Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 10:05   Link #101
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Waste several pages beating a dead horse in a chapter thread, rather than actually discussing the chapter. And we're only 5 pages into the thread.

This is why I don't post here anymore.
Every. Single. Chapter threads for the past several month, quickly derailed into arguments that has little to do with the current chapter.
And all by the same four or five users, every time.

*sigh* The whole point of having sub forum seems to be wasted.
But you have ot admit that we can't create topics anymore, so the Bs gets moved to where it can be seen. And the illogical survivals are a REAL issue that should be discussed, I believe, if not just for the sake of airing views.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-06-26, 10:44   Link #102
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lusion AL View Post
In other words, Is this whole war they are talking about going to happen, or will they be saved from it for now.
Garp said that once they enraged the king of the seas (Whitebeard), his assault could not be stopped, regardless if Ace gets saved or not. That being said, war is imminent.

As for the "Lack of Death" discussion in One Piece, I'll admit that I'm one of the contributors to it. But anyone that is impartial with an open mind can tell that Oda simply doesn't like to kill off his characters. He himself has stated that, so I don't know why people feel there is a need to defend this. Every author is subjected to criticism, so Oda shouldn't be an exception. When a death is very assured/warranted, it should happen, otherwise as Tommy says, the tension in drama isn't as high, because we the audience know that everything is going to be alright in the end. As a result, there is almost no sense of threat, danger, and mortality in this story, and there should be since pirates venturing out into the seas unarguably involves all three said concepts.

I love One Piece, and it is my favorite Shonen series of all time. My only complaint with it is when characters miraculously survive with no legitimate explanation on Oda's part. It kind of diminishes the suspense.

And really now, some people here need to stop being so sensitive when others have different opinions from theirs (even though what I'm stating isn't an opinion, it's a fact). This is a forum, and conflicting views are part of the reason why we post here in the first place (we get various insights from different perspectives). Furthermore, if everyone had the same viewpoint, things would really suck and be boring. It's nice to have a little bit of spice thrown into the mix .
Old 2009-06-26, 11:35   Link #103
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Every. Single. Chapter threads for the past several month, quickly derailed into arguments that has little to do with the current chapter.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you haven't been posting here ever since the beginning. And the only times you posted are to either post a your translation, or to make a correction. I searched and found that you made 68 posts out of nearly 32,000 posts in the forum, and that happened in a 3 year-long period. That is out of your 2050+ posts.

I can understand your need to justify yourself not posting here, but that only makes sense if you have ever paid attention to that part of the forum for a sufficient period. That never happened. Not even a single post per chapter. The people posting here at least tried to do something to make the forum live.

I am sorry to say this but I don't think you have any right to criticize others not when you haven't contributed in this part of the forum at a level to earn that right.
Old 2009-06-26, 11:38   Link #104
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Waste several pages beating a dead horse in a chapter thread, rather than actually discussing the chapter. And we're only 5 pages into the thread.

*sigh* The whole point of having sub forum seems to be wasted.
I feel the same way.

I'd certainly be in favour of some moderation here, to cut down the noise a bit.

Could do with fewer trolls and pre-emptive complainers (posters complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet...)
Old 2009-06-26, 12:19   Link #105
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And really now, some people here need to stop being so sensitive when others have different opinions from theirs (even though what I'm stating isn't an opinion, it's a fact). This is a forum, and conflicting views are part of the reason why we post here in the first place (we get various insights from different perspectives). Furthermore, if everyone had the same viewpoint, things would really suck and be boring. It's nice to have a little bit of spice thrown into the mix .
and this is why I love Animesuki, and not the so called "serious" One Piece forums fan sites (That many mindless fan bois flak to) that one member here loves to promote. As for the "complaints" about the complaints of members about a One Piece chapter or Arcs negatives......who really isn't discussing One Piece in a One Piece sub forum? Heck the "Lack of Death" (Positive or negative) discussion was brought about because of the current chapter, IE Bon's fate. The Who should save Ace discussions/Debates (Positive or negative) are brought about because of the current Arc's progression. While the "complaints" about the members who expose/express negatives in/about the One piece series, Arcs or chapter (also know as discussion yes even if its negative) by members who don't dive into discussion is brought about by.....?

I know a couple of words to describe em.

Back to One Piece complaints On topic: If Luffy and co do make it before Newgate and Dragon, there will be a high chance that Luffy's group might be beaten, and then saved by Dragon or Newgate.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-06-26 at 12:37.
Old 2009-06-26, 12:43   Link #106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
If Luffy and co do make it before Newgate and Dragon, there will be a high chance that Luffy's group might be beaten, and then saved by Dragon or Newgate.
Things are going to be very difficult for Luffy's group from this point on, indeed. A direct confrontation with the marines and the shichibukai is the last thing they want, considering that they are vastly outnumbered. The thing is, I think that the WG's forces (marines and shichibukai) are going to be spread out and guarding different sectors of the Marineford complex. It wouldn't be a very wise move to have everyone convene at one particular area and leave the rest of the place completely unfortified. Since this is how I think things are going to go down, Luffy's group might have a chance during their infiltration. They could face off against maybe a couple of shichibukai and some marine captains along with a VA. Since Luffy has Crocodile and Jimbei on his side, I think they would be able to fare well.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:15   Link #107
Prestige

I think marines try to engage WB and Revolutionaries on naval battles considering great having great fleets of war and battle-class ships and seas can be more fatal to devil fruit users and marines dont seem to have that many of them.

I guess Marines are expecting attack coming from New world/Redline direction and fleets propably have been assembled towards west while Luffy and co are approaching from East.

Revolutionaries seem to operate mostly outside Grand line and they can possibly approach Marineford from all sides, since they seem to have taken momentarilly control of bridge crossing Calm belt (from Robins coverstory) assaults might be launched from north and west.

Marines/WG seem to enjoy numerical superiority and having greater amount of ships and greater fleets while pirates and revolutionaries seem to have greater invidual strenght on fighters, though marines have VA's and Admirals. Not much can be told about Revolutionaries but its pretty safe to say that they are very formidable force since they have been so succesful in their war against WG.

Luffy's group consist about 250 fighters, its not sure does everyone want to accompony Luffy on final assault against Marineford but if everyone does join its still pretty formidable group with 3 ex-schichibukais, multiple devilfruit users and Luffy.

They might be able to slip through main blockades and battlefronts into Marineford where they can cause some great havoc.

But I doubt that even they can do much in main battles of war since they are on such massive scales considering thousands of troops from both sides and some of top monsters in OP world, thats why Luffy should attempt to sleep in to Marineford instead getting pulled to the gauntlet.
Old 2009-06-26, 14:37   Link #108
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
Things are going to be very difficult for Luffy's group from this point on, indeed. A direct confrontation with the marines and the shichibukai is the last thing they want, considering that they are vastly outnumbered. The thing is, I think that the WG's forces (marines and shichibukai) are going to be spread out and guarding different sectors of the Marineford complex. It wouldn't be a very wise move to have everyone convene at one particular area and leave the rest of the place completely unfortified. Since this is how I think things are going to go down, Luffy's group might have a chance during their infiltration. They could face off against maybe a couple of shichibukai and some marine captains along with a VA. Since Luffy has Crocodile and Jimbei on his side, I think they would be able to fare well.
Yeah I agree.
Luffy, Jimbei, Mr. 1 and3, Buggy and Crocodile...
If they get their first...
I can't put into words the Level of FUCK they'll be in...
And I'm talking about the Marines themselves being the Threat and not the Shichibukai...
Being as though, Blackbeard is obviously a traitor... Boa Hancock is siding with Luffy...
The only shichibukai left that we know 100% thats going to fight against Whitebeard along side the World Government is Mihawk, Daflamingo, and Gecko Moria...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think marines try to engage WB and Revolutionaries on naval battles considering great having great fleets of war and battle-class ships and seas can be more fatal to devil fruit users and marines dont seem to have that many of them.
Not really.
Check out all the Marines...
Most of their top fighters that we have seen so far are majority Devil Fruit Users, with the exception of Garp, The Captain (not so sure about), Koby, and Helmeppo. All of CP9 are Devil Fruit Users, The 3 Admirals are devil fruit users (not sure about Akinu [however you spell his name]), All of the Shichibukai (with the exception of Mihawk and Jimbei) are Devil Fruit users. The strong marines that are Captains are shown to be Devil Fruit users (Smoker and Hina).... so who knows, the Vice-Admirals we seen so far isn't shown to have Devil Fruits

[QUOTE=Prestige;2473951
Marines/WG seem to enjoy numerical superiority and having greater amount of ships and greater fleets while pirates and revolutionaries seem to have greater individual strength on fighters, though marines have VA's and Admirals. Not much can be told about Revolutionaries but its pretty safe to say that they are very formidable force since they have been so successful in their war against WG.
.[/QUOTE]

Not really, we don't know how many men in Dragon's Army...
Whitebeard was said to have a crew larger than Don Krieg's...
Whitebeard has 16 Division Commanders each commanding a 100 men so thats 1600 crewmembers....
Yeah the marines got more than 1600 people in it...
But all of them aren't at Marineford

Last edited by Red-Haired_Shanks; 2009-06-27 at 06:36.
Old 2009-06-26, 23:55   Link #109
D Lusion AL

