AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Kanon ending would you have preferred?
Ayu 63 53.39%
Nayuki 55 46.61%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-26, 08:20   Link #21
hikikomorisketch

I just prefer Nayuki as a character.

Spoiler for Kanon:
hikikomorisketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 07:08   Link #22
~Azu-chan~
♪♫The Winged Flame Haze♫♪

Send a message via MSN to ~Azu-chan~
I liked Ayu's ending to the series, but I'd be ineresting to see Nayuki's ending...honestly I felt really bad for her at the end :/

I mean, Ayu's good and all but Nayuki was just so determined to help with everything and anything you know? but, if Nayuki and Yuchi were to get together, would that be considered incest because they're cousins? ._.'
~Azu-chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 18:36   Link #23
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Azu-chan~ View Post
but, if Nayuki and Yuchi were to get together, would that be considered incest because they're cousins? ._.'
Not in most places, and not with significant genetic evidence. In Japan, Canada, Mexico, and all European countries, marriage between first cousins is legal. The Qur'an specifically allows it, so I don't think it's banned in any primarily-Muslim countries. It is also legal in 26 US states. If Yuuichi and Nayuki got together, their children would have a slightly increased risk of genetic defects, but that risk would be about the same as that of a child born from a 41-year-old woman.

So there's really no reason to be squicked out by it. (Ah, the things watching anime motivates you to learn)
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:46   Link #24
SuperShominCar

It's hard not to feel bad for Nayuki. The revelation that she was scared of meeting Yuiichi again, and that, not her ditziness, was the reason she was late...but she still treats him with such affection.

I have an offical manga by Shimotsuki Kinusa (obviously a Nayuki fan) which fleshes out the romantic Nayuki ending quite nicely. I can see the entire Ayu sequence playing out if she and Yuiichi are just the closest of friends--and since Ayu is, in many ways, still a child, perhaps this makes sense. Nayuki obviously "loves" Yuiichi more; that is, her feeling is more deeply romantic.

That said, I still think the Ayu ending is the "ultimate" ending--it's one of the most profound things in recent anime, and taking away the romantic aspect might undermine that...

So, I don't know :P but I voted Nayuki
SuperShominCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 00:38   Link #25
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Nayuki is so boring >.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 00:44   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I enjoyed the Ayu ending immensely (for the tragic sacrifice by Nayuki as well as the happy for Ayu). But I think I would have been just a quantum more happy with a "Nayuki ending" with Ayu remaining a good friend of the family whom they help to recover. Much as I enjoyed the other ladies (especially Mai), any of those endings would have been unsatisfactory.

Haven't watched this in a long time.... I keep looking for spare evenings to watch some of my older favorite series.
Old 2010-07-16, 10:27   Link #27
asa.hoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchasar View Post
Ayu is annoying. Nayuki is my favourite in the visual novel.
You got this the other way around

Haha, nah I think Nayuki is annoying with all her "yawn....yawn.....yawn....head falls on b/fast table etc"

However, I developed a more positive image of her in the last 3-4 episodes as her maturity grew and I even had a feeling there was going to be a Nayuki arc because she was the only one left we didn't learn much about/get an insight into!

Though as much as i seem to dislike Nayuki (well, i prefer ayu over her), i think there should have been an arc on her like they did with Mai, Shirio, Makoto etc, especially since when i first saw the anime I immediately thoguht it was a story about Yuichii and Nayuki! They lived together, she was 1st character he met, goes to same school, they tease one another etc

I agree also with the very first post in this thread....the current ending with Ayu is definitely

Quote:
Albeit a bit cheezy and a little difficult to follow, the ending fits.
Sums it up 100% I have neither played the game or read the manga and was left scratching my head.

