AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 00:40   Link #22981
Chris38

@Mach

Unfortunately, the scenario you described has already been used up by Ikeda in the first season, and I doubt that Ikeda is an author who would overuse Cliché plot points.

I mean, you haven't forgotten about Ruby's master, who fused with all of those plant monsters in her final battle, and the only way to defeat her, was to strike her magic book, which caused her to lose control over her fusion, and caused a gigantic explosion.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be especially enjoyable if Ikeda used a similar tactic to deal with Alucard, who like it or not, will survive the events of the current arc - since, overall I don't see any possible scenario that could be used, for the protagonists to be capable of stopping Alucard, at least at the current point in the manga.

Maybe, if Akasha was revived, I could see some change in the current situation, but Akasha coming back is also kind of a case of a Deus Ex Machina, since if she wasn't capable of returning from within Alucard for 7 years, how could it be possible to do it now ?

On the topics you mentioned in the rest of you're post, honestly Tsukune losing control at the critical point has been overused so much it's not even funny anymore - I doubt it's going to happen, since it would pretty much make the point of Tsukune undergoing the human medication ritual a little redundant.

After all, in my opinion, one of the points of Tsukune undergoing that technique is to make Tsukune less likely to lose control, of course it also increased the amount of power that Tsukune's body can use, but when it comes to the abilities that an ordinary vampire has, Tsukune should have already got a pretty decent control over them.

His Shinso abilities hoverer, are still out of his reach, even if his body has "adapted" enough to be capable of using them, but overall I don't think that Tsukune, in the current situation, needs to use his Shinso powers, with Inner Moka being there, and also due to the threat of Alucard. In other words I think that Tsukune will limit himself to the level of power that an ordinary vampire posses, which shouldn't be any problem for him to control, if we take into consideration his fight against Kuyou.

On the Masked King, I agree that it's unlikely that he will be defeat in the current arc, and based upon what I said in my previous paragraphs I would say the same about Alucard - who I doubt is going to be "permanently" dealt with in the current arc.

After all, even if he is currently pretty insane, Alucard is also a pretty undeveloped character, after all, do we know anything about his past ? About, what kind of connection he has with Akasha ? His reason for wanting to destroy the human race ? What has caused the Shuzen family to become his servants ?

Not even a single one of those questions have been answered yet, and what would be the point of bringing them up, if Alucard would be already defeated in the current arc... so, unless Ikeda plans for this arc to last for another entire year, which I doubt - it most likely means that the matter of Alucard won't be fully resolved in the current arc.

Last edited by Chris38; 2012-08-10 at 12:18.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:12   Link #22982
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

@Chris38

Sure, I'll be fine if Alucard survives this arc. But I wouldn't be so happy if he just continues to sit there and remain a threat to humans and monsters alike.

And I never advocated Akasha somehow resurrecting and helping them fight. Nay, I only thought that she would somehow contact them and help them combat Alucard, or potentially sacrifice herself to finally put an end to Alucard. I don't want Dues Es Machina to occur and magically save Akasha. Makes no sense to me :/

As for redundancy, I guess you're right. Tsukune losing control would be redundant, but with Akuha, Ura, Alucard, and so many other variables? Whose head will be ripped off first? What would occur?

Of course, its still redundant. I guess it isn't the most original way to address it. And honestly, I doubt it would occur. But Ruby's recent notice of Tsukune's Dark Aura is pretty interesting. Eventually it will come into play. How, I don't exactly know. One thought was that the Masked King would seek to turn Tsukune into a Mini-Alucard as well. But I don't know how these things will work and come into play. Guess we have to sit tight and see.

The storyline behind Alucard is interesting, granted, but I'll be damned if we waste to much time on it. It seems that he was a man whose trust in the human race was broken when something disgusting happened. As for the Shuzen Family to become his servants, he's the strongest vampire in the world, of course they're going to follow him.

I don't want him to get any pity. He's nuts, he's a weapon of mass destruction. Plain and simple.
Old 2012-08-11, 02:23   Link #22983
Chris38

@Mach

I doubt that the Masked King will try to do anything to Tsukune to turn him into some sort of mini Alucard.

I think that Tsukune's dark aura, pretty much represents that due to him undergoing the human modification ritual, Tsukune's body became more inhuman, then it previously had been.

Before you say that, it's not true, because Tsukune still wears the Holy Lock that allows him to stay "human", I would first like to point out, that based upon the information we have got Tsukune's "Holy Lock" is still some type of a seal, and like any seal, in the R+V world, it pretty much is a some type of a "filter".

