there is a lack of doubt, what you must do is confuse the IS itself which becomes the main sensory organ for the pilot. Also because of a lack of doubt, then chances are the pilot will carry out the erroneous action with great precision as well.

Sounds complicated and cool but I'm wondering if this fits Ichika...
Old 2012-02-24, 01:44   Link #23633
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Wait, isn't that question self explanatory? The closest thing to an answer would be Houki.

@ Age
Quoted for truth, but good writer have standard about it, while shameless writer are... well...

Hwever, your argument and analogy is moot, one can pirate Iphone, but one cannot pirate I.S., this is the important point. also, I.S. changed the society, accelerate? what is there to accelerate? Feminism exist, but is minority and the modern advancement not changed anything much (especially Japan).

@ Demi
I wonder about that, but the philosophy of hit-or-miss seems to fit canon Ichika.
Old 2012-02-24, 01:56   Link #23634
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*writing zero's name on the ballot* what?

the idea of this one off ability is Ichika's desire to protect. But all this time, he'd only ever known one way of protecting "Fight". But there are other ways of protecting, Chifuyu had been protecting him all that time. He knew he lacked awareness and knowledge, that's why he walked the easiest path, but that one part of him still wanted to expand his senses and be more aware of what his sister was keeping away from him. The AI that holds this one off ability is inside of Byakushiki. It wasn't deleted, but at the same time it's not unleashed. It's there with no one noticing it and no way of calling out. Not even afforded the luxury of sleep. That's why when she encounters Ichika, she wants him to wipe her away forever.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:07   Link #23635
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I meant who do you think would be strict when they're mad? Laura might seem like it, but she's just plain comical whenever she's angry (For reference, look at the scene after Gatenashi barges into her room).

@ Treme - Does that mean Harry potter is somehow a disguise for JK Rowling? That statement doesn't apply to everyone.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:08   Link #23636
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's quite tragic example.

*Cue the conflict regarding several tropes about values and measurement of humanity*

@ Eras

That's because of Badass Decay to be precise. If Houki or Laura not qualified then hell if anyone else is.

Also, he was talking about "badass OC who want and/or able to destroy I.S."

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-02-24 at 02:19.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:13   Link #23637
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The current AI is Setsura, but if this sealed AI is released, Setsura may disappear. Ichika realizes the implications and has to make the choice.

Ofcourse this is only in concept as of now, though I do think I'll work on this in my spare time.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:24   Link #23638
Eratas123

@'Senpai - When did Charlotte and Laura become friends? They sure didn't seem that friendly in the V3 intro. Also, do they kinda look like and older and younger sibling/Mother and daughter pair?

@ Treme - Don't you have male IS pilots? Kinda says something as well.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:29   Link #23639
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, Ichika wouldn't be an ass not following her request, unless "human as measure" is in full effect where AI is considered disposable tool.

@ Eras
Maybe offscreen during the 1 month time skip between V3 and V4, as for how... hell if I knew. The point is that Laura act pretty much both as younger sibling and a children the same time.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:45   Link #23640
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what would you have done? I'd be clueless actually.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest