AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 06:41   Link #1
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Deus Ex Machina

Deus Ex Machina
From Horobi no Michi: Clockworkers- mechanical men, created during the war as a weapon to kill as many as possible. That war may be long over, but rogue Clockworkers are still roaming about, spreading fear and death wherever they go.

Machina's a member of the CWA, an organization dedicated to the destruction of these rogue robots.

Along with Deus, her Clockworker partner, she travels the country in pursuit of these dangerous robots...

Has anyone read this? I think it's very underrated on Mangaupdates with the low rating, but the concept is interesting enough. Machina is a pretty badass loli and the concept of robots created for the purpose of war might not be new but with the introduction of the more advanced types escalate the excitement of the battles. Definitely worth checking out imo. This comes out monthly and there are currently 11 scanlated chapters and 16 raw chapters.

Last edited by Mizuno; 2010-01-17 at 02:41.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 06:54   Link #2
Arturro

I've read this. IMHO it's an average manga, but has potential to become much more interesting. I like steampunk, there aren't many steampunk manga and Deus Ex Machina is one of those, but I'm a little tired of tsundere lolis and wimpy males protagonists.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 07:58   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

I'm not even sure that boy is really the male protagonist at this stage, he hasn't had much of a role in the story yet, and he's more of a hindrance than anything. Even Deus seems more like a protagonist than him at this point.
Old 2009-07-28, 08:46   Link #4
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I'm not even sure that boy is really the male protagonist at this stage, he hasn't had much of a role in the story yet, and he's more of a hindrance than anything. Even Deus seems more like a protagonist than him at this point.
I hope you're right. Deus is IMO most interesting character in this manga.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 07:54   Link #5
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's a shame this manga gets so little attention, I like it a lot. Machina's downright sadism certainly is a breath of fresh air from the standard Louise type Tsundere.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 03:04   Link #6
Mizuno
Undefined

Indeed. I really like this manga and really hope it will make its way to animation one day, but the low ratings aren't helping it... Makes you wonder why some of the cliche shounen series get more love while this gets none. It's refreshing and Machina is awesome. Luke might be too childish and wimpy for some though... but it's not enough to stop me from reading it.

Ch11 is finally scanned while I type this.
Old 2009-11-02, 08:43   Link #7
Nemesis

This manga is actually kinda good,i've havent seen a female protagonist like Makina before.
Old 2009-11-08, 03:30   Link #8
furu
アラスネ

I just start reading it. Not bad at all. Machina is a great female character, though, a good rebel.
furu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 16:43   Link #9
Mizuno
Undefined

It has gotten better since the introduction of the humanoid advanced type clockworkers.

And Machina somewhat reminds me of that girl in Dance of the Vampire Bund appearance wise, except Machina is better.
Old 2010-01-16, 22:56   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just read through the 11 chs out so far and is pretty good indeed.
I recall seeing the this thread pop up before and was curious given it's title, I think I went and checked out the 1st couple of chapters but something came up and stopped and it must have slippted my mind about going back to read the rest(happens quite alot-__-)
Only reason I am reading again is cause I was looking at something which leads to another, which leads to anothhr etc etc.

I really like the setting, its pretty cool probably one of the big plus factors of the series.
Well I think the only gripe I have is the kid, as much as they are norm of the anime/manga universe, I still can't bring myself to like them wimpy whiny kids but now over the years I can put up with them.
Machina and Deus is where its at and can only hope the focus stays with them for the most part.

One thing, I'm actually been wondering if Machina and Deus are typical in there partnership like ones I've seen before or comepletely different, its really rattling the old grey cells>_<

Well hope we get more scans, this has really piqued my interest now
Old 2010-01-17, 00:46   Link #11
Tom Bombadil

I read the Chinese scans and loved it. A strong female protagonist is a fresh air among the all the other cliched stuff. But the slow releasing pace makes it hard to follow.
Old 2010-01-17, 02:32   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

I feel like comparing Machina to Mina Tepes from Dance of the Vampire Bund because they look quite similar. But I prefer Machina's character a lot more, even though sometimes she can be a bitch.

The manga is getting better after ch11.

And we even got some service in ch17.

Spoiler for hmm steamy:

You know a manga is good when it makes you want to read the next one, even though there's nothing climatic about the chapter you just read at all!

Last edited by Mizuno; 2010-01-17 at 03:08.
Old 2010-01-17, 16:32   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I feel like comparing Machina to Mina Tepes from Dance of the Vampire Bund because they look quite similar. But I prefer Machina's character a lot more, even though sometimes she can be a bitch.

You know a manga is good when it makes you want to read the next one, even though there's nothing climatic about the chapter you just read at all!
Yea I think anyone's who read this and Vampire Bund will make the comparison but def Machina>>>>>Mina.
Machina's awesome attitude makes for great reading and I really like her bitchy side, it's fierce

Will have to agree the best series are the ones that keep you wanting more even if nothing major happens, very few series can do that for me but I think I can say this is one of them, really has got my attention.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:18   Link #14
Mizuno
Undefined

And Machina has actually got some breasts and an incredible behind for her age... Mina in loli mode is a complete washboard.

I like the settings, it's like I'm looking at FMA again, except other than Homunculus, we have Clockworkers. Instead of Al and Ed, we have Deus and Machina. The premise isn't amazing but it's certainly above average.

How old do you think Luke and Machina is? I'm not sure it was mentioned.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:50   Link #15
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh yea Machina has def got a incredible behind for her age, well I think more to the point she simply has a incredible behind

Luke is 12 years old but don't think Machina's age was revealed yet, if I had to guess I'd go with around 17+. I just can't seem to imagine a girl any younger handling a gun like that with such ease.

forgot to mention before, ch 11 had a great little peice of writing

Cendrillion:Now Now Now, what do you say at times like this?
It starts with "a" and ends with "u," a word fo gratitude?

Machina: You mean "ahou"?

Something extremely simple, yet I've never thought about it before nor have I seen the joke show up any where else.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:58   Link #16
Mizuno
Undefined

Did they say Luke's age is 12? I get the impression he's more like 10 at most given the way he behaves.

Machina appears to me to be around 15. I don't think I have seen a 17-yr-old trapped in a loli body besides Taiga and Popura in Working!! XD

Machina is also cute in the fact that she probably said "ahou" without ill intent. It's just that her dictionary has more abusive words in it than appreciative words. XD That's just the way she is, like some sadistic oujo-sama.

Her character has really grown on me, because if it were a different lead, I probably might have dropped it.
Old 2010-01-17, 23:22   Link #17
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Machina appears to be around 15 to me too. Luke around 7 lol, though he would be better off still-born or something. Useless thing. He sucks even as a cannon fodder.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:44   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Luke mentions his age when he meets Killer Bee(gotta say the lucky little punk gets it good with the women, which irks me quite alot)
Machina's age I only guess given my fuzzy logic but I do realize its manga and it's more likely to be around 15-16 but I still can't help think she has to be older to wield the weapon like so.
Fuzzy logic would be something like, Bee is 14 years old and is said to be the youngest at CWA, not sure if thats currently the youngest or the youngest to ever join but I've gone with youngest to ever join.
with that I can't think Machina is 15 as it seems she's been at CWA alot longer than just say a year.

...great now you guys have got me all wanting to know her real age>_<
Old 2010-07-23, 19:07   Link #19
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

This series needs more love, honestly the plot, story and the cast are really great in this series, I hope this series will get an anime adaptation soon.

Oh and just to say, Machina surely is cool!
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 23:45   Link #20
jin jin5000

sounds like hellsing
jin jin5000 is offline   Reply With Quote