Spoiler for long explanation:

To make the above mentioned, long explanation as short as possible, I believe that the Holy lock doesn't have any effect on the physical changes that occur in Tsukune's body, due to the Shinso blood, the only thing that the seal does is prevent the inhuman parts of Tsukune's being from affecting his daily life, but does that make him "human" - from a mental point of view, that term would be correct, since the Holy Lock is pretty much preventing or limiting the effect that Tsukune's "inhuman" part has on his mentality, it also allows Tsukune to retain a more or less "human" appearance, but from a physical point of view, I think that Tsukune "real" physical body, looks similar to how his new berserk form looks like, which, even if it has retained a part of Tsukune's "humanity", since it's still immune to vampire weaknesses, but I think you have to agree that it doesn't look especially "human".

Since the Holy Lock isn't permanent, it pretty much means that Tsukune's current "humanity" is pretty much an temporary thing, to make Tsukune more or less get used to his current situation, and allow him to have a chance in taking control over the "inhuman" parts of his "new" nature - at least, if he doesn't want to end up as Alucard did...

On the topic of Alucard, I agree that he doesn't deserve any pity, for turning out in the way, he did, but we still need to get some information about him, since after all, Tsukune's development has got some similarity with what Alucard has ended up becoming - and I think that learning how Alucard ended up like this, might give us some pretty relevant information on what is going to be the outcome of Tsukune's own "transformation", so it's not like the information about Alucard's past, wouldn't be pretty relevant to the main characters, especially to Tsukune, who... well, might finally realize what he has gotten himself into, due to staying in the Youkai Academy, despite being a "human", because he has fallen in love with a pretty hot, vampire girl.
Old 2012-08-12, 07:22   Link #22984
Tachibana
タチバナ

Here you go everyone, your favorite back-to-back scene of Moka and Tsukune.

Spoiler for Moka and Tsukune:

I truly loved this scene, it's definitely suitable for a husband and wife.

Though I love the picture, it would be awesome to have some cherry blossom trees in the background, to put more "emotion" into it.

Credit goes to the artist.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:33   Link #22985
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
*shanghais that picture* MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though seriously, that is epic... I think I'm going to have to resize it and set it as my avy somehow

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:20   Link #22986
Shadow5YA

I don't think Alucard has a chance of being saved. We never saw his human form (well... not for this series), so he will always be nothing more than a monster. That's different from someone like Akuha who is still human in form and is capable of expressing emotion, even if she is still crazy.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:14   Link #22987
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Besides Tsukune and Moka VS Akua which was epic to see their teamup finally. Iam wondering about the tentacle thing that was placed by Hokuto the Dr.Worm.

Probably later it will have a sub plot of mind controlling the people it healed, haven't really trusted Hokuto "yet" in the manga.
Old 2012-08-13, 02:56   Link #22988
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I'm honestly looking forward to see alucard's human image.....if he have one.
Or maybe alucard is dracula(Which is probably discussed to death in this thread i assume)
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:10   Link #22989
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Your siggy reminds me of a young Issa in R+VsII.
Old 2012-08-13, 23:28   Link #22990
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 00:00   Link #22991
Rozeluxe Meitzen

hmm, all in all, after reading everything, ive only got a few things to add, correct me if im wrong, but the seal moka was in was to destroy the seal that retained her true powers, and the reason for doing that was to awaken alucard, but, it seamed to me that he began to awaken BEFORE the seal was broken, and its still active (mokas seal), but barely, it seamed to me that alucards awakening was due to tsukune, since he can use more vampire power than outter moka, just my thoughs, but seams really possible because (and the real reason i though of this), once tsukune got out of the dimension, alucard blasted all the way to the outside, i remember they were saying that he will react to moka and awaken and then eat her, if so, why go all the way outside if she was right infront of him, that is the reason of this though, also becouse his awakening seamed to began once tsukune arrived to their base and began using his powers, also i though shinsou was a clasification of supreme vampire, not an ablility like power (DBZ Kaiō Ken refenece), so to say, even if he can only use a of power of about the level of an average vampire, the "Quality" of the vampire power would be shinsou level, thats what i understood, what i want to see is kaluas, akua and her mothers expresion when they find out tsukune is a shinsou, they will begin to shit bricks (blazblue reference)

