AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 02:45   Link #461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
mm, if I remember correctly, Jeremiah's cyborg form was based on research on the Code, right? Geass immunity, the ability to interface with orange ball mecha (damnit, I keep forgetting its name. Sutherland Sieg?), etc. Iunno, the point of 'cyborg-ifying' Shirley wouldn't have been to give her powers, though, just to keep her alive, so there's no reason they'd have to go all the way or anything. I think even just an immunity to geass (i.e. Code bearers, minus the immortality) would have made Shirley pretty badass (specially given all Geass had done to her! I remember from the old romance threads someone once pointed out that Shirley's the only one to have been hit by all of them, wasn't she? Mao, Lelouch, Charles, Rolo. Actually wait, Lelouch got all of them too; only Shirley got anti-Geassed too, though.).
Yes, Jeremiah's transformation was based off of the data gleaned from C.C. in Clovis' Code R project. The first mech was called the Siegfried; the salvaged form was the Sutherland Sieg. And since the Geass Canceler is a Geass in its own right, that means she is the only one to taste all of them, with Lelouch just behind due to not having been nailed with the Geass Canceler.
Old 2009-05-29, 02:47   Link #462
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It comes as part of the package, me think. They probably are lazy enough to take the basics and tune them to suit a lady's needs. Nothing else. Heck, they might even just use the spare parts off the bat, until the wrath of the Emperor (Lelouch) forces them to adjust.

Still, I can only imagine the shock on her mother's face when they revealed the new her (even assuming she looks like her old self).
Old 2009-05-29, 03:16   Link #463
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Still, it would be very weird to see her in the pool after her ... enhancements. For one, she is going to leave the best swimmers in the dust if she goes all out.
LOL, yes. Very true. Hmm, the mind continues to wander. What if she could pilot a KMF after her "enhancements"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yes, Jeremiah's transformation was based off of the data gleaned from C.C. in Clovis' Code R project. The first mech was called the Siegfried; the salvaged form was the Sutherland Sieg. And since the Geass Canceler is a Geass in its own right, that means she is the only one to taste all of them, with Lelouch just behind due to not having been nailed with the Geass Canceler.
Well, unless you count C.C.'s memory restoration as a makeshift Geass Canceller.

Quote:
It comes as part of the package, me think. They probably are lazy enough to take the basics and tune them to suit a lady's needs. Nothing else. Heck, they might even just use the spare parts off the bat, until the wrath of the Emperor (Lelouch) forces them to adjust.
LOL. I can imagine.

Quote:
Still, I can only imagine the shock on her mother's face when they revealed the new her (even assuming she looks like her old self).
Well, I would hope she would still look mostly like her old self. I mean, if anything we're talking a little less cyborg modification than Jeremiah. And aww, poor Mrs. Fenette. I guess the whole Fenette family is just cursed (well, cursed by association)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 03:23   Link #464
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, unless you count C.C.'s memory restoration as a makeshift Geass Canceller.
Doesn't really count. That involved the usage of C.C.'s Code, which isn't a Geass. The Geass Canceler, however, was a Geass gained from a contract with V.V..

Quote:
Well, I would hope she would still look mostly like her old self. I mean, if anything we're talking a little less cyborg modification than Jeremiah. And aww, poor Mrs. Fenette. I guess the whole Fenette family is just cursed (well, cursed by association)
I think Mrs. Fenette would just be happy with having her daughter back.
Old 2009-05-29, 03:31   Link #465
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Doesn't really count. That involved the usage of C.C.'s Code, which isn't a Geass. The Geass Canceler, however, was a Geass gained from a contract with V.V..
Really? You're sure about that? I always thought they created it from Geass experimentation.

Quote:
I think Mrs. Fenette would just be happy with having her daughter back.
True. Still, not very pleasant to have a cyborg daughter. Count your blessings I suppose.
Old 2009-05-29, 03:34   Link #466
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Really? You're sure about that? I always thought they created it from Geass experimentation.

True. Still, not very pleasant to have a cyborg daughter. Count your blessings I suppose.
It was stated that it was from a contract with V.V., I believe.

And, well, we're basing this off of the same cybernetics process used on Jeremiah, so its not like she'll be turned into a horror and Shirley, for the most part, will still be Shirley. At this point, Mrs. Fenette would probably know not to take her family for granted anymore.
Old 2009-05-29, 03:43   Link #467
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
It was stated that it was from a contract with V.V., I believe.

And, well, we're basing this off of the same cybernetics process used on Jeremiah, so its not like she'll be turned into a horror and Shirley, for the most part, will still be Shirley. At this point, Mrs. Fenette would probably know not to take her family for granted anymore.
When was it stated? At the end of Turn 12?

Well, if she ever did take them for granted in the first place (never knew much about her) Still, true. Very true. I guess it would be helpful to have a fanart concept drawing of cyborg Shirley. Aah! So many fanarts to be done!
Old 2009-05-29, 03:49   Link #468
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I believe so, yes. I'm trying to confirm, but I don't have the sub on my computer and nobody on YouTube's decided to upload the last third of the episode with the scene--plenty of part ones and part twos, but not part threes. Irritating.
Old 2009-05-29, 04:51   Link #469
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

First scenario I can think of is that she breaks things unconsciously. Also, since she had a funeral already, she would have to hide her face if she wants to go to public spaces. If she's strolling around, it's inside a park which is cordoned off for the Emperor's private use.

Let's not forget what the atmosphere would be like if Shirley asks to see Rolo, in Lelouch's presence.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-29 at 05:04.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 06:52   Link #470
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
I believe so, yes. I'm trying to confirm, but I don't have the sub on my computer and nobody on YouTube's decided to upload the last third of the episode with the scene--plenty of part ones and part twos, but not part threes. Irritating.
Well, for that we got our LOVED wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Gottwald

It states that his geass was from a contract with V.V and experimentation from the team, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 11:12   Link #471
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
It's never stated to be a result of a contract. In fact, given that it's in a cybernetic eye, it is quite unlikely.
Old 2009-05-29, 13:33   Link #472
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
First scenario I can think of is that she breaks things unconsciously. Also, since she had a funeral already, she would have to hide her face if she wants to go to public spaces. If she's strolling around, it's inside a park which is cordoned off for the Emperor's private use.

Let's not forget what the atmosphere would be like if Shirley asks to see Rolo, in Lelouch's presence.
I thought the point of her being a cyborg was for her to save her life. If her life could have been saved there wouldn't have been any need for a funeral and she could live her life more or less normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's never stated to be a result of a contract. In fact, given that it's in a cybernetic eye, it is quite unlikely.
I thought the same thing. And lets not forget that his Geass sigil is upside down. That seems quite unusual if it was just from a contract.
Old 2009-05-29, 13:56   Link #473
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, I doubt they could've actually produced an artificial Geass power with technology alone, even with data gleaned from Code R. Otherwise they'd have probably already reproduced a Code by then.

I don't doubt that Jeremiah's being a cyborg played a role in how it turned out, but I do think that the Geass Canceler is a Geass in itself. Why else would V.V. have been personally involved?
Old 2009-05-29, 14:00   Link #474
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Well, I doubt they could've actually produced an artificial Geass power with technology alone, even with data gleaned from Code R. Otherwise they'd have probably already reproduced a Code by then.

I don't doubt that Jeremiah's being a cyborg played a role in how it turned out, but I do think that the Geass Canceler is a Geass in itself. Why else would V.V. have been personally involved?
They already reproduced the unique physiology of a Code user. A Geass Canceler would be a simple (well, not so much, but still) matter of finding an opposing wavelength to whatever a normal Geass uses. If it had anything to do with a contract it would be an ordinary Geass, not a mechanical device.
Old 2009-05-29, 15:06   Link #475
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Maybe it was an original geass modified to be that specific type of geass. Like, Jeremiah's geass was that one, but with some changes here and there, they turned into another one which is specifically designed to fight against another geass user(in this case Lelouch).
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 15:21   Link #476
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Maybe it was an original geass modified to be that specific type of geass. Like, Jeremiah's geass was that one, but with some changes here and there, they turned into another one which is specifically designed to fight against another geass user(in this case Lelouch).
That doesn't change the fact that the mechanical eye was in place long before he ever met V.V. That would mean the modifications, which V.V. himself specifically mentions to Bartley, would have been to the mechanical systems.
Old 2009-05-29, 18:31   Link #477
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I thought the point of her being a cyborg was for her to save her life. If her life could have been saved there wouldn't have been any need for a funeral and she could live her life more or less normally.
Unfortunately, Lelouch, being Lelouch, would almost certainly use her funeral to stage further Xanatos Gambits. Also, he gets to keep her (largely) for himself. Oh yes, I wouldn't put it beneath Lelouch to do something like this.
Old 2009-05-29, 19:58   Link #478
Betteroffer

As far as appearences, since it's an anime Rule of Cute and Cute Monster Girl would effectively guarantee that Shirley's outward appearance would only heighten her attractiveness if there even were any outward alterations.

Actually now that I think of it, putting Shirley in the Seigfreid would be pretty funny. Jeremiah had the nickname Orange and Shirley has orange hair so...

...It would also allow Lelouch's Big Three to actually duke it out over him in KMF's (well, two KMF's and one KGF).

In series, the only thing I recall being mentioned by V.V. to Jeremiah was when he said "You posess the destroyer of all Geass. The Geass Canceler." And that alone tells us nothing about the Canceler's origins. As has already been said, the Canceler was in a non-natural eye, blue (when ALL others were pink/red), and upside down. These are three very strong knocks against it being at all from the result of a contract.

I actuall felt worse for Lelouch when he played the 'grateful ni-san' after Rolo killed Shirley. Imagine if you were in a situation where you had to do that for the killer of someone you loved (okay the exact 'had to' factor is debatable).

Thinking about it, I would have been even more creeped out if Lelouch had gone then route of gently scolding Rolo. He would basically be saying that killing her was wrong simply because it was part of a world Lelouch wanted to protect him from.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 20:22   Link #479
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

On the note of Rolo, Lelouch was only delaying his rage towards him. He couldn't stop his outbursts towards him forever. He didn't regard Rolo as an actual person, but a mere strategic piece. I always thought it was weird that after Kallen was told she was a playing piece, she stopped trusting Lelouch, and after Rolo was told the same thing, he saved his life. In Kallen's case, it was of concern for her safety and in Rolo's case it was out of genuine hatred. But enough about that.

I always thought that if Shirley had a choice between betraying Lelouch and going undercover with him at the cost of her purity, she'd choose being with him.

Actually, Psychotic Cyborg Shirley would be something I'd like to see, especially if she gets over it later. Um, but I don't know if I'd like it to be canon.
Ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 21:00   Link #480
Betteroffer

Kallen and Rolo were two very different people. Kallen did want Lelouch's acknowledgement, but it wasn't the sole point of her existence. She had a dream, family, and friends (I'm speaking about the Ashford SC now, since the BK were willing to use her as bait), and had known life and happiness outside of Lelouch.

Rolo conversly, had never experienced anything at all like love and warmth outside of Lelouch, so Lelouch's outburst was a complete denial of the reason for his existence, whereas for Kallen, it was 'only' a signifigant part.

Beyond that, Rolo is talking like he doesn't believe Lelouch's rant as he dies, so it is suspect as to the stability of his mind at the time, and Kallen's character poem tells us that she was willing to 'go Rolo times 10' for Lelouch even if he lied to her.

Crazy-robo-Shirley could actually be an endearing (if slightly cheesy) scene where she's about to kill Lelouch (or oh-so-much-better-yet Rolo), and Lelouch gives her a "You can't do it because it's not in your nature (and I possibly love you)" speech, resulting in the standard crying and apologizing hug scene (I believe both these characters needed more hugs).
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote