AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-08-28, 13:49   Link #141
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Recently got hooked by the manga version (I've read some chapter before but it did not caught my interest until the cookie arc.)

I read the 2 first volumes of the novel yesterday (Thanks at all the people from B.T. for their hard work!), and I am now definitly addicted!

Hearing that an anime is coming, I can't just wait to see
Spoiler for novel spoiler:

Art-wise, I might be biased as it was the first media I experimented, but I am quite fond of manga-Taiga: I just love the expressions the mangaka was able to give her, and her hairs look a lot more doll-like than in the novel and anime version.
For the dragon, I feel that the novel version has a meaner look (and that's a pro! first time I read the first chapter, I had so good vibes coming from my reading of Angel Densetsu ).
The other characters are so-so, Minorin will probably look more wacky once animated. And I havent' seen the manga-Ami yet to compare.
Concerning Inko-chan, I have faith in the chara designers!
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 00:02   Link #142
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

@ plmko

Compare this to the anime image. Very different.

Spoiler for Aisaka Taiga in Manga:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 21:25   Link #143
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well I picked up the manga recently and really enjoy it, so I'll be eagerly awaiting this!
even if it is worse or better I'll probably still end up loving it
Old 2008-08-30, 00:37   Link #144
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
@ plmko

Compare this to the anime image. Very different.

Spoiler for Aisaka Taiga in Manga:

I never said that the anime design is faithful to the original design except for the colouring changing the look, thats just what you interpreted from my comment. What I meant was that in general colouring things that we are all use to being balck/white can change the feel and therefore the look. You don't have to point that out the obvious features that are different from the manga to the anime, I'm pretty sure the most retarded person could point that out. If my post unintentionally implied anything, well that just the nature of forums.
Its common for the anime based on a manga/novel to be different to the orignial design, after all the anime follows the directors impression the storyline. Also they probably didn't just want the anime to be an exact version of the manga only that its animated but instead opted for an original take so as to input a fresh take on the franchise. After all whats the point of watching the anime if its the same as the manga?

Last edited by plmko; 2008-08-30 at 00:53.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 08:50   Link #145
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Well for one J.C staff opted to take an original route for Zero no Tsukaima (Which has some character similarities too ) and the general consensus is less than positive. They also took a fresh route for Kimikiss ~pure rogue~ and was met with rage from hardcore and casual VN Kimikiss fans ( I for one am not a VN player but I liked the series though, the one gripe I only had is the shafting of Kuryuu ;_; ). I'm not saying that J.C staff is bad ( H&C comes to mind ), its just their recent streak of adaptations ( Visual Novels and Light Novels alike ) have been IMHO less than good.

Well I'm at fault too for misinterpreting your post but no harm was done so all is well . We can only hope when it finally airs.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 01:41   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well from some previews thought this one sounded pretty interesting. Will somehow hold myself back and see how the anime turns out. Though the character designs from the previous page wasn't quite what I was expecting from what you'd see on the novel covers. Though I know without massive budget you aren't going to get anything looking exactly like that all the time. Just a reaction upon seeing it.

Hopefully it goes well.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:24   Link #147
deffusse
otaku[SK]

well I new in Taiga Aisaka's world.... I've read it only on monday, and I must say it was realy a surprise. I don't agree with the meaning Taiga=Zero, they're different in various ways. Both the manga and lightNovel are great, and so there isn't any other wish, but to hope for J.C. is going to make a great anime.... Looking forward for this one
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 05:12   Link #148
slidingk1

Oh god another light novel that JC is going to kill and beat to death.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 10:48   Link #149
asrielchase

Compared to another light novel they'll animate this fall, Toaru Majuutsu no Index,
it's obvious which one they're putting more money into...
Old 2008-09-06, 11:06   Link #150
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

More voices:

Takasu Yasuka : Oohara Sayaka
Koigakubo Yuri : Tanaka Rie

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:47   Link #151
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

I'm waiting for this stuff. Manga was amazing, but only one question - is there any differences in plot between manga and ranobe ?

Ah, btw, if they will adapt it right - we will get one of the funniest anime in this autumn season. But, actually there are no heavy-weight rivals in this category. R+V Capu 2, Kyou no Go No Ni TV - this stuff is from a bit another category.

I hope, that J.C. Stuff wil adapt it right, because they have some experience with Shana & Zero, and they are similar in the basis with Toradora.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:49   Link #152
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kyouray put it nicely for me... basically when I opened up this page, for a moment there I thought I mistakenly opened the Minamike thread. Wow, that Taiga looks like Chiaki to almost a tee, and lost her sophisticated look in the process.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 13:50   Link #153
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
I'm waiting for this stuff. Manga was amazing, but only one question - is there any differences in plot between manga and ranobe ?
As far as I've seen so far, the manga and novel are very similar (a few cuts here and there, but adaptions are never exactly the same anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Ah, btw, if they will adapt it right - we will get one of the funniest anime in this autumn season. But, actually there are no heavy-weight rivals in this category. R+V Capu 2, Kyou no Go No Ni TV - this stuff is from a bit another category.
Rosario lost before it started, because Rosario just isn't all that funny. Kyou no Go no ni... We'll have to see, but I doubt it will be that good...
Though... It lost to Kannagi before it started (in various sections). *runs*

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-09-06, 13:57   Link #154
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Rosario lost before it started, because Rosario just isn't all that funny
Well, it depends more on your tastes. It's funny enough, but with tons of fanservice, pantsu and so on. If you don't mind this things - you will get a nice funny stuff, but if not and you want something more serious in comedy plan (not only boobs and pantsu and with a bit complex plot, in this plan) - then no, it will really loose.

Last edited by Littm; 2008-09-06 at 14:15.
Old 2008-09-07, 14:55   Link #155
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though... It lost to Kannagi before it started (in various sections). *runs*
I find Kannagi to be on the stale side to be honest. It's got a few "it makes you smile" moments, but overall I do not think of Kannagi as a laugh out loud type comedy show either.

To be fair I consider Toradora on the same scale, but Toradora beats Kannagi in the amount of times it makes me smile when I read it. Plus as I've emphasised a lot of times before, the novel's strong point is in its witty descriptive text, which mangas in general just cannot hope to even touch since the medium is different (and thus has different strength and weaknesses).
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 08:47   Link #156
kyouray
2D > 3D

Design of the characters on Dengeki Online.

Cute Taiga
Old 2008-09-08, 08:49   Link #157
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

She was cuttier in the manga. But not bad here too.
Old 2008-09-08, 09:15   Link #158
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post

Cute Taiga
The face designs remind me of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 15:15   Link #159
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post

Cute Taiga
Pffff! Sorry... I couldn't help but laugh.
On a second look, it could end up being fine (among all of the expressions I thought were kind of no good, there were a few good ones)... but those designs really are... Oh well.
Taiga's head really does look too big...

A few of Ami's expressions reminded me of Shion... In a good way(?).

Still need a moving trailer though, to be more certain on if these character designs will end up working (amusingly, Toaru Majutsu no Index, another anime JC Staff is working on, already has a trailer out. Priority?).

Old 2008-09-08, 15:56   Link #160
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Sounds like School Rumble, only insert the guy with the funny eyes from Karin for the male lead

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen