AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 03:11   Link #1161
ranoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I loved this chapter. Utsumi x Yuki FTW . But at the same time, I feel a little anxious because this just might be "the calm before the storm", Not to mention, the pace GE is progressing at, it might end within 50 chapters. I dont want it to end so soon, as I want it to be atleast 80-100 chapters because once GE is finished I will be left with only KNIM, which I dont really like but have to keep reading due to a lack of serious drama shounen romances at the moment. Jump has been a huge dissapointmemt as after Ichigo100% they pretty much stopped publishing good romance mangas so WSM is all I m left with for romance like GE and KNIM
wait, we still have summer camp, tooru and unknown jack diamond girl....this may be only half way of Good Ending story....

my comment for GE chapter 45......................................speechless.
ranoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 10:14   Link #1162
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

What "summer camp" and "unknown jack diamond girl" are you talking about?
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 10:24   Link #1163
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I think he means tennis camp.

The unknown jack of diamonds girl is from the original GE picture with Yuki holding the cards. Several of the cards have characters from the manga, including Kento, Utsumi, Shou, etc. One of the cards, the Jack of Diamonds, has a girl with straight black hair that we haven't seen before. She seems to have something to do with money.
Old 2010-05-14, 13:30   Link #1164
Iron21

The one shot is better than the current GE imo.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 14:41   Link #1165
greedyisgood
easy mode

Maybe the oneshot was meant to change the impression of the readers for the upcoming chapters
Old 2010-05-14, 16:30   Link #1166
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think he means tennis camp.

The unknown jack of diamonds girl is from the original GE picture with Yuki holding the cards. Several of the cards have characters from the manga, including Kento, Utsumi, Shou, etc. One of the cards, the Jack of Diamonds, has a girl with straight black hair that we haven't seen before. She seems to have something to do with money.
I can't see the black haired girl in the Yuki with card pictures. Where is she? I see no jack of diamonds.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 16:41   Link #1167
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
This

I'd take the easygoing Shou who loves practical jokes over the abused girlfriend Shou anyday.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 17:48   Link #1168
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

not that it's anything new although it's translated now but the oneshot is so open-ended it seems like it never really started...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 19:00   Link #1169
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This

I'd take the easygoing Shou who loves practical jokes over the abused girlfriend Shou anyday.
That is because the one-shot doesnt have the time for drama and bring out their pasts. So ofcorse its gonna look better. And the weekly GE is now just as easy-going and plays practical jokes after her break-up just like her one-shot counterpart. Just as the Weekly Yuki also, when not haunted by her past shows glimpses of her mischievous one-shot self in the weekly. They essentially the same characters but since its a weekly they have to delve into everything but their original personalities are the same in both versions.

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-15 at 06:36.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 19:08   Link #1170
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Yeah it is. It was much better as a short one. Open ended yeah, but no forced drama either.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 23:16   Link #1171
kurogawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah it is. It was much better as a short one. Open ended yeah, but no forced drama either.
If you think this is forced drama then you clearly haven't read Kimi no Iru Machi which is over 9000 times worse.

Of course the one shot would have more straight forward characters since it only has 41 pages. The one shot was very well done but I still prefer the manga because it allows for character development and for you to develop stronger feelings for each of the characters. To quote the one shot, "If you rush too quickly for your happy ending, it's not as much fun, right?"

IMO this series is going at a perfect pace although I wish it was slower since I don't want it to end and make me read KNIM .
kurogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 08:28   Link #1172
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurogawa View Post
If you think this is forced drama then you clearly haven't read Kimi no Iru Machi which is over 9000 times worse.
It's funny how people from both threads point at each other and say "That manga is xx times worse than this!!"
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 08:49   Link #1173
GrimJack

I think it is even funnier that people spend all their time moaning and complaining about how bad the manga's are but yet every week they are back again after reading a manga they purport not to enjoy reading at all.

surely to God's sake with all the choices out there they can find something they do like or maybe the truth is they just like to complain.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 09:02   Link #1174
Dark Mage

Not really its like watching a train wreck, you want to turn away but somehow you keep getting drawn into it. Its a similar feeling ...
Old 2010-05-15, 09:21   Link #1175
Xagzan

Funny. I don't want to turn away at all. I look very much forward to new chapters.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 10:49   Link #1176
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Funny. I don't want to turn away at all. I look very much forward to new chapters.
Me too, I always have looked forward to more GE, my comments were more aimed at KNIM
Old 2010-05-15, 15:28   Link #1177
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I think it is even funnier that people spend all their time moaning and complaining about how bad the manga's are but yet every week they are back again after reading a manga they purport not to enjoy reading at all.

surely to God's sake with all the choices out there they can find something they do like or maybe the truth is they just like to complain.
Maybe if there would be good numbers of the decent enough romance stories then there would be less of this moaning. It is not funny nor weird when you consider lack of good romance focused shounen series.

You what go read... KNIM, GE or Umi No Misaki... thats pretty much it... Nene days is crap (both artwork and the story), Manaka days doesn't even have male character with face... Rinko days would be the best choice but it comes only once in a month...

B Gata H Kei is not really a romance... has romance in it but mostly just 4coma perverted jokes.

What else... Q and A? Its not even clear that it has all that much romance in it and so far seems to be like one of the worst Adachi's manga's in the making...

Omamori Himari - silly, completely unrealistic harem fantasy... The World God Only Knows - pretty good, but more fantasy comedy and romance always gets a reset button treatment...

Nana to Kaoru, pretty good but only for SM lovers and romance is still rather vague not to mention that it comes out rarely.

Lock-On? - Yeah riiiiight.

Amagami - Precious Diary is probably the only good competitor at this rate... And in fact I like it over KNIM or GE. But that's pretty much it.

So its not really that funny when you think about - there are just no good ongoing romance shounen manga's... and if you want the romance you end up going back to KNIM or GE simply because of the lack of such manga's in general, rather than the two series being that captivating or yourself being sadomasochistic.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 18:21   Link #1178
ZODDGUTS

Pastel is a good example of a romance series where there's hardly any melodrama or any strong conflict and well... it's a rather boring series with not much happening in it. A series like that works well if it's a short series like Parallel but if it goes long ongoing with not much happening it gets rather boring.

And yeah this series may have some force drama but it's nowhere near as bad Kimi no Iru Machi. ugh Over 9000 times indeed.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 18:53   Link #1179
Dark Mage

Yeah Darknemo2000 explained it well and I said so in my previous post as well, there are a lack of good shounen romance, Jump doesnt focus on romance mangas at all anymore. Yeah even with this lack of romance mangas, I couldnt continue reading Pastel, it ws way too boring for me, and had to eventually stop reading it
Old 2010-05-16, 17:31   Link #1180
dilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurogawa View Post

Of course the one shot would have more straight forward characters since it only has 41 pages. The one shot was very well done but I still prefer the manga because it allows for character development and for you to develop stronger feelings for each of the characters. To quote the one shot, "If you rush too quickly for your happy ending, it's not as much fun, right?"

IMO this series is going at a perfect pace although I wish it was slower since I don't want it to end and make me read KNIM .
i recentlystartedand caught up in both GE and KNIM , and i must say, between the both and Bitter Virgin i coldnt help but enter this melancholic mood. BTW wtf is he gonna d with the new chick? he works with her so he cant avoid her and... was the oneshot thisweek's update?
dilan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi