AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 11:01   Link #141
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The animation, pacing and overall style is badass. The story could be junkfood for all I care, show’s built with win.
Old 2011-04-15, 11:08   Link #142
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa... that was trippy. This does look interesting though, I just hope we can make more sense of it later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Can we consider this NTR?
No, it is not NTR, even though it incites the same jealous feeling.

Quote:
Hanabi is obviously concerned about our protagonist here, but he's always in a miserable mode that people are staying away from him. Still does she have to resort to the stereotypical young, rich playboy character because her first option had no ambition? Well I guess that part is realistic at least.
She pissed me off. You thought she liked him or at least cared for a little bit, but then she runs right to her boyfriend. I hope she has a small role in the series.
Old 2011-04-15, 11:43   Link #143
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whoa... that was trippy. This does look interesting though, I just hope we can make more sense of it later on.

No, it is not NTR, even though it incites the same jealous feeling.

She pissed me off. You thought she liked him or at least cared for a little bit, but then she runs right to her boyfriend. I hope she has a small role in the series.
I do remember the definition of NTR covers affection even if the girl doesn't go out with the main character.

And as for Hanabi role its obvious she's a crucial character... at least the development of the MC requires it. Since its emphasis how important money is and how his desire for her can be achieve with money. If anything, it points at major character development between these two. Also I feel that she probably does care but money to her is just as important ^^, the real life scenario..... great development... hmmm thinking back probably has the same feeling as Nana to me.

Yui Makino as Hanabi Ikuta

It's been a while since I last saw her in a role ^^,
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:00   Link #144
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Aw come on, where's all this hate coming from? She's not allowed to have a boyfriend? What's she supposed to do? I wouldn't have guessed the guy had feelings for her until that happened, so it's not like she could've known he had feelings for her. And how exactly is she supposed to help with his financial situation?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:05   Link #145
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Aw come on, where's all this hate coming from? She's not allowed to have a boyfriend? What's she supposed to do? I wouldn't have guessed the guy had feelings for her until that happened, so it's not like she could've known he had feelings for her. And how exactly is she supposed to help with his financial situation?
It does emphasize the person she's dating is rich... I wonder if she really loves the guy? Not to mention he looks like a playboy lol, I smell a break up and plot xD I can see people raging from that..
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:12   Link #146
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was wondering if i should watch this show because my weeks are already quite busy, though with this statement i must.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
I stand by my original pre-opening impression - the two names I thought of when I saw the premise were Philip K. Dick and Ashirogi Muto. I could easily see this coming from either one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:45   Link #147
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I'm torn on how I feel about the character designs. Some are incredible (Kimimaro, Q, Masakaki, that Anubis looking fellow) and some were...not so great (the older man who works with Kimimaro at the convenience store, the two guys who wanted Kimimaro to go to the kegger, the man from the very beginning).
Overall though, I think the good designs outweigh the bad ones.

I love the way this show is presenting itself. Some aspects remind me of Little Shop of Horrors; a young man (Kimimaro, Seymour) is acquainted with the devil in disguise (Masakaki, the plant) and is talked into doing immoral things which will make him wealthy and more appealing to a particular girl (Hanabi, Audry).

Last edited by Tsuyukusa; 2011-04-15 at 12:59.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:41   Link #148
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 13:54   Link #149
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 1:
Spoiler for ep1:
Old 2011-04-15, 13:58   Link #150
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I do remember the definition of NTR covers affection even if the girl doesn't go out with the main character.
But those 2 aren't in that type of relationship. No blushing or acting sort of like a couple to observers for the BST part of the definition" to take place.

I'm still in the "it's not NTR" camp. However, if she cheats on her "boyfriend" with the MC, then its NTR from the boyfriend's perspective. But if the bf turns out to be a subsistence dating "client" like in Initial D then it doesn't count. Either way, the girl isn't being painted in the morally best position here.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:12   Link #151
Jerseykid

Hanabi was such a good girl and then the boyfriend appeared and I said HUSSY!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:43   Link #152
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I hope this doesn't end up like Fractale (interesting world/setting combined with terrible characters and plot development). The CCG at the beginning set off warning bells, but then the second half saved the episode. I am cautiously optimistic about this series.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:21   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I hope this doesn't end up like Fractale
With Nakamura Kenji as the director, i'm sure you have nothing to worry about in that regard.
Old 2011-04-15, 15:46   Link #154
dryeyes

I find the bashing toward Hanabi mostly sexist. Can't a girl be pragmatic?

And am I the only one who thinks that her boyfriend might be that bearded guy at the beginning?
dryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 16:00   Link #155
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryeyes View Post
I find the bashing toward Hanabi mostly sexist. Can't a girl be pragmatic?

And am I the only one who thinks that her boyfriend might be that Itaneda(?) guy at the beginning?
It's not sexist. The girl who doesn't dress like she's rich is dating a rich guy. He dresses the part. She doesn't even bother to change her clothes before her date. It looks like she's wearing work clothes to her date. Something's not right about her imo.

You can be pragmatic but she never let on that she had a bf. That was just hiding the facts from the MC and other male characters at that college.

No he's (winner of prologue fight) interested in Q. That's who his "date" was with imo. He's out of Hanabi's league. Besides he's definitely a brunette. Hanabi's bf is blonde.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:05   Link #156
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm still in the "it's not NTR" camp.
I'm in the "what the hell is NTR, and why does it matter anyway?" camp myself. I really don't see the point of trying to fit a story into these types of boxes. Just let the story be the story.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 16:13   Link #157
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm in the "what the hell is NTR, and why does it matter anyway?" camp myself. I really don't see the point of trying to fit a story into these types of boxes. Just let the story be the story.
lmao.

NTR = netorare ( link )

It did make the episode discussion interesting. I'm rooting for subsistence dating so thru Hanabi we can see if money can buy love and how it affects the MC.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:48   Link #158
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't like how she played with him a little. She led him on to ask her out and then ran to the boyfriend.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:49   Link #159
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent series premise. Generally compelling characters. Ok character designs. Generic artwork. Good animation.

On the whole, pretty good.

What really made this episode for me though was the character of Masakaki.
Tremendously terrific trickster character type. He was simply loads of fun.

So he puts this a bit over the top for me, arriving at a 9/10 rating.

Going forward, however... while I do like the series premise, I hope that the anime isn't too heavy-handed with it. Similar to what Arabesque wrote, sometimes the first episode came across as rather blunt to me, in how it conveys its core ideas. I generally like animes with themes to them, but they shouldn't land with all the subtlety of an anvil either.

Still, that's a minor nitpick at this point. Still a 9/10 first episode for me.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:52   Link #160
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I don't like how she played with him a little. She led him on to ask her out and then ran to the boyfriend.
Never trust the first episode for “facts” about a show. That there could have been her brother, and the “let him to ask her out” could have been something else entirely.

Tags
action, finance, noitamina