If the Luffy co tries to save Ace by themselves (and thats assuming that they are all willing to help and risk thier freedom just after they got out of hell) they wont make it. The marines are preparing for an all out war, thier strongest forces are gathered for that moment which was why there were so little marine in the Shabondy arp. And Luffy, along with many of the other other Supernovas, still got thier asses handed to them.
He may have some strong allies with him now, but I dont think some people like Crocodile, Buggy (If he got that much stronger), Mr 3, are willing to risk everything for him. The only reason they helped Luffy before was because they had something to gain from it and right now I dont really see a reason for helping Luffy to save Ace.
Without outside interfearence (Whitebeard, who will pretty much definitely arrive, Dragon, or anyone else) they will lose. I know Luffy isnt the kind of person to plan ahead but youd think some of that would change after he lost his crew because of his nature. Luffy needs to learn something from his experience.
Old 2009-06-27, 05:26   Link #110
shankss
CP10

Now I only hope that Sengoku is planning to use Aokiji,Kizaru and Akainu as offensive force against Whitebeard, If an admiral is personally protecting the prisoner not even mr awesome fish can save luffys ass this time.

Well at least If I were Sengoku, I'd leave at least 10-20 pacifista and an admiral since Ace is the weakest point of this war.
Old 2009-06-27, 12:59   Link #111
Azncoke123

Quote:
But who knows if Crocodile might actually fight against other Shichibukai or Marines his Goal is to kill Whitebeard. We might even have a Jembei vs Croc. Some bad ass fights is coming thats for sure
Old 2009-06-27, 13:03   Link #112
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
But who knows if Crocodile might actually fight against other Shichibukai or Marines his Goal is to kill Whitebeard. We might even have a Jembei vs Croc. Some bad ass fights is coming thats for sure
As long as Ivankov is around, is Crocodile willing to betray his fellow escapees at the cost of having his secret revealed? That's the real question. Jimbei vs. Crocodile would be really awesome though .
Old 2009-06-27, 13:09   Link #113
kakakka

Well, it's interesting to know that secret too. What is it exactly that makes Crocodile agree to all this?

But then again, I doubt Crocodile is going to let himself be pushed/controlled for that long. So him betraying the others is not really that far from being reality.
Old 2009-06-27, 14:08   Link #114
marvelB

Heh, kinda forgot to mention before that I feel a bit sorry for the band of prison escapees..... most of them are unaware of their current destination. They're about to leap right out of the frying pan and into the fire......

Anyway, I'm actually hoping that we get to see some marines with Zoan powers when we get to the Marineford arc. I already mentioned before that I thought it was really cool to see how Oda is evolving Zoans into a unique class of their own, after learning about both "Ancient" and "Awakened"-type Zoans throughout this past year. It's especially great because.... well, Zoans just weren't as interesting as Paramecias and Logias prior to these recent revelations. I mean, the only Zoans I could think of who actually used their powers in unique ways were Chopper (Rumble Balls), Kaku (Bigan, Pasta Machine), and Hancock's sisters (enhancing their techniques with Haki). Every other Zoan just used their powers to increase their strength and athletic abilities and that's about it. But now that we've learned about Awakened Zoans, I'm hoping that we get to see future opponents use their powers in new and exciting ways. Just imagine: A frog Zoan who can use his long tongue as a weapon, Tao Pai Pai-style! A dung beetle Zoan who throws Haki-infused balls poop at his opponents (man, this would be so awesome if this comes true )! A cockroach Zoan who transforms from a tiny, harmless insect into a freaky 12-foot monster bug when tapping into his Awakened state (complete with puffy lips and a runny nose, of course ). I see endless possibilities here.....

....and as for which marines I would expect to be Zoans, I'm definitely looking towards the direction of the vice-admirals. If Drake (who was a rear-admiral, remember) was a dinosaur, then maybe someone like, oh say...... John Giant could end up being a wooly mammoth or something.....
Old 2009-06-27, 14:33   Link #115
Prestige

Zoans are quite formidable fruits if fighter has high base strenght already.

Awakened-zoans are specially annoying to enemys, you basically have to effectively kill enemy zoan user becasue if he even have a bit of life left he will be back at his feet and full power in no time.

If cp-9 fighters would have obtained awakened-state I doubt that Strawhats would made it out alive since Kaku,Jaybara and Lucchi would been up their feets very soon after their knockouts.

Chopper will be quite formidable if he reach awakened state too, he can take redicilous amount of punishment and still be back at fight after knockouts because high speed regeneration.

There is 250 prisoners along luffy, there might be some devil fruit users including zoan users, marines should have many many zoan users but not sure how many of them will face Luffy.