A second point of curiosity is wouldn't you think they could have completely re-worked the whole series, or maybe just the last few episodes to allow the company to make an OVA or special extra episode with a Nayuki ending! Those who have watched Clannad would know what I mean with "Tomoyo After Story" it's weird why they didn't do that because the way they ended the series leaves extremely little room to make anything to add on unless they start from a prior episode and have Yuichii go off with Nayuki
asa.hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 14:09   Link #28
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I enjoyed the Ayu ending immensely (for the tragic sacrifice by Nayuki as well as the happy for Ayu). But I think I would have been just a quantum more happy with a "Nayuki ending" with Ayu remaining a good friend of the family whom they help to recover. Much as I enjoyed the other ladies (especially Mai), any of those endings would have been unsatisfactory.
I agree with you on bit more happy with a Nayuki ending especially since end of 23 had seem to give that this was a chance, and I also would have been more happy with a Shiori ending, but Mai's relationship had felt more platonic so would have little bit below Ayu in terms of satisfaction.

So ya I voted for Nayuki ending of course xD.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 03:07   Link #29
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Um... O-o Have THAT kind of relationship with your cousin is....wrong.... Ayu ^_^ Happy ending

Last edited by Sin of Memories; 2010-07-17 at 03:32.
Sin of Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 03:19   Link #30
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin of Memories View Post
Um... O-o Have THAT kind of relationship with your cousin is....wrong....
It has already been addressed in this thread (see post #23 above) but the problem here mainly lies in differences in culture. Cousin marriage may be viewed in a negative light where you live but in Japan, it is perfectly legal, although its occurrence is rare.
Old 2010-07-17, 04:57   Link #31
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
O-o That is interesting.... Well I learn something new every day.

Oh, and as to your comment of it being different were I live:

Here we have a lot of jokes about it but it is looked down upon and shunned. Not sure about the laws though, am sure it is legalized after a certain distance (like 6th cousin) or someting...but I do not know. I think it all varies by state here.

@_@ Laws in the US can by quite confusing as they sometimes vary greatly from state to state. Some have not been changed since a said state's founding....
Old 2010-07-24, 19:46   Link #32
kitten320

Ayu, because Nayuki is his cusin. How do you see that happening?

That simply would be out of place and akward.
Old 2010-07-24, 19:49   Link #33
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I choose Ayu since I don't like the idea of Yuuichi and Nayuki together since they are cousins.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 04:48   Link #34
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, what a spoilerific title, though I guess it wouldn't be hard to guess. But then the real answer is Shiori. =p

I voted for Ayu anyways. I think the pairing is kinda funny and occasionaly cute at times. I just wish Ayu would eventually grow a few more inches though, lol. Besides, Nayuki deserves better; Yuuichi doesn't know how to appreciate her.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 23:56   Link #35
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
I prefer Ayu. Her story is so closely tied to everything that makes Kanon as beautiful and dramatic as it is, and the ending just feels natural with her. That's not surprising seeing as she's the main character. I played the visual novel as well, and Nayuki's route just seemed dull to me. It's an acceptable ending, but I like Ayu more and I love the story between her and Yuuichi.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:54   Link #36
renzokuken

Man, that's hard to choose. I think both are great partners for Yuuichi.
I just picked Nayuki because I liked her style more in the Visual Novel.
renzokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 00:49   Link #37
Arcencie

My choice would be Tsukimiya Ayu. I love her story.
Arcencie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 17:05   Link #38
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
After talking with a friend... I guess it depends.

The problem with Ayu is that she's been in a coma for 7 years and thus still has the mentality of a 10 year old. It just doesn't feel right, and adjusting will take a few years. Plus now that I think about it, how much do they know each other?

But...

At that point, I think it'd be much better, which is why I'd really want to see a Kanon After, if we should go with Ayu. It's only right that way. We've waited 7 years; what's another 7? I thought that was an entire unexplored territory that deserves looking into.

The truth is, while I see strong friendship in most of these arcs, I just feel the only tinge of romantic hint was with Shiori which is why the thread's question is so hard to answer.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 00:02   Link #39
Mion S.

Nayuki is a much better character than Ayu, I would pick an ending for her. Ayu gets on my nerves sometimes.
Mion S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 19:31   Link #40
Shog

~Shiori all the way ;p

~But Taking it I can't pick her, I'll go with Nayuki.
~The 1st time I watched the 2002 one, I though he was going to go with nayuki :3

~I've played the game, Game Wise, It's hard to pick, But I may go with Mai, In the game it seem to tell a bit more about what they was going to do after the story was done. ^^