AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-19, 12:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Total Eclipse - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Total Eclipse, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Information from the Muv-Luv games must not be posted in this thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:20   Link #2
DoomRavager

So as far as I can tell with my very limited understanding and a laggy livestream, emphasis this episode on how non-Russian SSR and Warsaw Pact peoples don't really like the Russians pushing them around.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:26   Link #3
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

More or less, and the fact they are conscripted child soldiers, and they really hate the elite capitalists.

Still, railguns,
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mother russia,
Images
BETA snacks.
Images
Whats there not to like in this episode?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:33   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

All gets reduced down to Yuuya saying something like "Don't touch the loli Inia!!" with a falcon punch .
Old 2012-08-19, 12:36   Link #5
John117xCortana

Mother russia is hot.
Old 2012-08-19, 12:49   Link #6
DoomRavager

Also, communist quality tank-mounted explosive reactive armor blocks apparently failing to explode on contact.
Old 2012-08-19, 13:06   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Also, communist quality tank-mounted explosive reactive armor blocks apparently failing to explode on contact.
The Party was cutting corners and outsourced the manufacturing to North Korea.
Old 2012-08-19, 13:12   Link #8
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
More or less, and the fact they are conscripted child soldiers, and they really hate the elite capitalists.

Still, railguns,
Images
mother russia,
Images
BETA snacks.
Images
Whats there not to like in this episode?
I argg I hate those anti personnel especially soldier class beta

Spoiler for Wish this unit was there and couple of battalions of this infantry :
Old 2012-08-19, 13:21   Link #9
LeoXiao
思想工作

So...
Soviet ethnic problems, Yuuya and Yui finding excuses to talk to each other, and little action except involving some tanks. I guess we'll see the real stuff happen next week.
Also, I wonder what Cryska's problem is that makes her collapse randomly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
More like, even bothering to mount ERA on vehicles that won't be facing high-velocity projectiles (reactive armor takes a lot of heat to active).
Old 2012-08-19, 13:26   Link #10
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I was hoping to see Yuuya fight BETA for his 8 minutes of death. Maybe next episode then

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-08-19 at 13:49.
Old 2012-08-19, 13:35   Link #11
EroKing

BETA food Om Nom Nom Nom
Old 2012-08-19, 14:16   Link #12
ookamigirl

Those Betas totally remind me of creatures from Doom.
Just surreal and pretty scary!
From Caribbean to Russia... they were not too happy about it.
So they're working with the Russians now... that should be interesting.
It was rare to see Yuuya and Yui getting along so well.
Being treated as nuisances was not making them feel very welcome in Russia.
Inia & Cryska seem more open minded now, especially after the island adventure.
On the other hand, things are looking pretty serious on the front.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-08-19, 14:29   Link #13
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Several episodes ago, I was joking about Yuya Bridges having no combat experience, but lol...he really doesn't. Based on the conversation among the other three Argos members, it appears he's the only one without any. So, our male lead is going to end up saving everyone's life/taking back japan/becoming a hero, as a rookie with no experience. Ok, plot armor on!

While I'm glad to see there will be some actual fighting finally in the next episode, I'm already groaning as the 99.99999999% probability that Yuya is going to save our newest female ace pilot and break open her icy facade which will turn her into another member of the Yuya harem. /groan

I wonder what those Soviet aces would have thought if someone had told them the Alaskan pilots had just come from partying in the Caribbean.

As far as Cryska's (and, let's not forget Inia), issues, it seems obvious those 'cute' hair clips are some form of mind-control/Gundam Psychoframe-like device and likely the cause of Cryska's "issues", as well as Inia seeming to have two polar personalities. I was actually disappointed Yuya showed up, as Cryska seemed to be insinuating it wasn't Inia who was in danger, but all those young pilots who were in danger from Inia. I'm sure savior-boy Yuya will save those two Russians from that horrible device at some point as well.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:32   Link #14
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Japan was ALREADY taken back in 1999 with Operation Lucifer.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:34   Link #15
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
All gets reduced down to Yuuya saying something like "Don't touch the loli Inia!!" with a falcon punch .
That douchebag rightful deserved it anyway,anyway its a set up episode
Old 2012-08-19, 14:56   Link #16
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I'll largely skip over the rescue scenario, since it's pretty much a blatant set-up anyway to add more Yuuya/Cryska/Inia bonding and introduce Tasha personally. I wonder if there's something to creb's suggestion above about some kind of control mechanism on the Twins. The one thing I did like about the scene was that it showed how much of a naif Cryska really is ("lab rat" springs to mind) about real-world social concerns (this shows a different side of her comment to Yuuya about being Japanese as well in the previous episode...although it also introduces a different question, such as why if she doesn't think ethnic differences are relevant among the USSR, why she would think they'd apply in the U.S.? Or is that a product of Party propaganda that she's been fed?). I also liked how Yuuya assumed they were mechanics; sure, there's the kid-soldiers issue (and how it points out how much more relatively normal U.S. life is in this setting compared to everybody else's), but also, if Zhar Flight is supposed to be this elite squadron, you'd expect them to have some level of self-respect.

I don't know about anybody else, but VG's comments on the boat about the Caribbean seem to me to be almost a lampshade-hanging about how ridiculous that arc was in terms of tone in the middle of the series.

Yuuya and Yui managed to go the whole episode being friendly to one another. And respecting each others' professional opinions. It was weird seeing that! Good to see Yuuya make the point about how the "eight minutes of death" really applied more to 1st-gen TSFs while still respecting Yui's combat experiences, and Yui acknowledging that while still showing that she's suffered losses.

Always glad to have political subplots; I wonder what's up there. Intriguing point about the railgun's design not suiting the Japanese TSF combat/design philosophy, which goes to show you what happens when Military Contract A and Military Contract B are sent out by different groups to different people, then are expected to be used by the same fighting force. Cute to see Yuuya, who'd I'd expect to want to fight at long range (or at least be more comfortable in that role) instead wanting to try out the Shiranui 2nd's close-range capacity and get right up in BETA's faces.

I strongly expect some of the Zhar Flight kids to get nommed. I also strongly expect that this will lead to some defrosting on Tasha's part. Especially if they get nommed because they're too busy trying to stab Argos Flight in the back to watch their own backs.

Lastly...am I crazy, or was there a little Bilingual Bonus slipped in when Chobi was looking for the PX, 'cause I don't think those Russians were laughing because she was an outsider to mock, but because she was standing right in front of it when she asked?
Old 2012-08-19, 15:00   Link #17
konart

I couldn't stop laughing at the scene were some Georgian ana Kazakh dudes were trying to rape our "newtypes" calling Cryska Russian :'D
Old 2012-08-19, 15:04   Link #18
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I'll largely skip over the rescue scenario, since it's pretty much a blatant set-up anyway to add more Yuuya/Cryska/Inia bonding and introduce Tasha personally. I wonder if there's something to creb's suggestion above about some kind of control mechanism on the Twins. The one thing I did like about the scene was that it showed how much of a naif Cryska really is ("lab rat" springs to mind) about real-world social concerns (this shows a different side of her comment to Yuuya about being Japanese as well in the previous episode...although it also introduces a different question, such as why if she doesn't think ethnic differences are relevant among the USSR, why she would think they'd apply in the U.S.? Or is that a product of Party propaganda that she's been fed?). I also liked how Yuuya assumed they were mechanics; sure, there's the kid-soldiers issue (and how it points out how much more relatively normal U.S. life is in this setting compared to everybody else's), but also, if Zhar Flight is supposed to be this elite squadron, you'd expect them to have some level of self-respect.

I don't know about anybody else, but VG's comments on the boat about the Caribbean seem to me to be almost a lampshade-hanging about how ridiculous that arc was in terms of tone in the middle of the series.

Yuuya and Yui managed to go the whole episode being friendly to one another. And respecting each others' professional opinions. It was weird seeing that! Good to see Yuuya make the point about how the "eight minutes of death" really applied more to 1st-gen TSFs while still respecting Yui's combat experiences, and Yui acknowledging that while still showing that she's suffered losses.

Always glad to have political subplots; I wonder what's up there. Intriguing point about the railgun's design not suiting the Japanese TSF combat/design philosophy, which goes to show you what happens when Military Contract A and Military Contract B are sent out by different groups to different people, then are expected to be used by the same fighting force. Cute to see Yuuya, who'd I'd expect to want to fight at long range (or at least be more comfortable in that role) instead wanting to try out the Shiranui 2nd's close-range capacity and get right up in BETA's faces.

I strongly expect some of the Zhar Flight kids to get nommed. I also strongly expect that this will lead to some defrosting on Tasha's part. Especially if they get nommed because they're too busy trying to stab Argos Flight in the back to watch their own backs.

Lastly...am I crazy, or was there a little Bilingual Bonus slipped in when Chobi was looking for the PX, 'cause I don't think those Russians were laughing because she was an outsider to mock, but because she was standing right in front of it when she asked?
Yeah, I noticed the soldiers speaking Russian to Chobi too.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:10   Link #19
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
meh, wasn't that great of an episode. The scarlet twins are pretty hot though, can't get enough of them.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:10   Link #20
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Yeah, I noticed the soldiers speaking Russian to Chobi too.
Actually, I meant the supermarket sign.
Closed Thread