I have to say I really love concept of Devil fruits, things like powerlevels dont account here because devil fruits are so diffrent and its up to user how creative he is with his power.

Marines have no doubt quite a number of devil fruit users but I guess marines greatest power is their high disclipline, technology and material superioty along with its tens of thousands of marines who follow their orders unqestionably.
Old 2009-06-27, 15:24   Link #116
Red-Haired_Shanks

Quote:
As long as Ivankov is around, is Crocodile willing to betray his fellow escapees at the cost of having his secret revealed? That's the real question. Jimbei vs. Crocodile would be really awesome though .
Naw.
If them fight the match would be decided pretty quickly...
Although it depends on where they are...
But being as though Crocodile is Sand and Jimbei can manipulate and shoot water from far range.... Jimbei would win...
But like i said, it depends on the terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, kinda forgot to mention before that I feel a bit sorry for the band of prison escapees..... most of them are unaware of their current destination. They're about to leap right out of the frying pan and into the fire......
HAH! LOL!
I know right...
I hope Oda does a mug-shot of all the prisoners when they break the news
Old 2009-06-27, 15:25   Link #117
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Awakened-zoans are specially annoying to enemys, you basically have to effectively kill enemy zoan user becasue if he even have a bit of life left he will be back at his feet and full power in no time.
They don't recover that quickly. It takes some time before they are able to get up again and fight. While they are unconscious, someone could capitalize on the opportunity to kill them. Nonetheless, they are still big nuisances.
Old 2009-06-27, 15:40   Link #118
marvelB

Quote:
They don't recover that quickly. It takes some time before they are able to get up again and fight. While they are unconscious, someone could capitalize on the opportunity to kill them. Nonetheless, they are still big nuisances.

I actually figure that the amount of time it takes for an Awakened to recover may depend on the user. For instance, the zebra, koala and rhino definitely seemed to have recovered faster than the minotaur did (but then again, they were all OHKO'ed, so that may have been a factor, as well.....). Either way, I still can't wait to see how Oda will expand on the Awakened concept. I really want to see a Zoan that can be just as formidable as a Logia (perhaps even MORE so).......
Old 2009-06-27, 15:53   Link #119
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I actually figure that the amount of time it takes for an Awakened to recover may depend on the user. For instance, the zebra, koala and rhino definitely seemed to have recovered faster than the minotaur did (but then again, they were all OHKO'ed, so that may have been a factor, as well.....).
What you say here is certainly a possibility, and I personally think such factors would make the concept of awakened zoans more interesting, as opposed to having a fixed amount of time to recover regardless of the circumstances.

Quote:
Either way, I still can't wait to see how Oda will expand on the Awakened concept. I really want to see a Zoan that can be just as formidable as a Logia (perhaps even MORE so).......
Same here. I would actually really like it if Kaidou or the 4th emperor is a zoan fruit user. That would definitely be proof that zoans can be just as formidable as how you described and a testament to the great power a zoan user could potentially achieve.

Also, some really awesome ideas you had for awakened zoans in your previous post. Oda should start taking some notes from your imagination .
Old 2009-06-27, 19:32   Link #120
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Same here. I would actually really like it if Kaidou or the 4th emperor is a zoan fruit user. That would definitely be proof that zoans can be just as formidable as how you described and a testament to the great power a zoan user could potentially achieve.

Also, some really awesome ideas you had for awakened zoans in your previous post. Oda should start taking some notes from your imagination .
To be perfectly fair, Lucci was the beginning of the reason I now have respect for Zoans. I think his lingering impact has helped put a badge on the shoulder of every Zoan user in the series. Pell was a help too.

<hint target="moderators">Although, why don't we have a General Zoan Discussion Topic so we can put forward points on what we'd like to see from awakened Zoans, and stop interleaving it with the Weekly discussions?</hint>

Based on Chopper, and the Zoans Sadi-chan trains, I'd like to think that an Awakened Zoan is like...a releasing of the actual Devil within the Fruit, so to speak, which can be brought out under special conditions.

It probably works like so: Huma eats Zoan fruit.
->Gains three forms:
--->Human form (his own)
--->Half-Zoan form
--->Zoan Form.
--->Special conditions under which the user is unable to control his own body, (drugged, like chopper)(???) may cause the Fruit itself to take form in the person's body. (???)

Pure speculation, but I'm very interested in knowing what the Awakened forma really are. That's, of course, assuming that the translators got it right, and Crocodile wasn't just referring to the Zoan users in their Full Zoan form.

If Zoans can really be 'Awakened' then it's not inconceivable for say, Akainu to really be a Zoan of some kind.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Closed Thread