and second though to add, as i recall, again correct me if im wrong, the shinsou were really hard to kill,almost imposible (remembering akashas and akuas battle) so they had him in a deep sleep state, not sure how they were able to put him in that state in the first place, and akasha "sacrificed" herself in order to do that again, with the only means of awakening being to react to another shinsou, if this is right it COULD mean that akasha is in the same deep sleep state, but inside of alucard, ans since alucard is all around her, she cant really fell the outside, my guess, only if this is possible, is that since there are 2 shinsou outside, moka and tsukune, they could somehow reach her and awaken her (or tore him apart until they find her, again only think this is possible due to the shinsou survival rate, in that you need to compleatly destroy them to stop them for regenerating, and only temporarily for the look of it, DBZ cell reference?), but if this happens , the outcome is unclear, she maybe to exausted to do anything having used to much power insede him to retain herself while in deep sleep and would take a long time to recover, or her being nothing more than a new spawn of alucard, even only living long enough to help a little and say her farwells and resoring the seal, or things of the like, who knows, again all this is just theories ive came up with
Rozeluxe Meitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 02:34   Link #22992
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Would be cool if we see more of him.
But am i the only one who thought that his name is lame or uncool?
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 02:47   Link #22993
DarkRaven
GOD

lol @ the tags .. A really cool bus driver tag is missing there xD
yeah i agree hopefully we will see and learn more about Issa in the future
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 12:05   Link #22994
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Here you go everyone, your favorite back-to-back scene of Moka and Tsukune.

Spoiler for Moka and Tsukune:

I truly loved this scene, it's definitely suitable for a husband and wife.

Though I love the picture, it would be awesome to have some cherry blossom trees in the background, to put more "emotion" into it.

Credit goes to the artist.
That is the correct way to draw large chest in a tight dress or outfit, none of that impossible stuff you see in ecchi animes hehe.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:56   Link #22995
Tachibana
タチバナ

Wow, only 12 days left, this month has gone by fast!
Old 2012-08-20, 17:12   Link #22996
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Wow, only 12 days left, this month has gone by fast!

"only"
.... its 2 long... i want my chapter....

/sob

shouldnt hav caught up on this series... just regretting the 1 month wait now...
Old 2012-08-23, 02:26   Link #22997
Chris38

Since, there isin't a long time, before the next chapter is going to be released, what are you're expectations on what is going to be contained in the next chapter ?

In my opinion, obviously the fight between Akua vs Moka and Tsukune is going to get more serious, with Tsukune being forced to transform into his vampire form, which, naturally is going to be combined with the "revelation" - to Inner Moka and Akua, at the very least - that Tsukune has inherited Moka's Shinso blood.

We will also be shown, some more information about the training that Tsukune underwent, before the infiltration to the Fairy Tale HQ began.

Of course, I also assume that the second team is going to make an appearance, after all with Gyokuro and Kahula being so close to Moka and Tsukune's fight, I see no reason why the fight against the two of them should be delayed by Ikeda.

I also doubt that we will have much movement on the Alucard / Akasha / Miyabi / Kiria / Hokuto's plot points of the current arc, to me, it's still a little too early for that part of this arc to start being resolved, since the fight against Akua is still ongoing, and it doesn't look like it will end soon, and the fight against Gyokuro and Kahula hasn't even began.

Personally, I doubt we will have much development on those plot points that are , until the two fights, that I mentioned, are going to get, pretty close to it's conclusion, which, in my opinion, is going to occur after 2, maybe 3, chapters.
Old 2012-08-23, 03:01   Link #22998
JAGI_X

So about those two which i forgot there names will they going to fight against Moka and Tsukune or no.
Old 2012-08-23, 03:08   Link #22999
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
So about those two which i forgot there names will they going to fight against Moka and Tsukune or no.
you mean kahlua and her mother?

if so.. then perhaps they join in the fight... things get out of hand and tsukune goes berserk...

you all want 2 see it just as much as i do... ^^
Old 2012-08-23, 04:37   Link #23000
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI_X View Post
I doubt that Tsukune and Moka are going to fight Gyokuro and Kahula, I think those two are going to fight against Tohou Fuhai, Gin, Haiji, Kokoa and Ling Ling - in other words the members of the second team, which is going to have some role to play in the current arc, otherwise - what would be the point of Ikeda creating two independent teams for this arc ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
you mean kahlua and her mother?

if so.. then perhaps they join in the fight... things get out of hand and tsukune goes berserk...

you all want 2 see it just as much as i do... ^^
Honestly, I don't want to see Tsukune going berserk at all, since this particular development has already been too overused, in my opinion.

I mean to say that, after Tsukune underwent the human modification, Tsukune should show some progress when it comes to controlling his vampire powers, otherwise it would make the human modification ritual become a... more or less redundant plot point.

I don't mean to say that Tsukune has achieved full control over his powers, since it would be too fast for something like that to occur,but in my opinion, he should be less likely to lose control, compared to before - in other words, I think that the chances of Tsukune going berserk in the current arc, are pretty low.

And even if he's going to get close to losing control, it will be portrayed differently compared to before - probably by having Tsukune act in a more rash and reckless manner, but Tsukune is still going to retain some partial control over his actions, at least for a short period of time...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire